PDA

View Full Version : NEW suns does not suck

Darthkiller
02-23-2009, 09:33 PM
boston simply too good. they are destroying denver right now.

Rogue
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
New suns don't suck just because amar'e is sidelined.

Unholy Turkey
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
And the Nuggets don't have Nene too. That's a big factor.

Then again, the Celtics don't have KG either.

pawe
02-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Injuries shouldnt even be mentioned as every team has one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
The Celtics put up 128 w/o Amare, chances are they put up 130+ w/ Amare. I'd love to say this is true and they don't suck, but they still have the same weaknesses that need to be addressed.

pauls931
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Injuries shouldnt even be mentioned as every team has one.

Or when they lead to the drafting of one of the best big men ever...

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:23 PM
New Suns team do not match up well with Houston, Utah, and New Orleans. Maybe they can finish 6th.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
New Suns team do not match up well with Houston, Utah, and New Orleans. Maybe they can finish 6th.

Yup, even though they are way more talented on paper, New Orleans would still kill this team because the Paul and West pick and roll torch them so much whenever they do it to the point where the Sun's advantage at SF, SG, and C wouldn't matter.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Yup, even though they are way more talented on paper, New Orleans would still kill this team because the Paul and West pick and roll torch them so much whenever they do it to the point where the Sun's advantage at SF, SG, and C wouldn't matter.

Also, Chandler runs the floor too well for Shaq to keep up. If Nash could defend better, you guys would do better. Marion is a big loss.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Also, Chandler runs the floor too well for Shaq to keep up. If Nash could defend better, you guys would do better. Marion is a big loss.

Marion's job was impossible when they played NO. Every time Paul and West were setting up a PNR he had to help off Peja since Amare and Nash didn't feel like defending, then after that would have to recover on time to contest Peja's shot, and if Peja happened to miss the shot that in all likelihood was open, Marion had to somehow grab the rebound over Chandler.

Marion is maybe the only player in the NBA with the motor, athleticism/speed, and rebounding ability to make a decent attempt at doing what I just listed. Once he left Paul was able to pick the Suns apart even more so than before.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Marion's job was impossible when they played NO. Every time Paul and West were setting up a PNR he had to help off Peja since Amare and Nash didn't feel like defending, then after that would have to recover on time to contest Peja's shot, and if Peja happened to miss the shot that in all likelihood was open, Marion had to somehow grab the rebound over Chandler.

Marion is maybe the only player in the NBA with the motor, athleticism/speed, and rebounding ability to make a decent attempt at doing what I just listed. Once he left Paul was able to pick the Suns apart even more so than before.

No wonder Marion wanted out of Phoenix :downspin:

You got me dizzy now :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-24-2009, 02:09 PM
No wonder Marion wanted out of Phoenix :downspin:

You got me dizzy now :lol

:lol

He had no problem doing that as long as Nash got him his 12-15 points per game, he had a problem with doing that and then reading a big article in the paper the next day about how much Amare's game has progressed with a footer at the end discussing a possible trade involving him. I can't say I blame him for that I'd be pretty pissed off.

DesandDave
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM

yes...

:toast

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
This is my prediction, with some bias.

1) Lakers
2) Spurs (Deep down in my heart, the Hornets will catch them :P)
3) Hornets
4) Jazz
5) Rockets (better record than Jazz)

After that its a tossup

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 02:50 PM
This is my prediction, with some bias.

1) Lakers
2) Spurs (Deep down in my heart, the Hornets will catch them :P)
3) Hornets
4) Jazz
5) Rockets (better record than Jazz)

After that its a tossup

Jazz will finish with 8th seed. 15 of their final 25 are on the road and they're a shit road team.

Hornets? :lol

4/5/6 seed.

Red Hawk #21
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM

Wow, this is a great analogy. I never looked at it this way before. The sad thing however is that ever since Marion left phoenix he has never been the same.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Jazz will finish with 8th seed. 15 of their final 25 are on the road and they're a shit road team.

Hornets? :lol

4/5/6 seed.

They're a shit team period, they just get so many calls at home their inflated home record carries them through the season.