PDA

View Full Version : Rosenfels to Vikings Trade Near Complete

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Report: Texans, Vikings talk trade

The Texans and Vikings are close to a trade that would send quarterback Sage Rosenfels to Minnesota, possibly for a fourth-round draft pick, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

This is the second consecutive year in which the Vikings have been interested in acquiring Rosenfels, who is near the end of his contract, to be their starting quarterback.

Rosenfels wanted to be traded to the Vikings last season in hopes of starting for a team that has Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor at running back and has led the NFL in run defense for two straight years.

At the time, the Vikings reportedly offered a third-round draft choice, but the Texans wanted a second-round pick. Both teams denied an offer was made.

Minnesota already has quarterbacks Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson on its roster and will want to extend Rosenfels' contract if the trade is completed.

The Texans had no comment Monday on the report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3928630

CubanMustGo
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
A freakin' fourth round draft choice?

What do the Texans do the next time their China doll QB gets hurt?

George.W.Bush
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
That Sage feller made me chuckle on that QB roll out that he had, which lead him to be flown up in the air like a rag doll.

Rogue
02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
That Sage feller made me chuckle on that QB roll out that he had, which lead him to be flown up in the air like a rag doll.
now you really sounds like a president, even more than when your were in office. I bet you would nominate Halle Berry as your SOS if you were still the president.

change your affiliate, George, you're living in Dallas. :king

George.W.Bush
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I appricifiy that rouge.

ATRAIN
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Looks like its official now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939155

CubanMustGo
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM
The guy gets his salary tripled and the Texans end up with a fourth round draft choice. Seems like if the Vikings wanted him so badly the Texans should have ended up with something more substantial.

ATRAIN
02-27-2009, 09:43 AM
The guy gets his salary tripled and the Texans end up with a fourth round draft choice. Seems like if the Vikings wanted him so badly the Texans should have ended up with something more substantial.

:bang

Sage Rosenfels
02-27-2009, 09:45 AM
hopefully we decide to run the ball a lot so they can hide my ability to turn it over frequently.

ATRAIN
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
hopefully we decide to run the ball a lot so they can hide my ability to turn it over frequently.

You mean you dont want to show off your Rosencopter ability?

dirk4mvp
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Helicopter!

jack sommerset
02-27-2009, 04:18 PM
A freakin' fourth round draft choice?

What do the Texans do the next time their China doll QB gets hurt?

+1. Stupid trade.

djohn2oo8
02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I wonder if derrick ward really would want to sign with the texans....It would make a hell of a RB tandom with SLATON/WARD.

BSofA04
02-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I hope Rosencopter does well with the Vikings. His lasting memory with me is him handing Indy the game in Houston. Thanks asshole. I'm still pissed about that!

BSofA04
02-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Well...after the Colts fiasco and his game against Baltimore we're lucky to get a fourth. Actually, it's border line stealing. The Vikings are idiots for restructing a guy's contract who's TD's=INT's these past few seasons.

monosylab1k
02-28-2009, 01:47 AM
So who exactly are the Texans planning on starting at QB for the half the season that Schaub won't play?

BSofA04
02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
So who exactly are the Texans planning on starting at QB for the half the season that Schaub won't play?
Mario Williams.