PDA

View Full Version : Amazing shot by Devin Harris from halfcourt

DeadlyDynasty
02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
just saw it on NBATV...the refs are reviewing it cuz its close. Harris had the ball stripped, caught it again and chucked it from halfcourt ftw over philly, 98-96...let it stand cause that was amazing!:wow

xtremesteven33
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
yea just saw it too.

crazy hailmary shot for sure.

HarlemHeat37
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
LOL I'm watching it right now..I was gonna make a thread..easily the play of the year..NJ got screwed on a horrible Dalembert call a minute ago, and Iguodala got away with a foul on the Harris play too..what a play..

lil_penny
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Suckif it didn't count

Rogue
02-23-2009, 10:17 PM
fluke

IronMexican
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM
gif!

Kai
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
It counted.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
We watched it live. It was awesome. Crazy stuff.

DeadlyDynasty
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL I'm watching it right now..I was gonna make a thread..easily the play of the year..NJ got screwed on a horrible Dalembert call a minute ago, and Iguodala got away with a foul on the Harris play too..what a play..
yeah, that foul call on Dalembert (by Harris) was a crock of shit...glad DH got his redemption

DeadlyDynasty
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
We watched it live. It was awesome. Crazy stuff.

me too on NBATV...farkin awesome:toast

duncan228
02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
0afz7lz7KGM

byrdman31
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
amazing.. isnt that a travel tho? or was he striped first?

IronMexican
02-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Pretty cool.

ElNono
02-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Who said Devin Harris won't win you games? :lol

mystargtr34
02-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Amazing. Not a travel because he doesnt have control when he got stripped.

baseline bum
02-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Unreal.

MarHill
02-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Who said Devin Harris won't win you games? :lol

The Dallas Mavericks!

Cuban says he would still trade Harris for Kidd all over again. :wow

:lmao

lil_penny
02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
What a shot!!

sribb43
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Nets still suck....nice shot though

tomtom
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
wow that was just sick

Shank
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Good for the Nets to finally mix in a win.

Findog
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Good for the Nets to finally mix in a win.

I know, with superduperstar Devin Harris, I thought they'd be in the mix with Cleveland and Boston.

Fermixalot
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
The Dallas Mavericks!

Cuban says he would still trade Harris for Kidd all over again. :wow

:lmao

I never have and never will understand that trade. never.

But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy having Harris in the East!

02-24-2009, 12:50 AM
every time devin harris does something amazing like score 39 pts and shoot a winning halfcourt buzzer beating shot, mavs fans will have to live with the pain. don't worry, the spurs have scola.

underdawg
02-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I know, with superduperstar Devin Harris, I thought they'd be in the mix with Cleveland and Boston.

good thing y'all got rid of him - he's old and has no room for improvement.

DynastyBuilder
02-24-2009, 12:52 AM
What an amazing shot. Just amazing.

Findog
02-24-2009, 12:58 AM
good thing y'all got rid of him - he's old and has no room for improvement.

Dorf! :bking

ElNono
02-24-2009, 01:05 AM
The thing with Devin in NJ is that outside of Carter they have absolutely nobody else there... Lopez might be good in a couple of years, but he's still a rook...
At least when Kidd was in NJ they still had RJ and before VC he also had KMart and Kerry Kittles (:lol ok, I'm just kidding about Kittles).

Shank
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Too bad that shot still has them 2 games out of 8th, struggling to keep up with Milwaukee - a team missing its 2 best players. People overrate the balls out of Devin Harris.

sribb43
02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
As good as Devin is, you would think that his team would be challenging the Cavs, Lakers and Celtics for best record in the league

1Parker1
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
:lmao @ Mavs fans belittling Devin Harris. People overrate him? No one had the Nets even close to making the playoffs and Devin Harris has them 2 places out of the 8th spot. Nets are basically Harris, an aging VC...and NO ONE ELSE.

As for the comment that you'd think his team would be challenging the Cavs, Lakers, etc for the best record in the league...:lmao. You'd think a team with Dirk, Howard, and Kidd would be better than their slightly above .500 record indicates.

Shank
02-24-2009, 10:08 AM
:lmao @ Mavs fans belittling Devin Harris. People overrate him? No one had the Nets even close to making the playoffs and Devin Harris has them 2 places out of the 8th spot. Nets are basically Harris, an aging VC...and NO ONE ELSE.

As for the comment that you'd think his team would be challenging the Cavs, Lakers, etc for the best record in the league...:lmao. You'd think a team with Dirk, Howard, and Kidd would be better than their slightly above .500 record indicates.

Nets won't make the playoffs. They're shit and Devin Harris IS overrated.

Mavs are more than "slightly" above .500. In fact, they're closer to surpassing the Spurs record than they are to being a .500 team. But hey - facts. What can you do, right?

N4th4n
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
They're shit and Devin Harris IS overrated.

So is it pure coincidence that Mav's fans are the only fans in the league that thinks this?

hater
02-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Harris > Kidd

Shank
02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
So is it pure coincidence that Mav's fans are the only fans in the league that thinks this?

Show me where this is stated as fact and then we'll converse. He's an above-average point guard, I'll give you that. But he's not a superstar-level NBA player.

Facts are - Jason Terry is putting up the same numbers as a bench player for the Mavs, he'd never sniff the All-Star team if he were still in the West, his +/- is among the worst in the league, his defense has worsened since he's been asked to be a top scoring option for his team, he's taken a step back from his ridiculous games earlier in the season, he's still injury prone and he is NOT the 2nd coming of Oscar Robertson like everyone is anointing him to be.

Hemotivo
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
OMG

WTF is that Violet Palmer?

look the reaction of Vince Carter

1Parker1
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Show me where this is stated as fact and then we'll converse. He's an above-average point guard, I'll give you that. But he's not a superstar-level NBA player.

Facts are - Jason Terry is putting up the same numbers as a bench player for the Mavs, he'd never sniff the All-Star team if he were still in the West, his +/- is among the worst in the league, his defense has worsened since he's been asked to be a top scoring option for his team, he's taken a step back from his ridiculous games earlier in the season, he's still injury prone and he is NOT the 2nd coming of Oscar Robertson like everyone is anointing him to be.

Are telling me that you'd rather have Jason Kidd or Jason Terry on the team over Devin Harris still?? :wow No one called him the 2nd coming of Oscar Robertson, but have you seen the #'s Harris is putting up in Jersey this season? He's a VERY solid PG in this league, and he's young with a LOT of upside. I would think Mavs fans, more than anyone, would understand this value.

It's too bad Cuban thinks just like you and why the Mavs fell out of championship contention.

Spurs Brazil
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Crazy

jman3000
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
wow... that was pretty bad ass... there was like half a tenth of a second left when that thing got out of his hand.

Red Hawk #21
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Seriously Philly has suffered some pretty bad losses this season : When we played them Joe hit a 3pointer from 38 feet to put the game away, Dirk had a sick buzzer beater versus them, in the meeting before this Harris had a game winning Block on the Sixers, and now this Miracle shot. It sux to be the Sixers lol

02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
how does the nets sucking have to do with harris's amazing shot? it's not his fault he got traded to the nets but it is his fault that he's matured into an all star who can take over games. 39 points and a game winning shot last night? sounds pretty good to me.

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Harris is a badass. I don't know why Mav fans still deny this. Funny thing is, he was the same player when he played for us, just goes to show how much a coach and system can hurt or help a guy. Gavery is a point guards nightmare as head coach.

TheMACHINE
02-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Harris is a stud. Glad teams arnt dumb enough to trade him.

lurker
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
It's pretty sad that the Mavs fans that were in support of the trade try to put down everything Devin does to make themselves feel better. Some of you are just as bad as Mark Cuban.

:toast to Devin.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Seriously Philly has suffered some pretty bad losses this season : When we played them Joe hit a 3pointer from 38 feet to put the game away, Dirk had a sick buzzer beater versus them, in the meeting before this Harris had a game winning Block on the Sixers, and now this Miracle shot. It sux to be the Sixers lol

Also, Peja hit 5 straight 3-pointers to start the 4th quarter when we beat them. It was crazy! :lol

Shank
02-24-2009, 02:05 PM
It's pretty sad that the Mavs fans that were in support of the trade try to put down everything Devin does to make themselves feel better. Some of you are just as bad as Mark Cuban.

:toast to Devin.

Not putting down what he does. At the same time, though, there's no need to start 5 threads every time he plays well. Where are the threads where he shits the bed and lets Jason Kidd nut all over his face, ala last week?

baseline bum
02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Nets won't make the playoffs. They're shit and Devin Harris IS overrated.

Mavs are more than "slightly" above .500. In fact, they're closer to surpassing the Spurs record than they are to being a .500 team. But hey - facts. What can you do, right?

Nets record last year with Kidd: 23-31 (42.6%)
Nets record this year with Harris: 25-32 (43.7%)

Harris > Kidd is obvious

02-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Harris > Kidd is obvious

don't forget the nets also traded away richard jefferson for scrubs and cap space.

Shank
02-24-2009, 02:16 PM

Harris > Kidd is obvious

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Not putting down what he does. At the same time, though, there's no need to start 5 threads every time he plays well. Where are the threads where he shits the bed and lets Jason Kidd nut all over his face, ala last week?

There was a thread started when CP3 held him to 1-11 shooting.

TheMACHINE
02-24-2009, 02:31 PM
im not hating on Kidd. He is great. But to trade a young great PG for a has been is dumb. Its like someone trading a young great player for Shaq...oh wait.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-24-2009, 02:35 PM
don't forget the nets also traded away richard jefferson for scrubs and cap space.

lopez>jefferson

Shank
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
im not hating on Kidd. He is great. But to trade a young great PG for a has been is dumb. Its like someone trading a young great player for Shaq...oh wait.

Kobe would rape another white girl to have Kidd as his PG, regardless of age.

baseline bum
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I hope you're being sarcastic.

The numbers show Harris has led a worse supporting cast to a better record in a tougher conference than Kidd did the year before. I called it the second the media found out about the trade that Kidd for Harris straight up, much less with the extra draft picks, was a horrible deal for Mavs for both the present and future.

baseline bum
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Kobe would rape another white girl to have Kidd as his PG, regardless of age.

:lol

Kobe also talked shit all the summer before last about how the Lakers weren't a contender, even though they ended up being the #1 seed even before the Gasol trade. Kobe's a hell of a player, but he's shown he has no talent on the GM side of things.

LEONARD
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Best game-winning shot ever...

Shank
02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
The numbers show Harris has led a worse supporting cast to a better record in a tougher conference than Kidd did the year before. I called it the second the media found out about the trade that Kidd for Harris straight up, much less with the extra draft picks, was a horrible deal for Mavs for both the present and future.

Those are the wrong comparisons, though. Why compare when Kidd was on the Nets to Devin on the Nets (with a measly 1.1% advantage - negligible)?

Compare something tangible, ie. - Mavs with Kidd and their current standings to Harris, the Nets and theirs.

Bruno
02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Whether or not you like Harris (and I find that he is one the most overrated player in the league), you had to admit that it is a great shot.

baseline bum
02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Those are the wrong comparisons, though. Why compare when Kidd was on the Nets to Devin on the Nets (with a measly 1.1% advantage - negligible)?

Compare something tangible, ie. - Mavs with Kidd and their current standings to Harris, the Nets and theirs.

OK, the Mavs were 35-17 (67%) when they decided to trade Harris for Kidd. They were 30-13 (70%) before Harris got injured. With Kidd this season, 33-22 (60%). Pretty clear who got the better end of that deal short-term, and crystal clear who did long-term.

02-24-2009, 05:58 PM

how does mavs > nets equal kidd > harris? harris is continuing a better record on the nets even without richard jefferson, who got traded for scrubs. you know, the nets leading scorer in 2007-2008? mavs had better record with harris, and the nets have a better record with harris. both teams have better records with harris at the point guard position.

Shank
02-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Again, why are you comparing teams before and after? How is that valid?

Compare apples to apples - the current Mavs record with Kidd at PG to the Nets record with Harris.

02-24-2009, 06:03 PM

Compare apples to apples - the current Mavs record with Kidd at PG to the Nets record with Harris.

so because rashard lewis (all star PF) on the magic have a better record than dirk (also an allstar PF) and the mavs, then lewis > dirk? apples to apples right? i think the harris trade was so traumatizing that it screwed with the logical part of your brain.

Shank
02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I missed the part where Rashard Lewis was traded for Dirk.

02-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I missed the part where Rashard Lewis was traded for Dirk.

i missed the part how nets and the mavs were identical teams with only kidd and harris being the difference.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2009, 06:24 PM
That's an amazing shot. The fact that he was able to get his hands back on it and put it up is incredible. There was a time in his career that he would have flailed his arms to try to sell the foul instead of staying with the play.

Shank
02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
That's an amazing shot. The fact that he was able to get his hands back on it and put it up is incredible. There was a time in his career that he would have flailed his arms to try to sell the foul instead of staying with the play.

I think he was in the process of trying to flail and sell the foul :lol

Obstructed_View
02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I think he was in the process of trying to flail and sell the foul :lol

Yeah I think so too but he abandoned it in time to make the play. There was a year he was in Dallas that his flopping was downright embarassing. He's a much better player for abandoning that tactic.

baseline bum
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM

08 Mavericks team = Apple 1
09 Mavericks team = Apple 2
Apple2 wins at a 60% clip versus Apple1 that wins at a 67% clips, so obviously, Apple2 < Apple1

Apple2 = 09 Mavericks team
= (08 Mavericks team - Harris) + Kidd
= (Apple1 - Harris) + Kidd
= Apple1 + (- Harris + Kidd)

So, Apple2 - Apple1 = -Harris + Kidd
Apple2 < Apple1, so Apple2 - Apple1 < 0
Therefore,
0 > -Harris + Kidd
implies Harris > Kidd

QED

Findog
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Shank and baselline are both essentially right in their respective arguments. They're just talking past one another. Baseline is right that the trade was a mistake in the long run, and there is no question that Devin Harris has more trade value today. Any GM would rather have Devin today and certainly tomorrow.

Shank is right that Kidd is playing well and is doing what he was brought to Dallas to do. There's no question that Kidd new to the Mavericks with Avery as the coach was too much of a adjustment mid-season to be as good as what they had before the trade. If you're gonna make a move like that, do it in training camp.

The Mavs I think have finally hit something of a stride with Kidd, and finally look good with him at PG, but they're not elite anymore, that's for sure. They still don't look as good as they did before the trade, and that is a trend that probably won't reverse. Trading for a guy like that is an offseason move.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah if we're talking one to one swaps, Harris doesn't help the Mavs at this point more than Kidd does. The trade is clearly a huge mistake, but Kidd's playing pretty well.