PDA

View Full Version : Chandler's back

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 10:33 PM
He started. I can't watch the game live since i'm in Houston. Wilcox has 5 points and 4 boards :wow

Kai
02-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Good for Tyson. He seems like a nice guy (at least in his blog at NBA.com)

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Good for Tyson. He seems like a nice guy (at least in his blog at NBA.com)

Going to the game tomorrow night?

wireonfire
02-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Chandler looks like an "angry black man" to me. He sucks, should give half of his paycheck to CP3.

Kai
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Going to the game tomorrow night?

Nope :depressed wish I was.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Nope :depressed wish I was.

I'm thinking about going. I'm trying to get my brother to go, but he's want to go to the Dynamo game :sleep

I don't want to go alone, plus I have to be back home in Lake Charles by Wednesday :bang

mystargtr34
02-23-2009, 11:26 PM
They look like a different team with him on the floor.

BRHornet45
02-23-2009, 11:36 PM
They look like a different team with him on the floor.

mothafuckin co-signed son .... people tend to overlook what Tyson brings to this team. they worry so much about his PPG only be 8-10 points. watch him on the floor ... not to mention his chemistry with Paul.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Fuck, lead down to 7. FT is terrible today. West as usual 5-14. Does have 8 FTs. Defense struggling.

mystargtr34
02-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Even though he only averages 8 PPG, the biggest dip in NO's scoring from this year to last, is primarily because of Chandler too.

1) Alot of the offensive is run through West, whos a strictly half court player. So to make sure hes at his most effective, they play a walk it up the floor game. When Chandler is there he runs the floor, and alot of the time CP3 can get straight into a P&R with him before the defense is fully set, and then its a pick your poison for the defense.

2) Offensive rebounds. He gave them 4-6 PPG alone just becuase of his Offensive Rebounding.

Not to mention his defense.

I wish that trade went through.

BRHornet45
02-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Fuck, lead down to 7. FT is terrible today. West as usual 5-14. Does have 8 FTs. Defense struggling.

West only averages 20 points per game because he hogs the ball and forces himself to the line. Which isn't always a BAD thing, but he is way too predictable with it. Like tonight, I have seen him throw up bricks and air balls at least 4-5 times while being triple teamed lol. at least he is crashing the boards lately. tonight he is on pace to scored well over 30 points. a typical 30 point performance by West looks like this ...

9 of 24 shooting
12 of 13 from the line

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
West only averages 20 points per game because he hogs the ball and forces himself to the line. Which isn't always a BAD thing, but he is way too predictable with it. Like tonight, I have seen him throw up bricks and air balls at least 4-5 times while being triple teamed lol. at least he is crashing the boards lately. tonight he is on pace to scored well over 30 points. a typical 30 point performance by West looks like this ...

9 of 24 shooting
12 of 13 from the line

Honestly, his game is slowly turning into Dirk's. More fadeaway jumpers and less rebounding and defending.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Even though he only averages 8 PPG, the biggest dip in NO's scoring from this year to last, is primarily because of Chandler too.

1) Alot of the offensive is run through West, whos a strictly half court player. So to make sure hes at his most effective, they play a walk it up the floor game. When Chandler is there he runs the floor, and alot of the time CP3 can get straight into a P&R with him before the defense is fully set, and then its a pick your poison for the defense.

2) Offensive rebounds. He gave them 4-6 PPG alone just becuase of his Offensive Rebounding.

Not to mention his defense.

I wish that trade went through.

You make a great point about him running the floor. When your Center can run the floor, it collapses the defense and either leads to a easy dunk or wide open looks for everyone else. The question is how much does that toe injury limit that.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Crap, lead down to one. Kings on 9-0 run to start the quarter with CP3 resting. Also, Martin/Nocioni/Garcia abusing our perimeter guys.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Chandler with back-to-back dunks!! CP3 with 12 assists already.

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
welcome back Tyson ... 15 points, 10 rebounds

DPG21920
02-24-2009, 12:30 AM
My fantasy team is alive with the Chandler!!!

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:31 AM
welcome back Tyson ... 15 points, 10 rebounds

He was awesome tonight. I counted at least 4 alley-oops. Amazing stuff.

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 12:35 AM
He was awesome tonight. I counted at least 4 alley-oops. Amazing stuff.

and to think ... ownership tried to move him for financial reasons. the chemistry between Paul and Chandler is something special and rare. Both are young and need to stay together. If the Hornets consider both Paul and West as "untouchable" when it comes to trades, then Tyson should be added in there as well.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Decent win tonight. Chandler was back to his old self.

1) CP3 was his usual stuff. 27 pts on 11-19 shooting, 13 assists, 6 boards, 2 steals, and only 2 TOs. Showing why he is statistically the 2nd best player in the league behind Lebron.

2) West didn't shoot well (8-19) but did go to the line, scored 24 pts, 9 boards, 5 assists, and 4 blocks. Overall a pretty strong game.

3) Perimeter defense sucked tonight. Nocioni/Martin/Garcia ripped us to shreds. We have to defend better.

4) However Butler/Peja/Posey did account for 39 points. Not bad.

Next two home games are winnable before we head to NJ/Philly this weekend. Also we are technically in 6th place in the West and just one game back in the loss column behind Houston and just two back behind Denver and Portland for 3rd place.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
and to think ... ownership tried to move him for financial reasons. the chemistry between Paul and Chandler is something special and rare. Both are young and need to stay together. If the Hornets consider both Paul and West as "untouchable" when it comes to trades, then Tyson should be added in there as well.

I agree. Chandler is so important when he's healthy. I would keep him and West for now. To me, only those 3 should be untouchables. You could add Wright to the mix since he has alot of potential and he's very young, but I could see Scott giving up on him and Hilton. Neither played tonight even though they are our last two lottery picks.

Kai
02-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Next two home games are winnable before we head to NJ/Philly this weekend. Also we are technically in 6th place in the West and just one game back in the loss column behind Houston and just two back behind Denver and Portland for 3rd place.

This race is tight. Let's at least all pass Denver in the standings :toast

scanry
02-24-2009, 01:15 AM
This race is tight. Let's at least all pass Denver in the standings :toast

You guys seriously think you could hold off New Orleans? I see them capturing the 3rd seed by the end of the regular season. I'm hoping that they end up at the 4 spot. BTW New Orleans matches up really well against the Lakers. Probably even better than the Spurs. :wow

I want San Antonio on fresh legs against the Lakers. :hat

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
You guys seriously think you could hold off New Orleans? I see them capturing the 3rd seed by the end of the regular season. I'm hoping that they end up at the 4 spot. BTW New Orleans matches up really well against the Lakers. Probably even better than the Spurs. :wow

We definitely wore you guys out before you went to LA. It was a tough 7 game series and no doubt cost you game 1 when you blew the big lead in the 4th quarter.

Kai
02-24-2009, 02:29 AM

Honestly, I don't know if we can hold off NO, our schedule is brutal down the stretch. The Rockets are a completely new team since T-Mac/Rafer left, so I really don't know what to expect from them, but if the past few games have been any indication, I think we'll be right there with the best of them. (by the best of them I mean everyone besides the best/Lakers)

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Honestly, I don't know if we can hold off NO, our schedule is brutal down the stretch. The Rockets are a completely new team since T-Mac/Rafer left, so I really don't know what to expect from them, but if the past few games have been any indication, I think we'll be right there with the best of them. (by the best of them I mean everyone besides the best/Lakers)

Dude, i'm excited about the Rockets. I think Brooks and Lowery will be strong at the point, wing players will be solid, Scola and Yao will be strong in the point. You guys can beat anyone on any given night.

Yorae
02-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Jazz might start to rise too with Boozer back...hmmm.....and phoenix is uhmmm.....where are they?

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Jazz might start to rise too with Boozer back...hmmm.....and phoenix is uhmmm.....where are they?

Jazz will rise some, but unless they improve on the road, they won't rise too much. Every team in the West has had their fair share of injuries compared to the Jazz, yet for some reason people think they will rise up quickly when healthy even though they're the worst road team out of the playoff contenders.

iggypop123
02-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Jazz will rise some, but unless they improve on the road, they won't rise too much. Every team in the West has had their fair share of injuries compared to the Jazz, yet for some reason people think they will rise up quickly when healthy even though they're the worst road team out of the playoff contenders.

they might have a sense of urgency because of that. if you look at how many free throws they get at home vs the road, they desperately need to be a 4th seed to advance past the 1st round

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 02:57 AM
Jazz will be lucky to crack 50 wins.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 03:15 AM

I've seen a few people mention this, where do people get this retarded idea? Because the Hornets played the Lakers close and lost even despite 31 points from Rasual muthafuckin Butler? Give me a break. The Lakers own the Hornets, just like they own the entire West. For someone to match up well against the Lakers implies that they'd be favored in the series. The Hornets would be lucky to win 2 games in a best of 7 against the Lakers without HCA.