PDA

View Full Version : CoD 4 Epilogue

jman3000
02-23-2009, 10:41 PM
WTF? I've heard that it's supposed to be super hard and people spend hours and hours trying to get it on Veteran.

I just finished it in about 20 or so tries. Do ya'll have it?

balli
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I've never beat it on Veteran. Probably went for it 50 or so times the first few months I owned the game, but I haven't tried in a long, long time.

jman3000
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
just flashbang the fuck out of everybody and take your time.

I got to the hostage with over 10 seconds left and from what I've read that's pretty good.

jman3000
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
I will say this... you have to have patience like a mother fucker when playing a CoD game on veteran... you will die hundreds upon hundreds of times and there's nothing you can do about it except get lucky.

Creepn
02-24-2009, 04:43 AM
I find it hard to believe you beat it in 20 tries but if you did, props to you. It took me several tries for a couple of days to finally beat that sucker on veteran.

The other part I got stuck on in veteran mode is the last part of "HEAT" where you call in those airstrikes. That was a bitch!

Do you have all the achievements for COD4?

Gerryatrics
02-24-2009, 05:16 AM
I don't remember how many tries it took me, but it was a lot. Heat kicked my ass, I spent hours trying to beat the last part. One time I finally made it to the LZ, got so excited I tried to board the helicopter not realizing you couldn't get in until the landing animation was done. Got popped from halfway across the map through smoke. I had to walk away from the game for a few minutes after that one.

LnGrrrR
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
WTF? I've heard that it's supposed to be super hard and people spend hours and hours trying to get it on Veteran.

I just finished it in about 20 or so tries. Do ya'll have it?

You might have gotten lucky. It tooks me 3 hours or so to do it. I was a man possessed.

LnGrrrR
02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't remember how many tries it took me, but it was a lot. Heat kicked my ass, I spent hours trying to beat the last part. One time I finally made it to the LZ, got so excited I tried to board the helicopter not realizing you couldn't get in until the landing animation was done. Got popped from halfway across the map through smoke. I had to walk away from the game for a few minutes after that one.

I hated the end of the game, going through those tunnels... the friendly AI is damn near useless, and it seemed like the second I popped my head up I'd get a bullet through it.

Creepn
02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
I hated the end of the game, going through those tunnels... the friendly AI is damn near useless, and it seemed like the second I popped my head up I'd get a bullet through it.

Yeah thats what I hated about the veteran mode. You so much expose a pinky finger, it will get shot off in an instant. Oh please.

jman3000
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I find it hard to believe you beat it in 20 tries but if you did, props to you. It took me several tries for a couple of days to finally beat that sucker on veteran.

The other part I got stuck on in veteran mode is the last part of "HEAT" where you call in those airstrikes. That was a bitch!

Do you have all the achievements for COD4?

I beat the game on veteran on sunday ... tried the epilogue a couple times... gave up... started again on monday... but this time i was playing on my friends huge 52" plasma and was able to do it in about 30 minutes.

"HEAT" was gay... I tried going through the road at the front of the farm but all the smoke in the world didnt seem to work... finally i just smoked the right flank where the 2 tanks were, threw some nades in the area of the fences and ran like hell.... i was surprised that no enemies spawned until i got to the downed chopper in the middle of town... good for me i guess.

click on my gamerscore thing on my signature. the only achievement i need is the 30 intel items. i think i have 4 more to go. i know for sure i missed 1 or 2 on the last stage because i only found 1 in the war room... and usually there is 2 or 3 per stage.

it says i dont have mile high club but that's because i did it whilst offline. next time i connect to live it should update.

BlackSwordsMan
02-24-2009, 12:52 PM
easy

jman3000
02-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I nearly shit bricks. Apparently when you get points after you've transfered your gamertag to another box and your not online... the achievement doesnt transfer. (after i transfered, his girlfriend wanted to check her myspace and plugged the cable into their laptop)

I had to get this all over last night and on the smaller tv it seemed to take longer. I got to the hostage pretty quick actually but i missed the fucking shot and nailed the hostage in the head... had to start over and was so frustrated i got reckless. i persevered and finally got it (again) after another 30 minutes or so.

balli
02-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'll probably never even try it again, but if I were to, I've always been torn about whether I'd shoot the captor in the head or not. I think as lame as it might be, I'd take the easy shot into the guy's leg first. I would flip if I missed a head shot and that ^ shit happened to me.

jman3000
02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I punched my friend in the leg i was so pissed. In regular mode, if you miss, you just go to the start of the hostage situation... but in fucking veteran you go to the start.

Creepn
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I'll probably never even try it again, but if I were to, I've always been torn about whether I'd shoot the captor in the head or not. I think as lame as it might be, I'd take the easy shot into the guy's leg first. I would flip if I missed a head shot and that ^ shit happened to me.

Shooting in the leg doesn't work. If you shoot the captor in the leg, it would say "Real veterans headshots" or something like that and it will start you all over.