PDA

View Full Version : sons Tyson Chandler is fired up: "It's Destiny, and That's Why I'm Back"

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 02:42 AM
t's Destiny, and That's Why I'm Back
by Tyson Chandler

I had been hearing trade rumors, but it was all about me going to Miami. I hadn't really heard anything else. But when I was in Cabo [over the All-Star Break] I saw that Jermaine O'Neal went to Miami. So I figured it was pretty much dead. I talked to my agent over the weekend and he told me that my name was still out there and he was getting all the info.

Coming out of the All-Star Break, we're playing against Oklahoma City and practicing there. After Monday's practice one of their reporters is like, "How would you feel about coming back to Oklahoma City, there's trade rumors involving you. People in the community loved you. They really want you back."

I responded: "I had a great time in Oklahoma City and my family really enjoyed the city. The city was nothing but nice to us. But I'm a Hornet and I enjoy playing for the Hornets and that's that."

So that was the interview. And then their equipment manager walked by me and was joking and I was like, "I'll see you in a couple days," and he started laughing and was like, "Yeah, that's the word around here."

But I was just joking. I honestly didn't think there was any way that I was going to Oklahoma City. It wasn't even a thought in my head. So I just went back to my room and finished the day.

TRADE DAY
The following day I went to shootaround as usual to rehab my ankle, trying to get back on the court.

After shootaround I came back to the hotel and I talked to my agent a couple times and right when I was about to take a nap he called again and said I was being traded to Oklahoma City.

So I'm sitting in the hotel room and all of a sudden I get a phone call from their general manager, and they said, "Since you're in town, if you want to, go get the physicals and everything and that way we can get it done."

So their GM came and picked me up, and he was all excited. I go do my physicals and then I fly back to New Orleans.

HORNETS IN MY BLOOD
I planned to pack my stuff in New Orleans and then go back to Oklahoma City the following day.

So I'm watching the game and it's funny because I'm still like cheering for the Hornets because, you know, I've still got Hornets in my blood. Those are still my guys.

I spent the night packing my stuff for Oklahoma City, watching the ending of the game and the highlights.

DON'T GET ON THE PLANE
The next day I was getting everything straight with my family and packing up stuff. The kids were going to go back to California with our parents and I was going to head out to Oklahoma City and start looking for a house for the following year. Until then I was going to be in a hotel.

On my way to the airport I get a call from my agent again and he says "Don't get on the plane." And I'm like "What?" He repeats, "Don't get on the plane. There's some problems with the trade, I don't know if it's going to go through."

So I go back home and he calls me back to say the deal is not going through. Meanwhile, I'm like "WHAT?"

Next thing you know, I'm getting calls from a couple of the Hornets people, and they're saying, "We're looking forward" and this and that.

All my teammates are calling me back and they're all hyped. I got a call from Chris and one from D-West. Everybody was excited, saying: "We're so glad to have you back." Everybody was upset about the trade and now I'm coming back and we're all hyped up. So I'm telling them: "It's meant to be. It wasn't meant for us to be broken up. Now let's make this championship run."

YA'LL COULDN'T GET RID OF ME
The next day was just comical. I walk into the locker room and say, "Ya'll couldn't get rid of me!"

And everybody starts busting up laughing. I did the skit from Training Day when Denzel Washington was like, "King Kong ain't got nothing on ME!" Everybody was laughing and having a good time.

With my teammates it's all love. They welcomed me back like a brother.

With management, it's always going to be a little funny because these guys just tried to trade me away and I got bounced back to them. I'm sure that will be pretty awkward.

But for me, it doesn't matter because I play for my teammates, myself my family and the fans. That's all that really matters to me and that's all that will ever matter.

It's funny more than anything else because of everything that has gone down. But I think this will be a spark for my teammates and for myself, because we have to get this done. We have to win a championship. We have people doubting, even people doubting us from the top.

So let's show them what we're made of.

http://www.tysonchandler.com/tyson-chandlers-blog/its-destiny-and-thats-why-im-back/2009/02/19

Rogue
02-24-2009, 06:01 AM
:( It's a tragic moment for more than the hornets and chandler... a team in NBA had to deal their talent for some finacial relief. It's a good news for hornets fans that chandler's deal was aborted, but it's definitely a bad news for hornets' cheapass owner, it's not his fault to be cheapass though.

those 08's free agents who got exaggerated contracts are undoubtedly the most lucky guys in this decade. Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, Baron Davis...

m33p0
02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
he's taking it well.

stxspurs
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
its a bum toe is why he is back

ElNono
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
They were saying last night in the Kings game that he failed the physical... I'm wondering what they found. I'm fairly sure it has to be more than a bum toe...

sribb43
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Chandler will play well for 5 games then re-injure himself and be out 2 weeks

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 10:07 AM
They were saying last night in the Kings game that he failed the physical... I'm wondering what they found. I'm fairly sure it has to be more than a bum toe...

it was because of his toe. apparently OKC thought that it would effect him longer than it did. little did they know he only missed about 4 more days and in his first game back scored 15 points and 10 rebounds.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Little did they know? You act like the OKC got the raw end of that trade not going down. Now the hornets have to pay luxury tax and over 20 mill in the next 2 years on a scrub center, limiting their opportunities to improve their scrub assemblage of talent.

okc will be a better bball team than NOLA in 2 years.

scanry
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Little did they know? You act like the OKC got the raw end of that trade not going down. Now the hornets have to pay luxury tax and over 20 mill in the next 2 years on a scrub center, limiting their opportunities to improve their scrub assemblage of talent.

You're just bitter because they handed your beloved soft ass Dallas team on a plate last year. BTW i hope NO & Dallas end up as the 4th and 5th seed.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
You're just bitter because they handed your beloved soft ass Dallas team on a plate last year. BTW i hope NO & Dallas end up as the 4th and 5th seed.

Dallas will not be the 5th seed. Let's be honest. They will be 7th or 8th.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:13 PM

All they have is Durant. Seriously. Westbrook is not a true PG. Your family is trash. Plus, Green is ok, but not that great. And they don't have any other pieces. The draft won't help them and no FA will want to play in OKC.

lefty
02-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Destiny ???? :lmao

What a douche

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
All they have is Durant. Seriously. Westbrook is not a true PG. Your family is trash. Plus, Green is ok, but not that great. And they don't have any other pieces. The draft won't help them and no FA will want to play in OKC.

And all the Hornets have is CP3 and a bunch of old jumpshooters, who will only continue to get older.

Last year took career years from West Peja and Chandler just to choke away a 2-0 lead in the WCF. They've all come back down to Earth this year and will continue to decline, whereas CP3 has neared his ceiling.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Okay mister Manu > Dirk.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2009, 03:12 PM
http://videodetective.com/photos/006/000264_11.jpg
Des-ti-NEE, des-ti-NEE!

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
And all the Hornets have is CP3 and a bunch of old jumpshooters, who will only continue to get older.

Last year took career years from West Peja and Chandler just to choke away a 2-0 lead in the WCF. They've all come back down to Earth this year and will continue to decline, whereas CP3 has neared his ceiling.

Ghazi son you stupid little cum guzzling bitch you .... Peja did not have a career year last season, not even close son. If ONLY Peja could put up numbers like he did in his Sacramento days .... not to mention West is on pace to have damn near the same numbers he had last year and Chandler will be close too whenever it is all said and done this season. son please get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

oh and by the way son, how is your broken middle finger doing? I heard about the accident whenever you were fingering your a$$ in the shower to pictures of Dirk and Kidd and you slipped and fell. ouch son. god bless

The Franchise
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Ghazi son you stupid little cum guzzling bitch you .... Peja did not have a career year last season, not even close son. If ONLY Peja could put up numbers like he did in his Sacramento days .... not to mention West is on pace to have damn near the same numbers he had last year and Chandler will be close too whenever it is all said and done this season. son please get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

oh and by the way son, how is your broken middle finger doing? I heard about the accident whenever you were fingering your @$$ in the shower to pictures of Dirk and Kidd and you slipped and fell. ouch son. god bless

I understand you have to defend your team but without Chris paul they would be in the lottery. He is just that good/important to you guys.

The Franchise
02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
http://videodetective.com/photos/006/000264_11.jpg
Des-ti-NEE, des-ti-NEE!

:lmao

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 04:17 PM

oh and by the way son, how is your broken middle finger doing? I heard about the accident whenever you were fingering your a$$ in the shower to pictures of Dirk and Kidd and you slipped and fell. ouch son. god bless

So what you're telling me is the Hornets were a fluke last year. Okay, gotcha.

Kobayagi
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I did the skit from Training Day when Denzel Washington was like, "King Kong ain't got nothing on ME!"

Way to go messing up the quote. :lol:downspin:

I bet he did the whole skit. :king

8C716C8V9bQ

sook
02-24-2009, 04:32 PM
BRHornet has to be the coolest guy on this forrum, way to show that wannabee/ Ghazi

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
BRHornet has to be the coolest guy on this forrum, way to show that wannabee/ Ghazi

Actually, he just twisted facts and didn't own anyone. Peja was 44% from behind arc last year, and is 38% this year. Chandler was actually an above average center last year, this year he's an 8/8 scrub. But BR Hornet tells us he's gonna revert back to last year's form in the final 27 games of the season. Uhhh, evidence? West has similar scoring margins although an inferior percentage, and he's grabbing 1 less rebound per game.

The funny thing is, Rasual BUtler is having a flukish career year at age 29, and the Hornets are still a meager 33-22 :lol. Without him having a career year, they'd be more like 31-24.

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Actually, he just twisted facts and didn't own anyone. Peja was 44% from behind arc last year, and is 38% this year. Chandler was actually an above average center last year, this year he's an 8/8 scrub. But BR Hornet tells us he's gonna revert back to last year's form in the final 27 games of the season. Uhhh, evidence? West has similar scoring margins although an inferior percentage, and he's grabbing 1 less rebound per game.

The funny thing is, Rasual BUtler is having a flukish career year at age 29, and the Hornets are still a meager 33-22 :lol. Without him having a career year, they'd be more like 31-24.

Ghazi son seriously go play in traffic. You claimed that Peja had a career year last season which is bullshit. Go look at his stats from many different years in Sacramento, and see how they compare to his 16 points per game average last season that you claim was his "career year". Of course his 3point percentage was up, but its funny how that is the only stat you used with him. go look at his FG%, PPG, rebounds, steals, assist, MPG, etc. from Sacramento and compare it to New Orleans and tell me how last year was his career year..... Also its funny how you fail to acknowledge the fact that Tyson has been playing hurt the entire season. Last night was the first game that he has been 100% healthy.

BRHornet45
02-24-2009, 05:21 PM

Oh and son its funny how much you throw the word "fluke" around, yet you are a Mavericks fan LOL .... it must suck to constantly get owned every year whenever you have one of the wealthiest (if not THE wealthiest) and flamboyant owners in the NBA. still sore from the recent beat downs the Hornets have put on your Mavs this season and last year in the playoffs? .... or are you still crying about Dwayne Wade owning you guys in the finals??? cry me a river you sissy cuckold little bitch you. GHAZI AKA CLASS A DOUCHE BAG. god bless