PDA

View Full Version : Manu's New Article(Translation Needed)

BigBigSpur
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
"La lesión podía transformarse en fractura si seguía jugando"
Por Manu Ginóbili
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1102689
» manuginobili.com

Acá estoy... Bien, esperando volver, otra vez usando muletas y entrenándome con una gamba sola. Pero les cuento un poco cómo sucedió todo esto. Hace más o menos un mes y medio empecé a sentir un pequeño dolor en el tobillo derecho. No era una molestia grande, así que me permitía jugar. Calentaba bien, me hacían algunos masajes y listo. Sin embargo, en las últimas dos semanas, antes de jugar con Toronto, los dolores empezaron a ser más fuertes. Los médicos no encontraron nada en los chequeos, pero ya en la semana del All Star Game el dolor se hizo insoportable. Me hicieron resonancia, placas y una tomografía que reveló que había una reacción por estrés en el peroné, ubicada unos tres o cuatro centímetros por encima del tobillo, sobre el maléolo. En el estudio se veía como un pelito. Una especie de fisurita. Una lesión que podía transformarse en una fractura si seguía jugando. Sin duda que todo fue tomado a tiempo.

Así que ahora estoy descansando bastante, con muletas por uno o dos días más y esperando que se selle el hueso. No me pusieron yeso, pero ya sumo 9 días con las muletas, sin apoyar el pie. ¡Qué se le va a hacer! Me tocó una temporadita complicada. Alguna vez me iba a tocar. Y aunque no me guste y me fastidie, no me puedo quejar. Me la banco. No es nada grave. Además, esta lesión no deja secuelas. Así que no me hago tanta mala sangre. Son cosas que pasan. Ya medio que me acostumbré a soportar unos días de inactividad. Lo lamentable es que ocurrió justo cuando estaba empezando a sentirme muy bien, entrando en ritmo. Es como que retrocedí varios casilleros y tengo que empezar de nuevo. En cuanto al tiempo de recuperación, no hay nada exacto, supongo que en dos o tres semanas podré volver. Creo que en unos días ya podré hacer bicicleta y después cinta.

Según me dijeron los médicos, esto pudo haber ocurrido por apoyar y caer tanto sobre la pierna derecha en mi intento de cuidar el tobillo izquierdo, operado en septiembre pasado. El problema es cómo voy a caer cuando vuelva... No sé, ¡de rodillas!

Ahora sigo los partidos por televisión. Un sufrimiento tremendo. Especialmente en los últimos, con New York, que terminó en suplementario, y el triunfo en Detroit, que se logró sobre el final. Es terrible lo que sufro. Es durísimo.

De paso aproveché para ver algo del debut del Chapu en Sacramento contra Dallas. Me resultó raro verlo a Chapu vestido de azul. Sin duda que no es la mejor situación para él porque fue a un equipo sin expectativas de entrar en los playoffs, pero esto se sabe que es así en la NBA y tenés que ser muy profesional. Es complicado, pero es así.

Respecto de los cambios de jugadores que, según trascendió, intentaron hacer los Spurs, y que según algunos rumores hasta me incluían a mí, no tengo idea. Pop (Gregg Popovich) no estuvo en San Antonio en esa época y no hablé nada con él. Yo dudo mucho de que haya sido verdad, pero nunca se sabe.

Que algo estuvieron tratando de hacer es seguro, pero no sé cuán cerca o cuán lejos estuvieron. Si no se concretan los pases, no se termina sabiendo nada finalmente porque se pueden herir susceptibilidades.

Así que aquí estoy, tranquilo y haciendo la recuperación. Aunque fue una temporada complicada, no puedo dejar de considerarme un afortunado. Estoy en un gran equipo, con muchas posibilidades, y otra vez subí a un podio olímpico. No es mala suerte ni una mala temporada. Son cosas que pasan, el hueso se sella y ya está. Es sólo un mal momento. Lo que más me molesta es empezar la puesta a punto otra vez.

urunobili
02-24-2009, 09:51 AM
i got it give me 30 minutes

hater
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
He thinks the injury will heal well and with no repercusions. He also says that he probably injured it because of overcompensation due to his recovering left ankle. He says he kept landing on his right foot. Now he does not know what foot he will land on. IMO he will come back very slowly :(

urunobili
02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
The injury could have become a fracture if I kept on playing on it.

By Manu

Translation: urunobili

Here I am… Fine, waiting to come back, again using crutches and training in just one leg. But let me tell you a little bit how all this happened. About a month and a half ago I started to feel a little pain in my right ankle. It wasn’t something that was bothering me a lot, so I could play on it. My warm ups were good, I had some massages on it and that was enough. Nevertheless, in the last couple of weeks, before playing with Toronto, the pain begun to get stronger. The doctors didn’t find anything on their investigations on it, but then during the All Star break the pain became unbearable. They did an MRI, X-Rays and a Scan that revealed that there was a stress reaction on the “perone”, just three four centimeters above the ankle, over the “maleolo”. The study revealed that there was like a little hair. Some sort of micro crack. An injury that could have become a fracture if I kept on playing on it. It was sure caught on time.

So now I am resting a lot, with crutches for just one or two more days and waiting for the bone to fully heal. They didn’t use a cast, but it has been 9 days already with the crutches without using the foot. What can you do! It has been a complicated season. One day it could have happened. And despite the fact that that I don’t like it and it pisses me off, I can’t complain. I can swallow it. It is nothing major. Even more, this type of injury doesn’t have any sequels to it. So I am not being too hard on myself because of it. This stuff just happens sometimes. I sort of got used to stand a couple of inactivity days. The sad thing is that happened when I was starting to feel really good, getting into a rhythm. It’s like I have gone back a couple of steps towards getting my air back and now I have to start again. About the recovery time, there is nothing exact, I suppose in two or three weeks I’ll be able to get back. I think in a couple of days I’ll be able to do some bicycle and then treadmill.

As per the doctors word, this could have happened due to stepping, landing and pressing harder on the right ankle because I was taking care of my left ankle that got surgery last September. Now the thing is how I will land from now on… I don’t know… with my knees maybe!

Now I watch the games on TV. I suffer a lot this way. Specially in the last couple of games against NYC that ended in OT, and the win against Detroit, that was made right at the end. It’s terrible how much I suffer. It’s really tough.

I also took the chance to see Nocioni’s debut in Sacramento against Dallas. It was weird to see him in blue. There is no doubt that this is not the best situation for him, because he went to a team without expectations of making it to the playoffs, but we all know the NBA business is like this and you have to be very professional. It’s complicated, but it’s this way.

About the player movement that, as it transcended the Spurs tried to do and that there were some rumors that I was included in a couple of them, I have no idea. Pop wasn’t in San Antonio during the time and I didn’t speak with him at all. I doubt that that was true, but you never know.

That something they tried to do is assured, but I don’t know how close they were to making it happen. If the trades don’t happen, you never tell who was involved and what the deal was because you can hurt some susceptibilities on the team.

So here I am, calm and doing the rehab. Despite the fact that it has been a complicated season, I can’t help but feel lucky. I am on a great team, with a lot of possibilities and again I made it to be top three at the Olympics. It is not bad luck neither a bad season. This stuff just happens, the bone heals and that’s it. It’s just a bad moment. What it bothers me the most is to begin the whole process to regain my athleticism yet again.

urunobili
02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
sorry urunobili... I believe your translation is always way better than google's. you don't need to do it word by word all by yourself, it's better to do it on the basement of google's work.

dude i don't care about you being an unappreciative poster.

google translations suck and are just garbage for the thread. please remove it.

tav1
02-24-2009, 10:23 AM

By Manu

Here I am… Fine, waiting to come back, again using crutches and training in just one leg. But let me tell you a little bit how all this happened. About a month and a half ago I started to feel a little pain in my right ankle. It wasn’t something that was bothering me a lot, so I could play on it. My warm ups were good, I had some massages on it and that was enough. Nevertheless, in the last couple of weeks, before playing with Toronto, the pain begun to get stronger. The doctors didn’t find anything on their investigations on it, but then during the All Star break the pain became unbearable. They did an MRI, X-Rays and a Scan that revealed that there was a stress reaction on the “perone”, just three four centimeters above the ankle, over the “maleolo”. The study revealed that there was like a little hair. Some sort of micro crack. An injury that could have become a fracture if I kept on playing on it. It was sure caught on time.

So now I am resting a lot, with crutches for just one or two more days and waiting for the bone to fully heal. They didn’t use a cast, but it has been 9 days already with the crutches without using the foot. What can you do! It has been a complicated season. One day it could have happened. And despite the fact that that I don’t like it and it pisses me off, I can’t complain. I can swallow it. It is nothing major. Even more, this type of injury doesn’t have any sequels to it. So I am not being too hard on myself because of it. This stuff just happens sometimes. I sort of got used to stand a couple of inactivity days. The sad thing is that happened when I was starting to feel really good, getting into a rhythm. It’s like I have gone back a couple of steps towards getting my air back and now I have to start again. About the recovery time, there is nothing exact, I suppose in two or three weeks I’ll be able to get back. I think in a couple of days I’ll be able to do some bicycle and then treadmill.

As per the doctors word, this could have happened due to stepping, landing and pressing harder on the right ankle because I was taking care of my left ankle that got surgery last September. Now the thing is how I will land from now on… I don’t know… with my knees maybe!

Now I watch the games on TV. I suffer a lot this way. Specially in the last couple of games against NYC that ended in OT, and the win against Detroit, that was made right at the end. It’s terrible how much I suffer. It’s really tough.

I also took the chance to see Nocioni’s debut in Sacramento against Dallas. It was weird to see him in blue. There is no doubt that this is not the best situation for him, because he went to a team without expectations of making it to the playoffs, but we all know the NBA business is like this and you have to be very professional. It’s complicated, but it’s this way.

About the player movement that, as it transcended the Spurs tried to do and that there were some rumors that I was included in a couple of them, I have no idea. Pop wasn’t in San Antonio during the time and I didn’t speak with him at all. I doubt that that was true, but you never know.

That something they tried to do is assured, but I don’t know how close they were to making it happen. If the trades don’t happen, you never tell who was involved and what the deal was because you can hurt some susceptibilities on the team.

So here I am, calm and doing the rehab. Despite the fact that it has been a complicated season, I can’t help but feel lucky. I am on a great team, with a lot of possibilities and again I made it to be top three at the Olympics. It is not bad luck neither a bad season. This stuff just happens, the bone heals and that’s it. It’s just a bad moment. What it bothers me the most is to begin the whole process to regain my athleticism yet again.

Thanks for taking the time. Always helpful.

phyzik
02-24-2009, 10:31 AM

By Manu

...And this is why we dont use google's fucktard translations.

GJ Urunobilli, thanks.

MoSpur
02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the translation. I read it in Spanish, but reading it in English is easier for me. He seems upbeat even though he's not playing. I have a feeling Manu is gonna go all out when he comes back.

porscha
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks urunobili as always.

Manu must be very frustrated now, just hope that he will be patient enough this time till it is 100%.
best wishes to manu as always.

spursfan09
02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Somebody tell Ginobili its not a good idea to land on his knees.

urunobili
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
For the ones interested in asking Manu some questions.. you can go here and post some (he always answers the questions in english too):

http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31747

m33p0
02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
thanks for the translation. :tu

not being able to play must be eating up Manu.

Spurs Brazil
02-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks urunobili!

I undestand english better than Spanish, even with Spanish with some words that are very close to Portuguese

LockBeard
02-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Manu needs a kangaroo tail transplant.

xtremesteven33
02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the translation. I read it in Spanish, but reading it in English is easier for me. He seems upbeat even though he's not playing. I have a feeling Manu is gonna go all out when he comes back.

Upbeat?

seems kinda down to me. Doesnt seem to optimistic about his recovery process. I wouldnt doubt if Pop starts to bench Manu for B2B games.

urunobili
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Upbeat?

seems kinda down to me. Doesnt seem to optimistic about his recovery process. I wouldnt doubt if Pop starts to bench Manu for B2B games.

I think he won't get much more than 10/15 minutes per game when he starts to play back again (and this time Pop may make it a full month if they said 3 weeks) unless it's an OT situation or a VERY close MUST win kind of game...

My take is... he will take it VERY slow.. to then explode when it matters... he'll be smart about when he needs to play careless... :wakeup

timaios
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Welcome to our world, Manu. Spurs fans, where suffering at the end of the games happens.
I wish you a soon recovery. :toast

MoSpur
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Upbeat because even though he is injured and being asked to rest for three to six weeks, he is looking forward to coming back and saying that the injury is not that big of a deal.

timvp
02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Nice find and thanks for the translation, U.

I think it's somewhat good news that it's not exactly his ankle. A couple inches above his ankle (which is what that one poster said and Manu confirmed) makes this more of just a bone injury than an ankle injury. That's better than any sort of ligament damage that would have Manu trying to run on two creaky wheels.

Still gotta be thankful that the ultimate diagnosis was a stress reaction rather than a stress fracture.

ElNono
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
The feeling I get from reading the piece is that he's just bummed. He put a lot of effort since the surgery to come back and start getting some rhythm to his game, and now he's basically back to square zero in that department.

TMTTRIO
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the translation, as always, urunobili. It's always nice to hear from Manu.

The feeling I get from reading the piece is that he's just bummed. He put a lot of effort since the surgery to come back and start getting some rhythm to his game, and now he's basically back to square zero in that department.

Agree. He was really starting to put some good games together and play really well and now he's back to step one with rehab and has to work his way back again.

He's probably been reading Spurstalk:wow;):lol

Spur|n|Austin
02-25-2009, 03:57 AM
A translated update (thx pjm) by Manu from his website.

http://argentina.manuginobili.com/

"Here I am… Feeling well, waiting to come back, using crutches and training on one leg. But I’ll tell you how everything happened. About a month and a half ago I started to feel a little pain in the right ankle. Nothing big, so I could still play through it. I did a good warm up, some massage and that was it. However, during the last two weeks, before playing Toronto, that pain started to grow. Doctors checked, but couldn’t find anything. Yet, during All Star week, pain started to become unbearable. They did some more studies that revealed a fibula stress reaction, one and a half inches over the ankle. You could see it as a little hair. An injury that could turn into a fracture if I kept playing.

So now I’m having a good amount of rest, with crutches for one or two more days and waiting for the bone to heal completely. They didn’t put me plaster, but I’ve already been 9 days in crutches, not putting any weight on my foot. What can I do! It’s been a rough season (injury-wise). Someday it was going to be me. And although I don’t like it and I’m kind of frustrated about it, I can’t complain. I’ll go through it, no big deal. Also, this injury has no sequels. So I don’t feel that bad about it. Those are things that can happen. I’m kind of getting used to some days of rest. The bad thing is that it happened just when I was starting to feel really good and getting in rhythm. It’s like I’ve gone some steps backwards and I have to start all over again. In regards to recovery time, there is nothing set in stone, I guess I will be able to come back in two or three weeks. I guess, in a few days, I will be able to do some bicycle and then start to run.

According to what doctors told me, this could have happened due to putting my weight and landing a lot on my right foot in an attempt on my behalf of protecting my left ankle, in which I had surgery last September. The problem now is how will I land when I come back…, I don’t know, on my knees!

Now I’m following games on TV. I’m suffering a lot. Specially in the last few, with New York, which went to overtime and in the win against Detroit, that was accomplished at the end. It is terrible how much I’m suffering. It’s really hard.

I also watched the debut of Chapu (for Nocioni) in Sacramento against Dallas. It was awkward to see Chapu in blue. No doubt that is not the best situation for him because he is in a team with no hope to get into the playoffs, but we know things are this way in the NBA and you have to be a true professional. It’s hard, but that’s the way it is.

About the trade rumors that, according to what was out in the press, Spurs tried to pull, and that some of those even included me, I have no idea. Pop (Gregg Popovich) wasn’t in San Antonio during that time and I haven’t spoken with him. I really doubt there has been any truth to that, but one never knows.

It’s a sure thing that they have been trying to pull something out, but I have no idea how close they have been. When a trade isn’t fulfilled, we end up knowing nothing about them to avoid hurting player’s feelings.

So here I am, calm and rehabbing. Although it has been a complicated season, I can’t help but feel fortunate. I’m in a great team with lots of possibilities, and I was again in an Olympic Podium. It’s not bad luck nor a bad season. Just things that happen, the bone heals and that’s it. Just a bad moment. The thing that bothers me the most is having to start getting into shape once again."

WalterBenitez
02-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Somebody tell Ginobili its not a good idea to land on his knees.

:lol