PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Show Interest in Robert Horry

SenorSpur
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57513/20090224/cavs_show_interest_in_robert_horry/

The Cavaliers are reportedly interested in signing free agent big man Robert Horry for the stretch run.

Horry, 38, hasn't played in the NBA this season. He's a 16-year veteran that would bring valuable championship experience to Cleveland's bench.

ploto
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I also heard they are interested in Rasho if he were actually to get bought out.

Duncan2177
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.ohio.com/sports/40188707.html

CLEVELAND: Last week's trading deadline wasn't the end of the line for possible roster moves for NBA teams and especially the Cavaliers.

There still could be a big man in the Cavs' future.

Mention has been made of the Oklahoma City Thunder's Joe Smith, who was traded to the Charlotte Bobcats until the deal was rescinded. Reports surfaced that Smith, a former Cavs player, would seek a buyout in time to be eligible for a spot on a playoff roster. He has since denied that to be true.

Within the Cavs organization, Smith was a popular player. The team didn't particularly want to trade him, but it had to give up somebody to get somebody, and who could quibble with bringing Mo Williams here in that deal?

Mikki Moore appears to be off the table with an offer from the Boston Celtics and several other teams, the Boston Globe reported.

A source close to that situation said Moore has received no interest from the Cavaliers.

With Smith saying he wants to stay put, where does that leave the Cavs? With an intriguing option, according to a league source: former San Antonio Spur Robert Horry.

Horry, 38, a free agent, hasn't played a game this season. He made his name coming off the bench for the Spurs the last five seasons. A 6-10 forward and center, Horry has 16 seasons in the NBA. His career average is 7 points per game.

In one respect, the Cavs' interest in Horry makes sense. San Antonio is the former home of Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown. If he's kept himself in shape, Horry could be a valuable insurance policy in the playoffs.

Wally won't quibble

With the Cavaliers finally getting healthy, swingman Wally Szczerbiak has found his playing time reduced. Even with that, he scored 15 points against the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Szczerbiak said he has little problem returning to the bench after starting several games in the absence of Delonte West, Tarence Kinsey and Sasha Pavlovic

''I think I help solidify our bench a little bit,'' he said. ''I can come in and know my role — make shots, guard different positions, create havoc for the other team with mismatches. I think it allows everyone to be comfortable where they are at.''

Szczerbiak is averaging 7.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game this year.

Injury update

Pavlovic shot a little with the team today. Brown stuck to a four- to six-week timetable for Pavlovic's return after he suffered a high ankle sprain Feb. 10 against the Los Angeles Lakers.

West said his wrist was a little stiff after Sunday's return to the lineup. No other issues were reported today.

Quick hit

Milwaukee Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva won't face NBA sanctions for his actions in Friday's game against the Cavs, a league spokesman said. Officials assessed Villanueva a flagrant foul-2 and ejected him after a play against Anderson Varejao that led to a neck-grabbing altercation with Cavs center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Reach George M. Thomas at [email protected]. Read the Cavs blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/.

duncan228
02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Here too:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117873

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3138301#post3138301

angel_luv
02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I also heard they are interested in Rasho if he were actually to get bought out.

I want Rasho to come to the Western Conference so I can see him play more than once a year.

I hope the Cavs do not take Rob. I don't want any play off contender other than the Spurs to have him.

Spurlady
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Cavs can have him. He was finished last year.

SenorSpur
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Cavs can have him. He was finished last year.

Thank you!

Whoever he signs with, I doubt that he will see any PT. Remember, the guy hasn't played all year. Very tough to get off the couch after several months and start playing in an NBA game.

urunobili
02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Thank you!

Whoever he signs with, I doubt that he will see any PT. Remember, the guy hasn't played all year. Very tough to get off the couch after several months and start playing in an NBA game.

I would never underestimate Big Shot Rob like that... NEVER :wakeup

SenorSpur
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I would never underestimate Big Shot Rob like that... NEVER :wakeup

Whatever. Doesn't change the fact that he was DONE last year. How much better would you expect him to be now after 9 months of inactivity?

phxspurfan
02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Lol, Duncan228 has an imitator! She must be flattered.

phxspurfan
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Donyell Marshall part deux