PDA

View Full Version : I just heard something disturbing.....

JudynTX
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
.....a toddler telling his mother F*** you! and then she laughs it off like "isn't that cute"? WTF??????????

:( I wonder where he learned that from?

Mixability
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
.....a toddler telling his mother F*** you! and then she laughs it off like "isn't that cute"? WTF??????????

Wouldn't happen back in the day when kids could get beat. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2009, 01:28 PM

lol i learnt that word when i was 5-6 yrs old, i still remember it back of my head...saying the word all the time in one day, didnt know what the fuck i was saying.....then i figured it out why they sayin it at the same time with middle finger gesture....lmao

BacktoBasics
02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
My 3 year old curses all the time. Its fucking hilarious.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Well since I wasn't there, I don't know what the "context" of the situation was so I take your word that it was innappropriate. But I just wanted to say that kids can really come up with some things that although innappropriate are pretty hilarious because of the situation, timing, tone, etc. Keeping a straight face at those moments has been one of the most difficult parts of my parenting career I think! :)

Mixability
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
My 3 year old curses all the time. Its fucking hilarious.

Hmmm, don't really find that surprising. :lol

JudynTX
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Well since I wasn't there, I don't know what the "context" of the situation was so I take your word that it was innappropriate. But I just wanted to say that kids can really come up with some things that although innappropriate are pretty hilarious because of the situation, timing, tone, etc. Keeping a straight face at those moments has been one of the most difficult parts of my parenting career I think! :)

From what I could see -

The toddler got upset when his mom took away a toy he was playing with (supposedly he threw it at her) and so he went on a temper tantrum. Then the F bombs came out.

jman3000
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
My friends 2 year old nephew says "fucking fagot" if you take something away from him.

he never gets disciplined so there's one explanation.

jman3000
02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
When I was growing up i thought "fart head" was a bad word.

I also had a shirt that said "No Bull... he's back"... pertaining to jordan's come back with the bulls... i never wore it to school because i thought that it was too close to a bad word.

RandomGuy
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Yup.

My wife and I have slipped a few times and had to tell our 5 year old exactly that the words were not polite and to not use them in public.

My wife, a native Texan, was joking to me about Oklahoma being a shit-hole one day, and of course, around the corner comes 5-year-old RG jr...
"what's a shit-hole?"

:lmao

The look on her face was priceless. Not that I haven't had to explain a choice word or two...

He seems to understand the difference and what words are polite or not. Part of every human's development is learning such social cues, so I chalk it up to learning a good lesson early.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 01:44 PM
From what I could see -

The toddler got upset when his mom took away a toy he was playing with (supposedly he threw it at her) and so he went on a temper tandrum. The the F bombs came out.

Sounds like a brat! There is a huge difference in a toddler saying "Shut the fucking door" and saying "Fuck you" to his mom; the second one isn't very funny in any situation. :nope

Bigzax
02-24-2009, 01:44 PM
was it one of tonylongoria's chics toddlers?

RandomGuy
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
My friends 2 year old nephew says "fucking fagot" if you take something away from him.

he never gets disciplined so there's one explanation.

There is the problem. Don't use the word and then not giving the context. Even a two-year-old can understand "that word isn't a polite one, and it is always good to use your good manners".

PM5K
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
A toddler would typically be a child between the ages of one and two. A toddler can curse all they want.

If he was older than that then it's a different story.

JudynTX
02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Sounds like a brat! There is a huge difference in a toddler saying "Shut the fucking door" and saying "Fuck you" to his mom; the second one isn't very funny in any situation. :nope

I was in shock! :wow

PM5K
02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Part of every human's development is learning such social cues, so I chalk it up to learning a good lesson early.

Absolutely, I've had to teach all three of my children what words they can and cannot say, including words that aren't bad but are rude such as fat, ugly, etc.

Children have to learn, they are bound to say a curse word, or say someone is fat (they need to learn tact).

On the other hand, I think by the age of five a child should know better than to say shit-hole, but I suppose if they'd never heard it before they wouldn't.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
When I was growing up i thought "fart head" was a bad word.

I also had a shirt that said "No Bull... he's back"... pertaining to jordan's come back with the bulls... i never wore it to school because i thought that it was too close to a bad word.

I raised my kids to think that "shut up" and "hate" were bad words because I think those are too rude for kids to say. Of course once they started school, they learned it was just one of my "things". :lol

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Oooooh! :tu

DesandDave
02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
KIDS NOWADAYS...LOL...http://cooleys.chattablogs.com/archives/mad%20face.jpg

RandomGuy
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I raised my kids to think that "shut up" and "hate" were bad words because I think those are too rude for kids to say.

As do Mrs. RG and myself.

Not a bad lesson to teach kids IMO.

BacktoBasics
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
BIG FUCKING DEAL. Most kids grow out of it and learn when its ok and not ok to use foul language. Sometime between the ages of 4 and 5 they have a solid grasp on it. Its just words. You people make way too big of a deal out of it.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
BIG FUCKING DEAL. Most kids grow out of it and learn when its ok and not ok to use foul language. Sometime between the ages of 4 and 5 they have a solid grasp on it. Its just words. You people make way too big of a deal out of it.

O don't get so excited dammit!! ;) My thing with the particular situation that PS described is that the context was of a tantrum---it's the tantrum that makes it bad and that would be what my focus was. I don't get real torqued about too many things, and words are not a biggy; it's the respect or lack there of that they are used with that gets me. My kids are old enough now they know what is appropriate where. They know that I'm not gonna freak out over "words", but they also know that if they use any word disrespectfully to an adult and it gets back to me, they will have me to answer to!

BacktoBasics
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
What two year old doesn't throw a tantrum?

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 02:31 PM

:lmao

smeagol
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Who told you those days are over?

DarkReign
02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Who told you those days are over?

You dont live in the US, so.....yeah, newsflash, if you dont want to lose your kids, those days are over.

DarkReign
02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Children swearing is more an indictment on their parents than anything else.

I drop my share of f-bombs in heated discussion or whatever, but IRL, I pride myself on keeping my vocabulary out of the gutter.

Profanity is linguistic laziness, more or less. Its real good at conveying pain or emotion, but unless you live one never-ending painful, emotional existence, constant use is a handicap, not a character trait.

just my opinion.

Dr. Gonzo
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
What two year old doesn't throw a tantrum?

That's when you pull of the chancla, if you are female, or pull off the belt, if you are male, and slap the fucking kid with it.

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 04:34 PM
That's when you pull of the chancla, if you are female, or pull off the belt, if you are male, and slap the fucking kid with it.

Or, an alternator belt if you're a mechanic.

Dr. Gonzo
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Actually anything within arms reach.

Kids need to get hit. Especially when showing such disrespect to their parents.

Hitler
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks to the tree huggers that got rid of the .............................

http://www.rddusa.com/images/products/Military-Belts/French%20leather%20belt.jpg

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Fuck all that, I'm still going to spank my kid.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 05:00 PM

Once I pissed my mom off when she was talking on the phone; it was a corded phone and if I had just been a bit faster I could have made it out of striking range!

mrsmaalox
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Fuck all that, I'm still going to spank my kid.

Hell it's an excellent attention getter; just the threat of it becomes effective as soon as you've followed thru one time.

BacktoBasics
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Once I pissed my mom off when she was talking on the phone; it was a corded phone and if I had just been a bit faster I could have made it out of striking range!With a cord like that it would have been funny if the phone came back and popped her in the head.

JudynTX
02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Once I pissed my mom off when she was talking on the phone; it was a corded phone and if I had just been a bit faster I could have made it out of striking range!

My mom had long fingernails, nuff said. :depressed

:lol

mouse
02-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I grew up in the 70s and I don't remember any of my friends dying or coming to school with bruises and cuts from getting a good belt they deserved. I do remember kids thinking twice when asked if they wanted to tag a wall or curse out a teacher, could it have been the belt they feared? What do kids fear today? Running out of power to their cell phones?

Not only do kids today need the belt, the parents could also use a good thrashing themselves.

Memo to the schools bring back the................................

http://images.oneofakindantiques.com/6063_yale_paddle_1.jpg

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Memo to the schools bring back the................................

http://images.oneofakindantiques.com/6063_yale_paddle_1.jpg

Dude, I got hit by one of those on two occasions in grade school.

That fucking hurt like a mother fucker.

The bitch of it was that my mom told the principal to put the speaker phone so she could hear it. And, after I got whacked, my mom said, "Mr. Kennison, could you please tell my son that there will be more of that when he sees his father later on today."

My dad spanked me 10 times when he got home from work. The fucker made me count each time saying that if I missed a number we'd start all over again.

I had a limp for three days.

Summers
02-24-2009, 05:21 PM

Here's my take on this... When our oldest was 2 we used to watch a couple kids for some friends of ours and they were mean as fuck. They used to knock our kid over and scream if you tried to discipline them and they were terrified of everyone who came to my door (and a lot of people come to my door because I work from home). One day their mom casually mentioned to me one of the kids said "fuck you" to her so she beat him. Is it a coincidence that her kids are monsters because she "teaches" them not to curse by physically injuring them? I think not. Our kids have potty mouths, but they're not bad kids.

tonylongoriafan
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM

could have been :lol but probably not

Alex Jones
02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Dude, I got hit by one of those on two occasions in grade school.

That fucking hurt like a mother fucker.

The bitch of it was that my mom told the principal to put the speaker phone so she could hear it. And, after I got whacked, my mom said, "Mr. Kennison, could you please tell my son that there will be more of that when he sees his father later on today."

My dad spanked me 10 times when he got home from work. The fucker made me count each time saying that if I missed a number we'd start all over again.

I had a limp for three days.

I bet you thought twice about fucking up again.

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I bet you thought twice about fucking up again.

I got that treatment for running away from school.

I didn't do that again until high school.

SpursWoman
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
About a 1/2 of a dime-sized drop of Soft Soap swiped across the tongue worked really well with my children, and I only ever had to do it one time each. I've never had a problem with them and foul language. And I'm the worst potty mouth of all time, so that's saying a lot. :lol

Now that they are 12 & 13, however ... I overhear all kinds of potty mouth. I tend to ignore it for the most part because they usually don't know I've heard, but they both are very much aware that if I ever hear them talking like white trash in public or it's relayed back to me that they have, I've got a 1/2 gallon size Soft Soap refill and I'm not afraid to use it. :makemyday

Funny story ... I went upstairs to my daughter's room looking for a pencil, and I overheard her on the phone with a friend dropping all kinds of F-bombs and I didn't even say a word ... she ran downstairs and got a big shot of soap all on her own. OMG, you have no idea how hard it was not to die laughing ... I was just going to pretend I never even heard it. :lol

pkbpkb81
02-24-2009, 08:18 PM
My kids have picked up on a lot of bad words during spurs,cowboys,ansooner games and they know not to use the words becuse there bad.

ploto
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
While I do not condone cussing like from small kids, I also learned long ago not to judge parents by one observation of them either. Heaven only knows what your own kids might do someday!

2Blonde
02-24-2009, 11:09 PM

I disagree. It happened then as well. The only difference in that "back in the day" as you put it, the parents would beat them in the store. In this day and age, parents try to laugh it off and not make a big deal of it in public but when they get home... all bets are off. One way or the other, I guarantee you that kid is getting in trouble.:lol

Taco
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM

That kid must be hanging out in the Troll Forum:bking

JudynTX
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Heaven only knows what your own kids might do someday!

I'm not planning on having kids, so I don't need to worry about that.

ploto
02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not planning on having kids, so I don't need to worry about that.

That makes your being judgmental of them even worse.