PDA

View Full Version : Augies Barbed Wire Smokehouse

02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Anyone going tonight for the KISS Fat Tuesday Party? Im almost 100% sure there gonna be showing the game on the Big Screen Outside.

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I went to grade school with Augie.....he's a good guy..

peewee's lovechild
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Where's this at and is the Barbeque any good?

02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Its in the parking lott of Sunken Garden Amptheatre, The brisket is Good, Sausage Alright never had there Ribs. Its not Lockhart, hell its not even Woodys In San Marcos but its alright if I wanna take a drive down 281 and its fun as hell for The last couple movie nights that they have been doing.

Silverheart80
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Checked out this place for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Totally felt like my wife and I had discovered a hidden gem here in SA. The place has been around since 2001 or '02, so we were just late on the train, but then again, it's not like I'd heard a lot of hype about it in the interim.

Favorite there was the jalapeno sausage. Mild hotness, but super-tasty. My wife tends toward vegetarianism, and even she ordered a plate of it and loved it. And for the sides, we both would recommend their pinto beans. Awesome. We're definitely heading back in the next week or so.