PDA

View Full Version : YOUR CoD Custom Classes/Strategies

z0sa
02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone who owns a next generation console and has any interest in FPS has probably played Cod 4 or WaW (this thread can also exist for upcoming CoD games, if applicable). I'm under the impression most serious (FPS) gamers own one of these two games and have played it religiously for at least a short period of time. So here's the deal: What are your CoD classes set to, and what strategies do you employ with them? Some examples help.

Since I've got WaW all in my brain...

Assault Class:
Main - FG42 w/ Telescopic scope
2ndary - PPsH w/ drum
Perks - Bazooka, Overkill, Extreme Conditioning
Grenade: Sticky

This is probably my favorite class set of any CoD. The FG42 can handle anything but extreme range, and if you're attacking or defending a close quarters area, the PPsH is probably the most powerful/accurate SMG in the game. This essentially means the class is perfect for any level or game mode IMO. The key is how good you are at identifying the right gun for the right situation: generally FG42, but there's nothing like busting out the PPsH and its 70 round drum when enemies run up on you or that short FG clip is gone. Additionally, the bazooka/sticky officially make you a tank killer. A couple of respawns with this set will end any tank's day by yourself.

An example: on Dome, you can hold the top house relatively easy depending on how much your team stems the tide by using the FG42 for everything except raiders trying to come up the stairs/ladder/beam. By just rotating around the house you'll get tons of free kills and when they start making a more concerted effort to root you out, you introduce them to your other weapon if they get close enough. Since you've got 70 rounds per drum in the PPsH, you can kill 2-3 enemies and switch back to the FG before eventually finding enough cover to reload the SMG.

TwAnKiEs
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Matrydom on Hardcore

balli
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Silenced p90/mp5 for wetwork and vacant. (p90 deathmatch, mp5 ffa)

g3 on Bog

On other than those maps I just about always snipe with the R700 or m4a03.

Edit: I'll use the G3/m14 sometimes in hardcore. Usually snipe.

I used to use all sorts of classes, but once I got the golden AK and Druganov, I pretty much scaled my arsenal back to the two smg's and two rifles. Only rather recently started using the p90 heavily; was always an mp5 man, but I got sick of dying during reloads.

I guess I'll use the m4 and g3 a bit on Countdown and Showdown. I hate those maps.

resistanze
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
M16/Deagle on everything.

z0sa
02-25-2009, 12:12 AM
At level 30 on Cod 4 -

G3 w/ g launcher
stopping power
extreme conditioning

Good all around package. The grenade launcher has a psychological effect after you get multiple frags with it and people start keeping their distance - which is exactly what you want. On broadcast and a couple others I had a great game with this set.

BTW, some of you need to learn that variety is the spice of life :wakeup

balli
02-25-2009, 12:20 AM
The grenade launcher has a psychological effect after you get multiple frags with it and people start keeping their distance - which is exactly what you want.
You really shouldn't brag about being a noob-tuber.

BTW, some of you need to learn that variety is the spice of life :wakeup
Dude I've never prestiged, but if I did, I'd be gold cross several times over. I've used every gun there is in CoD 4 for hours and hours and hours. My guess is that a lot of posters are the same. If we want to use just a few guns these days, that's our prerogative. I wouldn't even feel bad using the m16 anymore, which I don't use, but if I did on every single map like resistanze does, I've 100% earned that right. :wakeup

z0sa
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
You really shouldn't brag about being a noob-tuber.

Nub-tube? That's an automatic shotgun, not a grenade launcher that takes away a perk and can only be used twice per respawn.

Dude I've never prestiged, but if I did, I'd be gold cross several times over. I've used every gun there is in CoD 4 for hours and hours and hours. My guess is that a lot of posters are the same. If we want to use just a few guns these days, that's our prerogative. I wouldn't even feel bad using the m16 anymore, which I don't use, but if I did on every single map like resistanze does, I've 100% earned that right. :wakeup

:sleep first, why don't you suck yourself off some more? The name of the thread is your classes and strategies. I couldn't give a shit less how many times you've used the guns in said classes or for how many hours. The same about prestige.

second, if all you use is m16/de and thats it, no strategies you employ with it, no mention of nades or perks, great, just I dont know why you're posting it here, and since you did, its more than likely you're going to be singled out for a seemingly sarcastic post.

balli
02-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Nub-tube? That's an automatic shotgun, not a grenade launcher that takes away a perk and can only be used twice per respawn.
:lol Your arms are too short to box. I suggest you play more CoD.

:sleep first, why don't you suck yourself off some more? The name of the thread is your classes and strategies. I couldn't give a shit less how many times you've used the guns in said classes or for how many hours. The same about prestige.
Dude, don't get pissed and call people out for the lack of variety in their classes... and then get equally pissed when in response somebody points out how many guns they've used. WTF is your problem?

second, if all you use is m16/de and thats it, no strategies you employ with it, no mention of nades or perks, great, just I dont know why you're posting it here, and since you did, its more than likely you're going to be singled out for a seemingly sarcastic post.
Sorry ace, not everybody has the time to write out a doctoral thesis on CoD for you. Especially since this fucking thread's been done two or three times already.

And I know it's just CoD, so I'm not going to start an all out war (that's for the politics forum), but I have to say, you've been an epic db in this thread of yours, z0sa.

TwAnKiEs
02-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I usually run with 3 types of classes (the setup really doesnt matter to me cause I change them multiple times a night):

Class 1 - Sniper
- sniper rifle
- bettys\clamore
- over kill
- another long range rifle (not sniper) with a long scope ( prefer reddot\ap sight)

Class 2 - machine
- LMG
- grenade x2\3
- gas\ flash
- slight of hand
- ext condit

Anti - tank class \chopper
- Lmg
- bazooka\satchel
- sticky grenade
- sonic boom\fireworks
- smoke (for sneak purposes)
- ext condit

the rest of the classes are whatever i feel like puttin together :hat

z0sa
02-25-2009, 12:03 PM
:lol Your arms are too short to box. I suggest you play more CoD.

You're the one calling people nubs fool.

Dude, don't get pissed and call people out for the lack of variety in their classes... and then get equally pissed when in response somebody points out how many guns they've used. WTF is your problem?

Sorry ace, not everybody has the time to write out a doctoral thesis on CoD for you. Especially since this fucking thread's been done two or three times already.

And I know it's just CoD, so I'm not going to start an all out war (that's for the politics forum), but I have to say, you've been an epic db in this thread of yours, z0sa.

I'm not a douchebag, you're just sensitive and get butthurt easily. I put one comment about variety that was sarcastic in nature (clearly I wasnt talking to you) and you take it all personal and talk about the right to only use one gun and all the times you couldve prestiged etc etc.

balli
02-25-2009, 12:09 PM
You're the one calling people nubs fool.
That's what the grenade launcher is called by just about every person who's ever played CoD for any significant amount of time- the noob-tube. And if you take it personal, ts, using the noob-tube is five shades gayer than any of the other cheap bullshit you can pull in CoD. And while it's entirely your right to use it, I wouldn't be so surprised that people look down on you for doing so.

TwAnKiEs
02-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I usually call people who get mad at (noob-tubers) people that cant counter it very well.... its part of the game.... it does get annoying sometimes but you have to be more careful so you dont get OwNeD, lol :toast

resistanze
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
:lmao

Why so emotional? All i use now is the M16. I've played COD4 for over a year. Since I'm so busy now I only play for quick fixes and I don't bother switching guns. What do you want me to say? Perks? Stopping Power and Deep Impact. Nothing sarcastic about my initial post.

Strategies? I sprint around killing people. I do it well. I lost my playbook when I went to Hawaii last summer [SARCASM]. You criticized my lack of variety, so why are you saying you don't care when ballijuana mentions he's played with every gun in the past? Would you care if I told you that I used to play with every gun at point too?

And if you're a type of person that lobs nades from your G3 around corners with no real intended targets, then yes, it's kinda noobish.

TwAnKiEs
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM

Strategies? I sprint around killing people.

I had to lol @ that :lol

And if you're a type of person that lobs nades from your G3 around corners with no real intended targets, then yes, it's kinda noobish

sorry 'bout that :p:

resistanze
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
sorry 'bout that :p:

Hey, I don't even care if you run around like shotties and Juggernaut! It's all part of the game.

z0sa
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Why so emotional?

Ask Ballijuana, he's the one butthurt somebody mentioned a glauncher.

All i use now is the M16. I've played COD4 for over a year. Since I'm so busy now I only play for quick fixes and I don't bother switching guns. What do you want me to say? Perks? Stopping Power and Deep Impact. Nothing sarcastic about my initial post.

Strategies? I sprint around killing people. I do it well. I lost my playbook when I went to Hawaii last summer [SARCASM]. You criticized my lack of variety, so why are you saying you don't care when ballijuana mentions he's played with every gun in the past? Would you care if I told you that I used to play with every gun at point too?

I criticized your lack of information in the post, not the information itself. Whatever class you use is your choice, thats the entire idea of this discussion. Now, how many times you've used a gun or if you're maxed out in prestige mode, this means nothing to me or anyone else and its not very difficult to understand why. Again, I was being sarcastic even if you weren't because I don't care if you just use m16/de, plain and simple. What I do care about - adding something to the discussion - you just did.

I have my own thoughts on m16 whores like yourself :p:. Do you ever use double tap? What is your method on say Vacant? I hated the m16 from day 1, preferring an automatic like the ak47 as soon as possible.

And if you're a type of person that lobs nades from your G3 around corners with no real intended targets, then yes, it's kinda noobish.

I never blind lob anything, its a waste generally. But I do do calculated lobs around corners :toast its how I did so well on broadcast. People keep their distance and you fill them with bullets since you have a superior long distance weapon.

z0sa
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
That's what the grenade launcher is called by just about every person who's ever played CoD for any significant amount of time- the noob-tube. And if you take it personal, ts, using the noob-tube is five shades gayer than any of the other cheap bullshit you can pull in CoD. And while it's entirely your right to use it, I wouldn't be so surprised that people look down on you for doing so.

LOL @ taking something in a game personal. You're hating the players instead of the game man.

Hey, I don't even care if you run around like shotties and Juggernaut! It's all part of the game.

That's the spirit.

dirk4mvp
02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I quite enjoy the hilarity and bitchiness of faggots that start crying about someone using the 'noob-tube' after the match is over.

jman3000
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know the maps well enough to have a general strategy. I just follow people around, check the map for red dots, and hope i get kills.

z0sa
02-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't know the maps well enough to have a general strategy. I just follow people around, check the map for red dots, and hope i get kills.

Cod 4 or WaW?

jman3000
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
CoD4 ... I haven't beaten the campaign in WaW and won't try the MP until I do.

z0sa
02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
CoD4 ... I haven't beaten the campaign in WaW and won't try the MP until I do.

I usually do MP first - in fact, have not beat either game =) multiplayer is where all the fun is at for me.

A couple tips:

1) you already said you watch for red dots - besides your class set this is the most important tool you have (radar). Using radar will get you the majority of your easy kills and always affects my current course of action - ie attacking a certain house as opposed to taking a different route around it.

2) mix it up. You'd be surprised how effectively mobile a sniper class with extreme conditioning is instead of deep impact/iron lungs, for example.

3) watch your back even if there's a teammate nearby. people online are inherently bad/lacking peripheral vision.

for certain maps, I employ certain general strategies.

Countdown: I generally move the OPPOSITE way of the majority of my team when circling the map. There's plenty of escape routes if you feel you're getting overwhelmed. If you can reach the enemy's side of the circle unnoticed, you are almost always guaranteed a couple easy ones. A good sniper set will do you best, but an ak47 works just as well. I tend to shy away from SMGs on this map unless my team sucks and we're getting murdered close up OR the other team sucks, and you're getting to their buildings/side of the map unopposed.

more to come, i need to go home and actually play some now :wakeup

z0sa
02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
btw, sorry for misunderstanding your intentions, Ballijuana. I thought you were just being boastful and calling me a nub, my bad. Though I do still stand for variety being the spice of life :hat

balli
02-25-2009, 04:06 PM
It's all good, I was being pretty snide about it myself, so no offense taken or meant. :toast

resistanze
02-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I have my own thoughts on m16 whores like yourself :p:. Do you ever use double tap? What is your method on say Vacant? I hated the m16 from day 1, preferring an automatic like the ak47 as soon as possible.

Double Tap? Hell no. Maybe on the ak74 for fun.

I like M16 even in close quarter combat maps like Vacant -- it adds to the challenge for me. Trains you for fact reactions, since you gotta fire first when you encounter an enemy. Just gotta make sure your burst hit them first, since one burst does the trick. I didn't even use M16 until 6 months ago, maybe from to bad experiences from beginning the game with it. But add a red dot sight and some perks and you're unstoppable, if you use it right.

I never blind lob anything, its a waste generally. But I do do calculated lobs around corners :toast its how I did so well on broadcast. People keep their distance and you fill them with bullets since you have a superior long distance weapon.
Well then I'm not referring to you then. But there are people who don't even bother firing bullets. :lol

They just lob a grenade from their gun; if they miss, they hide around the corner until they're ready to lab another one.

Cry Havoc
02-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I like M16 even in close quarter combat maps like Vacant -- it adds to the challenge for me. Trains you for fact reactions, since you gotta fire first when you encounter an enemy. Just gotta make sure your burst hit them first, since one burst does the trick. I didn't even use M16 until 6 months ago, maybe from to bad experiences from beginning the game with it. But add a red dot sight and some perks and you're unstoppable, if you use it right.

Dude, the M16 with double-tap can be very effective. Sure, you might get the first kill if you get a shot off first, but what about if you're engaging two targets? Or another guy steps around the corner just when your let fly with the third bullet? The M16 is great for most maps, but in close quarters you are limited to the amount of enemies you can reliably engage at one time. It also depends on the number of people on a server, but in a tight map you won't survive long with 12 people to a team unless you purposely play one side of the map and put distance between yourself and your enemy.

I mostly play on hardcore TDM servers.

My setups:

Slot 1
M16
Deagle
P1: Fragsx3/RPG/Claymore
P2: UAV/double tap
P3: Deep impact

This is my default setup. The m16 can handle anything medium short range and out with devastating accuracy. I love the comfort of having a jammer, as it makes enemies step out in front of me often when they feel they are safely under the watch of radar. I typically use frags, but I will switch to RPGs if the enemy is continually getting choppers. Claymores are fun if I feel like bunking down from a solid position and giving my teammates long range support.

Slot 2
P90
Deagle
P1: Bandolier/Fragsx3
P2: Sleight of Hand
P3: Steady aim/Extreme Conditioning

This is a tough class to use consistently, because the flow of battle can change so much. Obviously for tight quarters like wetwork, vacant, and I'll even switch it up a bit. Crossfire is a great map to sneak around behind the sniper lines and wreak havoc with an SMG. If the enemy is camping a lot, I'll switch to Fragsx3. The amount of players will usually determine if I use extreme conditioning or steady aim, as a lot of enemies means that I don't need to run as much any longer. I'm moving enough on this setup that I don't need a UAV jammer.

M4
Deagle
P1: Fragsx3
P2: UAV
P3: Deep impact/Dead Silence if I'm feeling sneaky

The M4 is a fantastic all-around weapon, especially in hardcore mode. If you're careful, you're pretty nearly unstoppable, as you have great range, respectable close-up firepower, and almost no recoil. If I'm on a team that's getting rushed and wiped, I'll switch to the M4 so I can handle multiple baddies at the same time. If I don't feel like using the P90 or I'm on a map like bog or crossfire that needs close up and distance firepower, I'll say the M4 is actually superior to the M16. With patience, the M4 is scary good, and it almost feels like cheating at times.

I love sniping, but I'm admittedly just not nearly as effective as I am with an assault weapon/SMG.

jman3000
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
please add my gamer tag is you're on the 360... i'd play CoD more often if I knew people that actually played regularly.

Jman4421

ATRAIN
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Hey J which COD are we talking about here? I have COD4 and WOW so hit me up when you wanna play.

AZLouis
02-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Gewehr - Flash Hider
Sticky grenade - Smoke
Satchel Charges
Camo
Deadly Silence

balli
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
One of my favorite spots to snipe from

4C0xUdngj-g

Trainwreck2100
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
thats why i use the uav jammer, nothings more fun than sneaking up on a sniper

Trainwreck2100
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
double post

Sec24Row7
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I have a bunch of setups....

WaW is all I have been playing recently...

(Harcore Team Deathmatch)

Garand with Sniper scope
Betty's
Cammoflage
Smoke Grenade
Second Chance
Ordinance Training

Tank Killer
Satchell X2
Mp40/STG44 (depends on where I am in prestige)
Higher Explosive Damage
Sprint
Sticky bomb
Ordinance Training

Regular Run around
STG44 w/sight
Betty's
Cammoflage
Second Chance
Ordinance training
Smoke grenade

z0sa
02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
please add my gamer tag is you're on the 360... i'd play CoD more often if I knew people that actually played regularly.

Jman4421

<---- gamertag (z0sa)

hit me up anytime i'm on, even if i'm not playing it i've usually got some thirst for CoD that needs satiation. That is, unless I'm stuck in Oblivion again for an hour ..

z0sa
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a bunch of setups....

WaW is all I have been playing recently...

(Harcore Team Deathmatch)

Garand with Sniper scope
Betty's
Cammoflage
Smoke Grenade
Second Chance
Ordinance Training

This is a real good set for holding any house. The M1 with sniper scope is IMO the most underrated weapon of the game. Lethal power, long range, good rate of fire. I also noticed all of these classes have ordnance training as your vehicle perk - right on! I usually only select ordnance training because its really the most important aspect of any tank - how fast you can reload, especially when fighting other tanks.

Tank Killer
Satchell X2
Mp40/STG44 (depends on where I am in prestige)
Higher Explosive Damage
Sprint
Sticky bomb
Ordinance Training

The satchel charge is another underrated perk. I've seen one satchel charge destroy a barely hurt tank. Satchel charges/xtreme conditioning is the best way to control the vehicles without actually being in them. I don't think Ive ever seen a tank survive two well placed satchel charges AND a sticky.

Regular Run around
STG44 w/sight
Betty's
Cammoflage
Second Chance
Ordinance training
Smoke grenade

I'm confused - you use bettys on your assault-style class? Do you generally hold one position on the map or are you constantly trying to lure enemies into a betty trap?

TwAnKiEs
02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
The satchel charge is another underrated perk. I've seen one satchel charge destroy a barely hurt tank. Satchel charges/xtreme conditioning is the best way to control the vehicles without actually being in them. I don't think Ive ever seen a tank survive two well placed satchel charges AND a sticky.

I have ...:bang AND I have fireworks on

Sec24Row7
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah... I use betty's on assault style... because once you figure out where people are you can throw up a position and have them beat themselves to death getting into it... or past it... I find the amount of deaths I save say having bomb squad isn't as good as the amount of kills I get with random bettys at bottlenecks (plus i know if one goes off what direction they are)

Hardcore typically is a lot more tip-toe tactically than regular.

Creepn
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Jman, I added you.

CreepnKilla is my gamertag.

resistanze
02-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Dude, the M16 with double-tap can be very effective. Sure, you might get the first kill if you get a shot off first, but what about if you're engaging two targets? Or another guy steps around the corner just when your let fly with the third bullet? The M16 is great for most maps, but in close quarters you are limited to the amount of enemies you can reliably engage at one time. It also depends on the number of people on a server, but in a tight map you won't survive long with 12 people to a team unless you purposely play one side of the map and put distance between yourself and your enemy.

In most cases you can take on multiple people, at least I find. It's not like the bursts have a super long delay, and on maps like Vacant I try to minimize time I'm exposed in the open. It's really easy to pop out, burst, pop out, burst in no time and take down 2-3 guys. I see what you're saying about 12 v 12 though in a CQC map though, I usually play ground war (9 v 9). There's a clear advantage of playing M16 at Bog or Countdown as opposed to Vacant of Wetwork.

Cry Havoc
02-28-2009, 01:44 AM
In most cases you can take on multiple people, at least I find. It's not like the bursts have a super long delay, and on maps like Vacant I try to minimize time I'm exposed in the open. It's really easy to pop out, burst, pop out, burst in no time and take down 2-3 guys. I see what you're saying about 12 v 12 though in a CQC map though, I usually play ground war (9 v 9). There's a clear advantage of playing M16 at Bog or Countdown as opposed to Vacant of Wetwork.

What if you have two guys pop out at the same time? Even with a skilled burst, if they are more than ~5 feet apart you aren't going to be able to take both of them. I understand that from cover you'd be okay, but if you're getting shot at by skilled players, one of them is going to take you unless you have perfect position on them.

But yeah, 9 vs 9 is good. I actually prefer anywhere from 6 on 6 to 9 vs 9. Less than that and some maps are boring. More than that and it's just a clustercrunch of people. I do prefer the M16 because it is so lethal and accurate, and the recoil reducing burst is just icing on the cake. But the M4 is a solid weapon as well, especially if you've got a lot of up close dirty work to do. I think the M4 shows it's worth on a map like Broadcast where there is a huge mix of distance and close up shooting, although I've been really impressed at how the P90 handles once you get used to it. The P90 with sleight of hand and bandolier is a terror. You can shoot all day long without really having any exposed moments.

z0sa
03-02-2009, 01:48 PM
What if you have two guys pop out at the same time? Even with a skilled burst, if they are more than ~5 feet apart you aren't going to be able to take both of them. I understand that from cover you'd be okay, but if you're getting shot at by skilled players, one of them is going to take you unless you have perfect position on them.

This is pretty much my thoughts. M16, while obvious a good weapon in the adept player's hands, is IMO made for the newer players who hold down right trigger every time they see an enemy then hit nothing. I'm not saying the weapon itself makes a judgment on its user, just what I think the gun's semi automatic bursts were made for. In cqc with an m16, I can definitely see a good player murdering people but it is not the best gun to use. Here's a better example: I see it more like since you only use m16 with no relation to the map, I could find a set of weapons on any given map that will be equal or better and not include the m16.

But yeah, 9 vs 9 is good. I actually prefer anywhere from 6 on 6 to 9 vs 9. Less than that and some maps are boring. More than that and it's just a clustercrunch of people.

I disagree. CoD is a small scale FPS best played 5v5 or 4v4. 5v5 is the best, as it leaves plenty of room to move on any map while allowing a sufficient amount of combatants.

I do prefer the M16 because it is so lethal and accurate, and the recoil reducing burst is just icing on the cake. But the M4 is a solid weapon as well, especially if you've got a lot of up close dirty work to do. I think the M4 shows it's worth on a map like Broadcast where there is a huge mix of distance and close up shooting

M4 > m16, and I have always believed this. Besides the burstfiring which is a weakness no automatic possesses, the m4 is just as accurate, moreso IMO because you can do 5-6 round bursts with very good accuracy while the m16 forces you into only 3. the M16 is more like a sniper rifle in fact, going off of how precise compared to how accurate you are.

although I've been really impressed at how the P90 handles once you get used to it. The P90 with sleight of hand and bandolier is a terror. You can shoot all day long without really having any exposed moments.

True but I still prefer an ak74u

z0sa
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Being "in the open" is not the problem with having a burst firing semiautomatic primary weapon. Being in the open on a close quarters map is your best bet with an m16. On a map like vacant, you're going to get murdered commonly when the enemies are skilled enough to use different maneuvers when attacking and defending. The m16 just isn't versatile enough for close range combat IMO, which is why I asked about doubletap.

balli
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
IDK, I always use steady aim with the m16, which makes it a fucking beast at close range. I've literally never used that gun without it.

I prefer to use (and do use) smg's in close quarters, but I bet I'd be able to tear it up with an m16 were that my wont. Especially in free-for-all (which I play a lot of), where you're more likely to be taking on only one enemy at a time.

At the same time, I do, as z0sa suggested, tend to treat the m16 like a sniper rifle. It's the only gun I use the acog with and I more or less keep steady aim on it as a defense tactic/last resort, rather than as an offensive strategy. Still, if I wanted to use it as an offensive, close quarters weapon, I bet I'd be pretty damn successful.

Sec24Row7
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't really play 4 anymore...

I saw a guy get 50 kills in a Hardcore 10 minute 750 point Xbox 360 team deathmatch the other day...

I want to be that guy... (but not in RL) heh

balli
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
50 goddamn kills in hardcore? That's hardcore.

Sec24Row7
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
They removed all the tanks in hardcore today on Xbox... not sure why... its fucking stupid...

Cry Havoc
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't really play 4 anymore...

I saw a guy get 50 kills in a 10 minute 750 point Xbox 360 team match the other day...

I want to be that guy... (but not in RL) heh

What map was this on? Nothing spectacular for PC guys, but that's pretty lethal on a console.

IDK, I always use steady aim with the m16, which makes it a ing beast at close range. I've literally never used that gun without it.

I guess it depends on where and how you play. The servers I play on are pretty tough, and 9 times out of 10 if I shoot someone he has at least one teammate backing him or flanking. People move around in groups a lot and it's rare to get just one kill, unless the other team sucks, in which case, it doesn't matter which weapon I use. :toast

I prefer to use (and do use) smg's in close quarters, but I bet I'd be able to tear it up with an m16 were that my wont. Especially in free-for-all (which I play a lot of), where you're more likely to be taking on only one enemy at a time.

That's a major difference there. I almost never play FFA, due to massive spawn camping. It gets really old, and usually the person who starts off the map ahead ends up winning via continuous airstrikes/helis.

At the same time, I do, as z0sa suggested, tend to treat the m16 like a sniper rifle. It's the only gun I use the acog with and I more or less keep steady aim on it as a defense tactic/last resort, rather than as an offensive strategy. Still, if I wanted to use it as an offensive, close quarters weapon, I bet I'd be pretty damn successful.

Interesting. I've never thought about acog'ing an M16. I'll have to give that a shot and see how I like it. Sounds like the perfect weapon for a map like Overgrown or bog.

My current area of focus is using cover better. I'm an old CS 1.4-6 vet, so I haven't figured out lines of sight for every map yet (I couldn't play CoD4 for about 8 months due to punkbuster idiocy, eventually formatted. Ugh.) so that can really hamstring my consistency at times. It's not enough to keep me from being in the top 3 nearly every map, but it's an admitted weakness of mine. I absolutely suck at sniping, mostly due to the fact that I always seem to be on the opposite side of the map from the enemy. But an acog on an M16 might just cure me of that problem.

Sec24Row7
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
It was on roundhouse...

No tanks in hardcore fucking blows...

Typical lazy game dev BS... they decide something is broken so they REMOVE it instead of trying to fix it...

I didn't even know anyone was complaining...

z0sa
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
My current area of focus is using cover better. I'm an old CS 1.4-6 vet, so I haven't figured out lines of sight for every map yet (I couldn't play CoD4 for about 8 months due to punkbuster idiocy, eventually formatted. Ugh.) so that can really hamstring my consistency at times. It's not enough to keep me from being in the top 3 nearly every map, but it's an admitted weakness of mine. I absolutely suck at sniping, mostly due to the fact that I always seem to be on the opposite side of the map from the enemy. But an acog on an M16 might just cure me of that problem.

Don't get me started on 1.6 I still play CS to this day. The most addictive game of all time IMO. I used to play 6+ hrs a day when I was on a team and we were in CAL.

xellos88330
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Call of Duty 4 classes and spec. Please note that these vary depending on the map. More often than not, these are my setups.

Assault

Weapon: G3|Red dot sight.
Grenade: Frag/Stun
Side Arm: Desert Eagle
Perks: Bandolier/Stopping Power/Deep Impact

This is my most basic setup. As far as strategy goes, (I play team deathmatch almost exclusively) don't let your team progress too deep changing your teams spawn point. Basically divide the map in half and try not to cross the halfway point.