PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Sucks Donkeyballs

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
It deserved its own thread. What a string of gutless performances.

So is Frau Dirk just in a funk or is this some kind of "mailing it in" response to the shitastic team around him?

Discuss.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Mailing it in.

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
His teammates didn't really help him, the spurs are sending the house every time Dirk touches the ball

Rogue
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
they only reason we lose this game is just we don't want to beat a weak spurs team that has Duncan and Manu both sidelined.

mavs are deeply disappointed with the absence of Duncan and Manu.

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 10:49 PM
At least he has his sidekick in Kidd...another no show against a playoff bound team. What a surprise. Color me shocked.

And JHo, our smart, beloved Jho.

Who's the next scrub that will outplay Dirk? Malik Allen tommorrow night.

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 10:50 PM
At least this reinforces one thing we all already knew.

Oberto > Garnett

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm probably knee jerking when I say Dirk's mailing it in. Just like some knee jerked early in the year when Dirk struggled.

But he's not getting to the line, and he's not taking as many shots as he should with Terry out. i could live with an 8-23 performance with 6-7 FTA's, atleast he's taking shots... if they dont fall they dont fall. I dont have the statsin front of me, he took less than 15 shots tonight and didn't get to line often. Maybe the Spurs D is that good, i dunno.

Hasn't really played well since the All Star break. Is he aware of the team's mediocrity and has no desire to play on a mediocre team? Part of me cannot blame him, after getting cheated out of a 2006 championship and followed up with the heartbreak of Golden State. But the other part of me is agitated. :)

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
JJ Barea treads a thin line between helping the team with his outstanding ballhogging skills, and hurting the team. Tonight he hurt them big time.

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Dirk knows he's not getting any help until 2010, why should he waste the effort? Just stay fresh until Wade, Bosh, and Joe Johnson all sign with Dallas.

resistanze
4 rgz fgt!

Hemotivo
of course

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
JJ Barea and Josh Howard will have decent scoring nights here and there, but make too many braindead and boneheaded plays. i can't fault Barea, dude's short but he at least he gives effort. Drawing some O fouls despite his defensive deficiencies.

Howard, I guess it's to be expected that he's a braindead player. That shit would be fine if he was 23, but he's 28. He's a veteran, and he plays like a dumbass. I hope his ass is gone this offseason. Again I love our beloved Mavs.

sribb43
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
His teammates didn't really help him, the spurs are sending the house every time Dirk touches the ball

Maybe fuckin' Carlisle should have done the same thing on TP..what a fuckin waste of a coach

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Josh Howard leaving the team is addition by subtraction. I don't know how many times I can say that before some of you believe it.

Watching JHo play makes me want to murder puppies.

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Maybe fuckin' Carlisle should have done the same thing on TP..what a fuckin waste of a coach

Apparently Fabricio Oberto is such an offensive powerhouse that they can't afford to double team Parker ever.

Also, there's nothing that makes me laugh more than watching the Mavs switch on every screen like some JV high school team, and seeing JJ Barea on Kurt Thomas while Brandon Bass watches Parker blow by him.

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Dirk will get owned by Charlie V tomorrow night.

MarHill
02-24-2009, 11:02 PM
they only reason we lose this game is just we don't want to beat a weak spurs team that has Duncan and Manu both sidelined.

What a great rationalization!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
02-24-2009, 11:02 PM
When Oberto scores more than 2 points on your team, you know your defense blows.
For all the talk that Carslile was a good defensive coach in Indiana and Detroit (partially true), his current team can't stop anybody.

sribb43
02-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Apparently Fabricio Oberto is such an offensive powerhouse that they can't afford to double team Parker ever.

Also, there's nothing that makes me laugh more than watching the Mavs switch on every screen like some JV high school team, and seeing JJ Barea on Kurt Thomas while Brandon Bass watches Parker blow by him.

PHX does the same thing...wasnt it fun watching Nash getting roasted by Pierce on sunday. Teams that switch typically are poor defensive teams, i.e. Mavs and Suns

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Dirk knows he's not getting any help until 2010, why should he waste the effort? Just stay fresh until Wade, Bosh, and Joe Johnson all sign with Dallas.

Yao will probably sign with the Mavs too.

Donnie has already said that the LOCKER-ROOM AMENITIES is one of the perks that he knows will attract all the stars.

sribb43
02-24-2009, 11:27 PM
JJB takes too many fuckin shots...that guy either shoots or turns the ball over. In other words he has been watching too muany J-Ho video

leemajors
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
ehh dirk had a bad night. it happens. he's usually on fire vs spurs, i'll take it.

Brickhouse
02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
JJB takes too many fuckin shots...that guy either shoots or turns the ball over. In other words he has been watching too muany J-Ho video

Agree. The midget always teeters a very close line between "fearless" and "brainless ball hog"

sribb43
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Agree. The midget always teeters a very close line between "fearless" and "brainless ball hog"

the midget either drives it to the basket for a shot or kicks it out to the other team for a steal

ElNono
02-24-2009, 11:41 PM
We need the Donnie Nelson troll to tell us what he thought of his boys in blue tonight...

GSH
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Oh... based on the title of the thread, I assumed it was an entry into the NBA photo contest.

phyzik
02-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Dirk for Bonner!!!

Do it!

Kai
02-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Is JJ Barrea the one with the 'Streakin Puerto Rican' nickname? He doesn't deserve such a cool nickname.

Biggems
02-25-2009, 02:20 AM
i find it odd that both Tim Duncan and Josh Howard graduated from the same university, yet both are polar opposites on the intellect scale. I guess while Duncan decided to major in Psychology, Howard decided to major in Dumbass Pothead.

Biggems
02-25-2009, 02:21 AM
JJ Barea treads a thin line between helping the team with his outstanding ballhogging skills, and hurting the team. Tonight he hurt them big time.

I wonder how Barea felt when Hill used his third arm to send Barea's shot back to Dallas.

wijayas
02-25-2009, 06:14 AM

We need to humor ourselves in times like this...:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
i find it odd that both Tim Duncan and Josh Howard graduated from the same university, yet both are polar opposites on the intellect scale. I guess while Duncan decided to major in Psychology, Howard decided to major in Dumbass Pothead.

Yeah, that's the first case of two people on the opposite end of the "intellect scale" attending the same university.

LEONARD
02-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Funk...

Yea, he sucks terribly... :lol

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Part of Dirk's struggles is due to the Spurs defense I'd say. He really couldn't find a clean look, although he seemed somewhat indifferent as well.

I do wonder about our beloved Dirk though. He does have amazing games like the Boston game but he has had way too many dud games this year for my taste, arguably costing the team 3-4 games this year himself, although the rest of the roster has cost the team more than that.

It certainly doesn't help especially with Terry out that nobody else can step up. A team like the Celtics or Lakers can win a game even with Pierce/Kobe playing a game similar to Dirk's last night, but I guess that's why they're where they're at and our boys in blue are where they're at.

But Dirk himself indeed needs to attack more, get to the FT line more to offset poor shooting games. His FTA per game this year is lowest in quite some time. The stats would say he's having a great year, and he is, but by the lofty standard of Dirk, it's probably his worst year since the 2003-2004 season.

I also feel sometimes beloved Dirk's skillset is somewhat supressed by the makeup of the roster. I mean, we have below average players at 3 of the 5 starting positions, our wings are mediocre, a post player is nonexistent, and the best slasher is a Puerto Rican midget. This has allowed defenses to sag and cheat toward Dirk all along, and while normally he can put up great numbers, it just congests and makes things difficult.

But I don't really care anymore I guess, last night's outcome wouldn't have changed my opinion that this team doesn't have a great postseason in front of them. Such a thought was created with the 3rd game of the year.

Indazone
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Trade Dirk for T-Mac

Even Trade. They both suck

Rogue
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Trade Dirk for T-Mac

tmac is already done this season, and he also has recieved the microfracture surgery that will keep him away from court for 6-12 MONTHs, which means he is very likely to take the remaining 23m of his contract without playing even one game. Tmac would be even richer than your cheapass owner if your team had signed him a longer deal. :lmao

sribb43
02-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Trade Dirk for T-Mac

too bad yall dont have Franchise anymore, we could have worked something out

galvatron3000
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Wasn't last nights performance reminiscent of Game 6 of the 2006 NBA Finals?
Sure Dirk has talent but he really needs to play more of a Scottie Pippen role for a franchise, minus the defense of course, in order to flourish.

hater
02-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Dirk is already a has been

sribb43
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
"We like our boys in blue"

Rogue
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
dirk did tried his best last night, but the luck was on spurs side.

dirk4mvp
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM

Did your stupid ass even get out of high school?

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Wasn't last nights performance reminiscent of Game 6 of the 2006 NBA Finals?
Sure Dirk has talent but he really needs to play more of a Scottie Pippen role for a franchise, minus the defense of course, in order to flourish.

29/15 game 6 that mavs should've won if not for BS whistles?

clambake
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
looks like i have some people starting to agree with my earlier discription of dirk.

no hard feelings.

LEONARD
02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Dirk is already a has been

Actually, he's having a typical season...right in line with all of his seasons since '02... (except for '03-'04)

Brickhouse
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Another great game against the Bucks so far...Dick Breath has more attempts :lmao

Either he's nursing a secret injury or he has mailed it in for the season.

dirk4mvp
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Rogue is that you in your avatar?

Rogue
02-26-2009, 12:33 AM
it's Tom but not me, my name is Rodriguez that I simplified to Rogue as my screen name.

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/

Ghazi
02-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Dirk 14.4/8.2 since break, less than 41% shooting. 2.8 FT per game and only 14.6 SHOTS per game.

Cmon Dirk, i know it's easy to quit with our beloved Mavs in such a state, but don't quit!

dirk4mvp
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
it's Tom but not me, my name is Rodriguez that I simplified to Rogue as my screen name.

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/

It's all starting to make a little sense.

mavs>spurs2
02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
It's all starting to make a little sense.

Fill me in because I don't get it

sribb43
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Will someone please vote for Bonner, Scola and Villanueva for all-defensive team