PDA

View Full Version : Bulls 120, Magic 102

SpursDynasty
02-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Good job Chicago for going out there and just doing what you were supposed to do. No trash talking in this thread, the Magic weren't supposed to win this game and they didn't, nothing to make a big deal out of. Giving up 56.5% field goal percentage won't get the job done. Again, I'm not trash talking or anything, but why the hell is Rafer Alston doing in the starting lineup? 4-for-12 from the field, sounds like typical Rafer Alston to me. Having 3 or 4 20-point games this season does not earn this joker a spot on a starting lineup. Apparently for Orlando, it does.

With Jameer Nelson out, Orlando is left to rely on its only remaining All-Star on the team, Rashard Lewis. What did he do tonight? 3-for-12 from the floor. Again, typical Rashard Lewis. He has one or two big games and he's picked for the All-Star team.

Good job Chicago. Orlando with Rafer Alston starting = fail.

sook
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
On the magic board it says Rafer is the best PG in magic history they were so high on this guy!

I'm so glad he is off our team. Its nice to sere a PG that can shoot over 40% now, brooks was like 20 points on 48% shooting

Kai
02-25-2009, 02:48 AM
heh.

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Disagree SD on your assessment of Lewis. He's vastly overrated. I don't think you give Howard enough credit. He's having an outstanding season statistically and lost an important player in Nelson who was a top 5 PG statistically before the injury. The rest of his teammates are garbage including Lewis and Hedo. Basically, without Nelson, he's a one man team. That said, Orlando is not anywhere near good without Nelson. Before his injury, they were a very strong team. Now its Howard and some other guys.

Rogue
02-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Magic is still good, at least it hasn't slipped too much due to Nelson's injury. Alston doesn't play as good as Nelson did, but still enough to keep magic afloat. Alston has never been good at shooting since he entered NBA from queen streets. Alston is a dangerous scorer within some 3 feet from the rim, but he can hardly get some oppotunities in that range when his team is heavily relying on half-court offense.

Alston's afflict is just he has never played on a team that fits him most, a good player should adjust himself to fit his team instead of requiring his team to adjust to himself. But Alston isn't a good player... Alston isn't a professional basketball player at all. his assists are mostly from breaking&passing or wide open shots in fast breaks, he isn't capable to creat some oppotunities for his team like Kidd and Nash do. but Alston would make all-star caliber stats if he worked in run-and-gun systerm, though he was already a veteran that was born in 1976. Rafer didn't show any depression due to his age, his shooting has never been good since he started to play professional basketball. oppositely rafer has improved a lot since he joined rockets at the age of 29.

he averages 8.5 asts per game since he joined Magic, 28asts in three former games prior to the lose of last night. It's obvious D Howard is a better center than Yao, which can be clearly reflected by the increase of Rafer's ast numbers. and rafer has just played 4 games for Magic, it's expectable he'll play even better after he meshes further with his new team.

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 09:22 AM
On the magic board it says Rafer is the best PG in magic history they were so high on this guy!

I'm so glad he is off our team. Its nice to sere a PG that can shoot over 40% now, brooks was like 20 points on 48% shooting

Yeah, a whole .2% over 40.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3192