PDA

View Full Version : Keep Resting Duncan Pop

raspsa
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Great win. The team responded to adversity well. Let Duncan rest as long as needed, same with Manu.. Pop is usually very conservative in these matters. In the meantime, the team goes into "bunker mode" and is very focused.. it would be nice though if we had one more big.:toast

ducks
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
spurs need duncan
a good precaution resting duncan
but they play back to back

tp will be tired tomorrow

Thomas82
02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
spurs need duncan

Hopefully Tim will be OK for tomorrow. If not, I'm all for resting him until he is good enough to play again.

wijayas
02-24-2009, 11:08 PM
spurs need duncan

Let TD rest as much as needed.
TP can carry the load on B2B. he is 26!

Mugen
02-24-2009, 11:12 PM
winning this game 2nite and the way we won it makes 2maro's game a little less important.

i say rest him

TMTTRIO
02-24-2009, 11:15 PM
I'd not rather risk it and would rest him another game. Besides TP's young and can carry the team again.

xtremesteven33
02-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Mental collapse by the Mavericks.

Duncan should play limited minutes tommorow.

EricB
02-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I bet Duncan plays tommarow.

TampaDude
02-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Let TD rest as much as needed.
TP can carry the load on B2B. he is 26!

Yup...we're at home, and it's the Jailblazers...no worries... :hat

Spurlady
02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Yup...we're at home, and it's the Jailblazers...no worries... :hat
There not the Jailblazers anymore. They have some very good young talent. I'm not worried about them for the playoffs because of the lack of experience, but for a regular season game they will play the Spurs tough.

TampaDude
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
There not the Jailblazers anymore. They have some very good young talent. I'm not worried about them for the playoffs because of the lack of experience, but for a regular season game they will play the Spurs tough.

Portland is 12-16 on the road...I'm not worried...

bigdog
02-24-2009, 11:35 PM
for what it's worth, Greg Simmons just said he doesn't expect Tim to play against Portland.

superbigtime
02-25-2009, 12:03 AM
From the way Mike Taylor was talking, we're not going to see Tim tomorrow. He was reportedly very stiff in the right knee with limited mobility, as well as the soreness. He's probably going to undergo x-rays and an MRI. We'll know more tomorrow surely. But regardless I would be surprised if he plays.

ElNono
02-25-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll say sit Tony tomorrow too... We have a decent lead in the Division, plus this gives our bench more playing time.

phxspurfan
02-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Why not rest/play him limited minutes for both Portland games and the other Dallas game, and have him play big in the Cleveland game.

Thomas82
02-25-2009, 12:47 AM
I think he'll sit out again tomorrow, and be back for the Cleveland game.

duncan228
02-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said afterward he didn't know the severity of Duncan's injury. He said Duncan would be evaluated by doctors Wednesday morning, putting his status for San Antonio's back-to-back against Portland later that night in doubt.

Popovich said his All-Star forward appeared fine Tuesday morning but was stiff and had trouble getting loose while warming up. Duncan was not on the bench during the game.

"It was strange,'' Popovich said. "He was good this morning, but this evening he couldn't move on it.''

DPG21920
02-25-2009, 12:50 AM
What happened to Tim? I mean, I had not heard anything all day until I got to the game?

bigdog
02-25-2009, 12:51 AM
I say let him rest and let him get ready for Cleveland. Hell, he better play against Cleveland because I'm going to that game!

Thomas82
02-25-2009, 12:52 AM
I say let him rest and let him get ready for Cleveland. Hell, he better play against Cleveland because I'm going to that game!

They'll need him for that game.

Manufan909
02-25-2009, 01:42 AM
I hope he has a monster game against Cleveland like he did aganst the Suns last year, when he came back from idk how many games. It was much longer though, like around a week.

phxspurfan
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
"It was strange,'' Popovich said. "He was good this morning, but this evening he couldn't move on it.''

crap! :depressed

urunobili
02-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Pop should rest Tim tomorrow too...the Blazers have just lost a tough physical game against Houston... if we play this type of D we could win tomorrow's game

TheDarkSide.
02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Shit! Even though i will be attending the game tonight i gotta say rest him. I wouldn't mind him coming back until our next Dallas game.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Resting Timmy would be the best thing. Let everyone else get some minutes and step up. The only chance the Spurs have to beat LA or Boston is if they play like a team and everyone's contributing. I also want Udoka getting minutes so he can either become valuable or just prove that he deserves to be behind the bench in a suit for the rest of the year.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree rest him up....if they lose one it's okay. I hope he will at least be back for King Crab.

At this point I don't really care about wins or losses; all they have to do is make the playoffs. If everyone is healthy and contributing by that point, they can win 16 games. That's all that matters.

Taking it to the Hole
02-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Tim won't play tonight. Pop is not going to risk anything against a team that they can beat without him. Look for him to be back against the Cavs, well rested and motivated. Besides, this is the perfect chance for some people to get some minutes, i.e. Oberto, Udoka, Hairston... Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if Pop decides to sit Timmy against the Cavs. All they have is LeBron, so we would be equal with TP. Guess we will have to wait and see.