PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker: The Franchise Player

SequSpur
02-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Where the fuk is Ginobili? Where the fuk is Duncan?

You all want to suck on my balls now? Fukin Parker haters can kiss my white ass.

Fuck u mav fans, you're a bunch of dicks anyway...

Kidd? fo.

Bariarhea? yeah right....

suck on that shit....

Parker MVP of San Antonio.

:lobt2:

scanry
02-24-2009, 11:57 PM

You all want to suck on my balls now? Fukin Parker haters can kiss my white ass.

Kidd? fo.

suck on that shit....

I though you had a purple one from all the raping Ducks has given you over the years...

ducks
02-24-2009, 11:57 PM
YOU ARE RIGHT

spurs will not win it all without tp having help
but they will games like they did with just one superstar(david robinson)

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 12:00 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT

spurs will not win it all without tp having help
but they will games like they did with just one superstar(david robinson)

I know I am right, but you still have to park up front you retard.

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Parker MVP of San Antonio.:

Tell that to Nate Robinson.

ducks
02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Tell that to Nate Robinson.

who

dunking does not make you great

TDMVPDPOY
02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
for the last week you were nowhere to be found when parker had shit games

good one troll, now go back under that rock

ducks
02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
dude finnally had time to work practice his outside shot
he had an allstar game to go to

peskypesky
who

dunking does not make you great

guess you didn't watch the game last Tuesday, when Nate took a dump on Tony.

SequSpur
for the last week you were nowhere to be found when parker had shit games

good one troll, now go back under that rock

yeah, you're right, I have been in Vegas, I missed several spurs games.. hah.. imagine that...

TP #1.

ducks
02-25-2009, 12:08 AM

I thought all spur players sucked against knicks
not just tony

ducks
02-25-2009, 12:09 AM

yeah nate owned him so much knicks traded his ass

Deimosfobos
02-25-2009, 12:14 AM

Kidd? fo.

suck on that shit....

lol

Manu won huge games without Parker/Duncan.

Duncan of course did it too...

Parker just showed he is as good as most of us think already. But only a homer would call him the franchise player or the mvp of this team.

ducks
02-25-2009, 12:16 AM
name one big win manu won without duncan and tp?
spurs are 9-8 without manu this year now

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 12:16 AM
every guard looks like a franchise player against the mavs

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 12:17 AM
lol

Manu won huge games without Parker/Duncan.

Duncan of course did it too...

Parker just showed he is as good as most of us think already. But only a homer would call him the franchise player or the mvp of this team.

Please, no stupidity allowed in sequ topics, with the exception of the forum special ed poster child Ducks.

Dude, you aren't a spurs fan if you don't think parker owns this team. go to walmart and get a 2007 nba champion dvd and come back and tell me this shit.

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
every guard looks like a franchise player against the mavs

lol

Gutter92
02-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Isnt our record better when its just TD w/o Manu and TP, than with TD+TP and no Manu? :lol

El Jefe
02-25-2009, 12:34 AM
I think Parker is a very good player. I think he played an amazing game tonight, and I think he has more amazing games to come.

However....

One nice regular season win over what can only be described as a disoriented Mavericks team does not outweigh everything we have learned from 50 years of history.

Big man = franchise player

Point Guard = Complimentary player to the big man

Name for me all of the championship teams of the past 25 years where the point guard was the best player. I think an argument can be made for Detroit (Isaiah Thomas)..... and that's about it. I imagine even that point could be debated.

The Spurs are better for having Tony Parker, but Tim Duncan is the reason they play for championships every year.

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I think Parker is a very good player. I think he played an amazing game tonight, and I think he has more amazing games to come.

However....

One nice regular season win over what can only be described as a disoriented Mavericks team does not outweigh everything we have learned from 50 years of history.

Name for me all of the championship teams of the past 25 years where the point guard was the best player. I think an argument can be made for Detroit (Isaiah Thomas)..... and that's about it. I imagine even that point could be debated.

The Spurs are better for having Tony Parker, but Tim Duncan is the reason they play for championships every year.

go to walmart, buy the 2007 championship dvd and get back to me. :rolleyes

Gutter92
02-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Sequ, why ignore the fact that we are better when TP doesnt play(when Manu is out), than when TP does play when Manu is out...?

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Sequ, why ignore the fact that we are better when TP doesnt play(when Manu is out), than when TP does play when Manu is out...?

Tony Parker is a 3 time allstar.

Tony Parker is a 3 time NBA Champion.

Tony Parker is a Finals MVP.

Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA.

Tony Paker just led this team tonight without Duncan and Ginobili.

Dude, I can't help you if you don't get it.

it's me
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM

wow... was this a big win????? ponys are a joke this year.

props to Tony.

Spursfan092120
02-25-2009, 12:42 AM
yeah nate owned him so much knicks traded his ass

Um...no they didn't. They decided not to do it at the last minute.

Gutter92
02-25-2009, 12:43 AM

Umm...you bring up the fact that they are 9-8 w/o Manu, but ignore the fact that they are better off not playing Tony when Manu is out? Posting his stats wont cover that fact up lol.

DynastyDynasty
02-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Please, no stupidity allowed in sequ topics

because Sequ brings enough stupidity whenever he starts one of his pathetic bleats.

El Jefe
02-25-2009, 12:49 AM
go to walmart, buy the 2007 championship dvd and get back to me. :rolleyes

I'll go you one better.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2007.html

Playoffs 2007
Tim Duncan played 736 minutes, scored 444 points on 52% shooting with 229 rebounds and 65 assists.

Tony Parker played 750 minutes, scored 415 points on 48% shooting with 67 rebounds and 115 assists.

So Tim scored more points with a higher FG% in fewer minutes. He did this while also dominating the paint, cleaning up the boards, and anchoring the defense.

Again, I value Tony as a player. I like him, and I think he improves the team. I just don't see how you declare him the best player on the team.

(In truth, the entire argument is a bit silly, and I imagine Tim and Tony themselves would be mortified that we are even having it. It doesn't matter who the best player is, it matters who the best team is. I just can't stand it when people get all excited by the flashy guard and give no credit to the big man down low doing all the dirty work)

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 12:49 AM

I think it's pretty clear that you're the one who doesn't get it. No matter how hard you pray & hug your Tony Parker doll at night, he's not going to be considered a franchise player.

Dalamar_the_Dark
02-25-2009, 01:04 AM

However....

Sorry but franchise played does not need to be a big man. Let me name a few and see if you even recognize them. They may just happen to be point guards as well.

MICHAEL JORDAN
MAGIC JOHNSON
Steve Nash
Clyde Drexler
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant

Just to name a few.

But having said that, Parker is not your franchise player. He is a very, very good player but not someone you build a championship winning franchise around.

Duncan is your franchise player. He just makes everyone better and finds a way to win CONSISTENTLY with scrubs.

TDMVPDPOY
02-25-2009, 01:07 AM
best pg in the league? lol you dont call out other pgs in the league and dont back that shit up when you go h2h with them, and post up big numbers in the next game against a scrub pg to avg out ur stats for the week.....

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Heaven forbid Tony Parker is appreciated by a Spur fan. I still don't get how fans can want the Spurs to do so good, but want Tony Parker to do so bad. He is your pg now, and he will be your pg in the future. Franchise player or not, Spurs are going to want to build around him when Manu and Tim retire.

TDMVPDPOY
02-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Heaven forbid Tony Parker is appreciated by a Spur fan. I still don't get how fans can want the Spurs to do so good, but want Tony Parker to do so bad. He is your pg now, and he will be your pg in the future. Franchise player or not, Spurs are going to want to build around him when Manu and Tim retire.

his a top3 pg imo you can rearrange it any order you want between him/deron/cp3....

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Umm...you bring up the fact that they are 9-8 w/o Manu, but ignore the fact that they are better off not playing Tony when Manu is out? Posting his stats wont cover that fact up lol.

i didn't post 9-8 stevie wonder...

also, I didn't post stats, I posted facts.

go away.

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 01:28 AM
I think it's pretty clear that you're the one who doesn't get it. No matter how hard you pray & hug your Tony Parker doll at night, he's not going to be considered a franchise player.

check the scoreboard.....

El Jefe
02-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Sorry but franchise played does not need to be a big man. Let me name a few and see if you even recognize them. They may just happen to be point guards as well.

MICHAEL JORDAN
MAGIC JOHNSON
Steve Nash
Clyde Drexler
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant

Just to name a few.

But having said that, Parker is not your franchise player. He is a very, very good player but not someone you build a championship winning franchise around.

Duncan is your franchise player. He just makes everyone better and finds a way to win CONSISTENTLY with scrubs.

Thank you. You list some very talented players. It is very much a list I expected to see as a counterpoint to my argument. First I would like to note that I said a list of point guards, and on your list there are only two. Steve Nash (who may well be the very embodiment of this point. As the best player on his team, he constantly butted up against and lost to a team with a dominant big man) and Magic Johnson. Magic is pretty much the exception that proves the rule, as a 6'9" PG I think we can agree that he was a statistical outlier, one we're not likely to see again anytime soon.

The rest of your list are shooting guards, and while they can come much closer to carrying a team the a championship (and some have) I still would include a few caveats with the rest of your list.

Clyde Drexler Talented player. Won nothing of consequence until playing a supporting role to Hakeem Olajuwon.

Kobe Bryant Shaquille O'neal. Enough said. If the Lakers win this year, I'll be willing to change my assessment......of Pau Gasol.

Dwyane Wade An example of a guard who carried his team to the title. His team had a terrible record all year, they came together at just the right time, won the title, and have been fairly terrible since. Wade is a very very good player, there is no denying this. But I feel safe in saying he isn't going to carry his team to multiple championships anytime soon.

I won't even play the Shaq card and try to claim him as the dominating big man, but I will point out this team featured a rotaion of Shaq, Zo Mourning (they were better in the Finals with Zo on the floor than Shaq, in my opinion) and a very underrated Udonis Haslem. If as a shooting guard you're going to carry a team to a title, this is the kind of front line you HAVE to have.

Michael Jordan: Put it to you this way, if you're going to dominate the league from the shooting guard spot and win multiple titles, you better be Michael Freaking Jordan. The everlasting quest to declare someone "The Next Jordan" has already diminished just how much better he was than everybody else. The man was just a freak, and by every statistical measure was light years better than any guard who has played before or since. With that said, even he floundered for several years before going on his run of titles. It can also be stated that he never won a title with either a Horace Grant (another wildly underrated player) or a Dennis Rodman cleaning the glass and protecting the paint. (Don't ask me about Luc Longley, I have no explanation there)

I'm still feeling pretty comfortable with my rule: If your PG is your best player, you are in trouble. I might have to include "and not named Magic"

Maybe a height limit? "If your best player is under 6'6"....."

Mr Bones
02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Threads like this really detract from spurstalk.

ehz33satx
02-25-2009, 01:56 AM
I know I am right, but you still have to park up front you retard.

And you can't get on the adult rides at Fiesta Texas. WGAF!

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Threads like this really detract from spurstalk.

why? did you miss your mysa.com articles? buy a got damn newspaper on your way to work.

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 01:57 AM
And you can't get on the adult rides at Fiesta Texas. WGAF!

you need help.

ehz33satx
02-25-2009, 01:58 AM
you need help.

I need help? Coming from you, that means not very much, my little friend.

SequSpur
02-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I need help? Coming from you, that means not very much, my little friend.

:lmao

ehz33satx
02-25-2009, 02:02 AM
:lmao

Look at your OP and tell me again that it is I that need help. But I know your game little man. You love to rile people up. Your a rowdy little bastard on the internet. In real life, your not much.

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
his a top3 pg imo you can rearrange it any order you want between him/deron/cp3....

I can agree with that. I also see alot of the young point guards bringing it at Tony Parker because of who he is and what he's done in the league. Kind of like the way TP was vs. Payton. Just made him look really slow and old in 02 series first round.

milkyway21
02-25-2009, 03:03 AM
this team almost won in DEnver w/ no TD,TP, & Manu.

team effort.

BTW, and the Mavs had no Stackshouse and Terry too.

cp3forever
02-25-2009, 04:55 AM
any order? LMAO, not even close compared to the other two.

WalterBenitez
02-25-2009, 05:14 AM
When TD, Manu were out and retired, TOny Parker will lead this team period, he is young, skilled.

roycrikside
02-25-2009, 05:39 AM

They beat the Jazz last year without TP and Tim.

urunobili
02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
he was on pace for a 60 pts game and Pop benched him.. he got tired and ended up shooting less than 50% from the floor less than his season average... :wakeup... Manu tor the Mavs up for 37 last time with WAY less shots than this...

I loved this Game by TP, he showed he is the man and leader of this team and was the main responsible for the win... but i have seen MUCH better than this from him...

Brazil
02-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Sequ is simply the best, he is always right.

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Bumb

DAF86
02-25-2009, 10:28 PM

Kidd? fo.

suck on that shit....

Can they get that low?

jman3000
02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
parker is complete trash when he forces things/takes too many non-wide open jumpers/doesn't pass.

he's a great scoring point guard, but he's made me throw my remote more times than I care to remember.

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
complete trash my foot

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Very nice Tony!

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
2:41 POR - 20 sec timeout
2:41 SA - T. Parker makes a 22-foot jumper from the left wing
2:56 SA - M. Bonner defensive rebound
2:57 POR - C. Frye misses a 25-foot three-pointer from the top of the arc
3:14 SA - T. Parker drives to the hoop for a layup
3:28 POR - C. Frye makes a 19-foot jumper from the right wing
3:47 SA - T. Parker makes a 16-foot jumper from the top of the key

Frenchise player
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
SO good to see Tony play like that.
It's 4h30 AM here and I am so happy to be awake.

DAF86
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Is obvious that Tony can be a franchise player, but is also obvious that he can't be one here, at least not for now.

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
and to think, the defense is focusing on TP more now since both Manu and TD are out.

hater
02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
This is officially Tony Parker's team now. They are just rolling over teams.

Thomas82
and to think, the defense is focusing on TP more now since both Manu and TD are out.

Yeah, and he's having a better game tonight than he did last night.

bdictjames
Its great to see the Spurs winning and all and Parker looking like the best player in the NBA, but seriously, you all don't need to blush everytime Parker makes a good play and let everyone know about it.

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I thought last night, towards the end he wore out. Tonight he is finishing the way he started. Probably paced himself better

Creation88
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
tony "fucking" parker!! WOO-HOO!

DAF86

I don't know about you but I'd love to have the other two back for the playoffs.

jman3000
complete trash my foot

read the qualifiers you dumb shit.

do you even know what qualifiers are?

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Timmy approves :lol

jag
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
If manu were doing this right now the forum would explode.:stirpot:

hater
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't know about you but I'd love to have the other two back for the playoffs.

just enjoy what you're seeing.

anyway even with Duncan + Manu, Tony needs to be THE man of that team. this proves it.

hater
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
If manu were doing this right now the forum would explode.:stirpot:

yup.

It's clear now, Parker >> Manu

but there's still some delusional Spur fans :rolleyes

Mugen
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
:worthy: Tony

DAF86
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
just enjoy what you're seeing.

anyway even with Duncan + Manu, Tony needs to be THE man of that team. this proves it.

I'd love to see it, but I can't :bang

And no, Tim needs (and is) THE man of this team to have a chance at a :lobt2:

urunobili
02-25-2009, 10:52 PM
TP> Manu

:worthy:

Thompson
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Fantastic back-to-back games from Parker, he really took over when we needed him most. Imagine what this team could do if we added a couple hall-of-famers?

Thomas82
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
It looks like Tony got himself a few more votes for Player Of The Week tonight.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Tony's playing amazing and all, but did you guys forget the bad stretch he JUST had before what we're seeing right now? there's absolutely no way Tony Parker should be the main option on a team with Tim Duncan..

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Tony's playing amazing and all, but did you guys forget the bad stretch he JUST had before what we're seeing right now? there's absolutely no way Tony Parker should be the main option on a team with Tim Duncan..
tp opens the game for duncan

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Duncan was still playing exactly the same in the stretch without Tony and Manu..if you look at Duncan's stats without Parker, they're pretty much the same..obviously Tony helps feed him though, that's part of the reason he's a great PG/player..

that isn't my point though..

if you have the best big man in the NBA, you have to run it through him as the main option..

it's obviously a luxury to have a top 3 PG in the NBA though, and a great SG in Manu..obviously it's a big reason for our success..

ducks
02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
if tp was on a team like the wolves
they would make the playoffs and not go very for in the playoffs
david robinson needed help also
kg needed sam and spree to do ok
now kg needs paul pierce and ray allen

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM

you know, if he has one more game like this, i might start to agree with you. but for now, it's still tim's team.

spursfan09
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Fantastic back-to-back games from Parker, he really took over when we needed him most. Imagine what this team could do if we added a couple hall-of-famers?

Yeah if only Spurs could get a great power forward and an all heart- all world shooting guard.

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
if you have the best big man in the NBA, you have to run it through him as the main option..

it's obviously a luxury to have a top 3 PG in the NBA though, and a great SG in Manu..obviously it's a big reason for our success..

if we have the best big man, and a top 3 pg, and the Red Rocket, we have no excuse for not getting to the Finals.

L.I.T
02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Spurstalk continues to amaze me.

Next week: Trade Parker in the off-season for Billups!

ducks
02-25-2009, 11:56 PM
PER Diem: Feb. 25, 2009
Parker's big night just another example of how much the Mavericks miss Terry
By John Hollinger

Tony Parker 66, Dallas 54.

It's amazing but true -- while he was on the floor, one player accounted for more points than the entire opposing team.

Parker did it last night in San Antonio's 93-76 win over Dallas. He had 37 points and 12 assists, plus five of his dimes accounted for 3-pointers -- a total of 66 points. Meanwhile, in the 37 minutes that Parker played, the Mavericks scored only 54 of their 76 total points.

So Parker not only generated more points than the Mavs … he did so by double digits. It was one of the most amazing performances of the season, made even more incredible by the absence of teammates Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili -- Parker was a one-man band and the Mavs still couldn't stop it. He scored or assisted on all but 13 of San Antonio's points when he was on the court to lead the Spurs to a shockingly easy win.

SequSpur
02-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Sure would be nice if Kori, timvp, whottt, chumpdumber, solid d, and the rest of you heroes to post in a real topic instead of a mysa.com rehash.

I just want to tell all of you parker haters that posted in here and elsewhere to pucker up your lips and give me a big passionate kiss right on my ass.

Fo.

ducks
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
that artice is espn not mysay.com
idiot

DAF86
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
yup.

It's clear now, Parker >> Manu

but there's still some delusional Spur fans :rolleyes

OK hater, now you got to me. These are just some games from last season where either Tim, Tony were missing, and Manu's production:

37 against Devin Harris' Mavs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ReFuGEoEpA

37 Against Utah in the next game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfhUQe7cjc

44 against the T-wolves plus game winner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UG6mSYwFfc

46 in Lebron's house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTH7ulledQ

I bet you didn't think that the people who thought that Manu > Parker were so delusional after those games.

I'm not taking a shot at Parker I'm just reminding this short memory Spurs fan the kind of player Manu is: a star just as Tony.

What Tony did these last couples of games (and many more games where Tim and/or Manu were out) and what Gino did in those games (and many more also) just proves why this team is so good. We have three players that can be franchise players in other teams (maybe not good enough to lead a team to a championship but franchise players at least).

Ocotillo
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
He is looking like a max contract player.

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 10:41 AM
This is and will always be Duncan's team as long as he is around. You can't go anywhere in the playoffs without Timmy. Parker knows this, Ginobili knows this, and Pop knows this. There is no coincidence that analyst just 3 weeks ago stated that Duncan is still the player that gives his team the best chance to win the Championship. This is all because of the defense, the slow it down post game needed in the playoffs, his leadership, and his heart. Parker is looking great, but imagine what he'd look like if he played like this for 82 games... look at Joe Johnson

TDMVPDPOY
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
This is and will always be Duncan's team as long as he is around. You can't go anywhere in the playoffs without Timmy. Parker knows this, Ginobili knows this, and Pop knows this. There is no coincidence that analyst just 3 weeks ago stated that Duncan is still the player that gives his team the best chance to win the Championship. This is all because of the defense, the slow it down post game needed in the playoffs, his leadership, and his heart. Parker is looking great, but imagine what he'd look like if he played like this for 82 games... look at Joe Johnson

we go as far TD can carry us in the reg season/playoffs...

dont bring up joe johnson who is OVERRATED......GINOBOLI torched his ass in every encounter and it aint worth discussing....

Muser
02-26-2009, 11:01 AM
People comparing Parker to The Admiral. :lmao

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
TP is amazing but to say this is his team just because he played back 2 back great games is asinine. The Spurs will be Duncan's team until he retires and if you don't agree you are an idiot.

Without Timmy the Spurs would have 0 rings.....

Agloco
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Get back to me when those teams have gentlemen named James, Bryant or Garnett on their payrolls.

Agloco
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM

Kidd? fo.

suck on that shit....

Pass the microscope asshole.

Still waiting for a classic Finley knob-slobbing thread......

SequSpur
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Pass the microscope asshole.

Still waiting for a classic Finley knob-slobbing thread......

:blah

George.W.Bush
02-26-2009, 08:03 PM
short people are funny

jaffies
02-27-2009, 11:33 PM
bump

word
02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Another book in the bin....

Josepatches_
02-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Stats are not the only important.TD is the franchise player because all the defense and offense of the team is made around him.
But anyway see next.

Individual leaders of the team:

Scoring: TD 20.7 ppg
Rebounds: TD 10.7 rpg
Blocks: TD 1.9 bpg
FG%: TD 51.8 %

So who is the franchise player?

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Stats are not the only important.TD is the franchise player because all the defense and offense of the team is made around him.
But anyway see next.

Individual leaders of the team:

Scoring: TD 20.7 ppg
Rebounds: TD 10.7 rpg
Blocks: TD 1.9 bpg
FG%: TD 51.8 %

So who is the franchise player?
tp,manu and duncan

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I seen duncan have worse games then tp did tonight
also how many games has td put up those monster numbers tp did without any allstars

Solid D
02-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Can't play good every night.

(Is that a good take?)

Sigz
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Uh he's probably tired dickheads.

Solid D
02-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Nothing a good night's rest won't cure.

mystargtr34
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
also how many games has td put up those monster numbers tp did without any allstars

Theres about 250 or so games where he averaged about 25-13-4-3 during the prime of his career, playing with a young TP and Manu, and an old D-Rob.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Duncan averaged 25 PPG, 15 RPG, 5 APG, 3 BPG in the 2003 playoffs, where he carried our team full of role players around him..

MaNuMaNiAc
02-28-2009, 08:05 AM

ok, now you're going too far ducks. I love TP, but the man can't even smell Tim Duncan's boxer shorts when it comes to what being a franchise player is all about. Stop trying to sell your "This is Tp's team now" bullshit. This is still Duncan's team both defensively and offensively. We're all incredibly impressed with how Parker has handled being without Tim and Manu, but some of you love to get carried away.

Josepatches_
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
tp,manu and duncan

You can't be serious.

Ask TP who is the franchise player.Or Pop.

TD is the man.Close the thread.

Taking it to the Hole
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I hardly think TP or even Manu for that matter have ever reached the peak of consistency that TD is. You can't call yourself a franchise player until you do it every night, season after season, TP & Manu haven't done that, nor do they want to. Who would want that burden every night? Only Tim wants it and only Tim can handle it. I agree, that after Manu and TD are retired, TP might still be producing and may have to be the franchise player then, but until then, it is not going to happen.

WalterBenitez
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Tim Duncan is the only Super Star in this team, Manu and TP are Star ... if we gonna give them categories ...

ducks
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
ok, now you're going too far ducks. I love TP, but the man can't even smell Tim Duncan's boxer shorts when it comes to what being a franchise player is all about. Stop trying to sell your "This is Tp's team now" bullshit. This is still Duncan's team both defensively and offensively. We're all incredibly impressed with how Parker has handled being without Tim and Manu, but some of you love to get carried away.

you are underestimating tp
the second best point guard in the whole nba

TDfan2007
02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
you are underestimating tp
the second best point guard in the whole nba

Nobody is underestimating Tony. I for one am glad that he's on our side, but to say he's the franchise player is BEYOND stupid. This team has been Tim's team since 2003 and will continue to be his team until the day Tim retires. He's our best defensive player and best scorer. More importantly, Tim instills confidence in everyone he plays with. He always gives the ball to the open man and never forces things.

That's why when Tony and Manu were out, Tim didn't go nuts statistically, but we still went 5-2. Tim is a top 10 player of all time and Tony is a top 3 PG right now. This discussion about who is our franchise player shouldn't even occur.

DAF86
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Nobody is underestimating Tony. I for one am glad that he's on our side, but to say he's the franchise player is BEYOND stupid. This team has been Tim's team since 2003 and will continue to be his team until the day Tim retires. He's our best defensive player and best scorer. More importantly, Tim instills confidence in everyone he plays with. He always gives the ball to the open man and never forces things.

That's why when Tony and Manu were out, Tim didn't go nuts statistically, but we still went 5-2. Tim is a top 10 player of all time and Tony is a top 3 PG right now. This discussion about who is our franchise player shouldn't even occur.

I think this has been Tim's team for a little longer than that.

smeagol
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
ducks and sequ are clueless.

What the fuck else is new . . . ?

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
I hardly think TP or even Manu for that matter have ever reached the peak of consistency that TD is. You can't call yourself a franchise player until you do it every night, season after season, TP & Manu haven't done that, nor do they want to. Who would want that burden every night? Only Tim wants it and only Tim can handle it. I agree, that after Manu and TD are retired, TP might still be producing and may have to be the franchise player then, but until then, it is not going to happen.

You are 100% correct!:wakeup

timaios
02-28-2009, 07:03 PM

+1

ducks
02-28-2009, 11:27 PM

who says you are qualified to say such things?

mystargtr34
03-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Having a clue qualifies him to say that.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-01-2009, 04:09 AM
who says you are qualified to say such things?

since when do you need qualifications to recognize common sense? or lack there of in your case.

mattyc
03-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Just want to reiterate that I'm happier to have Tony Parker than Jason Kidd.

raspsa
03-01-2009, 06:20 AM
TD impacts the game in so many ways compared to Parker. Rebounds, defense, offense, assists and in general t5he ability to make everyone around him so much better, he's exceptional. Parker's primary contribution is offense. He's making an effort to get others involved, he's able to play good defense most of the time But his overall value to the team can't match Timmy's.

KidCongo
03-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Tony is no Franchise PG.

romain.star
03-01-2009, 07:17 AM
current 2nd (or 3rd) best PG <<<< best PF ever and top 10 NBA player ever

InK
03-01-2009, 10:19 AM
current 2nd (or 3rd) best PG <<<< best PF ever and top 10 NBA player ever

Seems kinda plausible.

SequSpur
11-14-2009, 11:24 AM