PDA

View Full Version : Props to Oberto play

Flux451
02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I was extremely happy with Obertos effort. I forgot how tough he can be defensively. It brought memories of last year. He harrassed Dirk well. He looked fired up! I was impressed with the rotation of the big men. He fit in nicely.

Ditty
02-25-2009, 12:50 PM
i thought scola was out there

Flux451
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree. The team as a whole was everywhere defensively. I don't remember the last time I have seen the team bouncing around like chihuahuas when they hear the mailman.

Manufan909
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah there were fighting. It suck that players need to lose their superstar to play all out, but that's just the way it is. If KT rebounded like that with Timmy on, he might not avg a double-double!!!:hat

manubili
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Fabri got bowenish guarding Dirk. Impressive.

crc21209
02-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I've always liked Fab, thats why I was kinda upset some ppl around here deemed him "done" and couldnt contribute to the team anymore. Sure, he's not the most athletic guy out there or gonna wow you in any one way, but he gets the job done, just like he did in 07'. He just has a nack for the game. He can board, knock balls out for 2nd chance boards, put back buckets, set screens, he just always seems to be in the right place at the right time, hes a good fit for this team. Props to Fab :toast

Manufan909
02-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Hope he can play the D on Gasol like he did on Dirk, and totally take him out of his game, so Tim can worry about Bynum.

Dex
02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Nice to just see some solid minutes out of Fab. As deep as he was buried on the bench, I was starting to wonder if the ol' caveman had anything left.

superbigtime
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Fab was tremendous, even though it doesn't show in the box score. Offensively, he had the telepathy thing going with Tony early, and he made some nice passes and plays. Defensively...he may not have played this well since the Cleveland series. Great game Fab.

BestPFInTheGame21
02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree. why is Fab in Pops doghouse BTW?

Austin_Toros
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Needs to be starting, bring Bonner off the bench....we get better on D in the paint and a scorer comming off the bench.

no way.
if anything, Kurt Thomas should start.

Spursmania
02-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Fabby rocked last night. At the game I couldn't help but remember how solid he was when the Spurs won a couple of those championships (vs. Detroit and Cavs). He knows where to be-that's bball intuition. Congrats for a great game Fabricio-now back it up and kick some ass tonight as well!

duncan228
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
At the game I couldn't help but remember how solid he was when the Spurs won a couple of those championships (vs. Detroit and Cavs).

Oberto wasn't with the Spurs for the '05 Championship.

Spursmania
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I'd like to point out that I just haven't seen FAB defend the LA bigs that well. Is it because he hasn't gotten the chance this season or is he too slow and that's why we are so desperate for another big?

Really duncan 228=I thought he was-my bad...

thispego
02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I was extremely happy with Obertos effort. I forgot how tough he can be defensively. It brought memories of last year. He harrassed Dirk well. He looked fired up! I was impressed with the rotation of the big men. He fit in nicely.

of course, why wuld you be any different from any other spurs fan on this message board? you people forget contributions made 2 games ago let alone 2 playoffs ago :rolleyes

duncan228
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Really duncan 228=I thought he was-my bad...

It's all good.

Manufan909
02-25-2009, 03:49 PM
If Bonner can't handle Joel P, I wonder if Fab will be able to.

bigfan
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Wonder how his bad ticker is getting along? I worry about that, esp with tall players.

Nathan Explosion
02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
of course, why wuld you be any different from any other spurs fan on this message board? you people forget contributions made 2 games ago let alone 2 playoffs ago :rolleyes

Could you come off sounding anymore like an asshole?

At least the other guy handled it much better than you?

Just saying.

duncan228
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Part of the Duncan announcment.

The Spurs also announced that center Fabricio Oberto suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left thumb Tuesday. He will be fitted with a splint and play against Portland.

Fermixalot
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
I've always liked Fab, thats why I was kinda upset some ppl around here deemed him "done" and couldnt contribute to the team anymore. Sure, he's not the most athletic guy out there or gonna wow you in any one way, but he gets the job done, just like he did in 07'. He just has a nack for the game. He can board, knock balls out for 2nd chance boards, put back buckets, set screens, he just always seems to be in the right place at the right time, hes a good fit for this team. Props to Fab :toast

that's what i've always said. he has ridiculous bball iq and plays well with tim. I've always liked him.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-25-2009, 06:16 PM
I am glad to see him out there. His basketball IQ is much chronicled but I have always loved his willingness to mix it up. He'll bust you in the chops, get right on top of you and generally be a nuisance. He may not be the most athletic guy out there but he is big and will do whatver it takes to win.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
I made a thread last week, saying Oberto should start..I stick by it..while Kurt is better, and so is Matt, starting Oberto might give him a confidence boost to elevate his game..it looks like we're going to need Fab in the playoffs, so it's going to be big for us..

Oberto can be a very effective defender when he's on his game, because he annoys the hell out of others..he's a great flopper..he plays D like Vlade Divac used to play D, which is why I would have him guarding Bynum in the playoffs, so he can get under his skin..it wouldn't work against Gasol, since Pau is arguably the biggest flopper in the NBA..

superbigtime
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Apparently, he played so well that he broke his thumb. His left thumb which I believe is his non shooting hand. Reportedly he is playing tonight. go Fab.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 06:58 PM
another positive is that Fab actually WANTED TO SHOOT last night..at the beginning of the season, I made a thread complaining about his lack of shooting..he would never even make himself out to be a threat to score..he's actually a good finisher, so it's good to see him looking to score off passes..

he just needs to play to his strengths..he's one of the best passing big men in the NBA, he's a pretty good finisher with nice touch, and he's a great flopper..

thispego
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Could you come off sounding anymore like an asshole?

At least the other guy handled it much better than you?

Just saying.

what the fuck ARE you saying?

Nathan Explosion
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
what the fuck ARE you saying?

Could you not read? I think my post was pretty self explanitory.

thispego
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
what other guy? i'm just pointing out that all you dumbasses have the memory and basketball knowledge of a baby. first it was how bonner sucks, now it is that oberto sucks and has always sucked. not my fault that you and most other spurs fans are retarded.

West Coast Spur
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
He has looked god so far tonight as well. Stepping up big

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Oberto is back to being Oberto..he causes lil' ugly Steve Blake to throw a punch at him..

that's the thing to watch with Fab..if he's pissing the other team off, then he's doing his job..

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I made a thread last week, saying Oberto should start..I stick by it..while Kurt is better, and so is Matt, starting Oberto might give him a confidence boost to elevate his game..it looks like we're going to need Fab in the playoffs, so it's going to be big for us..

Oberto can be a very effective defender when he's on his game, because he annoys the hell out of others..he's a great flopper..he plays D like Vlade Divac used to play D, which is why I would have him guarding Bynum in the playoffs, so he can get under his skin..it wouldn't work against Gasol, since Pau is arguably the biggest flopper in the NBA..

He owned Gasol in Europe, from what I've heard. I think he knows Gasols tendencies out of any big in the league besides Scola.

The Truth #6
02-26-2009, 02:28 PM

Oberto is a unique player. He could be the best passing big man in the league but because he doesn't get huge stats, and flops, and plays dirty/annoying, he won't get the same kind of respect as, say, Shaq for being a "great passer".

Good to see Oberto is back on his game. I can't imagine any non-Spurs fans will be excited to see him pulling his crafty/dirty tricks, but for Spurs fans its awesome.

Yes, it's hypocritical to celebrate Oberto for this but at least he's playing to his full potential this way. When stars like Chris Paul flop it's annoying because they shouldn't need to play that way given how much talent they already have.

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
what other guy? i'm just pointing out that all you dumbasses have the memory and basketball knowledge of a baby. first it was how bonner sucks, now it is that oberto sucks and has always sucked. not my fault that you and most other spurs fans are retarded.

Duncan228 idiot. If you look carefully she corrected him around the same time you did but was actually civilized about it(though I expect no less from her).

Plus, you are a jackass, AND wrong. Spurs fans in general know he can play better than he did to start this season, that's why we ragged on him, we know he can play better. To no fault of his own, with him not being conditioned because of his recurring heart problem. The Fab against the Mavs and Blazers is the Fab we all know and love, getting a decent # rebounds, easy buckets, VERY solid man D, supremem knowledge of where to be, making opponents lose their cool(always brings a smile to my face, since Fab is the only Spurs who does that with any consistency, after Bowen).

And he isn't a huge flopper, unless you consider getting elbowed and falling to be a flop. I refer to it as accenuated contact. Otherwise, the refs can easily miss fouls the O players make.

P.S. 228, we all(even SK), after a long discussion:meeting:, hope you get to see Duncan on fire against LAC!!! It's the least you deserve for being so awesome.
:worthy::flag::clap::gpower:clap:flag::worthy:

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
there's nothing wrong with cheering for flopping..that's the NBA now..

look at the NBA champs..Paul Pierce is arguably the biggest offensive flopper in the NBA, he does it on virtually every play..

the Lakers have Gasol, who is the biggest flopper in the NBA..he flails his arms on offense, he has the verbal flop going(where he screams on every play), he flops on rebounds all the time..

not to mention Derek Fisher and Vujacic..

the Cavs have Varajeo out there..

thispego
02-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Duncan228 idiot. If you look carefully she corrected him around the same time you did but was actually civilized about it(though I expect no less from her).

Plus, you are a jackass, AND wrong. Spurs fans in general know he can play better than he did to start this season, that's why we ragged on him, we know he can play better. To no fault of his own, with him not being conditioned because of his recurring heart problem. The Fab against the Mavs and Blazers is the Fab we all know and love, getting a decent # rebounds, easy buckets, VERY solid man D, supremem knowledge of where to be, making opponents lose their cool(always brings a smile to my face, since Fab is the only Spurs who does that with any consistency, after Bowen).

And he isn't a huge flopper, unless you consider getting elbowed and falling to be a flop. I refer to it as accenuated contact. Otherwise, the refs can easily miss fouls the O players make.

P.S. 228, we all(even SK), after a long discussion:meeting:, hope you get to see Duncan on fire against LAC!!! It's the least you deserve for being so awesome.
:worthy::flag::clap::gpower:clap:flag::worthy:

pffft moron. i was not talking to the dumbass who thought oberto played for the spurs in 2005.

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 07:30 PM
pffft moron. i was not talking to the dumbass who thought oberto played for the spurs in 2005.

Pffft, you are still an asshole.:rolleyes

thispego
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
the only reason i seem like an asshole to you is because you are as retarded as the rest of them. really i'm just trying to help.

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd call you a retard, but that would be an insult to retards everywhere.