PDA

View Full Version : Biggest pull of the year caught on video - Razor Oval Office

alamo50
02-25-2009, 04:41 PM
By Brandon Caballero
2/24/2009 8:49:29 AM

Anthony Petrello, a 22-year-old college student from the Cleveland area, recently pulled the card of a lifetime out of a pricey pack of Razor Oval Office trading cards. Here’s his story …

http://beta.beckett.com/imageserver/imageserver.aspx?u=45f0fa42-1ccf-4356-a599-e4d2c648a94b&f=Picture-144.jpg

I am an average collector. When I do buy products, it’s usually more high-end boxes just for the thrill of pulling "The Hit.” Before today, my best pull was a Marshawn Lynch rookie card from UD Premier. I am a huge Cleveland sports fan and know this is the Cavaliers’ year. I purchased Razor Oval Office after reading and studying about the product. I became somewhat obsessed with forums, who was pulling what, and how I could go about owning a box. After I had seen others busting on YouTube, and cards starting to show up on eBay, I located three possible contenders for who would get my business.

As I clicked submit on PayPal to Bigt’s Sportscards, all I was thinking was Abe and George. In fact, I had been thinking about that card since the first time I looked at the checklist and tried to imagine my reactions as I were to open the box and see it, where I would disperse the money... School? A new car? After I had realized how much I spent, I began calling texting and sending IMs to people asking if they wanted in on my box for a percentage of the profits. (That’s me already assuming this box was making money.) Thursday finally came ... I had yet to tell my parents or girlfriend of how dumb I truly was.

After it had arrived, I rushed home and ran downstairs broke out the camera and prepared myself. Before I opened the box I knew the only dual Lincoln card is blue, with George Washington. So I opened the box, heart pounding, not even knowing what I would pull. For all I knew I could get a George Bush. I took the velour bag off the card and what did I see but an upside down Abe Lincoln picture. But wait, this card is BLUE. I KNOW WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE, GEORGE WASHINGTON! I freaked! I finished the video ran upstairs explained to my parents what the hell just happened and called anyone I could.

A few of my friends advised me to call Beckett. I called Dave at Beckett Select Auctions, and I agreed to start it at $10K with no reserve. I knew having Beckett’s name on the auction would do much better than me doing it myself, and I wouldn’t have to mess with all the offers & stuff. Now I am here waiting for the outcome of what this card is truly worth.

If I could do this all over again, I may have said to myself “What are you doing?” and completely forgot about the idea. But for some reason I had this desire to bust this. On Wednesday, as I waited for the box I thought about if I should even open it and maybe I should just resell it on eBay and take the small loss. I believe in karma and I believe everything happens for a reason. This was meant to be, and it’s weird to say I am holding not only one of the rarest cards ever but some American history. Two of our greatest presidents signed documents and I own them... weird. A weird side note, this box was busted on Abe's Birthday! And now as it turns out, the auction begins on Washington’s birthday! Karma?

The auction ends 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 1. Click here to see the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&adtype=3&item=300295132722

Click here for the YouTube vid: http://beta.beckett.com/group/476738/?tab=tabArticles&p=554487&utm_source=022509hobbyemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top%20Story#ViewArticle

JoeChalupa
02-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I never even knew those cards existed.

Blue Jew
02-25-2009, 04:59 PM
The card has flaws in some of the corners and looks like it's not in gem mint condition. How come Beckett didn't give it a grade?

BacktoBasics
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
No reason for Beckett to risk devaluing a seriously rare card with a grade.

I've never heard of those types of card. I wonder what the box cost him.

LockBeard
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Those are the real deal signatures? :wow:wow:wow

I would not sell that.

violentkitten
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I am an average collector.

rofl.

Bigzax
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
return of the legend!

alamo50
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
i wonder what the box cost him.

BacktoBasics
02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
2kHoly crap. I cringe at 200 dollar boxes.

Horn Tooter
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
How did I miss this topic?

Pistons < Spurs
02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Good for him ... but seriously, President trading cards????

IceColdBrewski
02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
This dude should be the poster boy for trading card addiction denial.

MiamiHeat
02-26-2009, 02:40 AM
ok, there are president trading cards?

what the fuck?

this is like the time one of those amazonian indians wandered into New York City.

I will admit though, that is interesting. I would actually like to own a card like that because it's a real authentic piece of paper signed by them, not just some replica. that's amazing

Slydragon
02-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Crazy it even made it out as rare as that is, you know someone had to make the cards and could of somehow given good info to a friend like what box to look for or something.

So what do the other boxes have?

*opens box*

AH-Shit double Bush. Thought I would never say that but damn I could have bought waaaaaay better Bush for 2k

MiamiHeat
02-26-2009, 03:12 AM
i wonder why the US government is even allowing George Washington's authentic paperwork to be sold off as trading cards. it's over 210 years old

can someone please explain to me how someone gets an authentic George Washington paper to cut signature's from?

i realize president's must sign 100000000 documents while president, but still....

mouse
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Maybe you should collect some Evolution cards you could one day pull a Darwin auto.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
this is like the time one of those amazonian indians wandered into New York City.

Boy was that dude lost!

alamo50
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
The card has been sold for $16,200.
It ended with over 1,750 watchers, and 13,000 page views on eBay.

:wow