PDA

View Full Version : The Softest Backcourt in the Nba

Red Hawk #21
02-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Its become obvious to me that Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby are the softest backcourt in the whole Nba. These guys pretty much define the term "Settling for Jumpers". Bibby is not the same player he once was so I don't expect him to drive too much but Joe on the other hand is very disappointing at times. Dude is 6'7 but he plays like he is 5'10, he always settles for jumpers, he goes hard and dunks the ball about once or twice a season. Even when Joe is in a shooting slump, this guy will not make an attempt to drive or get to the rim. :bang. There is not another backcourt in this league that is as soft as Bibby and Joe Johnson. :downspin:

And Oh yeah, Smoove has some of the lowest B-Ball Iq ever, Marvin is a mediocre player, Horford seriously needs to develop a post game, and Flip Murray can be fucking detrimental to the team at times. Also the man in my avatar was supposed to give us a lift but he hasn't played all season.

To make a long story short = The Atlanta Hawks Suck Major Ass. :bang. Please if you know another soft backcourt please let me know about them so I can feel a little better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-25-2009, 06:40 PM
CJ Watson and Jamal Crawford just called.......they feel they've been robbed of this title.

Shank
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Shit, at least your backcourt can score.

mogrovejo
02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Humm.... what about Kobe and Fisher?

Yeah, Joe Johnson settles for a lot for jumpers: they amount to 80% of his shots. But Kobe's shot-selection isn't much different - 78% of his shots are jumpers. It's truly amazing the amount of fouls Kobe draws when he barely drives to the hoop anymore and that's a big difference between Kobe and JJ. Actually, Kobe is shooting more FTs than inside shots - an unheard and quite strange fact in the history of the league. Oh well, good for him. Fisher is also a jump-shooter. So I'd say things are pretty balanced.

As for the Hawks, they need a different PG. Bibby has been better than I expected (in terms of health and productivity), but they need a different kind of PG, a guy with a better notion on how to run the team, even if with less ability to score and make plays for others.

Red Hawk #21
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Humm.... what about Kobe and Fisher?

Yeah, Joe Johnson sets a lot for jumpers: they amount to 80% of his shots. But Kobe's shot-selection isn't much different - 78% of his shots are jumpers. It's truly amazing the amount of fouls Kobe draws when he barely drives to the hoop anymore and that's a big difference between Kobe and JJ. Actually, Kobe is shooting more FTs than inside shots - an unheard and quite strange fact in the history of the league. Oh well, good for him. Fisher is also a jump-shooter. So I'd say things are pretty balanced.

As for the Hawks, they need a different PG. Bibby has been better than I expected (in terms of health and productivity), but they need a different kind of PG, a guy with a better notion on how to run the team, even if with less ability to score and make plays for others.

The man in my avatar is exactly that kind of player, :bang

Darthkiller
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
nash barbosa

mogrovejo
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
The man in my avatar is exactly that kind of player, :bang

Hmmm... if he was healthy and a couple of years younger, then he'd be a solution. You'd probably need another head coach in that case, Claxton can't function on half-court sets.

Unholy Turkey
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.bboke.cn/photo/mdvirgin.jpg

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/-arton20841.jpg

R.I.P.

vicphoenix13
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
nash barbosa

How can you call Nash soft? He is one of the league leaders in charges drawn. Despite having a reoccuring spine injury, Nash has played an average of 75 games a season.

BUMP
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Bibby almost beat the Lakers with little help in game 7 of 2002, so he gets a lifetime pass of being soft, plus he's always been a jumpshooter really.

Chomag
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
How can you call Nash soft? He is one of the league leaders in charges drawn. Despite having a reoccuring spine injury, Nash has played an average of 75 games a season.

Floping to draw fouls and flying 50 feet back-wards when a player barley has contact with you really doesn't = tuff... sorry

Kai
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Damn it Joe Johnson. You gotta take that last shot. Denver squeaks by with a 1 point win.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Listen, I really wouldn't care if Nash was traded, I'd actually be happy, but one thing the guy ISN'T is soft. Plays through a bunch of injuries, absorbs contact extremely well for his size, he is not soft.

Ginobili flops, but I wouldn't call him soft, he's one of the toughest players in basketball as much as I can't stand him.