PDA

View Full Version : Tim and manu out.? Hmm I wonder why

spurspokesman
02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Im chuckling at tim being out and manu being out. Im truly getting the possum feeling. While i truly believe both of them may be aching I think it is all A possum act in preparation for A deep playoff run. With Tim out pop can look at pops closer while seeing what he can do without tim in the paint. (Pops seems to be that around the rim guy we need when tim is on the bench. Where hell be tonight.)And while ginobilli gets fresh some of the guards that dont see the floor much our getting gauged to see if theyll be worth A blow come PO time. I still think we got A shot. And I ll never count A team coached by pop and run by tim out. (Especially with the No 9 and 20 attached to em.) This is my gut feeling.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't think that's the case, but IT'S ALL a plan..

I believe they're both legitimately injured, but I think it's pretty clear that Pop has reached a new level in lack of care for the regular season..he sat out the big 3 against a team we're competing with for the 2nd seed..he's been experimenting with our rotation all year long..he's been giving minutes to players like Tolliver, Farmer, and Hairston(even Hill's minutes have been a little unexpected), which is something you don't often see from Pop..he's also lessened Bowen's minutes for the playoffs, even though it has hurt our D..

everything Pop does has a plan behind it..

crc21209
02-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah I believe that because of what happened last year especially that this yr Pop is being the most cautious he's ever been and also at the same time experimenting with lineups.

xtremesteven33
02-25-2009, 07:00 PM
That was my feeling the whole time. Ever since Manu went down with an injury i had a hard time believing it.

I get the feeling its just them conserving evergy and health for later in the season.

or it could be legit.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't think that the team is lying about the seriousness of the injuries, that would be strange..they're probably just being cautious..

SouthTexasRancher
02-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Pop is not one you want to play poker with. He is one sly cat!

With a 2 game lead on Denver and little chance of catching LA, then resting Tim's leg/muscle/knee/??? makes sense. We do not need a less than healthy Tim & Manu come playoff time. Besides after last night I'm sure Pop wants to see if this group can do it again against another contender.

But, I'm sure Pop drives the idiot Stern totally nuts which suits me just fine!

SpursDynasty
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
CIA Pop

mavs>spurs2
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Pop is not one you want to play poker with. He is one sly cat!

With a 2 game lead on Denver and little chance of catching LA, then resting Tim's leg/muscle/knee/??? makes sense. We do not need a less than healthy Tim & Manu come playoff time. Besides after last night I'm sure Pop wants to see if this group can do it again against another contender.

But, I'm sure Pop drives the idiot Stern totally nuts which suits me just fine!

Who is the chick in your sig? :wow

timvp
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Fail thread. Duncan informed Pop that he wasn't able to go. Ginobili is legitimately injured. Chuckling at the state of the Spurs as if this is all going as planned is either naive or stupid.

Russ
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
In neither case was there an in-game injury to be witnessed by all (or even a report of an injury during practice).

In the past, when either Manu or Tim have been seriously injured, it was obvious -- you got to see (very clearly) why.

I'll take that as a good sign, for what it's worth.

spurspokesman
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Fail thread. Duncan informed Pop that he wasn't able to go. Ginobili is legitimately injured. Chuckling at the state of the Spurs as if this is all going as planned is either naive or stupid.
Ha I watched tim at the garden and I watched ginobilli before the ASB. Wouldnt have known. Thank you.

honestfool84
02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
CWILhrSzw5o

Dingle Barry
02-25-2009, 09:44 PM
CWILhrSzw5o

Beat me to it :depressed

DAF86
02-25-2009, 10:21 PM
CWILhrSzw5o

You'd have put the entire thing, that scene kicks ass! Ledger's Joker is one of the best movie interpretations ever.

TMTTRIO
02-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Let me ask this. If we continue playing this well would you just
rest and keep Manu out until the playoffs (even though he would probably kill himself if he had to be out
that long)

Spur|n|Austin
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
rest and keep Manu out until the playoffs (even though he would probably kill himself if he had to be out
that long)

No simply because I don't think it's a good idea to just throw Manu back into it cold, especially in the playoffs. He's even said it himself that he's most disappointed about getting re injured for the reason that he had just been getting back into his rhythm.

peskypesky
02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't think that's the case, but IT'S ALL a plan..

I believe they're both legitimately injured, but I think it's pretty clear that Pop has reached a new level in lack of care for the regular season..he sat out the big 3 against a team we're competing with for the 2nd seed..he's been experimenting with our rotation all year long..he's been giving minutes to players like Tolliver, Farmer, and Hairston(even Hill's minutes have been a little unexpected), which is something you don't often see from Pop..he's also lessened Bowen's minutes for the playoffs, even though it has hurt our D..

everything Pop does has a plan behind it..

i think pop knows we don't have a chance to catch LA. and he knows we can beat any other team in the west even without home court, so i think he's going to be very conservative and protective of manu and tim. he needs them healthy in the playoffs. cause if they're healthy, we can take any team anywhere.

DespЏrado
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
that long)

Hell no- they still have to be in game shape, and working well together as a team, which is why these are legit injuries. Sure I would love to believe that this is just CIA - but for all of the hub-a-loo about pop being secretive, we have never actually seen something like a secret plan actually come to fruition. Except with trades and draft picks that are kept locked down, Pop has never been anything more than a what you see is what you get kind of coach. His whole philosophy is about simple hard work and making the effort over the long term.

Thomas82
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
i think pop knows we don't have a chance to catch LA. and he knows we can beat any other team in the west even without home court, so i think he's going to be very conservative and protective of manu and tim. he needs them healthy in the playoffs. cause if they're healthy, we can take any team anywhere.

And if we can keep winning without them, no need to rush them back.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I want to rest Manu too, but he has to come back at some point to get in a rhythm..it took him a little while to get into the form he was playing at before his injury, which was the dominant Manu..

spurspokesman
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I want to rest Manu too, but he has to come back at some point to get in a rhythm..it took him a little while to get into the form he was playing at before his injury, which was the dominant Manu..
You have A point.

MoSpur
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread, but c'mon. Would Pop put Parker through all these minutes and risk injuring him? I doubt it. Parker has taken on a way bigger load since Tim and Manu have been out.

TMTTRIO
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
We're doing just fine without Manu so far so I'd say sit him out and rest him until the last four or five games of the season. Tony's young and can handle carrying the team like he has.

timaios
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
We're doing just fine without Manu so far so I'd say sit him out and rest him until the last four or five games of the season. Tony's young and can handle carrying the team like he has.

You understand that a basketball player needs rhythm.
So you don't play Manu for 2 months and just like that he will be a beast in 4-5 games...
Seriously ?

smeagol
02-26-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm going with stupid . . .

Man In Black
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Given a choice...

I'd rather be a 6th seed with all Spurs players 100% healthy than a 2 seed with some Spurs players only 75% healthy.

THAT IS ALL.

Brazil
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
We should finish the season with 2 of the big 3 benched at every game, one the big 3 run the show and the other 2 watch. lol

spurspokesman
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
We should finish the season with 2 of the big 3 benched at every game, one the big 3 run the show and the other 2 watch. lol
Yeah it seems that way this season. Im waiting for them to play great together.