PDA

View Full Version : How is Brandon Roy an All-Star?

SpursDynasty
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
So as I stated and predicted, the Blazers lost and Brandon Roy failed to score at least 15 points tonight. Haha Brandon Roy, now what? Tonight proves that Portland's win over us at the beginning of the season was BS and a fluke. Finley should have hit that shot.

Anyway, just because Brandon Roy can make shots vs junk teams, that makes him an All-Star?

Portland tonight = fail

stretch
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
hi jeff

did you watch the game at buffalo wild wings tonight? how have those gigs been treatin ya?

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
So as I stated and predicted, the Blazers lost and Brandon Roy failed to score at least 15 points tonight. Haha Brandon Roy, now what? Tonight proves that Portland's win over us at the beginning of the season was BS and a fluke. Finley should have hit that shot.

Anyway, just because Brandon Roy can make shots vs junk teams, that makes him an All-Star?

Portland tonight = fail

No one else in the West deserved it over him.

sook
02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Brandon Roy is a stud i can't believe we didn't draft him , he was only a few picks higher

Lars
02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
No one else in the West deserved it over him.

Jefferson/Durant

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Jefferson/Durant

Not really. Roy is having better seasons than both and plays for a winning team. Plus, Roy is a guard while they are forwards.

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Jefferson/Durant deserved it over West, not Roy.

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Jefferson/Durant deserved it over West, not Roy.

Agree. West is just a solid player.

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Jefferson is having a better season than Dirk.

RedsLakers24
02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
i pick deron over him

ElNono
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
DWill definitely over Roy

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:04 AM
i pick deron over him

Not quite. Roy is having a great season. Plus, 3 PGs were already picked with Paul, Parker, and Billups. I would ahve picked Williams over Billups.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
The backups should have been Jefferson, Dirk, Gasol, Parker, Roy, Williams, and Shaq

j-money24
02-26-2009, 12:15 AM
williams is the most underrated player in the nba.
hes the best or 2nd best pg in the league.
IMO, hes the best in my books.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:30 AM
williams is the most underrated player in the nba.
hes the best or 2nd best pg in the league.
IMO, hes the best in my books.

I think Parker is more dangerous. But Williams is great. He still doesn't have CP3's basketball IQ, but has better players around him. The Hornets have decent players, but not as good as the Jazz, yet they have a similar record this season and a better record last season. In fact, Parker has a higher basketball IQ than Williams. William is physically gifted, but doesn't have the instincts of Paul and Parker. Honestly, I think CP3 is the second best player in the league behind Lebron.

gaKNOW!blee
02-26-2009, 12:33 AM
I think Parker is more dangerous. But Williams is great. He still doesn't have CP3's basketball IQ, but has better players around him. The Hornets have decent players, but not as good as the Jazz, yet they have a similar record this season and a better record last season. In fact, Parker has a higher basketball IQ than Williams. William is physically gifted, but doesn't have the instincts of Paul and Parker. Honestly, I think CP3 is the second best player in the league behind Lebron.

well that makes you a fuckin retard.

homer.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:37 AM
well that makes you a fuckin retard.

homer.

Numbers don't lie.

Ghazi
02-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Yeah they do, the 2nd best player in the league wouldn't defer to Jannero fucking Pargo in a critical game 7.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah they do, the 2nd best player in the league wouldn't defer to Jannero fucking Pargo in a critical game 7.

Pargo was on fire. It would have been retarded not to give him the ball when he couldn't miss. That's basketball. Chandler, Peja, and West were too ineffective that game to run the pick n roll with Paul so Pargo was the only option. He was getting wide open looks and knocking them down. Get a clue Ghazi. Your knowledge is weak making you basically an ass-clown.

gaKNOW!blee
02-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Numbers don't lie.

if you seriously take cp3(who is great, no doubt) over KOBE BRYANT, the second greatest 2 guard of all time, youre a homer.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:47 AM
if you seriously take cp3(who is great, no doubt) over KOBE BRYANT, the second greatest 2 guard of all time, youre a homer.

Kobe's a great scorer, but that's about it. He doesn't do anything else really well. Doesn't rebound, doesn't get too many assists, and still shoots only at 47% with superior talent on his team. He forces up alot of shots when he doesn't have to. He should be a more efficient player. His overall numbers don't come anywhere close to Jordan's. Kobe maybe the best scorer in the league, but he's not the best overall basketball player. I'm not convinced he's better than Wade.

gaKNOW!blee
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
ill take kobe, his scoring, his all defensive teams and his 4th qtr clutchness over cp3's deferring to pargo ass.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
ill take kobe, his scoring, his all defensive teams and his 4th qtr clutchness over cp3's deferring to pargo ass.

No championships without Shaq and didn't do anything for 3 years until they acquired talent around him. It was a joke how he won MVP last season even though his team was way, way more talented than the Hornets yet only had one more win. CP3 is a wizard on the floor who controls all aspects of the game. Unfortunately, his talent is getting overworked on a team without any other true stars.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Put CP3 on the Spurs and they beat the Lakers. With Duncan and Manu on his side, CP3 would easily control the game. It would be terrifying for his opponents. Plus, the Spurs probably have better 3-point shooters than the Hornets.

Ghazi
02-26-2009, 01:01 AM
God help us all if the NBA has decayed such that the 2nd best player in the league defers to a scrub whose playing overseas in a crucial game 7. God HELP us all.

BUMP
02-26-2009, 01:03 AM
No championships without Shaq and didn't do anything for 3 years until they acquired talent around him. It was a joke how he won MVP last season even though his team was way, way more talented than the Hornets yet only had one more win. CP3 is a wizard on the floor who controls all aspects of the game. Unfortunately, his talent is getting overworked on a team without any other true stars.

Cp3 isnt doing anything with talent around him:lol

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 01:09 AM
God help us all if the NBA has decayed such that the 2nd best player in the league defers to a scrub whose playing overseas in a crucial game 7. God HELP us all.

It's hard to debate with someone with no knowledge because there's no where to start. I never said CP3 was the 2nd best scorer in the league. But he did what he could without his 3 big guns performing. Pargo was the only guy who was putting the ball in the bucket but he was getting his points from CP3.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Cp3 isnt doing anything with talent around him:lol

What talent does he have him around?

iggypop123
02-26-2009, 01:16 AM
he is an all star cause mcgrady has been done the last 2 years

Ghazi
02-26-2009, 01:19 AM
What talent does he have him around?

All Star David West
Double Double Machine/defensive anchor/rebounding expert TC
One of the best shooters in the game in Peja
Savvy 6th man Posey, the new age "Horry"
And role players willing to do the dirty work like Marks, Bowen, Butler, and Armstrong.

And CP3 with this wide array of talent has led his team to a meager 34-22 record. 2nd best player my ass.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 01:28 AM
All Star David West
Double Double Machine/defensive anchor/rebounding expert TC
One of the best shooters in the game in Peja
Savvy 6th man Posey, the new age "Horry"
And role players willing to do the dirty work like Marks, Bowen, Butler, and Armstrong.

And CP3 with this wide array of talent has led his team to a meager 34-22 record. 2nd best player my ass.

You contradict yourself. You just posted how all the "scrubbs" have dropped off from last season yet now you say he has talent around him. WTF? Seriously man, you that misguided?

West statistically is a solid player, but not a star.
Chandler was averaging 8 & 8 before he returned from his injury
Peja's shooting has dropped off dramatically this season
Posey is savy, but that's about it.
Our bench is terrible.
Numerous injuries throughout the starting lineup forcing us to use our terrible bench

You say it yourself all the team. We're a bunch of scrubbs. Now you're saying we have talent. :lol

RedsLakers24
02-26-2009, 01:29 AM
For some reason people say Kobe cant win without Shaq, but Shaq did not win a championship until kobe got there, Shaq wouldnt have won a championship if it wasnt for kobe, both players needed each other to win, you could say the samething about Jordan and Pippen

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 01:32 AM
For some reason people say Kobe cant win without Shaq, but Shaq did not win a championship until kobe got there, Shaq wouldnt have won a championship if it wasnt for kobe, both players needed each other to win, you could say the samething about Jordan and Pippen

Shaq and Kobe arrived in LA at the same time. Kobe's fantastic. No doubt. And he has a great chance to shut up people like me by winning a championship. Everyone needs talent around to win a championship. No way Shaq wins without Wade. Kobe has a great cast him around him this season. Its his time to win a Finals MVP. If he doesn't do it this year, will he still be considered the best in the game?

Ghazi
02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
The Kobe without Shaq argument is dumb. Shaq can't win without Kobe either, and hasn't won without Kobe either. Nobody who knows basketball counts the Cheat championship. Besides, what did Shaq do in that series except shoot a historically woeful FT %? Nothing. Just coattailed the flukish awesomeness of D-Whistle the bitch and the bullshit officiating bias.