PDA

View Full Version : 2005 again?

exstatic
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Huge back to back wins minus Tim. Reminds me of the B2B roadies in APR 2005 against the Clips and GS.

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I want the cavs to lose also

ducks
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
spurs winning without manu and DUNCAN

Chris
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Spurs are deep. Hopefully Pops will get some more playing time on Friday.

duncan228
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
'05 is my favorite Championship, I'd love to see this team respond like that one did.

Dingle Barry
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Huge back to back wins minus Tim. Reminds me of the B2B roadies in APR 2005 against the Clips and GS.

Those were both in OT right?

These were both by double digits against probable playoff teams, which is amazing.

TMTTRIO
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
except that Tim and Manu are getting older and Manu has lost a lot of his hair and powers.

ducks
02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
except that Tim and Manu are getting older and Manu has lost a lot of his hair and powers.

tp has grown alot since 2005

DrHouse
02-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Very impressive wins without Ginobili and Duncan.

The Spurs look like they are kicking things up a notch defensively.

MarHill
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM

I've been impressed with their defense in the last 4 games.

And TP deserve a lot of credit for these last two games...but I'm afraid Friday's game will be a different story without Tim for the 3rd game.

ducks
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
against james who

timvp
02-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Huge back to back wins minus Tim. Reminds me of the B2B roadies in APR 2005 against the Clips and GS.Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Kurt Thomas is starting to blossom like Nazr did back then. That's also when Horry awoke for that year and Bonner is spreading his wings. Parker is playing like ... well, like a better version of the Parker who exploded back in 2005.

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Thanks for the love, man. Lakers/Spurs is gonna be one hell of a WCF...I can see it now. Oh, and I dig the sig bro...Rob gave us more of those than he did you, though. :hat

Spork KIller
02-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Enjoy it while you can King James will bring you up to reality this Friday despite playing back-to-back

Avitus1
02-26-2009, 02:38 AM
I'd love it to be like 05 that was a great year. I'm feeling hopeful again too...

wisnub
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Enjoy it while you can King James will bring you up to reality this Friday despite playing back-to-back

Is it just me or anyone else ever being annoyed with this guy? I mean he never said anything positive and his team is pretty sucks as well now..fact based. Im surprised he didnt get banned for airing those hating message all the time. I got respect for Nash and he really is a positive role model in NBA but fans like these make me change my mind about Suns... Kori really got tons of patience letting this guy posting again and again. We really live in democratic world.

timtonymanu
02-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Is it just me or anyone else ever being annoyed with this guy? I mean he never said anything positive and his team is pretty sucks as well now..fact based. Im surprised he didnt get banned for airing those hating message all the time. I got respect for Nash and he really is a positive role model in NBA but fans like these make me change my mind about Suns... Kori really got tons of patience letting this guy posting again and again. We really live in democratic world.

it may be annoying for you but it's funny for most of ST posters on here including me. that's why Spork KIller is still around. he gets owned everytime he tries to diss the Spurs. it's hilarious.

Chieflion
02-26-2009, 04:25 AM

LeCrab to crab dribble again.

crc21209
02-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Kurt Thomas is starting to blossom like Nazr did back then. That's also when Horry awoke for that year and Bonner is spreading his wings. Parker is playing like ... well, like a better version of the Parker who exploded back in 2005.

Wow I never thought about that but it sounds right on the money.

09' Kurt= 05' Nazr.
09' Bonner= 05' Horry
and well we all remember how Manu took over the 2005 NBA Playoffs AND the Finals, hmmmm maybe Tony can this yr?

One thing is for sure, just because the Spurs are down ONE OR TWO of the Big Three, they will not lay down to anyone. This is a damn good team, and I'm lovin' it. We ALL thought these 2 games were gonna be tough thinkin TD was gonna play, who in the hell would've predicted 2 big somewhat blowout wins with TD AND MANU out.

baseline bum
02-26-2009, 04:34 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ImTomGriffiths/Bateman.jpg

:tu One of the greatest movies ever made.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Also eerily reminiscent of last season's december games against Mavs and Jazz in which Manu exploded, carrying the team on his shoulders.

Nah. I'd prefer the 2005 analogy :)

Spork KIller
02-26-2009, 04:38 AM
:sleep

:cry me a river biatch! :cry

Whisky Dog
02-26-2009, 04:41 AM
It all comes down to how healthy the team is in the playoffs and whether Mason and Hill can step it up a notch or two more in the playoffs to match. If Manu, Parker, Duncan, and Mason are all lighting it up fairly consistently with Thomas, Bonner, Finley, and Oberto playing like these last two games then this team becomes extremely deep with a lot of scoring options and good defensive options as well.

Spork KIller
02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
spurs winning without manu and DUNCAN

and the Blazers without Oden and Webster !!

Whisky Dog
02-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Oden and Webster? Who?

crc21209
02-26-2009, 04:45 AM
and the Blazers without Oden and Webster !!

They dont mean as much to the Blazers as Manu and TD do to the Spurs. TD and Manu are all-star players and have won championships before, Webster hasnt done a thing in his career and Oden hasnt either besides being injury prone. FAILED REPLY.

Spork KIller
02-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Oden and Webster? Who?

Yeah in case you didn't know their first round pick...(damn not even ass kisser tthong can't defend his team?)

HORNSWOGGLE
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/baby.jpg = Spork Killer

Rogue
02-26-2009, 06:54 AM
agreed, but King James will demolish the rockets in the first half of this back-to-back. seeing rockets demolished is very enough for spurs fans to enjoy a lot, despite the result of the game vs. cavs.

vincent
02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
You win Spork KIller,really you win:lobt2:, Yay~

Just give us a break, why are you always a crying whining bitch???
Do you ever have a life instead of spitting around on this Forum? You BIG WINNER!!

Spurs Brazil
02-26-2009, 09:17 AM

That's true. And in the game at Golden State Manu also didn't play

Let's hope we see the same result at the end of the season

Spursmania
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
You win Spork KIller,really you win:lobt2:, Yay~

Just give us a break, why are you always a crying whining bitch???
Do you ever have a life instead of spitting around on this Forum? You BIG WINNER!!

That's damn funny but so true-spork killer, you really need to meditate, take chill pill and relax bro! Geez!

DBMethos
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
This will be the part on the Spurs' 2008-2009 Championship DVD where the Manu and Duncan injuries happen (cue depressing music), then the defense picks up in these last few games, the inspirational music starts and it shows the team starting to turn the corner as it builds momentum for the playoffs.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
This will be the part on the Spurs' 2008-2009 Championship DVD where the Manu and Duncan injuries happen (cue depressing music), then the defense picks up in these last few games, the inspirational music starts and it shows the team starting to turn the corner as it builds momentum for the playoffs.

:tu

TDomination
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I do believe these injuries are a blessing in disguise just like in 2005 when Duncan got hurt.

Hopefully it will end up the same way. And we weren't #1 seed that year either. The suns were.

Agloco
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM

http://www.adhaiku.com/images/dosequis_interesting.jpg NO

Bruno
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Few days ago, Pop complained about the RRT that wasn't a true "road trip" this year. It has hurt the "building the team's character/identity" part that the RRT usually brings.
Manu's and Tim's injury have helped the team to get that identity by putting them in a though situation.

If Spurs have a successful year, this couple of games will surely be seen as a turning point.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
If the Spurs can somehow manage to beat the Cavaliers without Manu and Duncan.....

Ill club a baby seal