PDA

View Full Version : Very odd play in the Blazers game. Anyone else see it?

GSH
02-26-2009, 12:49 AM
I saw Parker do something really odd on the defensive end tonight. I don't remember ever seeing anything just like it. I would like to look at it again, but I didn't set my DVR. So I was wondering if any of you saw it too, or have the game recorded.

It was around the 7 1/2 minute mark of the first quarter. Bonner was out on (Aldridge I think?) near the 3-point circle. Blake circled behind Aldridge like a screen. But instead of coming around the screen, Parker shoved Bonner from behind. That drove Bonner into Aldridge, which pushed Aldridge nearly back into Blake. The weird part was that Parker just kept shoving Bonner (like a football player pushing a blocking sled) instead of releasing and going after Blake. So while Parker was shoving Bonner in the back, Blake rolled into the paint area uncontested.

It looked like Bonner had something to say to Parker after the play, too. I'm not sure what was supposed to happen on that play, or what Parker was doing. If anyone has an explanation, I would love to hear it.

Thompson
02-26-2009, 12:52 AM
It looked like Bonner had something to say to Parker after the play, too. I'm not sure what was supposed to happen on that play, or what Parker was doing. If anyone has an explanation, I would love to hear it.

Oh @#$%, Parker just ticked off the franchise. I didn't see that play, but Bonner did make a lot of great plays tonight.

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Either Tony was pulling a Reggie Bush (ala pushing Matt Leinart a couple of years back for the championship...which was BS and illegal by the way) or he was just trying to move the Red Rocket's big butt out of his way..lol.

GSH
02-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Either Tony was pulling a Reggie Bush (ala pushing Matt Leinart a couple of years back for the championship...which was BS and illegal by the way) or he was just trying to move the Red Rocket's big butt out of his way..lol.

You've seen a defensive lineman shove an offensive lineman back into his own running back? That's what it reminded me of. I just can't remember anyone using that technique on a basketball court.

I wondered if Tony was pissed at Bonner, but I don't know what he expected Bonner to do. It happened so fast, and I couldn't replay it. Maybe I just didn't see what happened. But Bonner didn't seem happy about it afterward.

timvp
02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Just took a look at it. Basically, Bonner wasn't in the right position so TP tried to push him to the right spot and then stumbled into Bonner.

It was a dribble hand off between Blake and Aldridge, which meant Bonner was supposed to show on the outside to allow TP time to catch up to Blake on the other side. Instead, Bonner was on the inside. TP tried to push Bonner to the correct spot but ended up accidentally taking both of them out of the play.

Weird play but it was due to Bonner not recognizing the DHO and shifting position.

GSH
02-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Just took a look at it. Basically, Bonner wasn't in the right position so TP tried to push him to the right spot and then stumbled into Bonner.

It was a dribble hand off between Blake and Aldridge, which meant Bonner was supposed to show on the outside to allow TP time to catch up to Blake on the other side. Instead, Bonner was on the inside. TP tried to push Bonner to the correct spot but ended up accidentally taking both of them out of the play.

Weird play but it was due to Bonner not recognizing the DHO and shifting position.

That makes sense. It just looked so odd I couldn't let go. Thanks. And thanks for taking the time to look.

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 01:52 AM
I know it's totally off subject, but I just saw it on SC and had to mention it. Did anyone notice that the Clips came from behind to beat the Celtics tonight? Wow..just wow. Rondo had a chance to tie it at the end, but he turned the ball over in the last few seconds..just completely lost it.

ancestron
02-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Tony just tryin to help a big man out

Yorae
02-26-2009, 05:26 AM
I thought tony's trying to figure out if bonner's ass is softer than duncan's. :lol

Drachen
02-26-2009, 10:15 AM

This was actually a regular season game against Notre Dame, it was the year the Longhorns won it all. It was actually the second play in a row that was blatently called/not called for the Trojans. They were on the 1 inch line to make that play because the play before, they had fumbled, the ball bounced out of bounds at the 4 1/2 yard line, and the refs spotted the ball at the 1 inch line. Bogus!

rasho8
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I know it's totally off subject, but I just saw it on SC and had to mention it. Did anyone notice that the Clips came from behind to beat the Celtics tonight? Wow..just wow. Rondo had a chance to tie it at the end, but he turned the ball over in the last few seconds..just completely lost it.

Thats not true, they arent mentioning that anywhere on ESPN. The only they are talking about is that a Celtic got arrested for suspicion of DWI.

They clearly couldnt have lost, the Celtics cannot lose. Thats in the contract they have with ESPN.

CubanMustGo
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Thats not true, they arent mentioning that anywhere on ESPN. The only they are talking about is that a Celtic got arrested for suspicion of DWI.

They clearly couldnt have lost, the Celtics cannot lose. Thats in the contract they have with ESPN.

:lol

Celts had something like 21 turnovers. Can you say 'mailing it in expecting the automatic W' ?