PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes

duncan228
02-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090225.html)

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “Tonight was similar to last night. Our team defense was outstanding. The guys reacted to each other really well. They did a fantastic job on the defensive end of the floor.”

On Tony Parker - “He was a super stud. He generated the offense for us and his leadership on the floor was exceptional. He mixed it up really well as the game went on.”

On holding the last two opponents to under 40% shooting - “If we’re going to do anything at the end of the year, we have to improve our defense. The last four games we’ve been the defensive team we’ve been in the past. If we continue that way on the whole, by the playoffs, we’ll be a pretty good team.”

On Danny Ferry and the job he’s done with Cleveland - “He is somebody who has learned very quickly what he has to do in his management role and he’s been outstanding. We hated seeing him go. He’s made great business decisions and he’s made great people decisions. We’re really proud of him.”

George Hill

On the back-to-backs - “I don’t think it was tough I think it was more fun. We have a great team nad a great group of veterans and our coach managed our minutes very well. Earlier today I asked everyone how they were feeling and everyone said they were feeling good.”

On the defense - “That’s what the Spurs are known for and to hold a team to 84 points is just excellent and it started with team defense. Today it showed a great group of team defense.”

On which is more impressive: Tony Parker’s 55 point effort or his back-to-back 30 point performances - “I think it was the back-to-back because we’re kind of one-legged right now missing a couple of our Big Three players. I think tonight was another good performance overall and he showed us how he can carry us and win games.”

On facing Cleveland next - “It’s going to be like any other game, we can’t focus on the player we’ve got to focus on the team. I think Friday we’re going to be amped up to play and try and turn in another great defense game like today.”

Tony Parker

On the game - “I prepared myself today. I drank a lot of water because the other game Pop (Gregg Popovich) told us 40 minutes before that Timmy (Duncan) was not going to play so today I knew he was not going to play so I prepared myself to play for 40 minutes.”

On the defense - “We did a great job. The team was very focused and Bruce (Bowen) and Ime (Udoka) and all the guys who guarded Brandon Roy did a very good job containing him and make sure he took bad shots.”

On the back-to-back - “It makes it a little easier that it was a back-to-back at home.”

Trail Blazers Head Coach Nate McMillan

On the game - “Speed is an important thing and he (Tony Parker) has speed. We tried every defense as far as trying to be up and help the guards get through, too dropping our bigs back. But he was like a road runner just blowing by us and when he’s knocking down shots it’s even tougher. We have to show a wall so that he doesn’t see the lane to drive. A guy like that, (Chris) Paul, (Tony) Parker and Dwayne Wade if they see a crack they take it and they know when they want to attack.”

On being in the game with 5 minutes left - “The thing there you got to make plays. I thought the one play they ran Bonner got free for the three, that was a big play. You get to focusing on Parker and guarding him, he kills you with finding the three. We just needed to communicate.”

Brandon Roy

On the game - "I didn’t play very well tonight. I was missing so many shots and I just needed to knock them down. Blake and I needed to knock down our shots even if there is pressure on us. It is hard to win a game when your two starting guards aren’t hitting their shots."

On the Blazers defense - "The Spurs were running a good pick and roll and we just didn’t adjust to it. Our team needs to do a better job of changing up our defense when we play them against in a few days."

On Tony Parker’s performance - "Tony gets to the paint and creates lots of space on the floor. You can’t get tight to help on defense. He was picture perfect tonight. He’s so quick and does a great job at controlling the tempo."

Steve Blake

On the game - "Tony is one of the best guards in the NBA but I would say my offense wasn’t affected by playing defense tonight on Tony. My shots just weren’t falling and I was missing easy layups. It’s tougher when it is just him on the floor because every play is run for him. They’ll usually run post ups or plays for Ginobili. He’s so good that he just takes advantage of the situation by speeding up the game. Tonight he was getting in the paint and finishing his shots."

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “Tonight was similar to last night. Our team defense was outstanding. The guys reacted to each other really well. They did a fantastic job on the defensive end of the floor.”

On Tony Parker - “He was a super stud. He generated the offense for us and his leadership on the floor was exceptional. He mixed it up really well as the game went on.”

On holding the last two opponents to under 40% shooting - “If we’re going to do anything at the end of the year, we have to improve our defense. The last four games we’ve been the defensive team we’ve been in the past. If we continue that way on the whole, by the playoffs, we’ll be a pretty good team.”

On Danny Ferry and the job he’s done with Cleveland - “He is somebody who has learned very quickly what he has to do in his management role and he’s been outstanding. We hated seeing him go. He’s made great business decisions and he’s made great people decisions. We’re really proud of him.”

George Hill

On the back-to-backs - “I don’t think it was tough I think it was more fun. We have a great team nad a great group of veterans and our coach managed our minutes very well. Earlier today I asked everyone how they were feeling and everyone said they were feeling good.”

On the defense - “That’s what the Spurs are known for and to hold a team to 84 points is just excellent and it started with team defense. Today it showed a great group of team defense.”

On which is more impressive: Tony Parker’s 55 point effort or his back-to-back 30 point performances - “I think it was the back-to-back because we’re kind of one-legged right now missing a couple of our Big Three players. I think tonight was another good performance overall and he showed us how he can carry us and win games.”

On facing Cleveland next - “It’s going to be like any other game, we can’t focus on the player we’ve got to focus on the team. I think Friday we’re going to be amped up to play and try and turn in another great defense game like today.”

Tony Parker

On the game - “I prepared myself today. I drank a lot of water because the other game Pop (Gregg Popovich) told us 40 minutes before that Timmy (Duncan) was not going to play so today I knew he was not going to play so I prepared myself to play for 40 minutes.”

On the defense - “We did a great job. The team was very focused and Bruce (Bowen) and Ime (Udoka) and all the guys who guarded Brandon Roy did a very good job containing him and make sure he took bad shots.”

On the back-to-back - “It makes it a little easier that it was a back-to-back at home.”

Trail Blazers Head Coach Nate McMillan

On the game - “Speed is an important thing and he (Tony Parker) has speed. We tried every defense as far as trying to be up and help the guards get through, too dropping our bigs back. But he was like a road runner just blowing by us and when he’s knocking down shots it’s even tougher. We have to show a wall so that he doesn’t see the lane to drive. A guy like that, (Chris) Paul, (Tony) Parker and Dwayne Wade if they see a crack they take it and they know when they want to attack.”

On being in the game with 5 minutes left - “The thing there you got to make plays. I thought the one play they ran Bonner got free for the three, that was a big play. You get to focusing on Parker and guarding him, he kills you with finding the three. We just needed to communicate.”

Brandon Roy

On the game - "I didn’t play very well tonight. I was missing so many shots and I just needed to knock them down. Blake and I needed to knock down our shots even if there is pressure on us. It is hard to win a game when your two starting guards aren’t hitting their shots."

On the Blazers defense - "The Spurs were running a good pick and roll and we just didn’t adjust to it. Our team needs to do a better job of changing up our defense when we play them against in a few days."

On Tony Parker’s performance - "Tony gets to the paint and creates lots of space on the floor. You can’t get tight to help on defense. He was picture perfect tonight. He’s so quick and does a great job at controlling the tempo."

Steve Blake

On the game - "Tony is one of the best guards in the NBA but I would say my offense wasn’t affected by playing defense tonight on Tony. My shots just weren’t falling and I was missing easy layups. It’s tougher when it is just him on the floor because every play is run for him. They’ll usually run post ups or plays for Ginobili. He’s so good that he just takes advantage of the situation by speeding up the game. Tonight he was getting in the paint and finishing his shots."

Thanks again for another great post. I was on the road after the game, so I missed the post game interviews...I appreciate it.