PDA

View Full Version : Could the Pistons buyout Sheed?

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
This was in today's Daily Dime on ESPN.com...

21. On Wed., the Pistons seemed poised to end their losing streak, leading the Hornets early in the fourth quarter, but Wallace suffered the kind of meltdown that's punctuated his career. With the game tied 71-71, Wallace gave up an offensive rebound to Hornets reserve forward Sean Marks, allowing New Orleans to score the basket that put them ahead to stay in a game they would win by just three points. After the Marks play, Wallace complained demonstratively to get technical foul No. 15, and shortly thereafter angrily knocked a towel from a Hornets ball boy's hand into the crowd for technical foul No. 16. He followed that by throwing a towel in the direction of his coach, Michael Curry, who had just seconds before removed him from the game. All of this raises the possibility that Wallace will face what would probably be the NBA's first-ever triple suspension -- the automatic suspension for his 16th technical foul of the season, a league suspension for knocking a towel into the crowd and a team suspension for his actions toward his coach. Or might the Pistons just release him now, with only 26 games remaining on his contract? In any case, Sheed's tenure in Detroit, which began in spectacular fashion in 2004 with an NBA title (remember his championship belt?), is reaching an ignominious end.

I know this has no sense of truth, and simply an analyst making suggestions... but how great would that be? Do you think they are regretting not trading him at the deadline? Their losing streak is likely to hit 10 this weekend with having orlando and celts on the schedule... could you imagine an eastern confrence playoff without the pistons? Crazy things happening in motown

DAF86
02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I bet Joe Dumars and Jamstone wish they had Splitter and/or Mahinmi right now.

urunobili
02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't want Sheed :bang

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I would take Sheed in a heartbeat. We wouldn't be getting this exact sheed that is throwing tantrums... we'd be getting the sheed of '04 that is going to a new team and wants to win another ring. You think our defense is tightening up right now? Just imagine having duncan and sheed maning the middle... Scary good... Like i said before i know this isn't going to happen... but i kinda wish sheed would have thrown 2 towels in Curry's face... then it might be a possibility lol

EricB
02-26-2009, 11:12 AM

Your crazy.

hater
02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
LMAO

and some Piston fans here laughed at our trade ideas of a few of our scrubs for Sheed. Now they get nothing

ss1986v2
02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
LMAO

and some Piston fans here laughed at our trade ideas of a few of our scrubs for Sheed. Now they get nothing

they get the capspace, which is what they wanted. we didnt have enough expirings to match sheeds.

Bartleby
02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrpx4NAtsFQ

SenorSpur
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I would take him in a heartbeat too. Though I can't ever imagine the Pistons buying him out and allowing him to go to another title contender - even if it's the Spurs.

Man In Black
If I can't have Sheed...

I'll opt for McDyess.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/02/antonio_mcdyess_could_leave_pi.html

Antonio McDyess could leave Pistons after season
by A. Sherrod Blakely
Tuesday February 24, 2009, 11:15 PM

MIAMI -- There was little doubt forward Antonio McDyess left all he had on the floor in Detroit's 103-91 loss to Miami on Tuesday.

It's been like that throughout his time in Detroit, which may be coming to an end after this season.

McDyess, who had 17 points and six rebounds against the Heat, is expected to opt out of his contract this summer and become a free agent.

Detroit remains an option, but the team's struggles may lead to McDyess choose to play elsewhere.

"I hate to sell myself short of anything at this point in my career," McDyess said. "So I have to keep all my options open."

When McDyess became a free agent this fall after reaching a buyout agreement with Denver, several teams pursued him vigorously.

McDyess considered Charlotte, Cleveland and Boston before re-signing with the Pistons.

"It was flattering, because I didn't have a clue that all those teams were interested in me, not at this point in my career," McDyess said.

Those teams and others undoubtedly will be interested in signing the veteran big man this summer.

McDyess remains focused on helping Detroit get into the playoffs, which is becoming a much tougher challenge than he or his teammates thought.

If the right changes are made with Detroit's roster this summer, McDyess said he would consider signing a deal that would allow him to finish his playing career with the Pistons.

"I just have to see how everything is going to go in the summer with this team, and kind of go from there," McDyess said. "But like I said, it's flattering that there are some teams that still think I can help them win. I definitely feel I have some options

K-State Spur
I bet Joe Dumars and Jamstone wish they had Splitter and/or Mahinmi right now.

i doubt it.

even if they buy him out, they get the cap relief that we would have struggled to give them.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
That would be sweet.

2Cleva
02-26-2009, 11:33 AM
No way Sheed is released by Sunday.

Also, Dumars has the option of using Sheed in S&Ts. He won't blow that.

EricB
02-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd take Antonio McDeyss.

Dude is crazy good STILL.

Flux451
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM

why not?

SenorSpur
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I love Dice too. In fact, he may have more left in his tank than Sheed. From a personality and talent standpoint, he'd be a fit. On the other hand, Sheed is just such a tough, tough cover. He's been one of the only players that has been able to match Duncan toe-to-toe. He's also an incredibly smart player. Of course, he's a lightening rod, so that's a bit scary.

It'd be interesting to see what or if the Spurs show interest in either this summer.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Heres a Detroit columnist saying the Pistons NEED to buyout Sheed:

We are watching a full-blown meltdown of the Detroit Pistons. And the blame should rest with team president Joe Dumars.

Rasheed Wallace throws a towel at a referee. Rip Hamilton is chirping up, saying he should be starting again. Allen Iverson is out with a back injury and rookie coach Michael Curry has no idea what is going on. And did I mention that the Pistons have lost eight games in a row and there is no help in sight?

There are a few things that need to happen. Even though the NBA is not going to suspend Wallace, the Pistons should after the latest meltdown. He lost his composure again during a 90-87 loss to New Orleans and topped it off by throwing a towel toward an official.

The Pistons should suspend Wallace. It is time for Dumars to make a statement about Wallace. He is lost and there is no reaching out to him. I would not mind if Dumars decided to release Wallace and say so-long. It is time for his ride to end.

Advertisement
I am tired of Wallace. You are tired of Wallace, and if they were honest with themselves, the Pistons would admit they are tired of Wallace. He had his day here. He helped win a title. Now it is time for him to move on. He has worn out his welcome.

Of course, is easy to blame everything on Sheed or Iverson or Curry. But Dumars must take the greatest share of the blame for this season. He has ruined this team. He created a team with bad chemistry and one with a bad mix. People want to blame Iverson for the Pistons' woes. But Iverson is simply doing what Iverson does.

The day he stepped into the league from Georgetown, Iverson was a player that demanded the ball and dominated the ball. A leopard does not change his spots.

Let me give you an illustration. If you captured a wild animal, such as a lion, and brought it back to your house and tried to make it a pet, there is a high probability that you would fail. Eventually, the lion would maul you.

Now whose fault is that? It's not the lion's fault. The lion is simply doing what lions do.

The same thing has happened with the Pistons. Iverson is an untamed player who demands the ball. That has not changed, nor will it change.

Dumars waited too long to do a makeover of this team. That is why we are seeing a meltdown now. It will only get worse if Sheed is allowed to stay in that dressing room. It is time to cut ties now.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/OPINION03/902260451/1361

bigfan
02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd also rather have Dice than Sheed. Can you imagine another team looking up the court and seeing Tim, Dice and KT glaring at them? Scary; those guys never smile. Also, Dice fits the Spurs high character-type mold.

SenorSpur
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Heres a Detroit columnist saying the Pistons NEED to buyout Sheed:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/OPINION03/902260451/1361

Sheed is childishly and selfishly looking for a quick exit outta D-Town.

jag
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM

huh?

xellos88330
02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd also rather have Dice than Sheed. Can you imagine another team looking up the court and seeing Tim, Dice and KT glaring at them? Scary; those guys never smile. Also, Dice fits the Spurs high character-type mold.

:lmao

Look into my eyes!!!

02-26-2009, 12:02 PM
i don't think it would be as scary as duncan, sheed, and thomas. duncan and sheed have been two of the best low post defenders in the league for quite some time and thomas is definitely still one of the better players at defending the paint. i think sheed is trying to show his frustrations so that they do reach a buyout. he wants out of the pistons but i don't see why pistons would do it except to get rid of him so they can make a decent playoff run.

Bartleby
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Sheed is only happy when he is winning. It may be a sign of immaturity, but put him on a contender and he wouldn't act that way.

Admittedly, it's a long shot to happen, but Sheed would be the ideal person for the Spurs to pick up this season. They would get the big they really need to match up against LA and a post player who could provide Duncan with some much needed rest during the regular season.

xellos88330
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I am not sure how it would work out with Wallace. He has a colorful personality and I wonder how it would affect the locker room. If the Pistons buy him out, then I think the Spurs should make a stab at him. This kind of drama is too good to pass up. It also helps that the man can defend.

MoSpur
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I would take Sheed this season if bought out, but doubt the Pistons do that unless they are really tired of his act.

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
It makes sense to buy him out from the Pistons standpoint.

Hes being a distraction and a menace to the team.

For the Spurs though he would guaranSHEED us a championship.

2Cleva
02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Rasheed Wallace will be in the Pistons’ lineup after all Friday night against the Orlando Magic.

It looked like he would have to serve a one-game suspension because he picked up two technical fouls in Wednesday night’s 90-87 loss to the Hornets.

NBA rules dictate that a player must sit a game when he reaches 16 technicals.

But NBA vice president of basketball communications Tim Frank said in an e-mail this morning that technicals received on Dec. 23 and Feb. 7 were rescinded.

That leaves Wallace with 14 for the season....

http://www.freep.com/article/20090226/SPORTS03/90226038/1051/rss16

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Holy fucking shit, imagine having Sheed AND Dice next summer!!! I just jizzed in my pants. Preferably Sheed would come over before the deadline for playoff rosters, but then, Dice might not want to come cuz he's here. But being on a contender with a top 3PG(arguably top 2), a top 5 SG, and 2 top 15 bigs(I think Sheed is at least 11-15, but idk), how could he say no? Imagine a rotation of

TP/Hill
Mason/Manu
Bowen/Hairston/Gist
Tim/Bonner
Sheed/Ian/Dice

Hell, I can't even fit in Thomas, Fin or Fab(I know Pop would have one always acitve, so one of the rookies might not make it). I know get both Detroit players is unlikely, but at lest Sheed is certain. Come on, buy that crazy T loving fucker out!!!!!!!!!!

2009 might end up with the Cavs/Lakers/Cs, but with a core of Tim/Tony/Manu/Sheed/Bowen and a youth explosion in Hill/Hairston/Ian/Gist, this team could get 2010 and then repeat. I'm looking forward to summer league and preseason almost as much as the first round of the POs.
:flag::wow:downspin::king:hat:flag:

Please someone else say they are escited for next years possibilites, I feel like I escaped the psycho ward or something.:p:

02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
just buy sheed out pistons. just do it. you owe him that much for coming over in 2004 and winning a championship for you. buyout would save you some money since the team isn't going to win anything this year. tank this year, save money, get a lottery pick, sign boozer in the off season, and contend again next year. do it.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I could see him getting bought out, but not by the 1st..so it won't matter..

they should release Dice though, he deserves to play for a contender..he's the only guy on their team playing hard, even now..

'Sheed desperately needs a new situation though..dude isn't trying at all anymore..

Obstructed_View
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
If they buy him out, they'll do it on Monday when it's too late for him to sign somewhere else. What they really need to do is fire that idiot coach ASAP. If they can make some noise in the playoffs they might have a chance to salvage some of that roster.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
definitely need to get rid of Curry..it's not like they don't have talent..I know I wouldn't wanna play Detroit in the 1st round if they got their shit together..

people like to blame Iverson, but I don't really see it as his problem at all..

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
It's partially his, when you look at the huge positive it was when he left Denver(Billups helped), and how the Pistons are doing worse as individuals and a team as soon as he got to Detroit(again Billups makes AI look bad).

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Billups is severely overrated IMO..Denver's "improvements" are over-exaggerrated by the media..it's also not mentioned enough that having Nene in the rotation is an upgrade over Camby, and Carmelo is playing a better all-around game..

regardless, Denver isn't significantly better than last year IMO..they're starting to slow down..

Michael Curry is probably the worst coach in the NBA, and he lost his players a long time ago..

Manufan909
02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Idk, I don't think he is overrated, he's a great PG in my eyes. Maybe not top 5, but def top 7.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I would actually put him in my top 5, but I find his impact to be overrated..

Spursmania
02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Can we afford Sheed?? Hell, I'll take Sheed-he's a character and when he knows he's playing with a Championship team, he won't be pissing around.

Leftyventricle
02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
he's funny

cMTSqptfRU4

Obstructed_View
02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
AI's too small and too old to carry a team now, and he's just never settled into the role of a team player. You'll never convince a Rat Terrier that it isn't a Rott.

galvatron3000
02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Why would Sheed take a buyout at this point in the season when he can get full compensation from the Pistons and then in the summer sign elsewhere if necessary.

tp2021
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Why would Sheed take a buyout at this point in the season when he can get full compensation from the Pistons and then in the summer sign elsewhere if necessary.

To win a ring this season.

To leave a place he doesn't want to be.

tav1
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
If they buy him out, they'll do it on Monday when it's too late for him to sign somewhere else. What they really need to do is fire that idiot coach ASAP. If they can make some noise in the playoffs they might have a chance to salvage some of that roster.

Yeah, Curry is a total failure as head coach. This team has more than enough talent to be above .500.

benefactor
02-26-2009, 03:15 PM
After all that has happened, there is no way they give Sheed the opportunity to hitch up to a contender. We will just have to wait and go after him in the offseason. By the way, those who say they don't want him need their head examined.

spursnatic
02-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Didn't fucking sorry ass Kobe Bryant in a game against us slap a towel out of a boys hands?...And the NBA did nothing about that..That is very fucked up man, he gets away with way too much shit. That's why I hate that fucker!!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 05:58 PM
I feel the need to feed the SHEED!

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Didn't fucking sorry ass Kobe Bryant in a game against us slap a towel out of a boys hands?...And the NBA did nothing about that..That is very fucked up man, he gets away with way too much shit. That's why I hate that fucker!!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Kobe has an obsession with towels:

QdsBlqftf-I 0XSkOPp6TpA IB1jNJN81zE

crc21209
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
OMG can u imagine if the Pistons bought out Sheed and he came to the Spurs for nothing?!?! That would be some amazing shit! He is only frustrated and acting like that because Joe D. blew up that team by adding A.I. and now he wants out, I guaranSHEED he wouldnt act like that here lol. No way, not with Pop, TD, Manu, and TP. He'll be motivated to win a ring, RELEASE HIM JOE D! Come on! We need him! lol.

Slinkyman
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM

why would Sheed take the buyout if he can't sign somewhere else? He might as well stay and get paid, it makes since to leave money on the table if he can get some of it back from another team in playoff contention. Pistons coach sucks but dumars sucks worse for the AI trade, Billips was that teams soul.

TheSpursFNRule
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
so if he is bought out by or before Sunday he can sign with the Spurs?

angelbelow
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM

lol wahh??

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
The only way this happens is if the media keeps playing up and vocally critique the hell out of the piston's struggles, we need sheed to listen to the media and ask for a buyout... Call the media! lol... wish they played orlando and boston before sunday and extended that to a 10 game losing streak in time for the march 1st deadline

angelbelow
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
well if this happens then it would be the best. we dont have to give up our young guys and we get sheed. this is an even bigger pipedream than trading for sheed.

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Maybe he can get into it again in tomorrow's night game, maybe a towel in the face of Curry???? Please Sheed, do it for another ring!!!

Spursfan092120
02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
well if this happens then it would be the best. we dont have to give up our young guys and we get sheed. this is an even bigger pipedream than trading for sheed.

The dream is alive. Even if we don't get him now, when he's a free agent after the season, it's a good chance he'll sign with us.

rayray2k8
02-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Doubt this will happen during the season.. Maybe next time. :)

Thomas82
02-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I am not sure how it would work out with Wallace. He has a colorful personality and I wonder how it would affect the locker room. If the Pistons buy him out, then I think the Spurs should make a stab at him. This kind of drama is too good to pass up. It also helps that the man can defend.

He wouldn't act that way if he came to the Spurs. Oh, and remember the difference in the way Dennis Rodman acted when he was a Spur compared to when he got to the Bulls?

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Rasheed isn't like Rodman at all, not even close..I haven't heard about ANYTHING involving Rasheed in Detroit, so why would it happen here? with that being said, we'll probably have to wait until July or August..

Thomas82
02-26-2009, 07:47 PM

There is a strong possibility that they won't even make the playoffs.

Thomas82
02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Rasheed isn't like Rodman at all, not even close..I haven't heard about ANYTHING involving Rasheed in Detroit, so why would it happen here? with that being said, we'll probably have to wait until July or August..

I know, even though the dynamics of the situations are different, the principle is the same. That was the point I was trying to make.

Mr. Body
02-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Detroit couldn't possibly buy him out. That would ensure the team's collapse.

Bruno
02-26-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/OPINION03/902260451/1004/SPORTS

Commentary: Pistons need to cut Rasheed Wallace

Thursday, February 26, 2009
Terry Foster

We are watching a full-blown meltdown of the Detroit Pistons. And the blame should rest with team president Joe Dumars.

Rasheed Wallace throws a towel at a referee. Rip Hamilton is chirping up, saying he should be starting again. Allen Iverson is out with a back injury and rookie coach Michael Curry has no idea what is going on. And did I mention that the Pistons have lost eight games in a row and there is no help in sight?

There are a few things that need to happen. Even though the NBA is not going to suspend Wallace, the Pistons should after the latest meltdown. He lost his composure again during a 90-87 loss to New Orleans and topped it off by throwing a towel toward an official.

The Pistons should suspend Wallace. It is time for Dumars to make a statement about Wallace. He is lost and there is no reaching out to him. I would not mind if Dumars decided to release Wallace and say so-long. It is time for his ride to end.

I am tired of Wallace. You are tired of Wallace, and if they were honest with themselves, the Pistons would admit they are tired of Wallace. He had his day here. He helped win a title. Now it is time for him to move on. He has worn out his welcome.

Of course, it is easy to blame everything on Sheed or Iverson or Curry. But Dumars must take the greatest share of the blame for this season. He has ruined this team. He created a team with bad chemistry and one with a bad mix. People want to blame Iverson for the Pistons' woes. But Iverson is simply doing what Iverson does.

The day he stepped into the league from Georgetown, Iverson was a player who demanded the ball and dominated the ball. A leopard does not change his spots.

Let me give you an illustration. If you captured a wild animal, such as a lion, and brought it back to your house and tried to make it a pet, there is a high probability that you would fail. Eventually, the lion would maul you.

Now whose fault is that? It's not the lion's fault. The lion is simply doing what lions do.

The same thing has happened with the Pistons. Iverson is an untamed player who demands the ball. That has not changed, nor will it change.

Dumars waited too long to do a makeover of this team. That is why we are seeing a meltdown now. It will only get worse if Sheed is allowed to stay in that dressing room. It is time to cut ties now.

tp2021
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah Detroit! Sheed is terrible! Cut him!

:hungry:

Bruno
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
If a Detroit beat writer thinks that Pistons should buy out Sheed, maybe this scenario isn't as crazy as it seems.

And in the unlikely case of Sheed being waived before the end of the month, Spurs won't be the only team interested. You could end up with a nightmare scenario of Sheed going to another contender.

Ice009
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Cut Sheed only if he signs with the Spurs ;).

I don't want him bought out if he's not signing with us.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't really see any other possibility, other than coming to the Spurs..MAYBE Boston, but they just signed Moore this week..he seems to like the Spurs, and he always interacts a lot with Tim on the floor..

nadroj117
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
We need the media to hype this shit up, we need to get on his webpage and make him understand lol

Duncan2177
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Your crazy dude

Capt Bringdown
02-26-2009, 09:40 PM
As we well know, you can always count on Sheed to provide a knuckle-headed play at a pivotal moment.

He'd be a huge improvement over what we got now obviously, but he plays like such a weed-hound at times. I think he's a more than a bit over-rated.

TheSpursFNRule
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
If he gets cut he'll go to the Spurs. Most other contenders are set...

Lakers depth and chemistry is good enough obviously they wouldn't screw that up
Boston is gonna get Marbury and hope that adds the depth they needed on there bench, plus they just signed Mikki Moore.

If its gonna be anyone but the Spurs it would be Cleveland but I just don't see that happening. Oh well this is just wishful thinking, hopefully he throws more shit at Michael Curry.

Austin_Toros
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't know if this buyout will happen. It would only make the Pistons worse than they already are.
Might as well keep him and Iverson until season's end

Thomas82
02-27-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't really see any other possibility, other than coming to the Spurs..MAYBE Boston, but they just signed Moore this week..he seems to like the Spurs, and he always interacts a lot with Tim on the floor..

He already said that he wanted to play for the Spurs.

Thomas82
02-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't know if this buyout will happen. It would only make the Pistons worse than they already are.
Might as well keep him and Iverson until season's end

That's what'll happen most likely.

raspsa
02-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I think the Spurs could live with the knuclehead play once in a while. I've read that Rasheed is actually a great teammate and very unselfish. Unlike in Detroit where I'm sure he feels the pressurre as one of the main men, in SA he would simply be a role player and Pop would make sure he understood his role - no coach is better than Pop at doing this.. being on a winning team and with a proud legacy will do wonders for his attitude IMO.. having said all that, I don't think he'll be a Spur anytime soon.. maybe next season..

Toni61
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
+1

Ocotillo
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Commence countdown to "Sheed to the Lakers rumors"...........

hater
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
If a Detroit beat writer thinks that Pistons should buy out Sheed, maybe this scenario isn't as crazy as it seems.

And in the unlikely case of Sheed being waived before the end of the month, Spurs won't be the only team interested. You could end up with a nightmare scenario of Sheed going to another contender.

His choices would be Cavs, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs and a long shot Hornets.

He could and probably is the missing piece for all those teams. And all those teams would want him.

I could see him going to any of those teams in this order:
1. Cavs
2. Celtics/Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Hornets

Obstructed_View
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
There is a strong possibility that they won't even make the playoffs.

If they keep Curry, I agree with you. There's plenty of talent on that team to make the ECF and compete with whoever's there.

duncan228
02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Pistons' Wallace fined $25K for throwing towel (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/02/27/towel.toss.ap/index.html)

Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was fined $25,000 by the league Friday for his actions after his ejection in the team's 90-87 loss at New Orleans on Wednesday night.

Wallace was ejected after receiving two technicals in the fourth quarter. His first technical was for arguing a call and the second came when he tossed a towel into the stands. Before leaving, Wallace then tossed a towel toward the floor.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-27-2009, 11:22 PM
We don't want Sheed.

1. Sheed loses it in pressure situations.
2. The Spurs plan to be in a lot of pressure situations between March and June.
3. 2005 Finals, see 1 and 2 above.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-27-2009, 11:48 PM
He wouldn't act that way if he came to the Spurs. Oh, and remember the difference in the way Dennis Rodman acted when he was a Spur compared to when he got to the Bulls?

Sheed would be great under a coach he respects like LB Pop would be the same. That being said Joe is not going to buy him out however I hope you get him this summer.

Danny.Zhu
02-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Any benefits for them to do that?

Thomas82
02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Sheed would be great under a coach he respects like LB Pop would be the same. That being said Joe is not going to buy him out however I hope you get him this summer.

I think more than likely we will end up with him this summer.

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Sheed!!

Vinnie_Johnson
02-28-2009, 01:26 AM
I think more than likely we will end up with him this summer.

It would not shock me one bit if he walked away from the game too he is an odd cat.

baseline bum
02-28-2009, 01:49 AM
We don't want Sheed.

1. Sheed loses it in pressure situations.
2. The Spurs plan to be in a lot of pressure situations between March and June.
3. 2005 Finals, see 1 and 2 above.

Sheed hit a huge turnaround over Duncan in game 5 to give the Pistons a 4 point lead in OT, right before Rob's dunk. He was also the only one doing anything for them offensively in the 4th quarter of game 7. He was automatic on the block that game. Of course, he did try to call timeout with none left when Tim missed the tip-in at the end of regulation in game 5, and he committed the same cardinal sin as half the rest of the league has: leaving Robert Horry open at the end of the game. Still, there's no denying he was the final cog in the engine to making the Pistons into a championship team, and he came 12 minutes from repeating. He's my first choice in free agency this summer.

honestfool84
02-28-2009, 01:51 AM
and he committed the same cardinal sin as half the rest of the league has

:lmao

baseline bum
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
If I can't have Sheed...

I'll opt for McDyess.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/02/antonio_mcdyess_could_leave_pi.html

Antonio McDyess could leave Pistons after season
by A. Sherrod Blakely
Tuesday February 24, 2009, 11:15 PM

MIAMI -- There was little doubt forward Antonio McDyess left all he had on the floor in Detroit's 103-91 loss to Miami on Tuesday.

It's been like that throughout his time in Detroit, which may be coming to an end after this season.

McDyess, who had 17 points and six rebounds against the Heat, is expected to opt out of his contract this summer and become a free agent.

Detroit remains an option, but the team's struggles may lead to McDyess choose to play elsewhere.

"I hate to sell myself short of anything at this point in my career," McDyess said. "So I have to keep all my options open."

When McDyess became a free agent this fall after reaching a buyout agreement with Denver, several teams pursued him vigorously.

McDyess considered Charlotte, Cleveland and Boston before re-signing with the Pistons.

"It was flattering, because I didn't have a clue that all those teams were interested in me, not at this point in my career," McDyess said.

Those teams and others undoubtedly will be interested in signing the veteran big man this summer.

McDyess remains focused on helping Detroit get into the playoffs, which is becoming a much tougher challenge than he or his teammates thought.

If the right changes are made with Detroit's roster this summer, McDyess said he would consider signing a deal that would allow him to finish his playing career with the Pistons.

"I just have to see how everything is going to go in the summer with this team, and kind of go from there," McDyess said. "But like I said, it's flattering that there are some teams that still think I can help them win. I definitely feel I have some options

Yeah Tod, I'll take Dice as my option 1a this summer too.

Mavs<Spurs
02-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Sheed first choice.

McDyess second shoice

Rasho third choice

All would good starters.

Oberto and Thomas would be back-ups.

Ian would be developed to see what he can bring.

If we can get Sheed, then I think that we are an elite team with as good a chance to win it all as anyone- provided that Tim and Tony are healthy. And if Manu is healthy, then we are the prohibitive favorites to win the title.

But all of that is next year.

I wish we had a a decent second big who could start alongside Timmy this year.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Sheed hit a huge turnaround over Duncan in game 5 to give the Pistons a 4 point lead in OT, right before Rob's dunk. He was also the only one doing anything for them offensively in the 4th quarter of game 7. He was automatic on the block that game. Of course, he did try to call timeout with none left when Tim missed the tip-in at the end of regulation in game 5, and he committed the same cardinal sin as half the rest of the league has: leaving Robert Horry open at the end of the game. Still, there's no denying he was the final cog in the engine to making the Pistons into a championship team, and he came 12 minutes from repeating. He's my first choice in free agency this summer.

Yeah, I know, he was awesome in the 4th of games 5 and 7, hitting fadeaway after tough fadeaway, but he is also very mentally fragile and has just gone for his 16th tech while he's 35 years old.

I agree that he was the catalyst for their trophy in 2004, but it's 2009 and I'm not convinced he has very much left in the tank. I have Dennis Rodman style playoff meltdown feelings too.

If we can nab him cheap for a year with the second at the team's option, I'm up for it, but he'll be looking for 3 years@ the MLE at least, and I'm not sure I want to gove that to a mentally fragile 35yo who would basically become our 2nd big until Tim retires.

I'm ready to go with youth in the middle and spend money on an athletic, slashing wing to replace Manu in a few years.

baseline bum
02-28-2009, 04:25 AM
I agree that he was the catalyst for their trophy in 2004, but it's 2009 and I'm not convinced he has very much left in the tank. I have Dennis Rodman style playoff meltdown feelings too.

I don't see that as a very valid comparison. Rasheed's never been found sleeping in his truck with a loaded shotgun. Rasheed's not an attention whore the way Rodman has been since leaving Detroit. Nothing about Wallace says 'it's all about me' the way Rodman acted.

If we can nab him cheap for a year with the second at the team's option, I'm up for it, but he'll be looking for 3 years@ the MLE at least, and I'm not sure I want to gove that to a mentally fragile 35yo who would basically become our 2nd big until Tim retires.

I'm ready to go with youth in the middle and spend money on an athletic, slashing wing to replace Manu in a few years.

You and I differ bigtime here. I think this team has 2 years max after this season in their window of opportunity to win a title (and that really is a best-case projection IMO). Rasheed still has another good year or two in him, and the Spurs have to build to win now at all costs, because they are never going to get another Tim Duncan from anywhere but the draft. Superstar players don't leave big markets to sign in sleepy San Antonio, and the all-time greats only get traded when they want to force their way somewhere. If it takes 3 years to get Sheed, I'm down, because the team isn't going to sign anyone worth a damn in 2010, just like they couldn't in 2003 when they were young, the defending champions, and the only team with any money.

San Antonio is not going to compete with New York, Brooklyn, and Miami in the free agent bonanza of 2010. Instead, they're going to overpay on mid-level talent just like everyone else will, because 2010 is going to be a massive seller's market in free agency. Here's a list of teams currently setup to have $10+ million capspace for summer 2010:

1. Boston
2. Brooklyn / New Jersey (massively under)
3. New York (massively under)
4. Toronto
5. Chicago (massively under)
6. Cleveland (even if they re-sign James!)
7. Detroit (if they don't spend their capspace this summer)
8. Atlanta (massively under)
9. Miami (even if they re-sign Wade, they still have max capspace)
10. Houston
11. Memphis (massively under)
12. SPURS
13. Minnesota (massively under, even with Jefferson already signed long-term)
14. Portland
15. Oklahoma City (massively under)
16. Utah
17. Phoenix (even if Stoudemire doesn't opt out)
18. Sacramento

Almost 2/3 of the league is currently setup to have at least $10 million capspace in 2010, assuming the cap comes in no lower than about $55 million or so (it's $59 million this season). There's four players worth a max contract in that class; James, Wade, Stoudemire, Bosh. That's it. Maybe you could count Nowitzki even when he'll be 32, but I see no way Cuban is going to let him walk. The 2010 plan is a huge mistake that's both closing the Spurs title window now and likely leading them to horrible financial moves in the future. I cannot believe the team is putting all their eggs in that overcrowded basket.

baseline bum
02-28-2009, 04:37 AM

Also, you might be right on the 3 years, but the MLE is going to be his price tag most likely. There's not a lot of money out there for the summer of 2009. The teams with any capspace whatsoever over the MLE in 2009 are:

1. Toronto: Doubt they'd rather throw money at Wallace than bring back Marion
2. Detroit: Not gonna happen. The Youth movement has begun, and Rasheed's expiring contract is a major part of that.
3. Atlanta: Already gave him away for nothing, and I don't see a lot of need with Al Horford, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams already there.
4. Memphis: Heisley's not paying top dollar for a guy at 35.
5. Portland: Rasheed's only real shot at more than MLE, if their asshole owner decides he's going to cockblock the Lakers, Celtics, or Spurs from signing him.
6. OKC Thunder: No way they're signing an old guy like Sheed, especially when they can use Durant to sell a max FA like Wade or Stoudemire on championship hopes for a long time starting in 2010.
7. Sacramento (maybe): Don't see it here either. See Memphis, OKC.