PDA

View Full Version : The Fastest Spurs

Solid D
03-08-2005, 11:59 PM
How would you rank the Spurs based on baseline to baseline, 94 ft. (28.65 m), fastbreak speed?

Based on what I've seen of our Fast-Breakin' Fiesta...

1. Tony Parker
2. Devin Brown
3. Bruce Bowen
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Mike Wilks
6. Brent Barry
7. Beno Udrih
8. Tim Duncan
9. Robert Horry
10. Tony Massenburg
11. Rasho Nesterovic

blackbucket
03-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I could smoke all of them, including Tony (without the ball :) )

Guru of Nothing
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
I question Bruce ahead of Manu. You may be right.

I'm clueless on Wilks.

Horry might be faster than you think (or slower than I think).

I question Beno too. He's very quick, yes. ...But fast?

E20
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Actually since Bruce has to play such good D Bruce is well conditioned in the legs, I've seen his lateral movement so fast and seen clips of him running down the court pretty quick.

kskonn
03-09-2005, 01:13 AM
I think I would move Barry above wilks and move both Duncan and Horry after Barry. Both of those guy can really get down the court on fast breaks. Especially for Bigs. I also agree that Bowen can really move down the court. People often overlook his other skills besides his defending.

Solid D
03-09-2005, 01:23 AM
I left off Nazr Mohammed. He might beat Rasho, but that's about it...until we can see more of him in action.

milkyway21
03-09-2005, 02:05 AM
nobody can beat Parker among the Spurs... he is ranked as 2nd to AI as the fastest in the NBA, right?

As expected, Rasho the last one :lol

xcoriate
03-09-2005, 06:39 AM
nobody can beat Parker among the Spurs... he is ranked as 2nd to AI as the fastest in the NBA, right?

Its not like there is an official ranking... but IMO Parker is quicker, philly fans will tell you otherwise

texbumTHElife
03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
I think Devin Brown is side line to side line the fastest Spur. Tony is the quickest player we have but there are time when running the fast break that it is evident he doesnt have "break away" speed.

Tim Duncan and then Rasho would be my bottom two. Timmy is good for about 3-4 steps but other than that he aint moving very fast LOL. Rasho is pretty much a totem poll. He would move much better if he rolled.

timvp
03-09-2005, 07:18 AM
How would you rank the Spurs based on baseline to baseline, 94 ft. (28.65 m), fastbreak speed?

1. Tony Parker
2. Devin Brown
3. Bruce Bowen
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Mike Wilks
6. Brent Barry
7. Beno Udrih
8. Tim Duncan
9. Robert Horry
10. Tony Massenburg
11. Rasho Nesterovic

Very nice job. I think that's pretty much it. The wild card is Beno Udrih. He's pretty quick but I'm not sure how fast he is. He's gotta be pretty damn fast to keep up with the point guards in the league. I MIGHT put him ahead of Barry, but then again Barry is a heck of an athlete himself.

Kori Ellis
03-09-2005, 07:20 AM
I don't know how fast Beno or Mike Wilks are.

Sometimes I think Beno's not quick. But then right then he does something crazy fast that gets me thinking. I have no idea about Wilks.

Maybe someone should get them to all race in the offseason. ;) :lol

Phenomanul
03-09-2005, 08:38 AM
The related question getting the best of my curiosity would be if DRob would top that list in his prime... ?????

Solid D
03-09-2005, 08:40 AM
The related question getting the best of my curiosity would be if DRob would top that list in his prime... ?????

:lol, funny you should say that hegamboa, I was thinking the same thing when I posted this. Old man Willis was pretty fast end-to-end, also.

Solid D
03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Versus the Nets, I was reminded again of the power and speed of Devin Brown.

...also reminded of something else. When Beno plays: Devin, Brent and Bruce all seem to run the floor better and get rewarded for it. That's why Pop's little experiment of limiting Beno to 5-6 minutes/game needed to end. Can I get a witness?

boutons
03-09-2005, 09:42 AM
"When Beno plays"

I thought Beno was trying to drive more last night, create his own shot, be more aggessive, rather than just the jumpers. He didn't finish very well, and got stripped once or twice, but the finshing will come, remembering it's his first season in the NBA.

Devin's ability to hit another gear explosively when he's already at speed is extremely impressive, breath-taking. The only other guy I've seen so explosive in the open court is LeBron, and, amazingly, LeBron is carrying quit a bit more bulk than Devin.

Jimcs50
03-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't know how fast Beno or Mike Wilks are.

Sometimes I think Beno's not quick. But then right then he does something crazy fast that gets me thinking. I have no idea about Wilks.

Maybe someone should get them to all race in the offseason. ;) :lol

Wilkes is fast.

He ran track as well as played bball for Rufus King HS in Milwaukee in the mid 90s. My nephew was on cross country team, and went to school with him. He told me that when Wilkes was signed by my team.

waly.mg
03-09-2005, 10:14 AM
1. Tony Parker
2. Devin Brown
3. Bruce Bowen
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Mike Wilks
6. Brent Barry
7. Beno Udrih
8. Tim Duncan
9. Robert Horry
10. Tony Massenburg
11. Tony Parker
12. Devin Brown
13. Bruce Bowen
14. Manu Ginobili
15. Mike Wilks
16. Brent Barry
17. Beno Udrih
18. Tim Duncan
19. Robert Horry
20. Tony Massenburg
22. Rasho Nesterovic

Can Rasho Run from baseline to baseline?

nacho estrada
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
lol^

Jimcs50
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM

1. Tony Parker
2. Devin Brown
3. Bruce Bowen
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Mike Wilks
6. Brent Barry
7. Beno Udrih
8. Tim Duncan
9. Robert Horry
10. Tony Massenburg
11. Rasho Nesterovic

After watching Wilkes last night, do you now see that I have him right behind TP? Dude was killing the Suns with his quickness all 20 mins he was playing.

:lol

Solid D
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Yep, although I still think Devin may be faster end-to-end.

Jimcs50
03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Yep, although I still think Devin may be faster end-to-end.

longer legs, but not near as explosive. as I said, Wilkes ran track, he is fast.