PDA

View Full Version : Championship Talk

Red Hawk #21
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Based on how the season has played out so far, Who do you think has the best shot at winning it all this year? Cavs? Celtics? Lakers? Spurs? Another team? Imo Boston maybe able to win it again, and its gunna kill me if I see KG win another ring.

Agloco
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Based on how the season has played out so far, Who do you think has the best shot at winning it all this year? Cavs? Celtics? Lakers? Spurs? Another team? Imo Boston maybe able to win it again, and its gunna kill me if I see KG win another ring.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing the Hawks take care of business this year and knock out the Celts (and the Cavs too.....).

Gotta go with the Lakers at this point. Dunno if Timmy and Manu will be 100% for the playoffs unfortunately.

rascal
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Lakers will win it this year.

Red Hawk #21
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing the Hawks take care of business this year and knock out the Celts (and the Cavs too.....).
Gotta go with the Lakers at this point. Dunno if Timmy and Manu will be 100% for the playoffs unfortunately.

We don't have much of a chance, the players have tuned out Coach Woodson. There is no more passion, we need a new coach, but unfortunately I dont think there is really any good coach out there to help so we'll just have to wait and see.

But anyway it would be good to see if the Spurs could get everything together and win another one this season but its gunna be pretty hard. The Lakers are stacked with talent, and the recent injuries will be a concern.

xellos88330
02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Spurs all the way.

Lakers are a great team, however, they lucked out last season. The Spurs gave away double digit leads what... 3 times last year? The Spurs offense was prone to go on long, long scoring droughts. (mostly due to wide open missed jumpers). The Spurs have seemed to have solved that problem this season. I think the Spurs are being underrated.

LockBeard
02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
There have been some interesting occurrences this year that would appear to be genuine odd year magic when looking back from June.

That alone gives the Spurs a better shot :rollin

xtremesteven33
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Barring injuries:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Celtics
4. Cavaliers

PDXSpursFan
02-26-2009, 12:43 PM
If Bynum is out, our big 3 are 100% healthy and our reserves keep playing D like in the last few games, I like our chances of winning it all. However that's too many "if".

Budkin
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Lakers have the best chance and then probably the Celtics, but we are third for sure.

Red Hawk #21
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Its gunna be hard for you guys this year, not only is the west Tough but you have to worry if Stern wants the Lakers in the finals. If Stern has already decided who he wants in the finals then its gunna be a uphill battle.

DrHouse
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
It all depends on who is the most healthy come playoff time. That's how close all of these teams are.

Red Hawk #21
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
It all depends on who is the most healthy come playoff time. That's how close all of these teams are.

Nope. It all depends on what Stern has envisioned, be happy though because Stern loves the Lakeshow.