PDA

View Full Version : Sun's situation

Ocotillo
02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Last year, Kerr spoke with Coach Bud about replacing D'Antoni. You think he goes back to him this off-season and actually makes an offer?

CubanMustGo
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Depends on how Gentry does. If Kerr's looking for someone with a Spurs background, Gentry already gives him that.

Agloco
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Last year, Kerr spoke with Coach Bud about replacing D'Antoni. You think he goes back to him this off-season and actually makes an offer?

I'm thinking Bud wants no part of that sinking ship.

stxspurs
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
X10

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
It wouldn't make much sense to go after Bud, since you'd be getting a different version of Porter insofar as Bud's primary selling point is his close ties to Pop's defensive viewpoint. The Suns fired Porter and turned to Gentry upon realizing that they don't have the personnel to play a defensively-oriented game. I don't know that it completely rules Bud out, but it sure would be a curious philosophical half-turn for the Suns to make at that point -- unless they intend to blow up the roster and start over, but in that case, I'm not sure Bud makes much sense for the job either.

Ocotillo
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking Kerr will blow up the roster this off-season unless Sarver offs him first.

Nash, Hill and O'Neal are the core (if you believe that Stoudamire is being shopped) and they call the Spurs old?

It's amazing how badly this stint as GM has gone for Kerr but I could see him blowing the whole thing up with Sarver's blessing as long as contracts are shed and start anew.

rasho8
02-26-2009, 01:56 PM
...The Suns fired Porter and turned to Gentry upon realizing that they don't have the personnel to play a defensively-oriented game...

Thats not true, They have personel that bitch, whine and just dont play when asked to play defense because they are all a bunch of bitches who want to just run around and play "fun" ball, not grind it out to play "work to win" ball.

Which is why they should ship the entire squad to the Knicks so they can juggle B'Antonis nutsack in their mouths again.