PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone miss Gilbert Arenas?

anonoftheinternets
02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
He was quite a good player for that one year, and he seemed pretty down to earth in the interview with Timmy, and that playoffs when he went up against Lebron was nice.
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1XK7X_O2E
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFfiuuRwzM

Injuries suck, would be awesome to have all the best shooting guards back, atleast wade is back, would be nice to hav manu back strong as well. Even Tmac, its kinda sad to see after how good he was in Orlando. Here's to watching quality bball without any more injuries cutting short careers. :toast

pauls931
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
not really.. I don't wish he stays injured, but I never really cared for his ego.

de Soto
02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
No.

monosylab1k
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Kind of do, kind of don't. His game isn't all that great, but he was fun and his "personality" seemed genuine. Not like the manufactured All-Star Weekend crap.

Bob Lanier
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
No.

JoeTait75
02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
He's a unique personality, and the league could always use as many of those as possible.

Red Hawk #21
02-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Kind of do, kind of don't. His game isn't all that great, but he was fun and his "personality" seemed genuine. Not like the manufactured All-Star Weekend crap.

What is the point of the All star weekend anyway?, especially the All-Star game. Players play so hard all-season just to get into the All-Star game then when they finally get there, they play soft and act like they don't want to be there. And there are so many storylines during the all-star weekend, stuff seems so "WWFish"

Obstructed_View
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but only because he's on my fantasy team.

SenorSpur
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Not him or his oversized ego.

I'll bet the Bullets, uh I mean the Blizzards wish they could have a do-over on his contract.

Mugen
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
i miss the guy. hes got a big ego but who in the nba doesnt. i remember he did a lot of charity stuff and hung out with that kid that lost his family in a fire.

i miss hibachi.

hater
02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Arenas is unique. as nice as Mother Teresa but with the personality of Muhammad Ali

JoeTait75
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Is anyone else in the NBA so much of a geek that they would write a 3,000-word blog post defending themselves against charges they they cheat when they play Halo 2 online?

hater
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Is anyone else in the NBA so much of a geek that they would write a 3,000-word blog post defending themselves against charges they they cheat when they play Halo 2 online?

I can see Duncan doing that :lol

Kai
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Seems appropriate:

5orlL3s161E

I forget who first posted this here, or I would give props.

duncan228
02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
"And the cover-up that went along with it." :lmao

Wizards' Tapscott tries to explain Arenas' practice session (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/wizards/2009-02-25-arenas-practice-coverup_N.htm)

Washington Wizards interim coach Ed Tapscott on Wednesday attempted to clarify the extent of injured star Gilbert Arenas' participation in practice — and the cover-up that went along with it.

The Wizards, at Arenas' request, had played coy after the three-time All-Star returned to practice last week. Then, in a sudden reversal befitting Agent Zero's confounding logic, Arenas decided he wanted the world to know. He told the Washington Post late Tuesday that he was practicing full-speed on his surgically repaired knee and was "running, jumping, dunking, feeling good."

Tapscott confirmed as much, saying Arenas has been doing "a few contact drills" and that "conditioning is a question." He added there remains no timetable for the return of Arenas, who has yet to play since signing a six-year, $111 million contract last summer.

"He's trying to do a little more each day," Tapscott said. "Just like everything for a very limited period. And now we'll judge how he responds."

Tapscott said he understood why Arenas wanted to keep the news quiet. Arenas' two previous attempts to return were failures, resulting in a total of three surgeries on the same knee over 18 months.

"I can understand not wanting to build up expectations of him that can't be fulfilled," Tapscott said. "He's in a tough position, having been out, and trying to work though this."

Yet now those very expectations have been raised by Arenas' comments to the Post, and the exposure of the cover-up put Tapscott in an uncomfortable position as he faced reporters before Wednesday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers. Asked if he had preferred that Arenas had not gone public, the coach said: "There are things you always wish you could have done better."

"When you can't go through the process quietly," said Tapscott, with an air of helplessness in his answer, "you go through the process publicly."

anonoftheinternets
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Seems appropriate:

I forget who first posted this here, or I would give props.

LOL.....:rollin

BlackSwordsMan
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM

halo 3

lurker
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
His revenge tour was entertaining.

Spur-Addict
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
It's unfortunate that he's injured. But, I certainly do not miss him in any manner. He's annoying to be honest.

Kamnik
02-26-2009, 08:03 PM
hell no

he is the anti-TD

jack sommerset
02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I miss agent zero

Austin_Toros
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Always annoying when injuries derail a players career, or at least season.
With Arenas, the league has lost a big name player but most importantly a personality.
I myself have forgotten about him but hope he can return so his name gets talked about once again.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
I do not miss Arenas at all. His style of play is horrible to watch. A PG who constantly hogs the ball. Guy is better as a 6th man.

peskypesky
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
i miss him. he's a lot of fun to watch. and when he's cooking, he's unstoppable.