PDA

View Full Version : Couture/Noguiera - UFC 101?

desflood
02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
COUTURE AGREES TO FIGHT WITH NOGUEIRA
Thursday, February 26, 2009 - by Tom Hamlin - MMAWeekly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couture Accepts UFC 101 Bout with Nogueira by Tom Hamlin

A long-rumored bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture and former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira appears set to take place.

According to multiple sources from Couture’s camp, he has agreed to face Nogueira at the yet-unannounced UFC 101 sometime in August. The event may take place in Portland, Ore.

The UFC is now awaiting a response from Nogueira’s camp.

Previously, Couture was offered a fight with Nogueira in the first half of 2009, but his role in Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables,” set to film in late March, got in the way.

Couture was also rumored to be under consideration for UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany on June 13, but a source indicated he would be unable to complete a proper 8-week training camp and would not take the fight.

Nogueira was last seen at UFC 92, where he lost his interim heavyweight title in a TKO loss to current interim champ Frank Mir.

Couture – who has fought for or defended a title in 15 of his 19 UFC fights – lost the undisputed heavyweight title when he succumbed to strikes against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more updates on this story as they become available.

Yet another fight that would have been relevant three years ago - but hell yes, I'll watch it.

LEONARD
02-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Yep, late...but definitely want to see it regardless...

BlackSwordsMan
02-26-2009, 04:36 PM
fedor fights the winner?

dbreiden83080
02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Should be a good fight. I know Nog has more left than what he showed against Mir.

Evan
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Mild interest.....would rather see Couture fight Cro Cop.

tlongII
02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Please Please Please let this be true! To have it here would be AWESOME!

Evan
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Please Please Please let this be true! To have it here would be AWESOME!

I was calling for this fight or a long time but the time has passed.

dallaskd
02-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Randy will win.

tlongII
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I was calling for this fight or a long time but the time has passed.

Neither fighter is a threat for the title any longer, but it would still be fun to see. It would be great to actually be at a UFC event too.

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Not that interested... I think Minotaur is washed up... Would rather see Couture rematch with Lesnar... I think Randy has more than what he showed in that fight.

desflood
02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
IT'S ON! NOGUEIRA AND COUTURE AGREE TO UFC 101
Saturday, February 28, 2009 - by Tom Hamlin - MMAWeekly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Pride and UFC interim heavyweight champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has agreed to face former UFC heavyweight champ Randy Couture at UFC 101 in August.

Though a date can’t be confirmed at this time, multiple sources wishing to remain anonymous say the unannounced card is likely to take place in Portland, Ore.

MMAWeekly.com on Thursday reported that Couture had accepted an offer to face the Brazilian, his first fight since losing the heavyweight crown to Brock Lesnar at UFC 91. Nogueira has now reciprocated, although bout agreements have yet to be signed.

tlongII
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Can anyone tell me what ticket prices are like for UFC events? I'm guessing it would be similar to a championship boxing match, but I'm not sure.

angelbelow
03-02-2009, 06:12 AM
tight!

sa_butta
03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
fedor fights the winner?
Fedor has already won by heart attack.