PDA

View Full Version : 80 bucks for sea world passes this year?

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I knew those euro bastards would fuck it all up after they bought out Anheuser Busch. Not only are they cutting out the free beer samples, but they're also jacking up the admission prices. I can only guess that beer and food prices in the park will be jacked up as well. Yeah, let's take away the most awesome thing about sea world, then make them pay more to get in on top of that.

No more Sea World for me. Which is actually cool, because I was gettin sick of the place. Only reason I went is because wifey and the kids liked it. Only thing that made the place tolerable was the water park and free beer samples.

80 bucks. Good luck with that shit Inbev-Busch. Or whatever the hell you call yourselves now. You won't be seein me there anytime soon.

Looks like it's gonna be a summer of boating and camping for family fun this year.

ploto
02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
I heard their commercial saying you can go the whole year for the admission price of one day-- is that $80??!!

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Was just looking on their website before posting this, and the annual pass for children and adults this year is 79.99 per pass. Compared to last year when I got them for less than 60 per pass. No thanks.

PM5K
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Some people are smart and some aren't.

Some people think that the way to get by when you aren't making enough money is to charge more, simple math, but what they don't see is that less people are likely to pay the inflated prices.

They would have been better off dropping the price in my opinion rather than raising it, or at the very least keeping it the same.

jack sommerset
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
80 bucks to see fish and other dumb shit. HAHA. No thanks. I went once and they had a cat show. Freaken cats doing gay ass tricks. That place sucks donkey cock.

baseline bum
02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow, if free Budweiser was the highlight of going to Sea World, that's really pathetic. LMAO @ $80 to go see that piece of shit. That's more expensive than Universal Studios or even Disney World.

Frenzy
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
my friend works for sea world (some office park opps thing) they would get free packs of beer every month... they cut that off once it was bought out. Anheuser Busch was top gun...owning all other beers...american owed....no more. I even hear they are gonna cut down on advertising in sports games. I guess everone has there price.

Das Texan
02-26-2009, 09:17 PM
supposedly inbev whatever has said that you can run budweiser advertising but we wont pay you for 90 days and you dont have any say in it.

I hope they dont have existing contracts or else there are gonna be a few lawsuits.

DannyT
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
http://www.herosalute.com/cavatx/index.html

see how much longer they keep doing this...

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
This site says its 54.99
http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?pageid=615&s_kwcid=sea%20world|2831590414

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
This site says its 54.99

That's for a single day admission. I'm talkin about the season passes. As a matter of fact, I think 54.99 is what I paid last year for a season pass. Looks like that will only get you one day this year. Then you gotta pay for parking on top of that. No thanks.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
No... the fun pass shows 54.99 which is a season pass

ploto
02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
The Fun Pass at $55 does not include parking but the Annual Pass at $80 does include parking!! Parking is now $15 per day, I think.

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM
That fun pass is something new. Thanks for pointing that out. I just went to the season passes page like I always do and was like "80 FUCKIN DOLLARS!?" Still have to wonder why they have this fun pass stashed away under the "single day tickets" link. Seems a bit shady.

Wonder how much the parking pass is this year?

Screw it. I'm not changing my mind. I've already got Wifey convinced that it's just not worth it this year. :D

I'd rather go camping and boating anyway.

mrsmaalox
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Camping and boating >>> Seaworld

Dex
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
camping and boating >>> seaworld

+1

EricB
02-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Some people are smart and some aren't.

Some people think that the way to get by when you aren't making enough money is to charge more, simple math, but what they don't see is that less people are likely to pay the inflated prices.

They would have been better off dropping the price in my opinion rather than raising it, or at the very least keeping it the same.

In the amusement industry you never lower your price when you want to attract customers and heres why.

If your down lets say from the year before and every tom dick and harry has paid 44 last year, this year you charge 48 to cover expenses and well, make money.

So your attendence is down, you decide, shit, I'm gonna lower to 40, by doing that, more people will come and i will make up the difference in volume!!

That doesn't work, and the problem is, you have to garner even more customers than you did the year before, just to get even for what you were making last year at that price.

Lowering the price is horrible for the bottom line and business itsself.

Sometimes you just have to wait things out and take the down periods.

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
This site says its 54.99

:depressed Damn! $55 bucks?

<==== paid $80 for metalfest VIP tickets :lol

leemajors
02-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Camping and boating >>> Seaworld

tell that to a 4 year old.

Blake
02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I never got the season pass thing for Sea World. Do you really need to see the same show 20 times a year?

I go every few years and then I remember why I go every few years.

I can somewhat see Fiesta Texas season passes because they have more rides.......but even then.......

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
I can somewhat see Fiesta Texas season passes because they have more rides.......but even then.......

Look for Fiesta Texas to start laying off people too.

S_A_Longhorn
02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Since you guys don't seem to be reading the prices correctly...

Fun Pass if $54.99. Decent price (price of season passes 5-6 years ago). The problem is parking. Single-day parking is $13.95. If you buy the Fun Pass, you'll have to pay for parking everytime out. The only way to get an annual parking pass is to buy the Annual pass for $79.99. Think of it as an annual parking pass of $25.

Not a bad deal, but parking passes used to be $5-10 for a year.

In comparision, Fiesta Texas also has a promotion going on for their season pass for $39.99, but it's a joke of a pass since it is only good thru May 31st! They have the normal 4-pack for $59.99 each. A single, regualr season pass is sold for $69.99.

But here is the catch on their prices: annual parking pass is $45!!! For any pass since it is not included with any package.

I got the Sea World $55 pass for myself (+$25 for annual parking ;)) and the $55 pass for my wife. My daughter is under 3 so she has free admission. Boating and camping is fun, but never a substitution for a coaster.

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 10:00 AM
We've had FT season passes for the past 5 yrs or so and we get more than our money's worth each year. We also go to Six Flags every year and go to the water park quite a few times just for that.
I"ve only been to SW once since I've moved down here.

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
And we always get the parking pass.

S_A_Longhorn
02-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I do want to take a trip to Six Flags Over Arlington this year. But Sea World is less than 5 minutes away from my home, so I get some savings in gas. For the kids, Sea World is a lot more interesting.

Sea World has a water park too. I've been to the Lost Lagoon countless times. I think I've been to FT's once.

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I do want to take a trip to Six Flags Over Arlington this year. But Sea World is less than 5 minutes away from my home, so I get some savings in gas. For the kids, Sea World is a lot more interesting.

Sea World has a water park too. I've been to the Lost Lagoon countless times. I think I've been to FT's once.

Better hurry. Six Flags is teetering on bankruptcy. They have a bunch of short term debt they need to roll over this year and almost zero chance of getting it done. One option of reorganization would be to close a bunch of parks. Supposedly fiesta Texas wouldn't be on the hit list, but you never really know till it happens.

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 10:58 AM

I've been the water park at SW and it is nice. Convenience for you is key. I live in Converse and FT is closer to us and my kids like the rides so FT works better for us. Interesting is nice but for my kids they like to have fun too.

mrsmaalox
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
tell that to a 4 year old.

I've told it to three 4 yr olds in my time :) Camping and boating aren't necessarily cheaper, but you definitely get more bang for your buck!

ploto
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
We have definitely gotten our money out of Six Flags passes because they are good all over the country. And FT is just a few minutes from home.

mrsmaalox
02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes Six Flags passes are good for us too. It's 15 minutes from the house and my kids are finally old enough that I don't need to follow them around every second of the day. We can establish a base at the waterpark and everyone goes from there. My 14 yr old is at the drop off, then pick up stage which is very nice.

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
We'll be hitting FT on Sunday.

leemajors
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I've told it to three 4 yr olds in my time :) Camping and boating aren't necessarily cheaper, but you definitely get more bang for your buck!

on their birthday?

mrsmaalox
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
on their birthday?

No because I never offered it in the first place! :D

leemajors
02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
No because I never offered it in the first place! :D

i didn't either, but her grandparents took her last year. i'm stuck

mrsmaalox
02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
i didn't either, but her grandparents took her last year. i'm stuck

See that's how I've always handled that. They knew that Grammy and Grampy did those kind of things so it was always a special thing reserved for when they were here. I was lucky :)

S_A_Longhorn
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I've been the water park at SW and it is nice. Convenience for you is key. I live in Converse and FT is closer to us and my kids like the rides so FT works better for us. Interesting is nice but for my kids they like to have fun too.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to FT. I'm a coaster enthusiat, so the multiple coasters at all Six Flags parks are a great perk for the card.

But for my kid, who is turning 2 in May, the rides may be too much for her. She'd rather see the animals than those "great" FT shows they advertise.

But as you said, conenience is key.

pkbpkb81
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
sea world is ok if you have younger kids like i do

two years ago we bought the 2 year pass and it was great

but this time we went with the zoo pass you get it for a full 12 months and the kids like

it just as much