PDA

View Full Version : As I said before, LeBron is not an MVP candidate

SpursDynasty
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Tonight's game against one of the league's worst teams (Houston Rockets) proves it....I STILL don't see what the hell is the big deal about LeBron James. He is not an All-Star by any means. I can't wait until the Spurs kick his ass tomorrow.

mavs>spurs2
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
kill yourself

benefactor
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I guess having to deal with two of the best perimeter defenders in the league had nothing to do with it.

sook
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
SD...getting old.

RedsLakers24
02-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Lebron struggles agaisnt good teams, what else is new?

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Lebron is valuable to his team more than anyone else this season. At least regular season.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Next is Dwight Howard.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Next is a tie between Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant

JoeTait75
02-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Rox have more ways to defend LeBron than any other team in the league. Most teams don't even have one perimeter defender the caliber of Artest/Battier, let alone two.

SpursDynasty
02-26-2009, 11:03 PM
If the Rockets were that great defensively they wouldn't be only 37-21. LeBron sucks. Tonight had nothing to do with the Rockets defensively.

Rogue
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
No one would still be deserving of MVP if Lebron was sunbbed. With Lebron and his assistants totally working perfectly, cavs have already become the most powerful team in the east or even in the whole league. It's just a common game in regular season.

BUMP
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
SD...getting old.

+1

*yawn*

j-money24
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Tonight's game against one of the league's worst teams (Houston Rockets) proves it....I STILL don't see what the hell is the big deal about LeBron James. He is not an All-Star by any means. I can't wait until the Spurs kick his ass tomorrow.

okay ur not funny anymore.
ur game is wack now

Rogue
02-26-2009, 11:15 PM
A fluke win may make those rockets fans hold a big party that is likely to last several days long till they acquire a lose in next game. but a win is just a win, it doesn't mean anything about the powers of those teams. Even spurs have been defeated by some scrub teams this season, never to mention those unbelievable loses mavs got. Cavs are still one of the most powerful teams in this league though they lost shamefully tonight to Rockets at toyota center.

relatively, no one will consider rockets as a better team than cavs though they demolished the cavs tonight. but we all have to admit the rockets have made an remarkable progress since tmac was done. without tmac harming this team, I believe the rockets will make their debut in the second round this season.

scanry
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Rox have more ways to defend LeBron than any other team in the league. Most teams don't even have one perimeter defender the caliber of Artest/Battier, let alone two.

Bruce Bowen >>> Artest/Battier combined...:rolleyes

BTW Bowen alone shut down Lebron in 07. When his jumper doesn't fall, he's pretty ordinary....

ducks
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
no assist first game ever james had NO ASSIST

JoeTait75
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM

BTW Bowen alone shut down Lebron in 07. When his jumper doesn't fall, he's pretty ordinary....

Bowen had PLENTY of help in that series.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Cleveland didn't lose because Lebron struggled offensively. Houston won because they picked apart the Cavs defense, especially Yao. Give credit where credit is due. Houston played a sharp game.

Austin_Toros
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
This must be a sarcastic forum.
That's why I'm going to say that Kwame Brown is better than Dwight Howard.

Pelicans78
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Battier is a better defender than Bowen. Let's not get carried away fellas. Battier is really really good defensively. Artest isn't the same defender he used to be. He's too big now. He's huge. He has no position. Too wide to play SF, too short to play PF.

Rogue
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Lebron did tried his best to win the game tonight, but the rockets looked unbelievably damn good. some of us have been ridiculing the rockets team and their franchise player- tmac, now it's time for us to change our view on that team as it is really looking good recently. rockets are 3-0 after beating cavs since tmac got outta this season, before the win over cavs the rockets got two straight wins from Blazers and bobcats who are both contenders.

BlackSwordsMan
02-26-2009, 11:48 PM
rockets just went out there and made some shots

mavs>spurs2
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Jeff get your Buffalo Wild Wings drumming ass the fuck out. You fucking suck

sook
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
no Lebron is still an MVP cand.

Both Artest and Btatier were thrown at him the whole game, and with Yao clogging the paint he didn't have a chance to get into his groove

Banzai
02-27-2009, 12:16 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/28/albundygif.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3102)

iggypop123
02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
lebron isnt the mvp, kobe is but by no means does lebron not belong in the conversation. stupid to say that

MambaJuice2408
02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
no Lebron is still an MVP cand.

Both Artest and Btatier were thrown at him the whole game, and with Yao clogging the paint he didn't have a chance to get into his groove

THIS. What wing player has a great game when Battier and Artest are healthy is the question that should be asked?

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 12:29 AM
lebron isnt the mvp, kobe is but by no means does lebron not belong in the conversation. stupid to say that

Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs. It's fact.

RedsLakers24
02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs. It's fact.

so ur saying that the lakers would win without kobe?

Rogue
02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
I can't agree more on it that the houston rockets are the worst team on this planet.

I'm not meaning the rockets rosters are not good, in fact they meshed up well and played damn perfect recently. the team itself isn't the whole thing we should take a look at to estimate a team, only with a great fan base can a team deserve the honour of "good". Rockets team has the largest number of fans, at least they all claim to be "rockets fans", but I doubt they'll still be rockets fans after yao retires or gets traded. let alone the real rockets fans that have been loving rockets team since before yao joined NBA, the other so-called rockets fans are just the last pieces of *@#$.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 12:36 AM
so ur saying that the lakers would win without kobe?

No, but they would be much better than Cleveland without Lebron.

RedsLakers24
02-27-2009, 12:40 AM
No, but they would be much better than Cleveland without Lebron.

i would agree they would be better but not much better, remember that the cavs play on the east, im not saying that lebron isnt valuable to his team, im just saying they are just as valuble as each other, just like chirs paul is to the hornets

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 12:47 AM
i would agree they would be better but not much better, remember that the cavs play on the east, im not saying that lebron isnt valuable to his team, im just saying they are just as valuble as each other, just like chirs paul is to the hornets

Fair. If the Lakers get home-court easily, Kobe should win. I guess he slips ahead of Lebron tonight. Barely. Howard is number 3. Duncan 4th.

Lars
02-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Most Valuable:
Paul
Lebron
Howard
Kobe
Duncan

Best Player:
Lebron
Kobe
Paul
Duncan
Howard

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 12:53 AM
People are overrating the East v West disparity.

It's not as vast as it was in recent years.

Up until the Celtics formed 3 of the top 4 teams in the NBA were usually from the West, sometimes the top 3 being from the West.

Now 3 of the top 4 belong to the East, and while 9th in West is similar recordwise to 4th in East, there are 13-14 teams in the East that can be considered "decent", whereas 10-15 in the West is pure trash.

iilluzioN
02-27-2009, 12:57 AM
you guys are idiots..

we all know what lebron is able to bring to the game.... he simply had a off night... chill the fuck out

peskypesky
02-27-2009, 01:01 AM
People are overrating the East v West disparity.

It's not as vast as it was in recent years.

Up until the Celtics formed 3 of the top 4 teams in the NBA were usually from the West, sometimes the top 3 being from the West.

Now 3 of the top 4 belong to the East, and while 9th in West is similar recordwise to 4th in East, there are 13-14 teams in the East that can be considered "decent", whereas 10-15 in the West is pure trash.

you're talking out yer ass. the east may not be as weak as it was a few years ago, but overall, it's still weak compared to the west. how else do you explain that right now in the east there are two playoff teams with LOSING records?

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
The East has only one team which is awful (Washington) while the West has 5 awful teams. The East is more competitive on the bottom compared to the West.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Kobe didn't dominate Lebron. The Lakers dominated the Cavs. Teams gear to stop Lebron just as much as Kobe and its easier to stop Lebron since Kobe has Gasol, Odom, etc.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Boston had the best record last season yet Kobe won. Even the Pistons had a better record I believe than the Lakers.

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 01:25 AM
lakaluva, MVP candidates don't defer to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7.

Kobe and Duncan fine. CP3? Nope. 34-22 teams don't get MVP's.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
lakaluva, MVP candidates don't defer to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7.

Kobe and Duncan fine. CP3? Nope. 34-22 teams don't get MVP's.

I never said CP3 was an MVP candidate. You're just an instigator without any info to back you up.

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
The Lakers and Kobe dominated James this year. James should not even be a candidate.

Kobe didn't have his A game in either meeting with the Cavaliers. L.A. won both of those games in the low post. Maybe Pau should be the MVP?

And seriously... CP3?

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
I didn't say you said it. I said lakaluva said it, which he did. Quit instigating.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:32 AM
I didn't say you said it. I said lakaluva said it, which he did. Quit instigating.

You're still instigating. Its your style.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
I said Kobe and the Lakers. Kobe was busting more ass when Gasol was not a Laker, and teams couldnt even slow him down. Stop acting like James has no help. He has better shooters and better ball handlers than Kobe has. What he dont have is a post player, including himself!!! PP, Allen, and KG gave up a lot to play team ball, therefore they took themselves out of contention.

Who plays for the Pistons?

Kobe will win the MVP and the title this year, with or without Bynum.

The Lakers were only a game ahead of the Hornets yet CP3 had a much better season with less help. He made the players around him. CP3 should have won it last season. There's no doubt it. He was the MVP.

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Sorry Ghazi, but smart PG's defer to whoever is hot at the time... Magic, Isaiah, Stockton, and now CP3. Pargo was hot at the time.

No he wasn't.He was just throwing up a bunch of bricks. Of course if you shoot a shit ton of shots a few are going to go in, that doesn't make you hot.

So yeah..... no PG who defers to a Euroleague scrub like Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a game 7 that only occurred because they blew a 2-0 lead cause the bullshit jumpers stopped falling should be considered an MVP candidate.

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
The Lakers were only a game ahead of the Hornets yet CP3 had a much better season with less help. He made the players around him. CP3 should have won it last season. There's no doubt it. He was the MVP.

Actually there is doubt. CP3 choked a 2 game stranglehold on the Lakers with 7 left to play, and the Lakers won the last regular season meeting. The Lakers had the best regular season record in the West, and were much better than the Hornets after the All Star break.

Cp3 and the Hornets blowing the #1 seed was a sign of things to come, when they blew a 2-0 lead against the Spurs because the jumpers stopped falling and because CP3 deferred to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7.

SpursDynasty
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
LeBron = overrated

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:42 AM
No he wasn't.He was just throwing up a bunch of bricks. Of course if you shoot a shit ton of shots a few are going to go in, that doesn't make you hot.

So yeah..... no PG who defers to a Euroleague scrub like Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a game 7 that only occurred because they blew a 2-0 lead cause the bullshit jumpers stopped falling should be considered an MVP candidate.

Pargo was on fire that 4th quarter. He was the only one CP3 could run the pick n roll with since West, Chandler, and Peja were deemed ineffective. Also, the jumpers didn't stop falling. The Spurs played better defense, plus West and Chandler weren't too healthy after Game 5. Plus, no one on that team can create shots for themselves so CP3 has to do all the work. You know all this, but you're just trying to instigate.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Actually there is doubt. CP3 choked a 2 game stranglehold on the Lakers with 7 left to play, and the Lakers won the last regular season meeting. The Lakers had the best regular season record in the West, and were much better than the Hornets after the All Star break.

Cp3 and the Hornets blowing the #1 seed was a sign of things to come, when they blew a 2-0 lead against the Spurs because the jumpers stopped falling and because CP3 deferred to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7.

The Lakers became much better after the Gasol trade. Before the trade, even with Bynum healthy, the Hornets had a better record. The Gasol trade put the Lakers over the top.

RedsLakers24
02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
The Lakers became much better after the Gasol trade. Before the trade, even with Bynum healthy, the Hornets had a better record. The Gasol trade put the Lakers over the top.

Actually the lakers were in first place before bynum got hurt, so i wouldnt say that the hornets had a better record

peskypesky
02-27-2009, 01:51 AM
I dont know if you are trying to be nice or just plain ol stupid. If James, Kobe, and Duncan goes down, those teams are still .500 teams. If CP3 goes down, they wont win 10 games. But that doesnt mean CP3 is the MVP of the league.

While Kobe was tearing the league a new asshole when the Lakers sucked for three years after Shaq, the league saw fit to give the MVP to the best player on the best regular season team, regardles of stats... Nash, Nash, Dirk. Now that the Lakers have the best team, the best player skill wise and stats wise, everyone is trying to come up with different reasons to give the MVP to someone else other than the best player on the best team. This is just another sign of hatred of Kobe.

The Lakers and Kobe dominated James this year. James should not even be a candidate.

The MVP candidates should be Kobe, Duncan, and CP3. No one else should even be mentioned. Anytime a team can back off of you and allow you to shoot an 18ft shot means you are a one demensional player. James is the fifth best shooter on his team. Imagine if teams played defense against Kobe the way they defend James... OMG!!!

I almost agree with you, but I don't. Lebron is by FAR the best player on his team, which is first place in his conference. And without him, the Cavs don't win 10 games. So he's got to be in the conversation, no matter which criteria you use. Kobe's got another franchise player on his squad (Gasol). Lebron doesn't. Kobe also has one of the greatest coaches ever, Lebron not so much.

I personally think big men should almost always be favored over 1's, 2's and 3's when it come to picking the MVP. That's the way it was in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, and most of the 1980s. It wasn't until Jordan came along that people started over-valuing guards and under-valuing big men. Jordan f'ed with everyone's heads, and I think a lot of people still haven't come back to their senses.

Facts are facts. Aside from Jordan's Bulls, I'd say 95% of championship teams had a dominant all-star big man. That's usually what you need to win a championship. Even in the post-Jordan era, when the NBA has been changing the rules to favor perimeter players at the expense of interior players, the Championships have been ALL been won by teams with a Shaq, a Duncan, a Ben Wallace or a KG controlling the paint.

People disregard the importance of rebounding and protecting the rim, while obsessing over scoring and assists. But history shows, perimeter players ain't gonna get it done. AI (1 MVP, O rings). Nash (2 MVPs, 0 rings). Dirk (1 MVP, 0 rings).

So yeah, Kobe and Lebron and CP3 are all great and super-important to their teams, but in my opinion, the MVP conversation has got to seriously consider Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol. I'm partial to the big men, cause that's the lesson of history.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Actually the lakers were in first place before bynum got hurt, so i wouldnt say that the hornets had a better record

Not true. Phoenix were in 1st while the Hornets were in the midst of a 10-game winning streak where they leapfrogged the Spurs.

peskypesky
02-27-2009, 02:24 AM
I agree with everything you said except for this part. Garnett is the 3rd option on his team, therefore no way is he the MVP of the league when hes not the MVP of his team.

You didn't quite get my post....as you're still making the mistake of over-valuing SCORING. Sure, Garnett might be the third scoring option on his team. Yes. I get that. But I painstakingly tried to make it clear that scoring (and assists) are not what should be used to determine the MVP. Not of the league. And not of a team. Garnett does more than just score. He rebounds and protects the paint. Those two things have been under-valued ever since Jordan, despite the fact that history shows how crucial they are to winning a championship. It's been said a million times: defense wins championships. Not offense.

So I'm sticking with what I said. I think when you talk about the MVP, you have to include the best big men on the best teams. And that's Duncan, Garnett, Howard and Gasol. I have no problem with anyone wanting to include Kobe, Lebron and CP3 in the conversation, but facts is facts. Big men are the most important.

peskypesky
02-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I feel you on that but like you said, Jordan changed it all.

:wakeup

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Thank you for verifying why Kobe is the MVP.:toast

My problem isn't with you thinking Kobe should be the MVP, it's with you saying LeBron shouldn't even be a candidate. That's flat-out fucking ridiculous. You can't possibly understand how important LeBron is to the Cavaliers.

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 02:57 AM
I agree with you on the team aspect, but 30 other players are in the same position, except maybe TMAC, where his team thrives when hes out. What you have to understand is James has to evolve like every great player before him did to earn that MVP honor.

The leauge has been hyping this guy since high school, and he has lived up to some of the hype, but until he developes a post game and a consistant outside shot, hes no MVP.

The team aspect is what makes an MVP. LeBron may not have a post game and a consistent jumper- and I agree he needs to develop those things, especially the post game- but the fact of the matter is he's leading his team in pretty much every major statistical category, he's probably going to be first-team All-Defense (or at least he should be) and he has his team on a 60-win pace.

You're talking best player. I'm talking Most Valuable Player, which is the issue here. When you look at what LeBron has done for his team, there's no question he's a legitimate candidate. It's not as if he'd be the first MVP candidate with holes in his game. AI and Shaq didn't have completely well-rounded games either.

KidCongo
02-27-2009, 02:57 AM
I agree with you on the team aspect, but 30 other players are in the same position, except maybe TMAC, where his team thrives when hes out. What you have to understand is James has to evolve like every great player before him did to earn that MVP honor.

The leauge has been hyping this guy since high school, and he has lived up to some of the hype, but until he developes a post game and a consistant outside shot, hes no MVP.

Really?

A guy hanging with only MJ and Oscar in regards to his statistics, as well as being the best player and only true all star on his 44-12 team.

DrHouse
02-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Don't be silly Laker fans.

It's a two horse race for MVP now between Lebron and Kobe. Right now it's up in the air, both guys are simply having incredible seasons.

In the end I think it will come down to which team has the better record at the end of the season.

IronMexican
02-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I'd give Kobe the nod. I had this as LeBron's to lose till Kobe went crazy in February.

MambaJuice2408
02-27-2009, 04:45 AM
If LA wins best record in the league by atleast 3 games over the Cavs, I'd give it to Kobe. IF not, I have no problem with LBJ winning it.

For him to have the Cavs at 44-12 and only 2 games behind LA is pretty remarkable.

Kobe has more offensively capable players, while Lebron has players that can defend. The fact they are in the elite teams of the nba is pretty crazy. Of the five contenders, the other four have a post up player.

LEONARD
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM

http://www.shitsenders.com/images/site/elephant-splash.jpg

Rogue
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
lmfao :lmao

sonic21
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Lebron was clearly the mvp in the begining of the season, but since January kobe is playing better than lebron, so it will be close.

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
The point is Lebron is as overrated as they come. King? King of what? Don't you have to actually accomplish or conquer something to be considered a "king"? He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the title "king". I am as much of a king as he is. We both have the same amount of rings. King Duncan. King Manu. Or even King Bonner. They all have won something relevant and no King Crab the All-Star game MVP does not count. So hype em up somemore ESPN and compare him to Jordan once more. You will never win anything King Crab.:ihit:ihit
:flag:

I'm sorry, you are?

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Paul is important to the Hornets
Yao is important to the Rockets
Lebron is important to the Cavs
Kobe is important to the Lakers

so what? Its not based on importance....if it was based on importance, the Kobe should have win it when Nash and Dirk did...didnt Nash have Amare and Marion? Didnt Dirk have Terry and Howard? Dint Kobe have Kwame and Smush?

You know its all about the best player with the best record. If the Lakers grab #1 and LEbron slips like he did yesterday. Kobes getting MVP.

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Paul is important to the Hornets
Yao is important to the Rockets
Lebron is important to the Cavs
Kobe is important to the Lakers

so what? Its not based on importance....if it was based on importance, the Kobe should have win it when Nash and Dirk did...didnt Nash have Amare and Marion? Didnt Dirk have Terry and Howard? Dint Kobe have Kwame and Smush?

You know its all about the best player with the best record. If the Lakers grab #1 and LEbron slips like he did yesterday. Kobes getting MVP.

You can't go wrong with Kobe getting the MVP, but that doesn't diminish what LeBron does for his own team, and what he's done this year.

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 12:44 PM
You can't go wrong with Kobe getting the MVP, but that doesn't diminish what LeBron does for his own team, and what he's done this year.

and in no way i am.

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
but Lebron needs to step it up. He is behind in record, and also lost 2 games to the guy he is going up against for MVP.

mavsluva
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Everyone has a bad day at the office every now and then.

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
but Lebron needs to step it up.

He will. He usually does. But L.A. is the best team in the league. Certainly better than Cleveland. They're better-coached than the Cavaliers, and they're so much better in the frontcourt it isn't even funny. At this point, if LeBron gets the Cavaliers to the Finals and takes the LakeShow to six games, I don't see how anyone can ask any more of him.

Really, the way I see it there should be more pressure on Kobe to step it up. He has a loaded supporting cast, and he's probably going to have homecourt throughout. He's got to get it done.

djohn2oo8
02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't agree more on it that the houston rockets are the worst team on this planet.

I'm not meaning the rockets rosters are not good, in fact they meshed up well and played damn perfect recently. the team itself isn't the whole thing we should take a look at to estimate a team, only with a great fan base can a team deserve the honour of "good". Rockets team has the largest number of fans, at least they all claim to be "rockets fans", but I doubt they'll still be rockets fans after yao retires or gets traded. let alone the real rockets fans that have been loving rockets team since before yao joined NBA, the other so-called rockets fans are just the last pieces of *@#$.

How can you talk shit when you know that lebron could drop 50+ on the mavs???

http://obli.net/media/1/20050818-how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fuck-up.jpg

SpursDynasty
02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Someone tell me what LeBron does, other than make jump shots when he's on a streak?

BlackSwordsMan
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Someone tell me what LeBron does, other than make jump shots when he's on a streak?

he's made shots he's supposed to and went out there and did what he does best

JoeTait75
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Shoots some shots, grabs some rebounds, dishes some dimes.

ginobili's bald spot
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Rebounds?

Assists?

Get to the basket and get high percentage shots?

Leads his team to victories?

He is better at all those things than he is at shooting jumpers.

P.S. You're shitty at trolling. Try to say things that are at least simi debatable.

RedsLakers24
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Lebron is still an MVP candidate, and if someone ask me to pick Lebron or Kobe to start a team with i would pick lebron because of age, but right now i would say Kobe is the better player but Lebron is the MVP

LEONARD
02-27-2009, 01:58 PM

sook
02-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Lebron is top 2 in MVP next to Kobe, its just that its a lot easier to take Lebron out of the game with tough defenses, and its not the same with Kobe...HOWEVER

Kobe has a MUCH better team and i feel that if lebron gets that next player the Cavs will be unstoppable, assuming its before 2010 :lol

Killakobe81
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Lebron is an MVP candidate but STILL not the bes player...yet.
Cavs are overrated ...Lakers, Spurs, Celts and Rockets have ingredients to limit lebron ...athletic defenders and a big man to help out in the lane ....until both he and the Cavs get better no titles in Cleveland ...

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
^ Who the hell is athletic on the Spurs?

The King owns Boston

Banzai
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/hijack/Hijack-DeNiro.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/hijack/Hijack-DeNiro.jpg)

Killakobe81
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM

The King owns Boston

Bowen ia an athletic defender ... no he cant run and dunk ...but watch him get in his defensive stance,move his feet, clutch grab push and trip that is athleticism as well ...

Killakobe81
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Bowen ia an athletic defender ... no he cant run and dunk ...but watch him get in his defensive stance,move his feet, clutch grab push and trip that is athleticism as well ...

Manu when healthy is a world-class athlete ...

Killakobe81
02-27-2009, 03:28 PM

The King owns Boston

not down the stretch of game 7 ...we will see this year ..i think Posey was a key ...
but Pierce played him tough as well...

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Kobe maybe the best scorer in the league, debateable with D-Wade, but I don't believe he is the best basketball player in the league. He's mostly a scorer, but doesn't get too many assists, rebounds, etc. He is a good on the ball defender. I still debate Kobe being the overall best player in the league.

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Kobe maybe the best scorer in the league, debateable with D-Wade, but I don't believe he is the best basketball player in the league. He's mostly a scorer, but doesn't get too many assists, rebounds, etc. He is a good on the ball defender. I still debate Kobe being the overall best player in the league.

then who is?

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
then who is?

Lebron

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Lebron

that because Kobe doesnt get enough rebounds and assist right?

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Lebron

I don't know! Kobe has the best offensive arsenal maybe in history. But I think his basketball IQ could be higher. I think if he had Lebron's or CP3's IQ he could have been the best of all time. I don't think he has great vision as a passer mainly because he looks to score so much. He should have alot of assists on his team because Fisher isn't a big assist guy.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
that because Kobe doesnt get enough rebounds and assist right?

He won't match Lebron in rebounds because of size, but CP3 shouldn't outrebound him. That's ridiculous. My biggest beef with Kobe would be assists. I think he could be a better playmaker.

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 07:16 PM
He won't match Lebron in rebounds because of size, but CP3 shouldn't outrebound him. That's ridiculous. My biggest beef with Kobe would be assists. I think he could be a better playmaker.

Stats are misleading...if thats the case, then Amare should be the best player in the league.

My biggest beef with Lebron is that he doesnt have a consistant mid range jump shot. He doesnt have a consistant 3 point shot. He doesnt have a conistant Free throw shot...and he cant post up Derek Fisher.

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't know! Kobe has the best offensive arsenal maybe in history. But I think his basketball IQ could be higher. I think if he had Lebron's or CP3's IQ he could have been the best of all time. I don't think he has great vision as a passer mainly because he looks to score so much. He should have alot of assists on his team because Fisher isn't a big assist guy.

Why be a assist guy when you might be "the best offensive arsenal maybe in history" (according to you)

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Stats are misleading...if thats the case, then Amare should be the best player in the league.

My biggest beef with Lebron is that he doesnt have a consistant mid range jump shot. He doesnt have a consistant 3 point shot. He doesnt have a conistant Free throw shot...and he cant post up Derek Fisher.

Fair point. I don't have a big beef with Lebron not being a great 3-point shooter since he is so huge, it's hard physically to shoot off the dribble from that far distance. But I totally agree with you about not posting up. He should be destroying people in the paint. No excuse. He could get so many easy baskets by posting up in the paint. He's so wide and explosive, it would be impossible to defend him. Come on Lebron, quit trying to be like Jordan, but instead be like Magic.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Why be a assist guy when you might be "the best offensive arsenal maybe in history" (according to you)

Fair point again. Damn you machine!

Still, with the best offensive arsenal in history, he should shoot a higher percentage. I'm probably being picky, but I think he takes too many low percentage shots. Maybe i'm wrong, but teams overdefend him, he could get alot of assists. That's why Phil hated him during the Shaq days.

monosylab1k
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM

VpMjAxGfmmk

Rogue
02-27-2009, 07:32 PM
VpMjAxGfmmk
tmac was so good a player :depressed

TheMACHINE
02-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Fair point again. Damn you machine!

Still, with the best offensive arsenal in history, he should shoot a higher percentage. I'm probably being picky, but I think he takes too many low percentage shots. Maybe i'm wrong, but teams overdefend him, he could get alot of assists. That's why Phil hated him during the Shaq days.

I just want to say again. Im arguing more to the point that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Im not arguing that Kobe is a lock for MVP. I think Lebron is up there with him. Lebron is doing a heck of a job keeping his team in the hunt for best record. Im basically saying that based on overall skill and mentality, Kobe is the best player.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I just want to say again. Im arguing more to the point that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Im not arguing that Kobe is a lock for MVP. I think Lebron is up there with him. Lebron is doing a heck of a job keeping his team in the hunt for best record. Im basically saying that based on overall skill and mentality, Kobe is the best player.

Yes those are two different questions. It is a fun debate.

KidCongo
02-27-2009, 07:43 PM

LeBron can post up a lot more often but he has posted more this year. He is probably still trying to get comfortable playing this way. The FT is at 77%, I'd say that is pretty consistent, it's no Steve Nash but it's consistent.

The mid-range and 3pt are apparantly being extensively worked on and it may take until next season or the season after to see real results.

How would Amare be the best player according to stats? Wouldn't CP3 or LeBron be?

Rogue
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
How can you talk shit when you know that lebron could drop 50+ on the mavs???

you talk like an immigrant son, but I still hope you're not.

repeatedly I have been announcing that I have nothing against rockets team or the real rockets fans, but there actually exist millions of idiots that claim they're rockets fans yet have no love at all for the rockets team.

Rockets team used to be a respectable team in 90s. with Dream and drexler and a couple of decent role players, that team played great games and won 2 straight championships. even though the rockets team stepped into their dark time after dream retired, francis and mobley still played pretty hard and their hard play helped defend the fame of the rockets team. but the rockets team started to collapse after they drafted yao on 02's draft night.

no matter how bad the statistics a team has are, it is still alive and has the hope to rebuild another dynasty only if the team has fans that really love it. healthy or sick, wealthy or poor... the true love always stands still. some rockets fans truly have sincere love for their team, they can eternally keep their love for their team even though their team sucks. but the "love" from other "rockets fans" is highly suspectable.

Rockets didn't play well in the playoffs of the past two seasons, instead of finding the problems and sloving them some rockets fans just kept blaming their only superstar, some of them even built a website called www.blametracy.com (http://www.blametracy.com). they allowed yao to rest 4 months for some ailment in his toe, but they had no mercy on tmac even when his knee joint was already "bone against bone, with no cartilage". they kept forcing tmac to come back everytime he was out due to injuries, usually tmac had to come back to play games with injury and pain. those idiots put pressure and blame on tmac's back, aggravated his injury time after time and finally destroyed a talented player.

compared to their torture on tmac, it's even more unbelievable how excessive they spoil yao. for those idiots yao is just like a panda.

I genuinely feel ashamed for the real rockets fans to stand on the same side with those idiots who have little knowledge about NBA or the language we speak. those idiots gathered together in millions and keep spewing worthless comments on our nation on purpose of spreading their erosion to us, but I refuse to let them realize their dream.

quantity is always beaten by quality...

to be continued.

Rogue
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
there're 453.5 million people around the world claiming to be rockets fans, but 97.5% of them are idiots living in a terrible territory. of the rest 2.5% there're also 0.3% are not real rockets fans. djohn is just included in the 0.3% of assistant idiots.

the only reason why these idiots root for rockets is just yao's presence on rockets team, so they'll immediately stop rooting for rockets team once yao gets traded or retires.

Tmac&Luther
02-27-2009, 10:34 PM

:lol :lmao :rollin Oh man...:lol

Bowen winning 1st team defender over Shane Battier last year was a absolute travesty..some Spurs fans will even admit that.

BTW, where's that "1st team defender in this game". Bowen used to be a great defender, the torch has been passed. Battier > Bowen and this is without "combining Artest".

Tmac&Luther
02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
there're 453.5 million people around the world claiming to be rockets fans, but 97.5% of them are idiots living in a terrible territory. of the rest 2.5% there're also 0.3% are not real rockets fans. djohn is just included in the 0.3% of assistant idiots.

the only reason why these idiots root for rockets is just yao's presence on rockets team, so they'll immediately stop rooting for rockets team once yao gets traded or retires.

Houston is the 4th largest city in America dumbass.....even without "China" there's plenty of Rockets fans to go around. Unlike your shitty mavs they actually have a rich history with titles and great alltime players.

mavs>spurs2
02-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Houston is the 4th largest city in America dumbass.....even without "China" there's plenty of Rockets fans to go around. Unlike your shitty mavs they actually have a rich history with titles and great alltime players.

commit suicide. you're in the .3%, you suck at contributing good insight. all you rocket fans on this board do now days is try to trash the mavs and its pathetic how bad you guys suck at it

Tmac&Luther
02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
commit suicide. you're in the .3%, you suck at contributing good insight. all you rocket fans on this board do now days is try to trash the mavs and its pathetic how bad you guys suck at it

Wrong buddy. Mav fans start 90% of the bullshit on this board (just like the S.D. rip off above).....go ask the Spurs fans. Your fanbase just comes off like a bunch of trolls and while there might be some good Mav posters on here, the Dallas troll losers have tainted y'all's name. I'm sorry if you might get dragged into this crap, but it's the Dallas trolls that bring down the I.Q. of this entire board.

I mean seriously everytime I log onto this board I have to read posts from Dallas fans talking about how much team A. B. and C. sucks even though team A. B. and C. is ahead of them in the standings and has a better record than they do....it's just dumb.

mavs>spurs2
02-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Wrong buddy. Mav fans start 90% of the bullshit on this board (just like the S.D. rip off above).....go ask the Spurs fans. Your fanbase just comes off like a bunch of trolls and while there might be some good Mav posters on here, the Dallas troll losers have tainted y'all's name.

I can think of maybe 2 bad Mav fan posters on the board. The majority of this shit gets started because somewhere along the lines it became "cool" to trash the Mavs while they're down. I usually don't pay it any attention to such things but it's gotten about 10 times worse as of late. I don't think any Mav fans here have anything against the Rockets personally. I know while I don't really care for this current team or Yao, Hakeem is probably my favorite player of all time on any team.

Tmac&Luther
02-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I can think of maybe 2 bad Mav fan posters on the board. The majority of this shit gets started because somewhere along the lines it became "cool" to trash the Mavs while they're down. I usually don't pay it any attention to such things but it's gotten about 10 times worse as of late. I don't think any Mav fans here have anything against the Rockets personally. I know while I don't really care for this current team or Yao, Hakeem is probably my favorite player of all time on any team.

That's cool, people love to trash Houston while they're down and I understand we're rivals, but the few idiots who just log on just to start shit, after awhile you can't tell who the legit posters are (the ones that just want to discuss basketball) and who the dumbasses are.....after awhile everything get's clouded.....and while we're on this topic, that guy "S.D" he used to walk the fine line of being a troll and just being funny, but now he's crossed it too.

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM

Fail....

I give props to Bowen even though he was the Rick Flair of the NBA (dirtiest player in the game) he was (key word) WAS a great defender, but to say he's a better defender than Battier is bat shit crazy and completely homeristic.

Battier is probably the smartest defender in the entire league.(Great man to man and one of the best help defenders in the league also)...He doesn't push the rules like Bowen did, he just studies a crap load of tape and picks up on on the opposing players/teams' tendencies and knows what their going to do before they even know when they're going to do it. The guy's basketball I.Q. is through the roof. I could see this guy being a coach one day, but knowing him he'll probably be a U.S. Senator instead.....really smart guy.