PDA

View Full Version : Ksat 12

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
:toast Kudos to you guys! You were the only channel that had the "live" high speed chase that was going on at around 10:00 pm......the guy bailed and KSAT's helicopter remained on the pursuit.

The cops caught up with the bad guy, and he was arrested. :tu

That is all.

S_A_Longhorn
02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
The helicopter pilot for KSAT used to be with SAPD. ;)

BTW, did KSAT cut some reporters? I've seen David Sears doing non-sports stories this week.

ploto
02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
BTW, did KSAT cut some reporters? I've seen David Sears doing non-sports stories this week.

Just wondering . . .

Have you noticed how some of our TV news personalities have been wearing new and different hats these days?

After KENS weekend sportscaster Dyrol Joyner became a casualty in recent station layoffs, weekend co-anchor Christopher Heath has been pulling double duty: delivering sports news as well as regular news on Saturday-Sunday.

However, KENS general manager Bob McGann indicated this is just a temporary move until the station can put firmer weekend sports plans in place.

Meantime, at KSAT, David Sears, who's been a sportscaster at the station for a couple of decades at least, has been spotted doing general news reporting.

"We're glad viewers have noticed he's as comfortable with general news stories as he is with sports," said KSAT spokesman David Cuccio.

Sears hasn't hung up his sports mike entirely, however. Cuccio said he'll continue filling in for main sportscasters Greg Simmons and Larry Ramirez whenever needed.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/tv/Jeanne_Jakle_Viewers_hold_fate_of_SAs_Glau.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
:toast Kudos to you guys! You were the only channel that had the "live" high speed chase that was going on at around 10:00 pm......the guy bailed and KSAT's helicopter remained on the pursuit.

The cops caught up with the bad guy, and he was arrested. :tu

That is all.

Thanks. It's situations like that which make me wish we had our Webcam up at all times. I must have heard, "Take the fucking chase!" about five times during the opening story. :lmao We had been tailing that chase for a minute or two before the show started.

Here's some ground-level stuff we got. http://www.ksat.com/news/18807227/detail.html In the first video, go to the 4:10 mark and watch what nearly happened to Sears and Lerma.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I love watching our guys driving to the scene of something. There's usually a hell of a lot of bouncing in those live trucks.

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks. It's situations like that which make me wish we had our Webcam up at all times. I must have heard, "Take the fucking chase!" about five times during the opening story. :lmao We had been tailing that chase for a minute or two before the show started.

So the news trucks have web cams on them? I did not know that. Cool!

Here's some ground-level stuff we got. http://www.ksat.com/news/18807227/detail.html In the first video, go to the 4:10 mark and watch what nearly happened to Sears and Lerma.

Thanks.....it was that dog's lucky day. :wow

:lol @ the dog barking in the background

It felt like I was living in LA with the high speed chase.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2009, 10:54 AM
So the news trucks have web cams on them? I did not know that. Cool!

Nope. I went to a convention last summer where I met some people from the journalism grad school at CUNY. We played with this web-based tool called Qik that allows you to stream live from your cell phone.

Well, five people in our newsroom have taken the necessary steps to do so -- three iPhones, two Samsung phones -- and I'll pick up their embed code from any story they do (or post the livestream directly). It's a lot easier than waiting for them to feed back video, especially on a breaking news story where they're still working.

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Nope. I went to a convention last summer where I met some people from the journalism grad school at CUNY. We played with this web-based tool called Qik that allows you to stream live from your cell phone.

Well, five people in our newsroom have taken the necessary steps to do so -- three iPhones, two Samsung phones -- and I'll pick up their embed code from any story they do (or post the livestream directly). It's a lot easier than waiting for them to feed back video, especially on a breaking news story where they're still working.

I learn something new everyday. Can you send that news story to anyone in your Favorite 5? :lol