PDA

View Full Version : A Short History of the World with LJ and Kori Ellis

leemajors
02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/02/27/a-short-history-of-the-world-with-lj-and-kori-ellis/

:toast

urunobili
02-27-2009, 09:19 AM
:lol

This definitively has some juicy data... :stirpot:

Bookmarking for future reference... :stirpot:

urunobili
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/02/27/a-short-history-of-the-world-with-lj-and-kori-ellis/

Let me add the words to the thread if you don't mind... :toast

If you have ever taken the time to sift through our comments, or leave one yourself, you know that Spurs fans are a dedicated and intelligent lot. They know their stuff. In fact, if basketball fans can be broken into class (I foresee a Rob Mahoney chart in our future), Spurs fans are something akin to the neighborhood’s spoiled little rich kid. Not Lakers rich. Not Celtics rich. But privileged. They’re like the 20-something indie kid whose retro tee silently heralds The Smiths as rock’s greatest band, thereby disdaining all those who foolishly, inexcusably disagree; they’re your snooty film buff friend who chatters you stiff with cafe exegesis that unpacks each and every allusion contained within last night’s Wes Anderson flick– “I’m surprised you didn’t see Francis Whitman’s strong Van Gogh overtones…”

A stuffy crowd.

But you know, I like people like that. Nerdy pretension is the new Fonzie Fonzarelli aloof. And that can be fun. There are a bundle of great Spurs fan sites out there. Just check the link list to the right. They’re all worth visiting. But for the purposes of this post, I want to draw your attention to SpursTalk.

SpursTalk is helmed by LJ and Kori Ellis–Kori is a freelance journalist who covers the Spurs. They were kind enough to field a few questions.

TV: How and when did SpursTalk come about? Specifically, you moderate the board as a husband/wife tandem. Did you know one another prior to SpursTalk?

Kori: We both used to post on another Spurs message board. At the time, I lived in Los Angeles and LJ lived here in San Antonio.

LJ had been posting on that forum for several years and I was fairly new on the scene.

We became acquainted with each other primarily in the site’s chatroom. In March 2002, the chatroom led to an email conversation where we learned a little more about each other. About a week after the first email, we decided to talk on the phone. The first night we talked for 7 hours. That pretty much sealed our fate.

Over the next five weeks, we would talk countless hours on the phone until I eventually came to San Antonio in April to meet “timvp” in person. By this time, both of us actually thought we would end up married (even though we had yet to meet).

I stayed in San Antonio for five days on that visit and by the time I went back to L.A., we were planning the rest of our lives together. For eight weeks I would fly to San Antonio on Friday nights and fly back to Los Angeles on Monday morning. Eventually LJ came to Los Angeles for a month, when we decided I would leave the city and move back to San Antonio with him.

In August 2002, I moved out here. We got married that December and began living happily ever after.

A few months after we were married, in early 2003 we decided to open our own Spurs forum. We opened in March of that year on ezboard (free forum software). At the time it was called Full Sport Press and we had a couple dozen regular posters. I posted between 100 and 150 times a day during the first several months to try to build the community and keep conversation going.

Obviously things have evolved over the years. We changed the name to SpursTalk for the 2004-05 season and operate on our own servers (two of them). We have nearly 15,000 members and we get almost 8 million page views a month.

TV: How did each of you become a Spurs fan?

Kori: I’ve been a big basketball fan since I was a kid. I became a Tim Duncan fan when he was at Wake Forest. I watched as many of his games as I could and when he landed in San Antonio, I followed him to the Spurs.

LJ: I’ve lived in San Antonio since I was six years old and have been a Spurs fan since I can remember. I’ve always loved basketball and I got hooked on the Spurs the first time I watched them play.

TV: I’m obviously a proponent of blogs and boards and such. One of the great things about boards, for example, is the ability to bee hive—to bring together multiple perspectives around a unifying principle that underlies the relationships, such as love for a particular team. In other words, you’re able to collaborate toward consensus. Have you seen this take place at SpursTalk? To what extent does a team-specific message board/blog comment thread function as a fan think tank?

Kori: We’ve been fortunate to have built a Spurs community around a group of core fans who really, really know the Spurs inside and out. There’s a big group of posters who have been around for a while who have an incredible amount of knowledge about the Spurs and an unquestionable dedication to the team. Because of that, the message board has always operated as think tank for the hardcore Spurs fan. No matter the subject, if it relates to the Spurs, chances are it’s been talked about and analyzed ad nauseam on the board.

And really, that quality “think tank” attribute has allowed SpursTalk to remain insightful throughout the years, even as the community grows bigger by the day. To some, Spurs fans arguing about the 15th roster spot for 20 pages may seem a bit crazy, but on SpursTalk that has always been the norm.

TV: In time, your active posters no doubt take on unique personalities. Some of our commenters have endured themselves to me in that way. I’m sure you love them all, but if you were forced to only name a few, which members do you really appreciate?

LJ: It’s really difficult to narrow it down to just a few people. I just checked and there are more than 500 people with more than a thousand posts on the message board, so narrowing that down to a handful is virtually impossible. There are literally hundreds of posters who deserve special recognition.

If you are going to force me to pick one individual, I’d have to say either Solid D or Marcus Bryant. Solid D is the best of the best, while Marcus Bryant is a Spurs Fan of legendary status. Oh and if we are talking unique characters, I can’t sufficiently answer this question without mentioning Mouse.

TV: Much like the Spurs themselves, your board has a distinct international feel. What does the presence of international fans add to the equation?

Kori: It adds a tremendous amount. First of all, the SpursTalk servers are hosted and monitored in Slovenia by a Spurs fan who we met through SpursTalk. Janez, aka Slomo on the message board, has really helped us out as SpursTalk has grown to ensure that it is always up and operational.

There have also been many instances when the international fans have broken Spurs stories and news. One instance that stands out was when one of the Canadian posters (JUUOT) heard on a French radio station that Tony Parker had signed his extension with the Spurs. Thanks to him, the Spurs fans on SpursTalk were able to get that news hours before any other American news source picked up the story.

The speed of which Spurs news travels when we have Spurs fans all over the globe on the forum is pretty astonishing. One time, a few Slovenian Spurs fans were watching Beno Udrih play for their national team and informed us that he got injured. So SpursTalk knew Beno was injured before the Spurs even did.

It’s really just unbelievable how many hardcore Spurs fans there are all around the globe. From the Philippines to Australia and Argentina to France, we have posters from just about every part of the world. Each month, we have people visiting SpursTalk from over 75 different countries.

TV: Sometimes the SpursTalk community meets up in time and space. How did the first GTG happen, and how have those occasions changed the board?

Kori: Get togethers have been a staple since the beginning. A lot of us knew each other even before the birth of SpursTalk so it was only natural to get together to watch Spurs games. Each year, especially in the playoffs, we have GTGs either at our house or out somewhere.

As a result of the GTGs, there are many people who have become friends in real life through the message board. Amazingly enough, there are even three couples who met on SpursTalk who are getting married in 2009!

TV: Your archives probably contain more news clips than one researcher could stand. In what sense, if any, does the board function as team chronicler? Do you feel any obligations in this regard or is it just some happy accident?

LJ: We definitely have some sense of obligation to the history. For that reason, we take extra steps to keep things organized and we avoid deleting posts at all costs. Besides, it’s a SpursTalk tradition to go back through the archives to point out who ended up being wrong and who ended up being right.

I admit to sometimes going back and reading some of the game threads to relive some of the games, especially during the summer when I need a Spurs fix.

TV: More than a factual archive, SpursTalk is something of an emotional archive. That is, it has chronicled the emotional reaction of Spurs fans to their team, even to the minutest of details, like Tony’s tux clashing with Eva’s dress. What are some of your most prominent memories of emotional reaction from board members to events in team history? Do you recall any remarkable “off the charts” moments?

Kori: It’s difficult to narrow it down because just about everything that happens regarding the Spurs creates an emotional reaction on SpursTalk. Obviously the three championship runs SpursTalk has been around for have been the most notable. But I have to say that .4 and the loss against the Mavericks in 2006 have to be up there as well.

TV: SpursTalk has a number of repeat threads, annual or otherwise. For example, every time I’ve peaked in someone has hatched a trade scheme that brings LeBron James to the Spurs for a package of international rights and Jacque Vaughn. And Ian Mahinmi has been compared to Wilt Chamberlain more than once. I’m guessing the most basic recurring thread is LJ’s Game Thoughts series. Folks seem to flock to those. How long have the Game Thoughts existed, and how many games has SpursTalk missed?

LJ: I’m not sure exactly how long it’s been, but at least a couple of seasons now. I previously did grades after games and gave each player a grade on their performance. And previous to that, there were other forms that eventually evolved into the current “Game Thoughts”.

TV: Why does SpursTalk host a Kings and Pistons board? Are you hedging your bets for the post-Duncan era?

Kori: Ha. Actually, you can trace the origins of those boards to the fact that the Spurs played each of those teams in the playoffs somewhat recently. We had the Kings board for a couple seasons but it never really took off. The Pistons board has been around since after the 2005 playoffs and flourishes. During the Finals series, fans from the Pistons flocked to SpursTalk. They were relatively respectful and very knowledgeable. After the series ended, a lot of the fans stuck around and have been at SpursTalk ever since.

TV: What is your favorite Spurs moment?

Kori: I loved the 2003 championship run. If I had to pick a specific moment it would be watching David Robinson exit the court for the last time as an NBA champion. Although I wasn’t a big Robinson fan before becoming a Spurs fan, my admiration of him grew when I followed the team on a daily basis.

LJ: It has to be the 1999 championship. After watching the Spurs come up short every year, it’s hard to put into words how awesome it was to finally see them win it all. Almost ten years later and it’s still hard to believe that the Spurs have a championship, much less four.

TV: Favorite Popovich moment?

Kori: Asking him a question in an interview session for the first time. He has a reputation for being “difficult” with members of the media and while he’s somewhat intimidating in person, I’m happy to say that Pop has always been friendly to me and answered my questions thoughtfully.

LJ: Pop celebrating during the 1999 championship river parade has to be number one on my list. His usual stoic persona was gone and he was dancing on the river barge for the entire length of the ride.

TV: And your favorite player moment?

Kori: Stephen Jackson’s three-pointers in the fourth quarter of Game 6 against the Nets. He was my favorite player at the time and to see him come up clutch when the Spurs needed it most was definitely memorable.

LJ: Memorial Day Miracle. Although special recognition goes out to Avery Johnson’s jumper, David Robinson’s final game, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in Game 7 against the Pistons and countless other moments.

TV: You’re devoted San Antonio Spurs fans. You’re totally spoiled. Do you ever wonder what life as a fan will look like when the team is 4 years on without a playoff birth? I know, you’ll be thankful for the lack of trolls. But one can’t expect the Spurs to bat .700 forever, can they? Do you ready yourself to trek across parched earth after year’s of vacationing at sea?

Kori: Sure, SpursTalk will be fine. More than just a message board, it has become an extended family for a lot of us. While it might not be as wild as it is today when the Spurs are perennially lottery bound, I’m sure Spurs fans will find something to argue about.

Kamnik
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Amazing read.

That answers some of the questions i had about this forum but i never asked them.

Amazing story/people!

p.s.

I just noticed i went over 1000 posts recently. Thanks for thinking about me LJ! :toast:danceclub

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
:tu nice.

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
:tu That's cool. Kori, do you remember that 1st big GTG we had @ Tex's?

benefactor
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Nice article. I started posting here last summer just before the SL started, so its good to know a little bit of background info about the site. I have to admit...this place is the gold standard as far as message boards go.

Spursmania
02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Phenomenal beginnings. I am so happy to have found this site.:toast

MoSpur
02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Very cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Rogue
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
in particular our moderators and administrators should thank Ghost Writer who has already unbelievably posted over 1 million posts here on spurstalk. :lol

ORION
02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
If they asked with member is the most ignored or the most full of shit then I would have been mentioned

urunobili
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
in particular our moderators and administrators should thank Ghost Writer who has already unbelievably posted over 1 million posts here on spurstalk. :lol

well that is not exactly true... there is a reason and a story behind why him and Marcus Bryant have over a mill posts... :downspin:

MI21
02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
That blog is very good. It's now affiliated with Truehoop I believe? I wonder if Truehoop will link to this specific article, may even entice some fans that haven't come across SpursTalk yet to join.

:toast to SpursTalk!

Bruno
02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Nice article. :tu

polandprzem
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I ate too much, now I feel full.

btw. was that a short story?

sonic21
02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
:tu nice article

bonesinaz
02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I started posting on the other site in 2003. I remember how freaked out I was when I couldn't find Kori, LJ, Marcus Bryant, Ghost, Solid D, Mouse, and Tpark anymore. Then someone sent a link and I have been here ever since.

I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into making this place fun, a place for me to forget about all the bad stress and just stress out about the Spurs. :)

Spurminator
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM

bonesinaz
02-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Spurm-
Did you used to post on the old ESPN boards?

ORION
02-27-2009, 11:00 AM
:tu nice article

I'm going to take back that archery high score !

timvp
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Well written. :tu

And props to the peeps of ST.

Michi_Germany
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow, very nice interview. Great stuff :-)

MouseDynasty
02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
TV: In time, your active posters no doubt take on unique personalities. Some of our commenters have endured themselves to me in that way. I’m sure you love them all, but if you were forced to only name a few, which members do you really appreciate?

LJ: It’s really difficult to narrow it down to just a few people. I just checked and there are more than 500 people with more than a thousand posts on the message board, so narrowing that down to a handful is virtually impossible. There are literally hundreds of posters who deserve special recognition.

If you are going to force me to pick one individual, I’d have to say either Solid D or Marcus Bryant. Solid D is the best of the best, while Marcus Bryant is a Spurs Fan of legendary status. Oh and if we are talking unique characters, I can’t sufficiently answer this question without mentioning Mouse.

:king

Kori Ellis
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
That blog is very good. It's now affiliated with Truehoop I believe? I wonder if Truehoop will link to this specific article, may even entice some fans that haven't come across SpursTalk yet to join.

:toast to SpursTalk!

Yes it's linked at True Hoop :smokin

Kori Ellis
02-27-2009, 11:52 AM
:tu That's cool. Kori, do you remember that 1st big GTG we had @ Tex's?

:lol Of course. How much tequila did we drink? :downspin:

m33p0
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
oh, dear Lord. forecast is for more trolls.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm sure the writer of the blog would appreciate any comments over on the post on his site too. If you all have a moment. :tu

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM

It was so huge, I had to make name tags for everyone, remember? Good times. :toast

Congrats to you and LJ 1st, for making ST what it is today. :)

Spurminator
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Spurm-
Did you used to post on the old ESPN boards?

Yeah I posted there during the Lakers' 3-year run. You?

Summers
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Very nice read. It's cool when people get the recognition they deserve.

IronMexican
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Great read. And congrats on an awesome website:tu

tp2021
02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
As recently as 2 years ago, I wouldn't have thought about having a singular favorite website. Now, I can't imagine spending hours on end anyplace else. Its more than a site, its a community, and I'm glad I found it and that the posters and mods make it such an awesome place to visit and be a part of every day.

:tu

xtremesteven33
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Ive been a Spurs fan since birth and have learned so much from this Forum about my Spurs.

Its great to be a part of the best NBA Forum on the Net :toast

NRHector
02-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Great job Kori and timvp, all your hard work is finally being recognized :toast

NRHector
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
ive been a spurs fan since birth and have learned so much from this forum about my spurs.

Its great to be a part of the best nba forum on the net :toast+1

urunobili
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
oh, dear Lord. forecast is for more trolls.

:lmao

urunobili
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Great job Kori and timvp, all your hard work is finally starting to be recognized :toast

FIFY :smokin

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Well-earned and much-deserved recognition. For someone who loves to talk about the Spurs, but doesn't always have willing ears nearby, this place is heavenly. I think I've learned more about basketball and the Spurs from posters on this site than from any other source. Things can get myopic and silly sometimes, but I know how much I trust this site by the fact that when I'm out of town or out of touch for a few days, this is my first internet stop when the opportunity arises.

Hi. I'm From Way Downtown and I'm a SpursTalkaholic.

EricB
02-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Well-earned and much-deserved recognition. For someone who loves to talk about the Spurs, but doesn't always have willing ears nearby, this place is heavenly. I think I've learned more about basketball and the Spurs from posters on this site than from any other source. Things can get myopic and silly sometimes, but I know how much I trust this site by the fact that when I'm out of town or out of touch for a few days, this is my first internet stop when the opportunity arises.

:lol

Ditto.

Well said FWD.

Doug Collins
02-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd like to thank Dingle Berry for recommending this site, and freeing me from the clutches of spursreport.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my 3.8 years here.

Thanks guys for a great site!

NRHector
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
FIFY :smokin:lol

angel_luv
02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Congrats on that interview and article Kori and L.J.

I liked it a lot.
I am always pleased when you guys are recognized as you so well deserve!

Brazil
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice reading ! congrats !

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Glad to see you guys getting your props. I'm a little surprised that anything affiliated with ESPN would call attention here, since 90% of what's said about ESPN is far from flattering.

polandprzem
02-27-2009, 01:01 PM
It's good ocasion to say sory for my unnecessery bitchings I had

crc21209
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Big Props to timvp and Kori. That was a nice interview/read. I didnt know much about the background of you two or Spurstalk as a whole, that was a pretty good read. It's funny because I remember the first time I got on this site I was a Sophomore in High School (15 or 16) in 2004 and ever since then I have gotten on this forum everyday since then and I am now 20 going on 21. It's funny because I remember thinking....hmmm should I join and post...but I was somewhat nervous about being bashed I guess for some thoughts haha...but I finally decided you know what...I gotta be a part of this family and whether it be ranting about being the best, or going through some of the worst times, I'm proud to say I'm a member of the SpursTalk family.

ambchang
02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
This is by far one of the best basketball related sites around, let alone basketball related forums. I thought I knew a bit about the Spurs before I came, but once I came, I actually realized that there are human beings capable of recalling the exact details of a play that happened in the middle of the 2nd quarter of a meaningless regular season game.

Solid D
02-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Congratulations on a very nice interview and article, Kori and LJ and very well deserved! Kori, regarding you comments about Pop, I think the reason Pop has always been friendly and treated your questions thoughtfully is because you ask good questions. timvp, your comments were way too kind. Thank you.

mVp
02-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Great read. And congrats on an awesome website:tu

Indeed.

This site rocks!!!!!!! :downspin:

bonesinaz
02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah I posted there during the Lakers' 3-year run. You?

I was registered, but I think I mostly just lurked and read. I remember you from there though. There was a lot of name calling on that board!!:lol

benefactor
02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Well-earned and much-deserved recognition. For someone who loves to talk about the Spurs, but doesn't always have willing ears nearby, this place is heavenly.
Indeed. I am stuck in East Texas where the Mavericks dominate everything. I have a total of one Spurs fan that works with me...and if I talk to him about it I usually wind up carrying the conversation because he is not really a die-hard.

I have always been a big fan but this place has really pushed me to a new level. I find myself not just watching but analyzing players much more closely and monitoring their strengths and weaknesses. I feel like the stronger posters here challenge me to do my homework on my team, which makes me feel like a better fan overall. Hopefully we can put one more trophy in the case before Duncan hangs them up...because I think it will mean more to me now than it has in the past.

Thanks to all of you for making me more committed to one of the few things in life that I truly love.

Michi_Germany
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Spurstalk - where wedding happens :married:

duncan228
02-27-2009, 01:20 PM
What a fantastic piece. SpursTalk is what it is because of Kori and L.J. I'm thrilled they're getting some more recognition for what they've done here. And it's cool that more Spurs/basketball fans will have a chance to find a home here. I know a lot of us would be lost without ST.

Nicely done, T.V., Kori, and L.J.

Cry Havoc
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Props to you and Timvp. I am hoping that I can soon make it down for a real Spurs GTG! It would be awesome to see you all in person. =)

I. Hustle
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
If they asked with member is the most gay or the most full of man meat then I would have been mentioned

If they asked who changed the most quotes I would be mentioned.

Horn Tooter
02-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Ive been a Spurs fan since birth :toast

Slomo
02-27-2009, 01:32 PM

+1

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

I'd rather be at home with LJ
I ain't got seventy days
Cause there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr Solid D

I didn't get a lot in class
But I know it don't come in a shot glass

The man said 'why do you think you here'
I said 'I got no idea
I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby
so I always keep a bottle near'
He said 'I just think your depressed,
kiss me here baby and go rest'

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

vander
02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
What a fantastic piece. SpursTalk is what it is because of Kori and L.J. I'm thrilled they're getting some more recognition for what they've done here. And it's cool that more Spurs/basketball fans will have a chance to find a home here. I know a lot of us would be lost without ST.

I can't believe 228 wasn't brought up when they were talking about ST's exhaustive news archive. :worthy:

Solid D
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
:rollin @ Slomo Winehouse!

lurker23
02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this place is amazing. :tu Thanks so much to all the great posters that make this place what it is.

Also, I'd like to second FWD's comment about being able to talk about the Spurs when there aren't necessarily welcoming ears around. For example, I really tried to talk to one of my co-workers about Tony's amazing nights w/o Manu and Tim, and one of my Jazz-fan friends basically said, "That's great. :rolleyes When are you guys going to go away?"

smeagol
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
This site has been rocking since 2003!

MavTalker
02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
This place can't hold a candle to MavTalk!

man on wire
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
+1

I'd rather be at home with LJ
I ain't got seventy days
Cause there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr Solid D

I didn't get a lot in class
But I know it don't come in a shot glass

The man said 'why do you think you here'
I said 'I got no idea
I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby
so I always keep a bottle near'
He said 'I just think your depressed,
kiss me here baby and go rest'

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

TheTruth
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
TV: Sometimes the SpursTalk community meets up in time and space. How did the first GTG happen, and how have those occasions changed the board?

Kori: Get togethers have been a staple since the beginning. A lot of us knew each other even before the birth of SpursTalk so it was only natural to get together to watch Spurs games. Each year, especially in the playoffs, we have GTGs either at our house or out somewhere.

As a result of the GTGs, there are many people who have become friends in real life through the message board. Amazingly enough, there are even three couples who met on SpursTalk who are getting married in 2009!

I honestly can't put into words how important Kori, LJ , and this site are to me. They introduced me to my future wife. I was more than ready to get shit faced drunk with Atl and 3rdcoast that night. Thank god Kori called me and told me I better go to Scott's to play poker. I would have missed out on the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't post near as much as I did when I was just a punk in the old Quattro (1000 posts in one night - if you remember that than you know your Quattro). But I've made life lasting friends, and read the Forums every day.

Thank you Kori and LJ. See you guys in a few months at the wedding! :toast

Man Mountain
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Fantastic site ..love you all!!!

MarHill
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Fantastic site ..love you all!!!

+1

:toast to you LJ and Kori!!

Spurs Brazil
02-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Great read and great interview :tu

ManuTP9
02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
this site is awsome glad i found it, i wonder what Spurstalk will be like in 10 years

SpursTalk>Other NBA forums

Kori Ellis
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I honestly can't put into words how important Kori, LJ , and this site are to me. They introduced me to my future wife. I was more than ready to get shit faced drunk with Atl and 3rdcoast that night. Thank god Kori called me and told me I better go to Scott's to play poker. I would have missed out on the best thing that ever happened to me.

I don't post near as much as I did when I was just a punk in the old Quattro (1000 posts in one night - if you remember that than you know your Quattro). But I've made life lasting friends, and read the Forums every day.

Thank you Kori and LJ. See you guys in a few months at the wedding! :toast

I believe that you two would have ended up together anyway. But my phone call just helped you speed it up :lol I got the Save the Date card a few days ago. :married:

Fernando TD21
02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Congrats Kori and LJ:toast.

:wakeup >> :makeout >> :married: I have to start frequenting the chat room.

Marcus Bryant
02-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks timvp, but without you and Kori, we'd be a lost people.

I'd go with SD myself. FWD's not too bad. Bruno is always a good read. But I keep up with the Spurs' games I miss by reading your recaps.

tlongII
02-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Marcus Bryant? Legendary? LMAO!!! :lmao

marini martini
02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Kori & LJ, so exciting to see you get some recognition in the big leagues. Thanks for a great MB.:toast

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Proud Spurstalk member for 4 years and counting. Glad to see other people catching on :tu

Shaolin-Style
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I've lurked around here for so long, wish I knew you guys better, I do like to get my spurs news/rumors fix here. It's a great place to pass the time.

caribbean_spur
02-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Great website. Thanks Kori and Timvp! I have to admit I am a spurstalkaddict too.

Rogue
02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Marcus Bryant has more posts than all of ours combined.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I've been waiting for this - ST finally gets some well-deserved recognition from the outside world! :lol

And you guys gave a fantastic interview, wonderfully personal and insightful. Great stuff! :toast

(PS I miss you guys, and I just started a company, so I'm planning a tax-deductible trip to SA some time March-April-May 2010. All I've got to do is find an appropriate sustainability-related conference to attend, and work out a way to get across the Pacific without flying! Any and all suggestions welcome! :lol )

m33p0
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
still butthurt? :frying:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
still butthurt? :frying:

Nah, just still a simpleton turdburger.