PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scout Money Bandits Caught!

JudynTX
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
The Girl Scout cookie money bandits have been caught, according to police.

On Thursday, police arrested a man and woman suspected of stealing $250 from Brownies selling cookies outside a Walgreens near the Medical Center last week.

Ricky Thatcher, 19, and Nicole Strickland, 30, were jailed on Class B misdemeanor theft charges.

“The male actually stole the money and the female was identified as the person driving the car,” said Sgt. Gabe Trevino, a San Antonio Police Department spokesman.

Thatcher and Strickland were arrested at a motel on Interstate 35 near O'Connor Road.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Walgreens security video shows a man and woman entering the store at 6:17 p.m. on Feb. 18. They then stood near the front door, looking out at the Girl Scout table and discussing something.

Shortly after, the woman is seen walking back toward a car while the man is seen standing next to the table. He then made a grab for the bank bag and ran to the getaway car.

A witness wrote down a license plate number of the car and when the owner was contacted, she said she lent the vehicle to Strickland several months ago, according to the affidavit.

That car was found at the Mi Casa Motel. When police questioned the pair, neither admitted involvement in the theft, the affidavit said.

However, police said Thatcher was identified by the security video from Walgreens.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Pair_accused_of_.html

:tu = SAPD

JoeChalupa
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm glad they got caught.
What I don't get is what this 19 yr old idiot is doing hanging out with that 30 yr old woman.

mrsmaalox
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I hope those Brownie Scouts pummel them with their cookies!!!

tlongII
02-27-2009, 12:44 PM
methheads

MiamiHeat
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

angel_luv
02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

:lol :lol