PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Duncan A (Surprise!) Game-Time Decision

duncan228
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Duncan a (surprise!) game-time decision (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/02/duncan-a-surpri.html)
By Jeff McDonald

To the shock and awe of nobody, the Spurs medical staff is saying Tim Duncan's status for tonight's game against Cleveland will be a game-time decision.

Duncan has missed the past two games with pain in his right knee, which doctors have diagnosed as tendonosis. The docs -- not to mention coach Gregg Popovich -- will want to see how he responds to pregame warmups before making any definite decisions.

There are some signs, however, that Duncan could be good to go. He went through a full shootaround with the team this morning, and stayed late to take some extra shots. He was the last Spurs player to leave the court.

In fact, Duncan was still on the floor, headphones on and firing up jumpers, when the media left the building. To the untrained eye, he certainly looked like a man who could play against the Ben Wallace-less Cavaliers.

However, forward Kurt Thomas, who has filled Duncan's place in the starting lineup more than admirably the past two games, hinted that the Spurs' All-Star forward might be due one more night off.

"He definitely looked good, but I don't think Pop wants to rush anything," Thomas said after shootaround. "If we give him one more game, and he's able to come back and finish out the rest of the season strong, I think that would be the correct decision."

MoSpur
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Sounds good. If Tim wants to play, he'll play

crc21209
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
From what I saw on the shoot around report on Spurs.com he looks like he may be good to go.

Manufan909
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
KT wants to keep his starting assignment.:tongue

iilluzioN
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
To the shock and awe of nobody

WTF? fuck this Jeff guy

urunobili
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
sit him

TDfan2007
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Tim is like Kobe in that if there is any way for him to play, he will play. Hurt or not. He's a warrior and I'm sure he'll talk Pop into letting him play tonight. I'm not sure I'd agree though...

polandprzem
02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Game time decisions are mostly into player playing.

I'd rather Tim not play today and miss one of the back to backer

Michi_Germany
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Timmy looks ok. I think if he still feels fine after the warmup he's playing.

EricB
02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd shut him down till tuesday if it were me.

No Duncan, no chance, and you need a close to 100% tim Duncan in the playoffs for you to have ANY chance.

completely deck
02-27-2009, 02:37 PM
What the hell is that?

I Love Me Some Me
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Tim is like Kobe in that if there is any way for him to play, he will play. Hurt or not. He's a warrior and I'm sure he'll talk Pop into letting him play tonight. I'm not sure I'd agree though...

WTF? "Tim is like Kobe..."

Like Kobe's the standard for playing hurt or something. Get off Kobe's nuts.

MoSpur
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Umm...I don't think Tim will be 100% or close to it with this type of injury even if he misses tonight's game or next week's game. I think if he feels fine, he should play. I doubt he will get worse.

Brazil
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I have no problem to see him play 10 mn tonite.

Spursmania
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Dammit-I'm torn! I want him to play, but he needs to be healthy. Oh well, he's a veteran, he'll make the right decision for himself. If he does play, I hope he kicks some ass. Keep those naysayers from hoping he was really injured-like dumbass Mav and Grizzly fans.:king:flag:

E20
02-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow, Jeff McDonald's writing makes me mad for some reason.

AFBlue
02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow, Jeff McDonald's writing makes me mad for some reason.

Yeah, I'm trying to pinpoint it because there's something "off" with this article.

In general I think SpursTalk nation is too harsh on the guy, but this article seems to be sort of thrown together with an over-the-top sort of reaction to begin with...like he can't just say "Duncan a game-time decision".

Maybe that's too boring...I dunno.

Baseline
02-27-2009, 05:02 PM
"Tim is like Kobe..."

Uh...no. Nothing could be further from the truth.

All other players should be compared to Tim Duncan, not vice-versa.

If you want to compare inmates and degenerates to Kobe Bryant, feel free to do so. If you want to compare media manipulators, publicity seekers, and Madison Avenue fabrications to Kobe Bryant, feel free to do so. If you want to use the word "warrior" to describe someone, try starting with the truly brave who serve our country with their lives, not those like Bryant who serve only themselves.

Spursmania
02-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Agree with Baseline and Benjarvis.

You can't compare Bryant to Duncan. Duncan's character is far above and beyond what Kobe's will ever be. Kobe is a talented guy (duh...) but nowhere near the character quality to Mr. Duncan. :nope

If I had to in a bunker at war with someone, I'd choose Timmy anyday!!!

BradLohaus
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Sit him tonight, ease him back at Portland.

completely deck
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Slipknot

Well, yeah, I know that but what does that have to do with the Spurs?

cnyc3
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
lol @ duncan vs kobe's character..

all it was was a comparison with playing hurt. Kobe's done that all year, can't knock that