PDA

View Full Version : NBA clip crackdown on youtube?

Behrooz24
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
They just took down one of my vids:

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by National Basketball Association claiming that this material is infringing:

Matt Barnes checks (cheap shot) James "Flight" White: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F256m3T-qKE

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

wtf?

Shaolin-Style
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I had a song by Thrice on one of my video game clips and they removed the audio on it one time.

It's asinine but what can you do.

DannyT
02-27-2009, 09:09 PM
they are removing the audio from the clips now..which is totally g a y

Slydragon
03-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Mine are still up

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Slydrag0n&view=videos

and this one is on track to hit 1 million views, 974,887 as of now but since I said that it will probably get erase at 999,999 :lol

63twfx-cN2k

Fernando TD21
03-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Mine are still up

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Slydrag0n&view=videos

and this one is on track to hit 1 million views, 974,887 as of now but since I said that it will probably get erase at 999,999 :lol

63twfx-cN2k
Funny video :lol. Views: 1,005,431

I have already had problems with videos being taken down because of WMG (Warner music group doesn't want any video with their songs there). But I never had problems with NBA videos.

DannyT
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
how do youget you tube videos to automatically play in hd? instead of having to push the hd button every time you wanna see my boys video....its such a big difference

m2-4li2LAm8

DarkReign
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
how do youget you tube videos to automatically play in hd? instead of having to push the hd button every time you wanna see my boys video....its such a big difference

m2-4li2LAm8

One of my friends is trying to crack the music industry, as well (hip-hop of course).

Just a little advice for your friend; mix your own beats, the pre-fabs from pro-tools isnt going to get you anywhere, it'll just get you heard as a lyricist.

...and you better be the next coming of Eminem/Snoop without original beats.

DannyT
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
One of my friends is trying to crack the music industry, as well (hip-hop of course).

Just a little advice for your friend; mix your own beats, the pre-fabs from pro-tools isnt going to get you anywhere, it'll just get you heard as a lyricist.

...and you better be the next coming of Eminem/Snoop without original beats.

actually all these beats are produced manually none of that prefabricated shit that comes with some bundled up program. H might sample some Rolling Stones or some other shit to come up with his beats but its pretty much all his doing...is your boy in San Antonio, who is he. Does he do shows and is he the next M&M?

DarkReign
03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
actually all these beats are produced manually none of that prefabricated shit that comes with some bundled up program. H might sample some Rolling Stones or some other shit to come up with his beats but its pretty much all his doing...is your boy in San Antonio, who is he. Does he do shows and is he the next M&M?

Whoa whoa whoa...

Wow....talk about getting your panties in a bunch!

Anyway, I didnt mean any offense. I was not making fun of you or your friend. No, my friend is not very good (at all). Love em to death, but hes not good.

What he is good at, is beats. What he is good at, is promotion. He books 4 shows a week locally, owns a half-ass studio and has 4 acts on his label.

I dont even like rap (at all), but the beat in your friend's song there sounded pre-fab. You say it isnt, thats cool. Obviously, I was wrong.

Sorry.

DannyT
03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
I aint mean it like that...lol
he makes simplistic beats is what he calls them but none the less he makes his own beats.

all this beat is a loop so I can see how you would think that but they get better...:lmao

DannyT
03-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Whoa whoa whoa...

Wow....talk about getting your panties in a bunch!

Anyway, I didnt mean any offense. I was not making fun of you or your friend. No, my friend is not very good (at all). Love em to death, but hes not good.

What he is good at, is beats. What he is good at, is promotion. He books 4 shows a week locally, owns a half-ass studio and has 4 acts on his label.

I dont even like rap (at all), but the beat in your friend's song there sounded pre-fab. You say it isnt, thats cool. Obviously, I was wrong.

Sorry.

pm me your boys info if he doesnt mind or his myspace or whatever he has so we can talk about booking a venue

what venues does he do, do you know

Gerryatrics
03-13-2009, 07:29 AM
They just took down one of my vids:

wtf?

I've heard they've been removing videos of fights like the Malice at the Palace. I guess they think if they remove the video evidence people wont know there is ever violence in the NBA.

Cry Havoc
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
If they take down your video on youtube, you have the right to file an appeal. Usually youtube will put the video back up if you appeal under the free use act.

DarkReign
03-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I aint mean it like that...lol
he makes simplistic beats is what he calls them but none the less he makes his own beats.

all this beat is a loop so I can see how you would think that but they get better...:lmao

Oh...hehe...my bad then. I took it the wrong way.

Your boy sounds good to my untrained ears. If hes being original with his beats, then hes already ahead of the game. Most people dont bother with the music side of it, to my understanding. They download ProTools, crack the industry package add-on and put lyrics over the top of Jay-Z's latest song and pretend like theyre doing something.

Thats all I was saying. I am sure you know quite a few who do just that. We all do.

pm me your boys info if he doesnt mind or his myspace or whatever he has so we can talk about booking a venue

what venues does he do, do you know

I am from Michigan, so is he. He books local shows and what not. I'll get his info this weekend. We get together and blaze every now and again. Hes got a job, wife, 3 kids, a label, a constantly in-use studio in his garage...hes a busy dude.

Actually, I just got a text from him today about his 2 shows this weekend.

Behrooz24
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by National Basketball Association claiming that this material is infringing:
Manu-Stackhouse Scuffle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GDYlRRKbrU
Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips (http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright) guide.
If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center (http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=59826) to access the instructions.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Now my account is permanently disabled! Faggots!

DannyT
03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh...hehe...my bad then. I took it the wrong way.

Your boy sounds good to my untrained ears. If hes being original with his beats, then hes already ahead of the game. Most people dont bother with the music side of it, to my understanding. They download ProTools, crack the industry package add-on and put lyrics over the top of Jay-Z's latest song and pretend like theyre doing something.

Thats all I was saying. I am sure you know quite a few who do just that. We all do.

I am from Michigan, so is he. He books local shows and what not. I'll get his info this weekend. We get together and blaze every now and again. Hes got a job, wife, 3 kids, a label, a constantly in-use studio in his garage...hes a busy dude.

Actually, I just got a text from him today about his 2 shows this weekend.

its not the cat you left your house with right....?

you all stay in san antonio now correct?
if so hit me up thanks man

timvp
03-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Now my account is permanently disabled! Damn that sucks. Weren't you championspellar or something like that?

I've heard they are cracking down on any NBA clips that show violence. But this Bowen video I have of CP3 punching him in the nvts is closing in on 800K views and 2,000 comments.

hZNwSC_6H90

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-15-2009, 01:34 AM
When will the NBA realise that spreading access to the league through things like youtube BUILDS THEIR FANBASE!?!?

The NBA are fucking idiots about their IP.

baseline bum
03-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I haven't had any of my videos pulled, and I have 3 named Rodman is a bitch _

DarkReign
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
its not the cat you left your house with right....?

Hell no. :lmao

you all stay in san antonio now correct?
if so hit me up thanks man

Nope, still living and learning in Michigan.