PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants A Job Playing Video Games?

CoolArrow
02-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Anyone looking for a job? My company is hiring and this is a really rare opening. Oh, did I mention the starting pay is $25+ per/hr? PM me with any questions.

Position Purpose:
The Simulator Maintenance Technician II is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all
JPATS/T-37/T-38 Aircrew Training Devices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Provides ATD student and instructor support.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of training devices/support equipment;
including but not limited to: on-and off-equipment maintenance including troubleshooting
and fault isolation, adjusting, removing and replacing assemblies and components, and
correcting discrepancies.
Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on state-of-the-art visual equipment
containing energized voltages in excess of 3000 volts.
Assists Simulator Maintenance Technician III’s with collateral duties such as supply,
inventory control and administrative procedures.
Prepares computerized maintenance action reports, and other support documentation.
Kit-proofs/installs modification kits.

Leetonidas
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Damn, what kind of degree do you need for this? That sounds like a job from the heavens.

CoolArrow
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
No degree necessary, but some electronics experience would help. My company really likes prior or retired military, but we have had some guys that just had aircraft or aviation experience.

MiamiHeat
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Lookin for somethin in the Team Fortress 2 range, got anythin????? ;p

BlackSwordsMan
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm really good on COD 4

Leetonidas
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
No degree necessary, but some electronics experience would help. My company really likes prior or retired military, but we have had some guys that just had aircraft or aviation experience.

What kind of electronics experience?

I'm probably not even a candidate - I'm just a college student, but I've always wondered how people got these kind of jobs.

Shaolin-Style
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Would love that type of job, but I'm not much of an electronics guy.

Guess I can become a gold farmer as an alternative lol

CoolArrow
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Here's a pic...and yes, you get to fly it...a lot.:lol

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/SimTek_photos/cockpit.jpg

Nbadan
02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Nice......I could probably get into that...but I make more than $25/hour.........so can you make it 40/hour?

:lol

ManuTP9
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
i would but i play for MLG int he tournaments where you get money and prizes if you win, its kinda my half job , big MLG tourny including Halo 3, COD 5, GOW2coming up at the Meadowlands in jersey this summer!

BlackSwordsMan
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
i'm too fat to fit in the cockpit

Frenzy
02-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Nice......I could probably get into that...but I make more than $25/hour.........so can you make it 40/hour?

yea but is it that fun

sabar
02-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Ah, that would be a neat job.
How much electronics experience?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-28-2009, 09:28 AM
What exactly does "a some electronics experience" entail? I'm just asking by the way, 'cause I live in Argentina, and that would be one hell of a commute.

Horn Tooter
02-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Anything else you care to tell us about?

LockBeard
02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I was an Ace Combat 2 prodigy.

Bogey 6' oclock!

CoolArrow
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM

Ohhh, that would mean giving you MY job. :lol

i'm too fat to fit in the cockpit
You would be surprised at the size of some of the people that get in and out of that thing. :wow

Ah, that would be a neat job.
How much electronics experience?
I'm pretty sure that the "hiring committee" would drool at someone with networking experience. Although there's not a lot of use for it, when it does come up, we old timers aren't as adept as we'd like to be.

What exactly does "a some electronics experience" entail? I'm just asking by the way, 'cause I live in Argentina, and that would be one hell of a commute.
Maybe they'll let you borrow one of the T-38s from the base to fly home in. If you fly at mach, you can probably get home in a few hours. Unfortunately, you'll have to stop and refuel about 20 times.:lol

manustarting2gd
02-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I'll take it. When do I start?