PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Duncan Inactive Again (Cavs Game)

duncan228
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Duncan inactive again (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/02/duncan-inactive.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Tim Duncan will miss his third consecutive game with a sore right knee. Duncan was listed as inactive on the official roster the Spurs handed in to officials for tonight's game against Cleveland.

Duncan is suffering from what doctors have diagnosed as tendonosis. The Spurs are 2-0 without him, having defeated Dallas and Portland already on this homestand.

Mavs<Spurs
02-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Get well soon Timmy.

This particular game is definitely now a very uphill battle.

Thanks for posting.

Bruno
02-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Let's hope it's only because Pop who wants to sit him one more game and not because Timmy's knee that hasn't responded well to the shootaround.

Spurs have nothing to lose tonight. A loss would be logical and a win would be a miracle.

Fermixalot
02-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I still think that if the Spurs play a perfect game they can win tonight without Tim, but that does require them to play a perfect game....

It's all going to start with the defense on LeBron and Mo; if we can crowd them and keep them from getting open shots or easy lay-ups we can force other people to beat us with contested shots.

Sigz
02-27-2009, 08:52 PM
We're fucked.

timvp
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Let's hope it's only because Pop who wants to sit him one more game and not because Timmy's knee that hasn't responded well to the shootaround.

Spurs have nothing to lose tonight. A loss would be logical and a win would be a miracle.

:tu

nkdlunch
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
a win would be a nice surprise but far from a "miracle".

not gonna happen tonight though. I hope Pops gets some nice minutes

picnroll
02-27-2009, 09:05 PM
How long can Parker carry the load before he breaks down?:(

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
A little more than we got from McDonald.

Duncan to miss 3rd straight game with injured quad

San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan missed his third consecutive game Friday night against Cleveland with a right quad injury, but is expected to return to the lineup as early as Sunday.

Duncan wanted to play against the Cavaliers and doctors gave the OK, but Spurs coach Gregg Popovich decided the perennial All-Star is too valuable to take any chances.

Duncan's knee stiffened just prior to Tuesday's win over the Mavericks. He then sat out Wednesday's victory against Portland.

"I just think he's too important to us," Popovich said. "When he said he couldn't go on Tuesday, that affects me. He doesn't say that. He doesn't miss anything. ... When he says that, that worries me."

Popovich said Duncan could return Sunday at Portland or Monday at the Los Angeles Clippers.

Duncan leads the Spurs with 20.7 points and 10.7 rebounds per game. San Antonio is also without Manu Ginobili, who is expected to miss at least another week with an ankle injury.

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Duncan wanted to play against the Cavaliers and doctors gave the OK, but Spurs coach Gregg Popovich decided the perennial All-Star is too valuable to take any chances.

This is good. :)

bbarry
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
cavs are without ben wallace so this game is very winnable.

Bruno
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Good news.

Now it would be perfect if Duncan could play on Monday against Clippers. Someone is waiting for him. :)

ManuTP9
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Udoka needs to step up tonight

Nathan Explosion
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I say the Spurs may be able to get along with playing small ball against the Cavs. You could have Parker and Hill in for long stretches of the game. Parker on Gibson and Hill chasing Mo around. Bowen obviously gets the Lebron assignment.

I'm not saying go exclusively small ball, but I think it's definitely a good option to play for a few stretches.

Galileo
02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
This is good. :)

Duncan played only 7 games and 49 minutes the entire month of February. (plus the all-star game, 18 minutes).

That is not a heavy workload.

phyzik
02-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Spurs will still win. I think Parker can do it again. Its not a back to back, he had a day of rest. Besides that, Money Mason Jr. is due for a good game, he has been kind of mediocre recently.

Go Spurs!!

:flag:

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Good news.

Now it would be perfect if Duncan could play on Monday against Clippers. Someone is waiting for him. :)

:)

Thanks. Because he got cleared medically to play tonight, I'm hoping he plays Monday. I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, it's the second of the back-to-back. We wait and see. *crosses-fingers-holds-breath*

All that matters is he seems to be on the way to healthy.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-27-2009, 09:27 PM
A loss would be logical?

Are you fucking kidding me? They lost by twenty points last night to an abortion of a Rockets team, and are playing the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road.

This is a game we should have expected to win, end of story.

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
McDonald updated.

Duncan inactive again (UPDATED: It was Pop's call) (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/02/duncan-inactive.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Tim Duncan will miss his third consecutive game with a sore right knee. Duncan was listed as inactive on the official roster the Spurs handed in to officials for tonight's game against Cleveland.

Duncan is suffering from what doctors have diagnosed as tendonosis. The Spurs are 2-0 without him, having defeated Dallas and Portland already on this homestand.

UPDATE: The medical staff has cleared Duncan to play. Duncan wants to play. The holdup (of course) is coach Gregg Popovich.

"I just think he's too important to us," Popovich said before tonight's game. When he said he couldn't go on Tuesday, that affects me. He doesn't say that. He doesn't miss anything. He doesn't miss practices. When he says that, that worries me."

It is fair to classify Duncan's latest night on the inactive list as "precautionary." Popovich said he expects Duncan back either Sunday at Portland or Monday at the Clippers.

"Why not make sure he's as strong as he can possibly be?" Popovich said. "I'd feel much better Sunday or Monday. Physically, he's fine. He's ready to go. I just want to make sure."

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Popovich said he expects Duncan back either Sunday at Portland or Monday at the Clippers.

This is going to be a long weekend for me.

phyzik
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
a loss would be logical?

Are you fucking kidding me? They lost by twenty points last night to an abortion of a rockets team, and are playing the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road.

This is a game we should have expected to win, end of story.

qft

manu_maniac
02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
If we aren't going to play him against the Cavs, we might as well give him more rest and not have him play in the Blazers & Clips games as well. Why not?

Spurs Brazil
02-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Don't worry 228, he'll play monday and will do great

Michi_Germany
02-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Relax, Timmy is fine and will play against the Clippers! :toast

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Don't worry 228, he'll play monday and will do great

Thanks. I want him healthy, and I'd sure be thrilled if he can play Monday.

Mavs<Spurs
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Resting him just in case is a good idea.

Lakers are way ahead of us in the standings.

And if another team catches us and passes us in the standings, if Tim is healthy we can still beat the other Western teams (other than the Lakers).

And if we finish second, but Tim isn't healthy, we aren't going anywhere anyway.

So, this makes sense to me.

Hopefully, it won't continue to plague him the rest of the season. That's the really important thing.

Agloco
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Duncan inactive again (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/02/duncan-inactive.html)
By Jeff McDonald

:depressed:depressed:depressed

duncan228
02-27-2009, 09:56 PM
:depressed:depressed:depressed

McDonald's update has better news.

UPDATE: The medical staff has cleared Duncan to play. Duncan wants to play. The holdup (of course) is coach Gregg Popovich.

"I just think he's too important to us," Popovich said before tonight's game. When he said he couldn't go on Tuesday, that affects me. He doesn't say that. He doesn't miss anything. He doesn't miss practices. When he says that, that worries me."

It is fair to classify Duncan's latest night on the inactive list as "precautionary." Popovich said he expects Duncan back either Sunday at Portland or Monday at the Clippers.

"Why not make sure he's as strong as he can possibly be?" Popovich said. "I'd feel much better Sunday or Monday. Physically, he's fine. He's ready to go. I just want to make sure."

Agloco
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
McDonald's update has better news.

:flag::flag::flag: