PDA

View Full Version : Kobe 10-31 in loss

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I didn't watch the game, but was it really necessary for him to take 31 shots? What's up with that? He did have 8 boards, but only 2 assists. That is why IMO Kobe may have the most offensive arsenal, but is not the best basketball player in the game. He's about to lose his MVP lead tonight.

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 11:44 PM
You're right. The best player in the game defers to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of crucial game 7's.

RedsLakers24
02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Most of the shots were when we were down by alot and we needed a miracle to comeback, and kobe didnt handle the ball much this game so i didnt expect him to get alot of assist, and the lakers shot under 30 percent how do u expect him to get assist

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 11:46 PM
You're right. The best player in the game defers to Jannero muthafuckin Pargo in the 4th quarter of crucial game 7's.

Better getting the ball to the hot hand instead of shooting 10-31 and giving your team no shot to win. Besides, Kobe's track record in elimination games isn't stellar lately.

Besides I never said CP3 was the best.

Xylus
02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
The Lakers are always more effective when Kobe doesn't dominate the offense (unless he's just ridiculously hot from the field). Seems like whenever he takes a high volume of shots, it's to compensate for the high amount of missed attempts.

NuGGeTs-FaN
In his defense, the rest of the Lakers sucked terribly.

He did face DPOY candidates such as Dahntay Jones and JR Smith though :lol

Pelicans78
Most of the shots were when we were down by alot and we needed a miracle to comeback, and kobe didnt handle the ball much this game so i didnt expect him to get alot of assist, and the lakers shot under 30 percent how do u expect him to get assist

Fair enough. I wanted to know what happened. I didn't watch the game. His teammates did shoot like crap.

j.dizzle
02-27-2009, 11:48 PM
who gives a shit..nobody could hit the side of a barn tonight so kobe was throwing up a lot of shots..You cant win every game but I aint tripping..None of these teams can fuck with LA in a 7 game series.

Pelicans78
02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
who gives a shit..nobody could hit the side of a barn tonight so kobe was throwing up a lot of shots..You cant win every game but I aint tripping..None of these teams can fuck with LA in a 7 game series.

Did you see what Phoenix did tonight? 145 points. Shaq with over 40? This team is unstoppable.

Xylus
02-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't think Phoenix scored 145 tonight, but that would have been fun to watch.

iggypop123
02-27-2009, 11:57 PM
kobe was being walked under by the person guarding him or hit on the arm and the refs looked away. kobe was trying to prove a point by doing it over and over again and the refs never called it. by then his shots were high already

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 11:58 PM
This loss bodes bad news for Phoenix on Sunday IMO.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
The Lakers has their second-worst shooting night since the franchise moved to Southern California from Minneapolis -- 29.8 percent. They were on pace for their worst night ever when Jordan Farmar's breakaway layup with 5.1 seconds left allowed them to beat the old low-water mark of 29.4 percent set against Utah in 2004.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290227007

:lol nice one Farmar....... i guess he had orders to score when he should have held the ball

BlackSwordsMan
02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
I'll hold judgment on kobe until SD says otherwise

Xylus
02-28-2009, 12:02 AM
This loss bodes bad news for Phoenix on Sunday IMO.

I don't think it makes a huge difference. The only real difference will be whether or not Nash plays.

YellowFever
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I didn't watch the game, but was it really necessary for him to take 31 shots? What's up with that? He did have 8 boards, but only 2 assists. That is why IMO Kobe may have the most offensive arsenal, but is not the best basketball player in the game. He's about to lose his MVP lead tonight.

Those stats sound about right if your team shoots less than 30 percent from the field....ouch.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

MambaJuice2408
02-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Honestly it was really no ones fault. This was the FIRST GAME this year they shot this poorly.

it was a fluke laker shitty shooting display. Every team is due for atleast 2 or 3 of these a season.

you can't really even be mad with this type of game. they were still within striking distance at the end, they just couldnt hit the backside of the barn.

This was their worst offensive game of the season. It says more about the Lakers just not having it tonight that it does about Denvers Defense because they don't really have any.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Laker fans continue to show their stupidity

Denver doesn't have any defense?! They are 8th in defensive efficiency in the league....... only 2 spots behind the Fakers

Bandwagon LA fans should do research before they continue making dumb comments

IronMexican
02-28-2009, 04:15 AM
That's enough to tell me they don't play D. When you trail LA in a defensive category.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
All we have to do is dust our shoulders and get ready for phoenix. Like kobe said "this was a garbage game." We all know that we own the Faggets, i mean nuggets. what's up with the altitude comentators. They were whinning on every call, oh but when a call goes in favor of them they dont see that it should've gone the other way, especially on the traveling by billups. " I think he got away with a few extra steps. but i dont know." They showed the replay like four times and he even counted the steps, but he wasn't quite sure if he had traveled. What a pathetic person. I guess when you're that high in altitude, i mean it literaly, it messes up with your brain function. To me that was the play that change the outcome because they tied the game and Lakers went pretty much cold from there.

turiaf for president
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
again. 10-1 in the last 11 games against denver shows lakers have nothing to worry about. this was a setback. lakers missed soo many open looks

TheMACHINE
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM

you got to watch the game and you'll understand why he took 31 shots.