PDA

View Full Version : Pops. Keep going hard

spurspokesman
02-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I know it was only garbage time so I wont sound A loud trumpet but he made the game interesting and played with more heart than anyone on our frontline. They probably wont keep em but hell damn sure be kicking ass on another team. If he ups his defensive iq and finds A midrange game watch out. I can see him in the league. Your thoughts?

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
yep lets bench duncan and start him

TwelveGs210
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I know it was only garbage time so I wont sound A loud trumpet but he made the game interesting and played with more heart than anyone on our frontline. They probably wont keep em but hell damn sure be kicking ass on another team. If he ups his defensive iq and finds A midrange game watch out. I can see him in the league. Your thoughts?

i ordered my authentic Mensah-Bonsu jersey already..too bad it will be out of style in like 6 days

Mugen
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
he needs a lot of work on D and knowing when to rotate. His screens need to be a lot firmer because he's so eager to roll.

but damn what a good first game for him, so i got nothing but props for the guy

Buddy Holly
02-28-2009, 12:22 AM

Yes moron, that's what he said. :bang

Buddy Holly
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Why do people think he's getting cut? So far he hasn't shown any reason to not keep him?

TwelveGs210
02-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Why do people think he's getting cut? So far he hasn't shown any reason to not keep him?

he's getting cut, pop loves himself some worthless vets

jag
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
he's getting cut, pop loves himself some worthless vets

Somewhere Austin Croshere is shaking his head in disagreement.

celldweller
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
If he keeps playing like that, I'm betting he'll stick. His energy and size is exactly what this team needs. Although he did look like he tweaked he knee a little during a rebound.

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM

if he was all that he would have started
pop saw him play before

he is ok he is raw
can not make a jumpshot
can dunk though so he is the greatest
heck he dunks mor ethen duncan
therefore he is greater then him

Spur-Addict
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
DUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR /cartman

:lol

Buddy Holly
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
pop saw him play before

he is ok he is raw
can not make a jumpshot

Melendez your parents, then turn it on yourself. You're that much of a useless prick.

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
The guy is a perfect addition. He could make us a better rebounding and fast break team. If he gets a post move or two hes gonna be deadly. With guys keeping eyes on Tim he should a mini Tyson Chandler cleaning up misses with dunks.

:toast

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Melendez your parents, then turn it on yourself. You're that much of a useless prick.

what makes you think you are all that

celldweller
pop saw him play before

he is ok he is raw
can not make a jumpshot

What the hell are trying to say?

Buddy Holly
what makes you think you are all that

Because I'm not you.

benefactor
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
It was a good beginning point in extended minutes with the team. He worked hard and took a lot of bitterness out of the loss. He will miss some rotations and assignments because...well...he is just getting his feet wet. I think if he plays with the same energy he will earn another 10 day. We will see after that.

DaDakota
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM
I told you guys he was ready. He is your Carl Landry.

DD

TwelveGs210
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Somewhere Austin Croshere is shaking his head in disagreement.

lol, with the exception of austin..

Buddy Holly
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
OMG :rollin

It was a (dark) joke so hopefully everyone gets that, even Ducks though I doubt he does. But man, Ducks is literally the most useless poster on any forum in all of internet land.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
it's his first game, he doesn't deserve to be criticized..HIS FIRST GAME with this team..he's playing with other players that he's never played with..while he's played in the Spurs system, he doesn't know the tendencies for our players..look how long it took for Bonner and Mason to become decent defenders in our system, it wasn't until about last week..

this guy impressed me a lot..he's NOT going to be a good defender this season, but IF he pans out, he can be our Carl Landry, like Rockets fans have been saying..sure, he won't defend better bigs, but he can get them in foul trouble and waste their energy..his ability to draw fouls was very impressive..

it's only 1 game though, so we'll see how he continues..I don't buy the argument that it was against other scrubs, because he showed some of it against Ilgauskas and other rotation players..he was also playing with Hill, Vaughn, Udoka, and Hairston..not exactly an all-star lineup around him..

let's see how he keeps going..it would be nice to have him as an energy guy that can attack a defense..

ducks
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
It was a (dark) joke so hopefully everyone gets that, even Ducks though I doubt he does. But man, Ducks is literally the most useless poster on any forum in all of internet land.

yes you are right because you know everything and are an smart in every area of everything

Buddy Holly
02-28-2009, 12:41 AM
yes you are right because you know everything and are an smart in every area of everything

Radio could call you out on your uselessness.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_Radio/2003_radio_001.jpg

jag
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM

eh?

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 12:46 AM
I say we keep giving Pops a shot. Another 10 day contract. Then let's keep checking him out. It WAS his first game. Come on now...

Cavs are a contender team, and Lebron came off a shitty night against the Rockets. He was due this type of game. I was disappointed in our D though. I thought we were beginning to settle down then Lebron showed up. SHitt...I just orderd another beer and waited to see Pop bring in Pops. I almost spilled me beer when he made that first dunk!

timtonymanu
02-28-2009, 12:51 AM
it's time for me to update my sig.

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I say we keep giving Pops a shot. Another 10 day contract.

fuck that. sign him for the rest of the season.

spurspokesman
02-28-2009, 03:39 AM
In no way would I mention his name in the same sentence as tim but let it be known he's way more athletic then anyone on the roster hence he will at least leave his damn feet for a rebound. That would be nice

Dingle Barry
02-28-2009, 04:37 AM

I'm going to ask and honest question and would appreciate an honest answer.

What is wrong with you?

spurspokesman
02-28-2009, 07:31 AM
The guy is a perfect addition. He could make us a better rebounding and fast break team. If he gets a post move or two hes gonna be deadly. With guys keeping eyes on Tim he should a mini Tyson Chandler cleaning up misses with dunks.
I hear you T2Step but also when Tim is sitting. The post guy or whoever is playing pop will have to stay true. He is instantly established himself as the sanitation department. (You never look for the garbage guy but when you look the trash is out. LOL). Plus it will definetely get us some open shots. He doesnt have to be great. Teams are gonna have to respect him on his athletic ability alone. The rest will come with time.