PDA

View Full Version : You can't be mad at this loss!

timtonymanu
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Face it! We werent going to win this game without Tim and Manu. And we only lost by 11 with our starters out for all of the 4th.

Pops and Malik were impressive and actually kept us in the game and also the crowd was into the game.

timmyd1977
02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
I agree

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Face it! We werent going to win this game without Tim and Manu. And we only lost by 11 with our starters out for all of the 4th.

Pops and Malik were impressive and actually kept us in the game and also the crowd was into the game.

I agree!

I thought they had a chance tonight.

But, the Cavs are a much better defense team than the Mavs and the Blazers.

And this is a game the Spurs needed Tim and Manu!!

:flag:

bigfan
02-28-2009, 12:25 AM
We should have won anyway, its our house. If you cant stop LBJ, stop everyone else. Since we lost, I hope we learned a lesson. Hooray for this Pops dude.

Mugen
02-28-2009, 12:26 AM
it was about as fun as an 11pt loss can be if that makes any sense

Leetonidas
02-28-2009, 12:26 AM
We should have won anyway, its our house. If you cant stop LBJ, stop everyone else. Since we lost, I hope we learned a lesson. Hooray for this Pops dude.

No Tim = No interior defense.

ManuTP9
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
we COULD of won but your right we shouldnt be mad at the loss im certaintly not.

Thompson
02-28-2009, 02:21 AM
At least we won vs. the Western Conference rivals (Blazers and Mavs), and if we have to lose, at least the Cavs aren't falling behind the Celtics.

DMX7
02-28-2009, 02:23 AM
agreed.

Quiet Strength
02-28-2009, 02:31 AM
I would have liked to see pops and hairston play alot more. I dont really like vaughn getting any playing time but both parker and hill struggled all game and the spurs needed a pg to create shots and I think vaughn would have helped alot more than parker or hill did. I know he played but a little too late. I think if vaughn, hairston and pops got more playing time the spurs probably would have had a chance to win.

Blackjack
02-28-2009, 02:31 AM
I've actually enjoyed watching the Spurs play short-handed as much, or more, than seeing them at full strength this year.

I love getting a glimpse of the future and seeing young players develop in general, but it's a whole lot more fun when they happen to be Spurs.

DAF86
02-28-2009, 02:34 AM
I would have liked to see pops and hairston play alot more. I dont really like vaughn getting any playing time but both parker and hill struggled all game and the spurs needed a pg to create shots and I think vaughn would have helped alot more than parker or hill did. I know he played but a little too late. I think if vaughn, hairston and pops got more playing time the spurs probably would have had a chance to win.

From Parker "the franchise player" to "Vaughn should have played instead of him" this is Spurstalk at his best.

Spork KIller
02-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Pathetic mother fuckers

honestfool84
02-28-2009, 02:37 AM
From Parker "the franchise player" to "Vaughn should have played instead of him" this is Spurstalk at his best.

:lmao

you're so right.
lol.

Quiet Strength
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM

Every player has bad games. Parker obviously had one and I think he played more minutes than he should have. Since parker could not hit a shot he should have got his teammates involved which he didnt do and hill tried but he kept turning the ball over. When vaughn played he really did look better than both parker and hill. I'm not saying he is a better player but the team looked better with him out there running things.

Quiet Strength
02-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Pathetic mother fuckers

Seriously dude you just keep proving to everyone that you are pathetic and have no life. Just go kill yourself.. nobody will care.

HarlemHeat37
I didn't have a problem at all with Tony's performance..he just carried us to 2 consecutive wins over West playoff teams by having monster games..there was no way he was going to have a third consecutive monster game against the 2nd ranked defense in the NBA..that's asking too much..

Yorae

Well, they we're playing out there without Big Z and Lebron. It's hard to say if we have a shot at winning using these guys against their starters. But still, great effort by our rookies!

Quiet Strength
02-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Well, they we're playing out there without Big Z and Lebron. It's hard to say if we have a shot at winning using these guys against their starters. But still, great effort by our rookies!

Yeah I know what you mean thats why they should have played more. Pops played for like a few seconds in the first half... It would have been nice if he got more minutes early in the game. Hairston guarded lebron pretty good.. better than finley. He should have gotten more minutes also.

TampaDude
02-28-2009, 03:41 AM

+1 Not too bad considering both Tim and Manu were out. Things will be much different if/when we meet the Cavs in the playoffs, as we found out in 2007.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2009, 03:48 AM
OP is spot on and beat me to starting this thread (we all know how I like to ridicule the cliff-jumpers! :lol )

We just won 2/3 against playoff-calibre teams without 2 of the Big 3. I'll take that any day.

WalterBenitez
02-28-2009, 04:10 AM
I am not worried, No Manu No TD, TP tired. Wan't an easy game.
Hill made 5/6 assists, only worried about why Mason isn't shooting more?

SenorSpur
02-28-2009, 04:26 AM
The gravy train had to run out some time. No way to be upset about this loss. Spurs regulars looked about a step slow. Parker looked gassed the entire game. I was hoping Tim would return tonight - but I agree with Pop erring on the side of caution.

The best thing about this game for me was watching the young pups do their thing. Hairston and Pops really rocked it!

Please_dont_ban_me
02-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Is anybody really mad?

It was a good effort, the young guys got some time, it was an entertaining game overall. The End.

50Bestspurever
02-28-2009, 04:37 AM
To be honest I thought for sure the Spurs were gonna lose to Portland.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2009, 05:29 AM
BTW, Walter, your English has improved dramatically from almost incomprehensible at times to natural over the last year or so. Well done! :toast

(...and I'm not saying that to be an arsehole, I mean it :) ).

wijayas
02-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I am with you brother!
We found Pops!

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't think we have much to be pissed about with this loss. The only dumbass pissed that we're not upset about the loss is the loser Sun fan-Spork killer!:hat

Marcus Bryant
02-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, last night I was thinking just how ____ing fun it was to watch the Spurs be blown out.

No, I didn't expect them to win, but damn, what is wrong with you Spurs fans?

Brazil
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't know if I'm asking too much but I'm quit disapointed by Hill performance over the last few games in particular in O, he is quite transparent.

NFGIII
02-28-2009, 01:45 PM
OP is spot on and beat me to starting this thread (we all know how I like to ridicule the cliff-jumpers! :lol )

We just won 2/3 against playoff-calibre teams without 2 of the Big 3. I'll take that any day.

I thought this game was going to be difficult to win considering how poorly LeBron played against Houston the previous night. I just felt that he was going to come out on fire to redeem himself for that. The Cavs are a top 4 team in hte NBA so with 2 of the Big 3 missing it was a daunting task to get a win. Not impossible but somewhat improbable. It would have been a hard fought game even if the Big 3 were all there. But I believe we would have taken it though.

The gravy train had to run out some time. No way to be upset about this loss. Spurs regulars looked about a step slow. Parker looked gassed the entire game. I was hoping Tim would return tonight - but I agree with Pop erring on the side of caution.

The best thing about this game for me was watching the young pups do their thing. Hairston and Pops really rocked it!

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing them play, too. And frankly I think the FO has done a very good job of getting youth on this team. Ian, Malik and Pops all have skills that can contribute to this team. Probably not to any great extent now (hope I'm wrong) but next year training camp is going to be very competitive.

Yeah, last night I was thinking just how ____ing fun it was to watch the Spurs be blown out.

No, I didn't expect them to win, but damn, what is wrong with you Spurs fans?

I think you're taking this a little too far. All I'm really getting from this thread is that it was a possible win at best with the Cavs being the favorite. Feeling that then most wanted to see the younger players get some PT and perform. We wanted to see them "audition" for us in order to evaluate how they would ultimately contribute to the Spurs either this year - highly doubtful - but more as to how they will fit in come next year.

sananspursfan21
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Pathetic mother fuckers

get outta our house!:ihit:ihit:ihit

de Soto
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
The message from this game is that with Tim and Manu playing, the Spurs will stomp all over the Cavs, come playoffs. Just like in the past. Every time. The Spurs are a championship caliber organization, the Cavs are not and will never be.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: