PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs won't win the title

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
They let a mediocre team in Cleveland dominate them the on their own homecourt on national television. The same Cleveland team who was dominated on national TV the night before against one of the worst teams in the league at Houston. They let a player score 30 and have 14 boards when he was shutdown the night before. It's hard to win when you only have one All-Star in Tony Parker and alot of guys who are one-trick ponies. They've done well up to this point, but their lack of talent will catch up to them in the playoffs especially to superior teams. If they could somehow find someone who can score in the paint and a perimeter scorer, they will be a tough out. Unfortunately they don't have that right now and it will cost them. Good run Spurs, but you're going no where.

Banzai
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/techno_viking.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2341)

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
They let a mediocre team in Cleveland dominate them the on their own homecourt on national television. The same Cleveland team who was dominated on national TV the night before against one of the worst teams in the league at Houston. They let a player score 30 and have 14 boards when he was shutdown the night before. It's hard to win when you only have one All-Star in Tony Parker and alot of guys who are one-trick ponies. They've done well up to this point, but their lack of talent will catch up to them in the playoffs especially to superior teams. If they could somehow find someone who can score in the paint and a perimeter scorer, they will be a tough out. Unfortunately they don't have that right now and it will cost them. Good run Spurs, but you're going no where.

Yeah, they beat a Spurs team without Manu and Tim. I guess you forgot that fact!

Have the Hornets play the Cavs without David West and Chris Paul and they would had the same result!!

:bang

Mugen
yeah tim and manu sucked tonight.

god i hope we play the hornets in the playoffs again.

lil_penny
Only so far their old dwindling bodies can take them.. this game was over before it started, cleveland just went out and took care of business.. just another day at the office for wally z and the boys. Sure san antonio was without duncan and ginobli but it evens out with big ben and sasha p being injured aslo with all teams healthy I could see the cavs winning by 67 tonight.. spurs should be happy with this attempt, they did better than everyone expected them too..

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM

Also, Cleveland is 45-12 and one of the best defensive teams in the league and Houston is a playoff team. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

We can debate whether the Spurs will or will not win the title...that's fair.

But to judge this regular season game without the Spurs main components is just stupid!!

florige
02-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Only so far their old dwindling bodies can take them.. this game was over before it started, cleveland just went out and took care of business.. just another day at the office for wally z and the boys. Sure san antonio was without duncan and ginobli but it evens out with big ben and sasha p being injured aslo with all teams healthy I could see the cavs winning by 67 tonight.. spurs should be happy with this attempt, they did better than everyone expected them too..

So I see you have already pounded a few huh???:lol

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Sarcaism.

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM

Are you comparing Manu and Tim being out as the same as Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavolic being out????? Ben can't score and Sasha is not even in the same league as Manu.

:wow

I guess you haven't watched Spurs basketball in the last 6 or 7 years! Sheesh!!!!

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Also, Cleveland is 45-12 and one of the best defensive teams in the league and Houston is a playoff team. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

But to judge this regular season game without the Spurs main components is just stupid!!

:lmao

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
No one liked my SD impersonation?

florige
02-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Are you comparing Manu and Tim being out as the same as Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavolic being out????? Ben can't score and Sasha is not even in the same league as Manu.

:wow

I guess you haven't watched Spurs basketball in the last 6 or 7 years! Sheesh!!!!

Dammit you took the bait..... :lol

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 12:37 AM

Relax, the post is a obvious stab at S.D. and not against the Spurs in general...

Tonight's game against one of the league's worst teams (Houston Rockets) proves it....I STILL don't see what the hell is the big deal about LeBron James. He is not an All-Star by any means. I can't wait until the Spurs kick his ass tomorrow.

I don't know why Orlando was ever considered a top 5 team in the NBA. These guys are just not good. This is a Detroit team missing their leading scorer, and Orlando fails to win. I guess that's what happens when you only have one All-Star player in Rashard Lewis on your team, but people were saying that this was a top 4 team??? At the same time, Orlando wasn't expected to win this game, so this isn't trash talking or anything like that. Just another routine night for Detroit, they didn't go out and do anything spectacular, they just played their game and beat an Orlando team that anyone can beat..this is not an elite team. Good job Detroit. Orlando should have given their best Center, Tony Battie, more minutes. 12 minutes and 2-for-3 from the floor..you need your top big man, Battie, to do more if you're going to win.

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Oh....I didn't get that you were impersonating SD!!

Excuse me!!! LOL!!!

TheProfessor
Yes, if only the San Antonio Spurs had some sort of low post threat and a dangerous perimeter scorer who plays with reckless abandon. They might win some championships then. Too bad.

EDIT - Ah, got me :rollin

GuerillaBlack
Yeah, they beat a Spurs team without Manu and Tim. I guess you forgot that fact!

Have the Hornets play the Cavs without David West and Chris Paul and they would had the same result!!

:bang

This thread definitely went right over your head.

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Dammit you took the bait..... :lol

Yeah I did!!

Hornets78..got me!!!

:lmao

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh....I didn't get that you were impersonating SD!!

Excuse me!!! LOL!!!

No harm bro. I wanted to make it longer, but I didn't have the energy. I don't know how SD writes those epic threads because I started to get a headache. I know it's tough to see your team lose so I could have waited till tomorrow, but I couldn't resist.

Besides, even with West and Paul, we're only good enough to beat the Bucks by one point on our home floor. :toast

timtonymanu
02-28-2009, 12:43 AM
haha. i noticed the sarcasm. No wonder it sounded so familiar. lol.

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
No harm bro. I wanted to make it longer, but I didn't have the energy. I don't know how SD writes those epic threads because I started to get a headache. I know it's tough to see your team lose so I could have waited till tomorrow, but I couldn't resist.

Besides, even with West and Paul, we're only good enough to beat the Bucks by one point on our home floor. :toast

That was funny!!

I was already defensive about a Spurs loss!! :lol

It's cool!

:toast

lefty
02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Didn't we kick the Hornets asses last season?

Oh well........

Ghazi
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Spurs should be content with 2-1 without TD/Manu

Mugen
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
haha nice dude.

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 12:49 AM
That was funny!!

I was already defensive about a Spurs loss!! :lol

It's cool!

:toast

Anybody that's knowledgeable about the NBA knows that wasn't the Spurs. SA can win without Ginobili and Duncan against average teams, but against true contenders you need all your horses.....so don't worry about it, it's not that big of a deal. Pop obviously has his eye on the prize which is why he hasn't rushed his guys back.

Really wish LA could've taken care of business though, WTF was that...Houston is trying to catch Denver and the claimed "best team in the league" threw a bag of shit against the wall tonight.

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Didn't we kick the Hornets asses last season?

Oh well........

Catch up slow one. :downspin:

SpursDynasty
02-28-2009, 12:51 AM

Impersonate if you want, but Orlando does only have one All-Star. I don't give a shit what anyone says, Dwight is no All-Star. Period.

MarHill
02-28-2009, 12:52 AM
Spurs should be content with 2-1 without TD/Manu

I agree, Ghazi!

I just missed Hornets78 impersonating SD.:rolleyes

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Impersonate if you want, but Orlando does only have one All-Star.

and you only have one brain cell, but who's keeping score right? (yeah I caught your post change...you fell for it too and you were the guy everybody was making fun of.)

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Impersonate if you want, but Orlando does only have one All-Star. I don't give a shit what anyone says, Dwight is no All-Star. Period.

Why not SD? Come on man. How many centers are better than him? Is he dominate? No. But he is an All-Star and he puts up sick numbers mostly with athleticism. We know he's not the Big Fundamental, but who else can be like Duncan? Sean Marks maybe. But that's about it.

Roxsfan
02-28-2009, 12:59 AM

Fuck you bitch.

JoeTait75
02-28-2009, 01:01 AM
It was comforting to see Tim and Manu in street clothes, that's for sure. Even with just Manu, it's a different game. Last time we saw him in Cleveland, he beat the Cavaliers pretty much single-handedly with 46 points.

Ditty
02-28-2009, 01:01 AM
fuck lil penny are you still in the league fucker

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Fuck you bitch.

:depressed

MarHill
02-28-2009, 01:03 AM
It was comforting to see Tim and Manu in street clothes, that's for sure. Even with just Manu, it's a different game. Last time we saw him in Cleveland, he beat the Cavaliers pretty much single-handedly with 46 points.

Yeah like Lebron did tonight! Sometimes games can be decided in the 1st quarter and this one was with LBJ setting the tempo and coming back from last night's performance in Houston.

JoeTait75
02-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah like Lebron did tonight! Sometimes games can be decided in the 1st quarter and this one was with LBJ setting the tempo and coming back from last night's performance in Houston.

Yeah, I know that wasn't the real Spurs we saw tonight, but it was good to see LeBron come out pissed-off and aggressive after being, frankly, humiliated last night.

I'm impressed with Roger Mason, BTW. We saw plenty of him with Washington and I never remember him being the factor he is with San Antonio.

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Fuck you bitch.

de de dee...

This thread is turning epic......c'mon people pull your collective heads out of your asses. :lol

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 01:29 AM
I totally agree with the OP. If Tim and Manu continue playing like they did tonight, we'll have trouble getting another Championship.

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I totally agree with the OP. If Tim and Manu continue playing like they did tonight, we'll have trouble getting another Championship.

:rollin

mystargtr34
02-28-2009, 02:16 AM
LeBron was awesome. But that was the best loss the Spurs have had all year.

Malik and Pops tore it up. Same with George, but weve seen him do it in real games.

crc21209
02-28-2009, 04:53 AM
I opened this thread and saw it was made by a Hornets fan and laughed. lol. The Hornets only wish they could be like the Spurs. No way in hell do the Hornets win ANYTHING without Chris Paul. That team is shit without him. And yet the Spurs continue to have success with 2 of their big 3 out. I agree with mystargtr34 this loss just gave the staff some time to look at Pops and Hairston, which is gonna be valuable as the rotation is getting closer to being set for the playoffs.

GuerillaBlack
02-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I opened this thread and saw it was made by a Hornets fan and laughed. lol. The Hornets only wish they could be like the Spurs. No way in hell do the Hornets win ANYTHING without Chris Paul. That team is shit without him. And yet the Spurs continue to have success with 2 of their big 3 out. I agree with mystargtr34 this loss just gave the staff some time to look at Pops and Hairston, which is gonna be valuable as the rotation is getting closer to being set for the playoffs.

Wow.

anonoftheinternets
02-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow.

+1 ..... I just cant believe so many people miss comedy like that ...... :toast props to OP for THREAD OF THE MONTH ..... and POSTER OF THE MONTH ...

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM

You guys were only 5-5 without Parker.

Roxsfan
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
de de dee...

This thread is turning epic......c'mon people pull your collective heads out of your asses. :lol

Fuck you bitch:wow

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuck you bitch:wow

:whine

I can't believe this flew over so many people's heads. Don't hate on me for pointing it out. Hell I was drunk off my ass last night and picked up on it immediately. (#1 reason is because I recognize that S.D. is nothing but a tool on this board now.) :lol

This thread is great.

sook
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Great points with the OP whole heartedly agree, and SD is another poster on this thread , just don't know who it was kind of obvious

manufor3
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM

ben + sasha = manu + tim?

spursfan09
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
If only Spurs could get thier hands on a Tim Duncan or a Manu Ginobili or both.... That would be great. I agree!

de Soto
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Great...another clueless insect fan faggot boy. :rolleyes Go back to your stinking ghetto, you meatsucking pansy.

de Soto
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Great...another clueless insect fan faggot boy. :rolleyes Go back to your stinking ghetto, you meatsucking pansy.

On second thought, why don't you come and collect all the human dregs that migrated from your shithole to Texas after the hurricane and take them back. They've been on welfare ever since and a tremendous burden to Texas taxpayers...:(

sook
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
On second thought, why don't you come and collect all the human dregs that migrated from your shithole to Texas after the hurricane and take them back. They've been on welfare ever since and a tremendous burden to Texas taxpayers...:(

how did you get to be pink? Lucky bastasrd

Tmac&Luther
02-28-2009, 03:51 PM

I love this thread.....it weeds out the dumbasses. :lol

mabrignani
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
shit, if we(spurs) lose by 11 without tim and manu think of what we(spurs) will do when we(spurs) have them back!
the title of this thread should be "Why the Spurs WILL win the title" because losing by only 11 to "the best team in the east" w/o 2 of the big three is saying alot.

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 06:36 PM

You dumbass piece of shit. Get a fucking clue asshole. I'm in a pissy mood so I'm not going to explain to a numbnutz like you about this thread. Fence jumper.

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Why don't you build a fuckin fence so all those drug dealers can't camp out in San Antonio you fuckface!

Pelicans78
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Love the Creole Blue.

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Spurs probably won't win with the current roster, and the Cavs game is evidence of that. But as others have said, if the Spurs can figure out a way to acquire a player like Tim Duncan and maybe add someone like Manu Ginobili, then they definitely have a fair shot at another ring. But then again, it was just Pops first game with the team. Maybe when he finds his groove and learns the system better (and if Hairston can step up), maybe then we won't even need Tim or Manu to beat a team like the Cavs.

Ozzy
02-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Damn, that some quality :corn: time.

The only thing missing from this thread is mr. Epic Fail showing up ... (but hey, there might be too much work even for him)

j-money24
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
this was better than SD..
SD is wack now.

Roxsfan
03-01-2009, 01:51 AM
:whine

I can't believe this flew over so many people's heads. Don't hate on me for pointing it out. Hell I was drunk off my ass last night and picked up on it immediately. (#1 reason is because I recognize that S.D. is nothing but a tool on this board now.) :lol

This thread is great.

I already knew genius, but I still told him to fuck off. I posted late in the thread after reading all the comments about it being fake. So fuck off:toast

Chieflion
03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
SD is that you?