PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else at the game see the marriage proposal gone bad last night?

spursincharge
02-28-2009, 01:57 PM
So I went to the Spurs game last night and I think I saw the funniest/saddest thing I've ever seen at a basketball game --

The Spurs coyote brought this girl from the 5th row down on the court and blindfolded her and said he was going to dunk over her. He had a trampoline out and everything. As soon as he blindfolds her, he takes the trampoline away and this guy (her boyfriend) comes out and gets on one knee with a ring to propose to her. They remove the blindfold and she starts shaking her head and runs away. Poor dude. Rejected. :nope

Dex
02-28-2009, 02:01 PM
mNBwocVfhXI

Kind of like this?

Dex
02-28-2009, 02:02 PM
cmWVRs3QFUc

Or this?

manustarting2gd
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Ouch.

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
chunky girls don't like to get proposed to on national tv

Mr. Body
02-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Those are always staged.

ManuTP9
02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
lmao funny stuff

de Soto
02-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Why would anyone want to marry a fat chick anyway? They just get fatter with age. Musta been a mavs fanboy...:lmao

sa_kid20
02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
I was at the game and i don't think it was staged at all. Even the PA guy seemed caught off guard because after the girl ran off he didn't know what to say and just said, "uhhhh....give it up for the Coyote!" :lol

DMX7
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I was at the game and i don't think it was staged at all. Even the PA guy seemed caught of guard because after the girl ran off he didn't know what to say and just said, "uhhhh....give it up for the Coyote!" :lol

lol

Behrooz24
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
On the local broadcast, they said it was staged.

SpursDynasty
02-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Always staged. I've seen two video clips of other proposals at NBA halftimes, you look it up in the local news and it mentions it's staged.

honestfool84
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
that was so hilarious yesterday..

angel_luv
02-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Omg! Yes! My co-workers and I in the restaurant all saw it and felt really badly for the guy.

My co-workers all thought the girl should have said yes publicly and then taken it back publicly.
Most agreed the guy should have felt her out better before going with such a grand guesture of a proposal.
Some of the guys said they would never consider proposing like that.

I think the girl felt bad about saying no. She appeared to be crying. And there was a lot of unexpected and instant pressure put on her.

It was a rough situation for everyone involved.

angel_luv
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
That so did not look like a staged proposal stunt, although that is not how the successful proposals I have seen at the arena have occurred.
The successful ones have been on the sideline not in front of the basket- always in the same section too.

And if it was, it was a stupid move. It was a huge buzz kill and could be sited as the reason the Spurs could not motivate themselves to win.

Okay so maybe that last part is not true but the stupid, buzz kill part is.

de Soto
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
the guy should have felt her out better

I agree. One can never have enough of that. :toast

Manufan909
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
That has to suck.

WildcardManu
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
lol funny

de Soto
02-28-2009, 03:13 PM
cmWVRs3QFUc

Or this?

Whoa...she has a camel toe between her tits!!! :rollin

Bartleby
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
The NBA: Where "no" happens.

BlackSwordsMan
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
fake

benefactor
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Why would anyone want to marry a fat chick anyway? They just get fatter with age. Musta been a mavs fanboy...:lmao
Maybe because they actually love them for more than what they look like. Have fun marrying your hand.

Behrooz24
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
said proposal:

YZc9HjMTIxs&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

Nathan Explosion
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM
cmWVRs3QFUc

Or this?

McGrady trying not to laugh was hilarious.

tony09manu
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Last night it seemed so real...and I don't know why they would do it as a "joke", because it's not funny. But now that I look at the clip, it almost looks like she's laughing. It got sooooooooo quiet after that. lol

Quiet Strength
02-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Last night it seemed so real...and I don't know why they would do it as a "joke", because it's not funny. But now that I look at the clip, it almost looks like she's laughing. It got sooooooooo quiet after that. lol

Yeah when I saw it last night I thought it was real too but after seeing that clip and seeing her laughing... I think its obviously a joke.

Destro
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
its fake, that is why all the girls look like average girls, not super hot chicks...it adds to the "realness" of it.

Like the two guys that balance on each others backs...they always drop the guy, then the crowd cheers them on and they are able to make the final lift just as the Rocky music peaks...fake...just like Section 200! yeah, real special.....feels great to have your knees on the back of someone's chair all game.

ploto
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
The proposals are staged- in that they are set up by the guy with the Spurs- but it makes no sense to claim the Spurs themselves staged a fake proposal and a fake no. Now, if the girl and guy staged it- maybe- but that would mean they fooled the Spurs.

Thunder Dan
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
if you ask your girl to marry you in the middle of a basketball arena, you deserve to get shot down

Manufan909
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
And y'all can take the skinny bitches, because wasting away with age is SOOO much more appealing.

Summers
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Whoa...she has a camel toe between her tits!!! :rollin

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

G-Nob
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Thats what he gets for proposing at a ball game. Get some originality.

Agloco
02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/peninah9100/?action=view&current=money.png

SpursDynasty
How many times do women even turn down marriage proposals? I've never heard of a woman saying no. Yet 50% of them end up getting divorced. Peer pressure to get married?

Agloco

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/61056391_31343afdc6.jpg

bigdog
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I was there and I saw it. pretty funny

Kori Ellis
02-28-2009, 06:08 PM
said proposal:

YZc9HjMTIxs&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

Looked obviously staged to me.

02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
so the spurs hold staged fake marriage proposes where the girl says no just for entertainment? that's kind of weird.

SenorSpur
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I guess that means they didn't watch the 2nd half together.

Word to the wise: Keep it private.

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
This was not staged. I was at the game and saw this last night and believe me we were all getting ready to cheer because we thought she was going to say yes, instead, the girl freaked. She just started shaking and crying, like she didn't know what the hell to do. But she damn well knew she wasn't going to say yes. :nope

Everybody was caught off guard. Thank God, the coyote whisked him away. the announcer didn't know what to say. The dude got the ultimate shaft. What a dumbass not to have felt her out more to ensure marraige with him was what she wanted. Poor guy is scarred for life!:makemyday

peskypesky
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
staged.

Kori Ellis
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM
This was not staged. I was at the game and saw this last night and believe me we were all getting ready to cheer because we thought she was going to say yes, instead, the girl freaked. She just started shaking and crying, like she didn't know what the hell to do. But she damn well knew she wasn't going to say yes. :nope

Everybody was caught off guard. Thank God, the coyote whisked him away. the announcer didn't know what to say. The dude got the ultimate shaft. What a dumbass not to have felt her out more to ensure marraige with him was what she wanted. Poor guy is scarred for life!:makemyday

Look at the video of it. She is laughing.

PM5K
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
That's a pretty big matzah ball...

Shaolin-Style
02-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I guess the couple could stage it for 15 mins of fame maybe.

That one looks fake.

TwelveGs210
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
idk, could have been fake.. who gives a shit anyways.. you should know when your woman loves you enough to marry you..her saying no should be the last of your worries..if it was staged, thats pretty weird.

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Shit- in the video it does look like she's laughing. What's up with that? Why in the hell would anyone want to stage a fake proposal. We felt bad for the guy and thought it was damn typical of how the night was progressing! I don't get it... Oh well, who cares. I just love my Spurs!:king

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
That's a pretty big matzah ball...

That chick is freaking me out-she's going to look weird in 10-15 years. Yikes! :wow

cool hand
02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
fake.

TwelveGs210
02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
That chick is freaking me out-she's going to look weird in 10-15 years. Yikes! :wow

yeah but its gonna be a good 10-15 years

Spursmania
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
yeah but its gonna be a good 10-15 years

That's funny and you're right!:lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View
02-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I think it's brilliant marketing and helps to create a strong positive home-crowd reaction during a nationally televised game to stage something that's uncomfortable, embarassing and a complete downer for everyone that witnesses it. Maybe they could kick a puppy or show video of child laborers on the jumbotron, too.

"Hey folks, stay tuned for the Schindler's List halftime show!"

Nathan Explosion
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
People ever stop to think that when people are uncomfortable, they tend to laugh? It's a natural reaction. The worse the situation, the more hysterical the laughter becaue sometimes, in an intense emotional setting, it's the only thing that keeps someone from crying and losing control of themselves and the situation.

Nathan Explosion
02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I think it's brilliant marketing and helps to create a strong positive home-crowd reaction during a nationally televised game to stage something that's uncomfortable, embarassing and a complete downer for everyone that witnesses it. Maybe they could kick a puppy or show video of child laborers on the jumbotron, too.

The only logical place to go from here is to contact the Spurs, tell them you want to propose to your girl, and then dump her right in front of everyone.

The adversity will make the woman stronger for it and will rub off on the team. Had that happened last night, the Spurs would have pulled out the victory.

It's called team building people.

Blue Jew
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM

:tu

The Power Hour.
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I guess no one was told that is was fake because I asked around and everyone thought it was real. I talked to more than just fans, like personel and media.

Are those the same people that said Bush knew nothing about 9/11?

Obstructed_View
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
People ever stop to think that when people are uncomfortable, they tend to laugh? It's a natural reaction. The worse the situation, the more hysterical the laughter becaue sometimes, in an intense emotional setting, it's the only thing that keeps someone from crying and losing control of themselves and the situation.

Yeah, the silence from the crowd last night could easily be mistaken for hysterical laughter. Perhaps they could have had someone come out and explain that over the PA afterward, so people would have known to laugh. It's been this way since Andy Kaufmann took over as entertainment director for the Spurs.

MateoNeygro
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
That was fucked up. Why would that be staged...I know she looked like she was laughin but I tend to believe she didn't know what to do. So she's started laughing. Like when you fart in public all you can do is laugh....

sprrs
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Look at the video of it. She is laughing.

You've never laughed when you're nervous?

Obstructed_View
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM

Or when you fart. Hey, maybe she farted. She does have her hand over her face, and then she goes running off.

Seriously, there's probably a lot of guys that do that stupid public proposal shit to put a girl on the spot to say yes and not cause a scene. Good for the girls that don't let themselves be manipulated.

whottt
02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
:lmao it's not bad enough that the girls are rejecting the guys in front of 20k people...they've got to run off like they've got leprosy on top of it.

Seriously :wtf is up with that?

Oh shit, the guy wants to marry me and is willing to make a fool out of himself proposing to me, let me run away from him as fast possible.

Then they'll turn around and bitch about guys not being confident.

Don't get me wrong...those guys are douchebags for asking girls to marry them in the middle of basketball arenas and not knowing them well enough to avoid mass humiliation...but still, I dont' get the running off part.

Why not just say: no I can't do it...but hey, it was a nice offer and thanks for asking. Let's go catch the rest of the game.

Instead they leave the guy feeling like a mass murderer or child killer or something for asking them to marry him.

If anyone should be acting traumatized about it, it should be the guys...not the girls.

whottt
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah and if those are staged that should be chalked up as the stupid idea ever...

I mean who exactly finds that entertaining?

whottt
02-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Sup Wottt,there's some people waiting on you on the Scola thread :lmao
Scared to show up?

I decided to get a life...You guys go ahead and suck Scola off until you're full. Have at it.

I just can't figure out why ya'll call yourself Spur Fans.

Spurminator
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
The girl walked right past us on her way out. I saw no actual tears, although she was definitely staying in character until she exited.

What was also interesting is that their seats were occupied by other people RIGHT after the botched proposal. I would expect their seats to be taken eventually but this was right after the break was over.

Spurminator
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM

:lol

It's for that very reason that I didn't think the Spurs would be involved... more likely it was just two people playing a joke to amuse themselves and their friends.

Then again, I wouldn't have thought that the Spurs marketing staff would have wanted to make going to a game at the AT&T Center feel like going to a game at the AAC in Dallas, but in the two years since the last game I went to at AT&T they have almost succeeded. All that's missing is a group of fat guy dancers and a drum line.

Obstructed_View
03-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh yeah and if those are staged that should be chalked up as the stupid idea ever...

I mean who exactly finds that entertaining?

Jerry Springer's still on the air, isn't it? My kid asked me the other day what the M in MTV stands for and I said "reality show".

Behrooz24
03-01-2009, 02:15 AM
:lol

It's for that very reason that I didn't think the Spurs would be involved... more likely it was just two people playing a joke to amuse themselves and their friends.

Then again, I wouldn't have thought that the Spurs marketing staff would have wanted to make going to a game at the AT&T Center feel like going to a game at the AAC in Dallas, but in the two years since the last game I went to at AT&T they have almost succeeded. All that's missing is a group of fat guy dancers and a drum line.

http://barkley.ytmnd.com/

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
what's the Spurs record when proposals are turned down? :lmao

Thompson
03-01-2009, 02:43 AM
This isn't one of his funniest skits, but it's related to the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEx8I_3w82Y

SenorSpur
03-01-2009, 04:37 AM
If it turned out this was actually real, the poor guy should at least be entitled to a minimum 1-year supply of some sympathy strange.

wisnub
03-01-2009, 05:04 AM
This should be the most important lesson about proposing a girl for a marriage:

DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT EVER propose a girl publicly plus in public tv if you are not 100% sure the answer is going to be big yes.

That has to sucks...The one in Houston TMac must think: what a loser guy,thanks for the funny show :toast

Kori Ellis
03-01-2009, 05:16 AM

It was staged for her to say "No" and pretend to freak out. There's a handful of them every year around the NBA. I'm not saying that the teams necessarily stage them. I'm saying that the people who do them fake them. It's been going on in the league for years. There was one at a Spurs game last season or the season before too. I always see the participants afterwards laughing and joking around about it. It's a skit that is done often in sports. Look on youtube, you will see a lot of them.

Capt Bringdown
03-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Staged? About as funny as a toothache.
Please bring back the Tex-Mex band, "Cotton-eyed Joe," and the motorized stuffed armadillo.
Now that's entertainment.

Nathan Explosion
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, the silence from the crowd last night could easily be mistaken for hysterical laughter. Perhaps they could have had someone come out and explain that over the PA afterward, so people would have known to laugh. It's been this way since Andy Kaufmann took over as entertainment director for the Spurs.

I'm sure more than a few people in the crowd were lauging.

And watch anyone who gets nervous in public. I bet at least half of them will start laughing or chuckling at some point.

Why else is there such a thing as a "nervous laugh"?

Kamnik
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
these things are cheesy and lame... why the hell do people do that

Nathan Explosion
03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
these things are cheesy and lame... why the hell do people do that

That and the kiss cam. Why do they do these things at sporting events?

Now the dot race, that's some hardcore betting action right there.

SenorSpur
03-01-2009, 09:52 AM

Also in the cheesy category are those other stupid stadium songs, that Gary Glitter song and of course, the "We Will Rock You" song.

InK
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Maybe because they actually love them for more than what they look like. Have fun marrying your hand.:lol

Nathan Explosion
03-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Also in the cheesy category are those other stupid stadium songs, that Gary Glitter song and of course, the "We Will Rock You" song.

We will rock you, definitely. But I love hearing "We Are the Champions" especially considering it only gets played on one occasion.

I don't know which Gary Glitter song you're talking about though.

Thunder Dan
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
this is the in-game entertainment in San Antonio? How lame, we get the kiss cam and get 2 skeezers to make out on it. That shit is hot

seth210
03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
hahaha, i was there on friday.
i was amazed at how quiet the place got after she said no..

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
this is the in-game entertainment in San Antonio? How lame, we get the kiss cam and get 2 skeezers to make out on it. That shit is hot

We always have kiss cam amongst other entertainment. No biggie to us. Must be a big thing for you guys considering you haven't had much to celebrate in terms of Championships. It must be the little things that count for you guys. Do you all have streamers come out of the stands when you win regular games too?:blah

Thunder Dan
03-01-2009, 11:23 AM
We always have kiss cam amongst other entertainment. No biggie to us. Must be a big thing for you guys considering you haven't had much to celebrate in terms of Championships. It must be the little things that count for you guys. Do you all have streamers come out of the stands when you win regular games too?:blah

the kiss cam is nothing new, but I'm saying we get 2 women on there to actually make out and the Kiss cam is designated for women on women make out sessions. We are a classy city and if that doesn't excite you then I don't know what would

NRHector
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
the kiss cam is nothing new, but I'm saying we get 2 women on there to actually make out and the Kiss cam is designated for women on women make out sessions. We are a classy city and if that doesn't excite you then I don't know what would
isn't that supposed to be a family event? that's not very classy is more like trashy

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Kisscam definitely doesn't show 2 chicks making out. San Antonio market wouldn't enjoy that considering many kids are at the games.:downspin:

But the wedding proposal thing was funny as hell, and now that I see the video, I think it was staged. :married:

rascal
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Omg! Yes! My co-workers and I in the restaurant all saw it and felt really badly for the guy.

My co-workers all thought the girl should have said yes publicly and then taken it back publicly.
Most agreed the guy should have felt her out better before going with such a grand guesture of a proposal.
Some of the guys said they would never consider proposing like that.

I think the girl felt bad about saying no. She appeared to be crying. And there was a lot of unexpected and instant pressure put on her.

It was a rough situation for everyone involved.

Why should the girl say yes at all. the guy takes a chance by doing it in public and really just adds pressure on the girl by doing it that way. Its inconsiderate to the girl to make a public display about it.

There is no need to do it in public like that.

Thunder Dan
03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
isn't that supposed to be a family event? that's not very classy is more like trashy

I'm just joking guys

NRHector
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm just joking guyswell thanks for clearing my doubts:toast

ploto
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I have actually seen 2 women kiss on the kiss cam at the AT&T Center. A girl was waving at the camera and acting like the guy next to her was her date and all so they would put her on there and then she turned and kissed the girl next to her!

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm just joking guys

Thanks for clarifying-:lmao

Thunder Dan
03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
well thanks for clearing my doubts:toast

although, It did happen on accident once at a Tribe game. They showed this young couple, a guy and a girl, and the girl instead of kissing the guy, turned to her friend and started making out with the girl next to her. They turned the camera really fast

Indazone
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
This is the best punk'd marriage proposal ever. JKX at UNLV Game.

yEx8I_3w82Y

love the part where he tries to make free throws afterwards lol. Free season tickets if he can just convert one free throw hahahaha.

NRHector
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
although, It did happen on accident once at a Tribe game. They showed this young couple, a guy and a girl, and the girl instead of kissing the guy, turned to her friend and started making out with the girl next to her. They turned the camera really fastWell as our beloved SAPD officers say here in San Antonio "if I did not see, it did not happen":lol

rascal
03-01-2009, 11:57 AM
:lmao it's not bad enough that the girls are rejecting the guys in front of 20k people...they've got to run off like they've got leprosy on top of it.

Seriously :wtf is up with that?

Oh shit, the guy wants to marry me and is willing to make a fool out of himself proposing to me, let me run away from him as fast possible.

Then they'll turn around and bitch about guys not being confident.

Don't get me wrong...those guys are douchebags for asking girls to marry them in the middle of basketball arenas and not knowing them well enough to avoid mass humiliation...but still, I dont' get the running off part.

Why not just say: no I can't do it...but hey, it was a nice offer and thanks for asking. Let's go catch the rest of the game.

Instead they leave the guy feeling like a mass murderer or child killer or something for asking them to marry him.

If anyone should be acting traumatized about it, it should be the guys...not the girls.

Its called embarassment and humiliation for the girls thats why they run off. Its very uncomfortable for them to say no in front of so many people. They just want to leave the situation as fast as possible.

Indazone
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
can't believe anyone actually thought that marriage proposal was real. hahahahaha

rascal
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
And y'all can take the skinny bitches, because wasting away with age is SOOO much more appealing.

Most people tend to gain weight as they get older.

rascal
03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah when I saw it last night I thought it was real too but after seeing that clip and seeing her laughing... I think its obviously a joke.

Laughing out of surprise and embarassment.

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
can't believe anyone actually thought that marriage proposal was real. hahahahaha

Well, I was there and pretty close to the action. But her back was to me. Even so, I would imagine many thousands of fans thought it was real. I did, until I saw the video up close and she looked like she was laughing. But you can't see that because she was covering her mouth with her hand unless you're close up or have the opportunity to see it in a clip again.
:married:

Manufan909
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Hells yeah!!! The kiss cam is funny. I wonder if the video people have a fucking clue, or do they show random couples, they could accidently put relatives or "just friends" on.

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Benjarvus-where the hell you been?

Manufan909
03-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Most people tend to gain weight as they get older.

Bulimics tend to keep vomiting after meals as they age.

angelbelow
03-01-2009, 05:46 PM
lol shes laughing.

Marcus Bryant
03-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I never understood the need for the arena marriage proposal.

spurs girl21
03-01-2009, 06:05 PM
what proposal?

duncan228
03-01-2009, 06:05 PM
what proposal?

Start with the first post in this thread. :)

HiLouis!
03-01-2009, 06:19 PM
sweet jesus people are stupid. I bet you watch Flavor of Love and think it's legit too. People like you who believe this shit are the reason reality TV and VH1 are making bank.

Fake. And it's so obvious it's painful.

rascal
03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
sweet jesus people are stupid. I bet you watch Flavor of Love and think it's legit too. People like you who believe this shit are the reason reality TV and VH1 are making bank.

Fake. And it's so obvious it's painful.

Then explain the logic why it would be fake.

HiLouis!
03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Then explain the logic why it would be fake.

umm, the part about making bank. for the in-game proposal, don't you see the striking similarities between this video and the one with that creepy rockets bear Clutch? It's a lame schtick and a mean-spirited one at that, but it got five pages of a thread already. Obviously it makes people talk. And if the news said it's fake and you still want to believe, next you'll be telling me about GWB's grand scheme to nuke minnesota after he blew up the WTC.

mazerrackham
03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
umm, the part about making bank. for the in-game proposal, don't you see the striking similarities between this video and the one with that creepy rockets bear Clutch? It's a lame schtick and a mean-spirited one at that, but it got five pages of a thread already. Obviously it makes people talk. And if the news said it's fake and you still want to believe, next you'll be telling me about GWB's grand scheme to nuke minnesota after he blew up the WTC.

I don't really care if it's fake or not, but I don't see how making people talk makes money for an organization, they have to sell tickets/products to make bank. Unless people are talking and saying "hey! did you see that marriage proposal gone wrong last night? Maybe if we go to the next game we'll see some other dupe get turned down, haha!" then it doesn't seem to help an organization at all. I see no motivation for staging a turned down marriage proposal.

rascal
03-01-2009, 06:35 PM

What are you talking about making bank? What the hell does that mean? What news says it was a fake?

Makes no logical sense why the spurs would set this up.

Brutalis
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM

:rollin

ploto
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Hells yeah!!! The kiss cam is funny. I wonder if the video people have a fucking clue, or do they show random couples, they could accidently put relatives or "just friends" on.

Seen that, too. The girl kept mouthing into the camera--"He's my brother."

A man who used to sit next to me sometimes at Spurs games always said to me when they started the kiss cam to be prepared if they ever put us on there together!