PDA

View Full Version : Gooden buyout coming?

Spurs Brazil
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Gooden buyout coming? – Drew Gooden has said he is happy to be in Sacramento.

The question now, however, is whether he would be happier somewhere else.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, the recently acquired forward from Chicago has had recent discussions with the Kings regarding a possible buyout of the remaining portion of his expiring contract ($7.1 million this season).

While it does not appear likely, Gooden's window of opportunity to join a potential playoff team closes at 9 p.m. Pacific time tonight. That is the deadline for players to join teams and still be eligible to be on the playoff roster.

If Gooden is bought out, Cleveland and San Antonio would be two likely possibilities. Yet while that would improve Gooden's situation for this season, he will be a free agent this summer and is surely considering the best long-term plan. The Kings are expected to be under the salary cap for next season and could pay more than other teams because they would have his Bird rights.

If the Kings did not believe Gooden wanted to stay in Sacramento in the immediate or long-term, they may be interested in saving money on his deal.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1662411.html

Rogue
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
spurs are in urgent need for a big man that can grab rebounds as bonner is a mediocre rebounder, so it's gonna be a great news for spurs if gooden truly gets waived.

The Truth #6
03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I"m not sure Pop could stomach his horrible hairstyle.

timvp
03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Meh, Gooden doesn't care about winning. Good talent but not exactly the type of player that helps you win championships.

Chieflion
03-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Gooden's weak defense was exposed in Chicago. Cavs masked his defense well with their system.

SenorSpur
03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Gooden is one of those players, who upon surface view that looks more attractive on the store display, than he does after the purchase.

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware and, by all means, keep your receipt. :lol

urunobili
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
We need someone to bother the quick big men of the west on D... Gooden doesn't precisely have a tough guy stamp... But you never know...

rascal
03-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Gooden isn't any good since he is not currently on the spurs. If the spurs were to get him he instantly becomes a top addition and suddenly is good and a big difference maker.

Marcus Bryant
03-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Works for me if he actually became available, which I doubt. Given where the cap is heading those Bird Rights are going to be quite valuable to Gooden.

Gooden can provide rebounding and a good sized body up front. He's never been much of a shotblocker or interior defensive presence. But at this point I'd rather see a Gooden in the big rotation rather than the People's Champ Mensah-Bonsu.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
For the money he would get, he would definitely be worth the head pubes and entourage for a quarter season. His rebounding rate is right up there with Duncan's.

Baseline
03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Rebounding is our biggest weakness. Gooden can definitely rebound.

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he can definitely rebound.

I'm fine with him on the Spurs.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
For the money he would get, he would definitely be worth the head pubes and entourage for a quarter season. His rebounding rate is right up there with Duncan's.

........ :wtf

Darkwaters
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
If Gooden is out there then I definitely would pick him up. I don't know that hes retained next season, but he could definitely serve us in the here and now.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2009, 02:32 PM
........ :wtfI couldn't think of another way to describe his head pubes.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I couldn't think of another way to describe his head pubes.

LOL :rollin

Wasn't an indictment against you...... I don't suppose there are many popular ways to describe that sort of thing eh?

PerforatedNeckline
03-01-2009, 02:41 PM
we're talking about a player who once missed games in orlando because of ingrown leg hair.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
we're talking about a player who once missed games in orlando because of ingrown leg hair.Who knows what might happen if something went wrong with his reverse Hitler....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nAb4EHp2v2U/Rl7ZYYC753I/AAAAAAAAABk/d1QEBroGj6I/s320/drew_gooden_growth.jpg

Kermit
03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
That is a hideous ducktail. It's like a landing strip for his neck.

K-State Spur
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Meh, Gooden doesn't care about winning. Good talent but not exactly the type of player that helps you win championships.

combine that with a terrible basketball IQ. ...not to imply that his actual IQ is any higher.