PDA

View Full Version : Can Mayo do what Rose did?

BullsDynasty
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Down 17 with 5 min to go and then take over the game by scoring 16 points in the final minutes?

Imo Rose > Mayo

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty sure he can.
Mayo>Rose

mogrovejo
03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
He can, it's about scoring. Mayo is almost as good as Rose now, maybe even better if you factor defence. In the future, it won't even be close. Mayo lacks Rose's pg instincts and the ability to get to the rim.

manufor3
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
yes, mayo>rose
Mayo + Westbrook > Rose + Beasley

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 01:21 PM
No he can't. He's not a natural scorer. He has alot of physical tools, but he's gonna be known more for his all around game than his scoring. If he would have stayed in college for a couple more seasons he would have learned how to take over games. Rose has alot of physical tools as well, but has better instincts at this point.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
He's not a natural scorer.

Mayo? Are you retarded?

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
He can, it's about scoring. Mayo is almost as good as Rose now, maybe even better if you factor defence. In the future, it won't even be close. Mayo lacks Rose's pg instincts and the ability to get to the rim.

Mayo's a pg?

Mayo > Rose

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Mayo? Are you retarded?

:lol

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Mayo? Are you retarded?

Didn't watch him at USC last season did you? He's no Kevin Durant.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Mayo has more of an all-around game and a good defender, but he's not a scorer in the mold of Kobe or Wade. He doesn't have their quickness or their overall one-on-one ability. He's a very good player, but he won't be a MVP type of player.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Didn't watch him at USC last season did you? He's no Kevin Durant.

Yeah you're pretty much a dumbass if you hold the opinion that Mayo isn't a scorer.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Mayo has more of an all-around game and a good defender, but he's not a scorer in the mold of Kobe or Wade. He doesn't have their quickness or their overall one-on-one ability. He's a very good player, but he won't be a MVP type of player.

Neither will Rose.

Have you watched Mayo play at all thise year? By the way you're posting, I'd go with no.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Neither will Rose.

I never said Rose would. I don't think he's a natural PG. He can play the point, but doesn't have the instincs of CP3, Williams, or Parker. He's still better than Westbrook who is truly more of SG. Still, Rose would be the better pick since he plays PG allowing him to have more control of the game.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah you're pretty much a dumbass if you hold the opinion that Mayo isn't a scorer.

He's a scorer, just not a great one. He has all the physical ability, but he fits the mold of young guards coming out too early without much polish to their game. Mayo will be different since he has more of an all-around game and tries to play defense, but he's not as good as Brandon Roy and probably won't ever be as good.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Neither will Rose.

Have you watched Mayo play at all thise year? By the way you're posting, I'd go with no.

It doesn't matter how much you score when your team is one of the worst in the league. Basically, his points end up as garbage points when it counts.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
He's a scorer, just not a great one. He has all the physical ability, but he fits the mold of young guards coming out too early without much polish to their game. Mayo will be different since he has more of an all-around game and tries to play defense, but he's not as good as Brandon Roy and probably won't ever be as good.

Without much polish to his game? Thanks for telling me you haven't seen him play this year and for your prophetic views on how good he'll be.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
It doesn't matter how much you score when your team is one of the worst in the league. Basically, his points end up as garbage points when it counts.

So you're also telling me Durant's points don't count as well?

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Without much polish to his game? Thanks for telling me you haven't seen him play this year and for your prophetic views on how good he'll be.

Your just biased since you're a Grizzlies fan. Mayo has talent and was rightly the 3rd pick in the draft. He could probably end up better than Beasley, but he's a go-to-guy on a very bad team so it doesn't do much for me. Beasley and Rose were much better players last year in college. Mayo had the hype, but those two guys outperformed him. Beasley was a monster every night just like Durant. Again, I would have drafted Mayo number 3, but if you're telling me he's in the mold of Jordan, Kobe, Wade, and even a Vince Carter, you're just wrong. It's easy to put up numbers on a sucky team.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:45 PM
So you're also telling me Durant's points don't count as well?

For the most part even though his team is starting to play better and his numbers dwarf Mayo's. Surprisingly, his team has played well the last two games without him. But in the end, it's all about wins and losses. I think Memphiz and the Thunder will improve each season and Mayo will be a very good player, but let's not pretend he's something he's not.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Your just biased since you're a Grizzlies fan. Mayo has talent and was rightly the 3rd pick in the draft. He could probably end up better than Beasley, but he's a go-to-guy on a very bad team so it doesn't do much for me. Beasley and Rose were much better players last year in college. Mayo had the hype, but those two guys outperformed him. Beasley was a monster every night just like Durant. Again, I would have drafted Mayo number 3, but if you're telling me he's in the mold of Jordan, Kobe, Wade, and even a Vince Carter, you're just wrong. It's easy to put up numbers on a sucky team.

I forgot how that what you do in college translates to what you'll do in the pros. And too bad I didn't say that, and thanks for telling me Durant's points don't count either.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:47 PM
For the most part even though his team is starting to play better and his numbers dwarf Mayo's. Surprisingly, his team has played well the last two games without him. But in the end, it's all about wins and losses. I think Memphiz and the Thunder will improve each season and Mayo will be a very good player, but let's not pretend he's something he's not.

Uh well like you've been saying, player's stats on bad teams don't matter, so who cares how many points Durant averges?

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I forgot how that what you do in college translates to what you'll do in the pros. And too bad I didn't say that, and thanks for telling me Durant's points don't count either.

They don't really count. He could have made the All-Star team with his numbers, same with Al Jefferson, but both play for bad teams so no one takes the numbers that seriously.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
They don't really count. He could have made the All-Star team with his numbers, same with Al Jefferson, but both play for bad teams so no one takes the numbers that seriously.

They should probably not start counting a player's total career points until they're on a good team.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:54 PM
They should probably not start counting a player's total career points until they're on a good team.

Sure, you win. I'm tired of talking about Orenthal James Mayo anyway. Besides, I wish he was our starting SG. Let's talk about Sean Marks and how he got screwed by not being apart of the slam dunk contest.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Sure, you win. I'm tired of talking about Orenthal James Mayo anyway. Besides, I wish he was our starting SG. Let's talk about Sean Marks and how he got screwed by not being apart of the slam dunk contest.

Along with participating in the dunk contest, he also should've been in the 3 pt. contest, skills challenge, and horse.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm tired of talking about Orenthal James Mayo anyway.
Good one. Ovinton J'Anthony would be rollin.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Dirk4MVP, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I don't get to watch Memphis at all. I was wondering why they're struggling lately with Gay, Conley, Gasol and Mayo. Seems like a good nucleus to work with. Is it coaching? Is it Conley?

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Along with participating in the dunk contest, he also should've been in the 3 pt. contest, skills challenge, and horse.

He would definitely win Horse. I'm sure he could have beaten Rose in the Skills challenge and Cook in the 3-point shootout.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Dirk4MVP, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I don't get to watch Memphis at all. I was wondering why they're struggling lately with Gay, Conley, Gasol and Mayo. Seems like a good nucleus to work with. Is it coaching? Is it Conley?

Considering you, me, or that BenJarvus guy could do a better job of coaching than what they currently have, I'd go with that. Or it could be the nasty Memphis hookers that wear them out the night before a game.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Considering you, me, or that BenJarvus guy could do a better job of coaching than what they currently have, I'd go with that. Or it could be the nasty Memphis hookers that wear them out the night before a game.

I think BenJarvus is actually Michael Curry. He got offended when I said Detroit should be the 3rd best team in the league without AI and he's the guy who started AI over Hamilton.