PDA

View Full Version : Pistons - AI = 3rd best in East

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Really simple math.

JoeTait75
03-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Really simple math.

I don't know about that. I just think for whatever reason they've got some kind of mind-control over Orlando.

... which would make them the third-best team in the East. So I guess I agree with you after all. :lol

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Cause of 1.5 games of basketball? please.

jack sommerset
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I would have never guessed the Pistons were better with Billups than AI.

Lp26
03-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Reallly? 27-29 and are the 3rd best? I could swear they are 7th in the east. Dumbass.http://www.beerial.com/penis%20pig.jpg

Who's better than them besides CLE and BOS? Their retarded play is not due to lack of talent, it's mismanagement of the roster, and particularly one too many SG's.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Reallly? 27-29 and are the 3rd best? I could swear they are 7th in the east. Dumbass.

What did my post say? Without AI dumbass. Get a clue asshole

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
What did my post say? Without AI dumbass. Get a clue asshole

If you've ever read any of thig guy's posts, you'd know he's the worst poster on ST.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Really simple math.

You forgot something:

(Pistons - AI) + Billups = 3rd Best in the East

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:29 PM
You forgot something:

(Pistons - AI) + Billups = 3rd Best in the East

Actually, even with Stuckey, they're better than Orlando, Atlanta, etc.

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Orlando Philly Miami and Atlanta are better than Detroit.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Not really. I could easily see the Pistons without AI winning a 7 game series against any of those teams.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Not really. I could easily see the Pistons without AI winning a 7 game series against any of those teams.

Was AI playing against Boston? They looked pretty good today....

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Was AI playing against Boston? They looked pretty good today....

Nope he was out and I think their coach will bring Iverson off the bench once he's back and leave Rip in the starting lineup.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Nope he was out and I think their coach will bring Iverson off the bench once he's back and leave Rip in the starting lineup.

WTF is going on up there anyway? I just read that Rip was coming off the bench for a while? I don't follow them much, only their record. Things are starting to make sense. That's a train wreck up there.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 03:56 PM
WTF is going on up there anyway? I just read that Rip was coming off the bench for a while? I don't follow them much, only their record. Things are starting to make sense. That's a train wreck up there.

Curry was too afraid to bench Iverson once Rip came back from an injury so he left Rip on the bench and started Iverson at SG and kept Stuckey at the point. Pistons go 4-12 including a 7 game losing streak. Then Iverson gets hurt. Pistons win at Orlando and Boston back-to-back.

Agloco
03-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Curry was too afraid to bench Iverson once Rip came back from an injury so he left Rip on the bench and started Iverson at SG and kept Stuckey at the point. Pistons go 4-12 including a 7 game losing streak. Then Iverson gets hurt. Pistons win at Orlando and Boston back-to-back.

:wow:wow:wow

AI really wrecked them. He just isn't the answer..........

Pistonfan1
03-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Considering how bad the east is, the thread starter may have a point. The fact remains this isnt an elite team anymore. They are an average team who is going no further than the 2nd round. We also beat the Celts without KG.

Lp26
03-01-2009, 04:07 PM

ORL? No way. They can't even get over their mental block against us and they take about 37 3's a game. PHI isn't and neither is MIA. The only team on that list that is iffy is ATL.

If this AI bench experiment works and he gets the reduced minutes and handles it well, this team could possibly be dangerous (not title contender, but upset worthy)

1Parker1
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Actually, I do think that without Jameer Nelson, the Pistons could conceivably beat the Magic in a 7 game series. But I do think that AI needs to come off the bench and Hamilton start.

AI is just killing that team's chemistry as a starter for whatever reason.

1Parker1
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh and they just beat the Celtics @ Boston without AI. Rip had a nice all around game.

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
ORL? No way. They can't even get over their mental block against us and they take about 37 3's a game. PHI isn't and neither is MIA. The only team on that list that is iffy is ATL.

If this AI bench experiment works and he gets the reduced minutes and handles it well, this team could possibly be dangerous (not title contender, but upset worthy)

You're pretty confident in a 29-29 team that's 2-8 in their last 10.

Bob Lanier
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Considering how bad the east is
Why do that? One should consider something only in regard to its circumstances, and the East, however bad it may be, is still far stronger than the West.

JoeTait75
03-01-2009, 04:29 PM

I'd be confident too if my team just beat Orlando and Boston back-to-back in their buildings.

Lp26
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM

It's not even that. Our bad play is not indicative of us being a bad team. We do have a major problem and his name is Iverson. If we can find a way to incorporate him in w/ the bench guys seamlessly then great.

But the team that you guys saw today is the team we see in stretches when AI is not on the floor. They have not all of a sudden become incapable. This is what the team has looked like with Rip and since Rip is not going back to the bench pretty much ever, these Pistons aren't going to disappear unless AI comes in and starts playing 40 min again (which isn't unlikely).

I'm just relieved to see this line-up validate itself since i've been posting OCD stating that AI should come off the bench or that that he didn't mesh from the jump so i'm probably over-excited. :lol

Typhoon
03-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Pistons + Herrmann = 1st in East

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Why do that? One should consider something only in regard to its circumstances, and the East, however bad it may be, is still far stronger than the West.

No it isn't. It just has less terrible teams than the West.

But East's 4th is equal to WEst's 9th.... yeahhh, wouldn't say that's "far stronger".

Bob Lanier
03-01-2009, 05:04 PM
No it isn't. It just has less terrible teams than the West.

But East's 4th is equal to WEst's 9th.... yeahhh, wouldn't say that's "far stronger".
Equal to in terms of record, which is obviously inflated in the West by the looser standards.

The Suns couldn't win two games against Atlanta in a playoff series, and I sincerely doubt they could win four against Milwaukee.