PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler is peeved that the Broncos

ducks
03-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Jay Cutler is peeved that the Broncos would even entertain the idea of acquiring Matt Cassel. Can you blame him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvRF61ib8E.18xpck8GXCpxDubYF?slug=cr-winlose022809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ducks
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
As Cutler told the Denver Post Saturday night, “I’m upset. I mean, I’m really shocked at this point. I could see why they want [Matt] Cassel. I don’t know if they think I can’t run the system or I don’t have the skills for it. I just don’t get it. Or if they don’t think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don’t know what it is. I’ve heard I’m still on the trading block.”

jack sommerset
03-01-2009, 06:49 PM
He should be pissed.

ducks
03-01-2009, 09:16 PM
He should be pissed.

why
he has sucked

jack sommerset
03-01-2009, 10:07 PM
why
he has sucked

no,that defense sucked

BSofA04
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
What a whiney little bitch. He is like 17-24 as a starter (or something close to that). Not that he sucks, but it's a business. Nothing should be taken personal. Someone should refer his pansy ass to Derrick Brooks and the way he handled adversity.

ducks
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM
he should have thought new gm new coach
might want to pick their own quarterback
since the quarterbacks play has alot to do with if your football team wins

ABDENOUR POWER
03-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Jay Cutler needs to grow a pair.

Pistons < Spurs
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Mel Kiper shits all over Cutler.....

*Audio Clip (http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3957375)*

exstatic
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
His butt-hurt act must be wearing pretty thin with the front office by now. What a little bitch.

You aren't Joe Montana, Jay.

jack sommerset
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
They should trade the guy. The new coaching staff does not want him. And I get the people who think Cutler is bieng a baby but the way the new guys handled this shit and the owner allowing them to lie after the fact makes the Broncos look like the real assholes.

Cutler has more than potential. He will be great one day. He has a hell of a arm and after 3 years he has already made the pro bowl..

Warlord23
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM
lol, Cutler ... the next Farve on all counts, including theatrics

200 miles
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
what a prima donna

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I guess he's trying to turn it up a notch. I'll take lol,Cutler in the D in a heartbeat. But seriously, WTF are the Broncos doing?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18926235/detail.html#-

Pistons < Spurs
03-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"

They have tried separating. They have twice tried meeting.

Nothing has worked. What's next for new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and his disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler? There now appears a real possibility the two sides are headed for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences.

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

Friction between Cutler and McDaniels appears to have escalated following a meeting Saturday at team headquarters. Attending the meeting were Cutler, his agent Bus Cook, McDaniels and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

The Broncos say no ultimatums were given during the meeting, which the team characterized as mild-mannered with no raised voices.

However, no reconciliation was reached.

"We agreed to regroup and continue to have conversations," a Broncos spokesman told the Denver Post. "The Broncos reinforced to Jay and his agent that they have been honest with them since Day One."

Cutler and McDaniels did not return calls seeking comment Sunday.

The breakdown came just as it appeared Cutler and McDaniels were moving towards mending their relationship. Cutler returned to Denver late last week from Nashville, where he has spent most of the offseason.

With McDaniels holding his first team meeting at 8 a.m. Monday, Cutler was not only planning to attend, he agreed to a preemptive personal meeting with his new coach and GM. However, according to a source close to Cutler, the quarterback didn't like what he heard and as of Sunday was set on skipping the team meeting Monday.

The meeting, which technically begins the Broncos' offseason conditioning program, is not considered mandatory under the collective bargaining agreement.
Jay Cutler (Associated Press file photo)
The first mandatory session Cutler is obligated to attend is the Broncos' first minicamp, April 17-19. If Cutler skips that minicamp, the Broncos could fine him each day he misses. He could also be fined a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus.

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in both a conference call last Monday with Broncos officials that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday at Dove Valley with McDaniels and Xanders.

Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the quarterback's trade out of Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer.

It's possible that because of their mistrust in Broncos officials, Cook and Cutler are seeking commitment from the team via a new contract. After making between $14.6 million and $17.3 million (depending on undisclosed incentives earned) through the first three years of his six-year contract, Cutler will draw a relatively affordable $1.035 million salary this season. Cutler could also earn an additional $100,000 by attending 90 percent of the team's offseason conditioning program that technically begins after the meeting Monday, although, for now, Cutler is willing to forfeit that workout bonus.

Cutler also has bonuses of $4 million in 2010 and $12 million in 2011 that are not guaranteed but would become vested through playing time and performance if
Josh McDaniels (Associated Press file photo)
he remains with the Broncos.

Cutler, who passed for 25 touchdowns and 4,526 yards last year but also threw 18 interceptions, has been unhappy since learning he was involved in a trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay in a three-team swap that would have brought Matt Cassel, McDaniels' former quarterback in New England, to Denver.

Cutler has said he is not bothered by the trade proposal itself, but how McDaniels has misled him. McDaniels has said the Broncos merely listened to offers submitted from other teams, as they do for all players, but Cutler's camp isn't buying that explanation.

The Broncos are now weighing their options, including the possibility Cutler isn't interested in playing for them. While the team was hoping to avoid dealing away a 25-year-old quarterback who earned a Pro Bowl nod in just his second full season as a starter, keeping him would risk sending a message to the rest of the team there is one set of rules for Cutler, and another for everybody else.

The Broncos' current backup quarterback is Chris Simms, a former Tampa Bay starter who was recently signed to a two-year, $6 million contract from the free-agent market. Simms will make $3.46 million in salary and bonus in 2009 and could earn another $1.5 million in incentives that appear more makeable with each passing day of the Cutler controversy.

Cutler put his Parker home up for sale last week and his parents listed their Elizabeth home for sale Saturday, perhaps sending the message they are serious about wanting out of Denver.

If Cutler is dealt, his preferences figure to be the Tennessee Titans, who play in Nashville, or the Chicago Bears, his favorite childhood team who would seem to be in need of a quarterback upgrade.

Other possibilities could be Cleveland, whose coach, Eric Mangini, was formerly McDaniels' colleague on Bill Belichick's staff in New England; Tampa Bay; Minnesota; Detroit and Arizona.

Most big NFL trades involve draft picks so any such deal for Cutler probably wouldn't be consummated until the NFL draft, which starts April 25. The Broncos could also decide to not trade Cutler and treat him as a holdout should he not report to workouts next month.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

Pistons < Spurs
03-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Cutler Will Not Show Up Monday

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will not report for the team's voluntary workout on Monday. Cutler and his agent met with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler remains in Denver where he recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping Monday's voluntary session.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

IronMexican
03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Feels so good to see an AFC West team implode not names the Raiders.

Pistons < Spurs
03-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Give it time ... It's still early in the offseason!:lol

monosylab1k
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
All this whining and crying coming from maybe the 15th best QB in the league. This is like when Greg Ellis bitches about his contract every offseason. Is a guy that painfully average really worth the trouble?

Fillmoe
03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
gay cutler is a bum.... i hope they trade his ass to the lions

IronMexican
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Give it time ... It's still early in the offseason!:lol

Quit giving us so much credit. The regulsr season? By traing camp the coach should be almost fired:lol

Sigz
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM

Don't worry.

The Raiders will still get a top 5 pick next season.

Pistons < Spurs
03-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Cutler says he can't trust McDaniels

Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler said Sunday night that he will not report to the team's first meeting on Monday and has formally asked to be traded. He confirmed that a Saturday meeting with first-year coach Josh McDaniels ended badly from his perspective while McDaniels offered another viewpoint on Sunday night.

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first team meeting on Monday as they begin their offseason program.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen told the Denver Post on Sunday that he was disappointed with how Cutler has handled the situation. In a telephone interview with ESPN, McDaniels was reluctantly expansive on the story.

"I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it's only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context," McDaniels said. "There's been a pattern here for the past two weeks the way things [have been represented] in our communications. I don't think anythng that happened [Saturday] was out of the ordinary. At the end of the meeting, Jay said he had thought about things quite a bit and requested a few more hours to mull things over. He said he wanted to talk to Bus on how to proceed. He was gonna call me on my cell phone and that never happened. Instead, Bus called [GM] Brian [Xanders].

"Again, I think that's been a pattern. I couldn't get [Cutler] to talk to me for two weeks or to talk to Mr. Bowlen. Then when he came here this weekend, we couldn't get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone. He wanted Bus in there, so I had Brian sit in, too. And it was the four of us. There wasn't any yelling, none of that. I can't believe we get to a totally different [interpretation].

"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we've done our best to limit that. The main message I want to get out is that we're excited to start our offseason program [Monday]. It's an exciting time for us."

Cutler won't be present at the team meeting.

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday] but not now," Cutler said. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

As McDaniels pointed out, Cutler had a completely different expectation when he left their private meeting on Saturday.

Cutler said: "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things, but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

Cutler denied recent reports that he had asked to be traded when the Broncos fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because it was the second-ranked offense in football," Cutler said. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," McDaniels said. "Not a word has been said about that."

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

McDaniels admitted that the team got involved in trade discussions for Cassel, who instead was dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs. However, he said any perception Cutler felt that the team could still trade him was misleading.

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

Cutler feels like McDaniels lost his credibility with him when he initially denied to the quarterback that the Broncos tried to acquire Cassel only to admit it later.

"Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other," Cutler said. "He's never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?"

He also explained that his house being put up for sale was "nothing more than a coincidence."

"I had already shown my house privately to some interested buyers a couple of months ago," Cutler said. "I've really been looking to buy 40 to 70 acres of land there."

As for ignoring phone calls from McDaniels and Bowlen, Cutler said: "Josh and I have exchanged text messages. We had a conference call. And if Pat wanted to speak to me, why didn't he come to the meeting on Saturday?"

Cook said that as an agent he was "totally in shock" that it has gotten so ugly.

"I would have bet my house going into Saturday's meeting that everyone would be shaking hands and smiling," Cook said. "I thought it was going to get worked out. But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

Yet Cook admitted that when he called Xanders to request a trade on Saturday night, the team's general manager said it wasn't going to happen and that "Jay should show up Monday."

That wasn't going to happen, either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

tlongII
03-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Cutler's a good QB. Bowlen and McDaniels are to blame for this mess. Your new head coach shouldn't come to the team saying he wished he had another QB which is essentially what happened here. You can't argue with Cutler's stats.

BacktoBasics
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Cutler's a good QB. Bowlen and McDaniels are to blame for this mess. Your new head coach shouldn't come to the team saying he wished he had another QB which is essentially what happened here. You can't argue with Cutler's stats.
What good are stats if you can't win.

Whisky Dog
03-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Cutler says he can't trust McDaniels

In a telephone interview with ESPN, McDaniels was reluctantly expansive on the story.

"I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing

Did McDaniels just call Cutler a chick?

Seriously, I can't comment much either way without knowing the story and who was doing what behind the scenes. I will say that Cutler probably could have made things easier on himself by keeping all of this in house for the time being, but sometimes that is easier said than done.

johnsmith
03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
What good are stats if you can't win.

Here is Cutlers record based on points scored against his team:

Points Allowed --- record
0-22 ---- 12-1
23-29 --- 2-6
30-34 --- 2-6
35-39 --- 1-2
40+ --- 0-5
Total --- 17-20

It's not his fault that his defense has been TERRIBLE for his entire career. Elway was 6-31 when teams scored more than 30. Payton is 6-22.

Quarterbacks get too much credit for wins (see VY), and too much blame for losses.

Having said that, he's still being a little bitch, but I hope they find a way to make him happy because once he has a defense that doesn't get the Broncos in a hole immediately, he will get much, much better.

mytespurs
03-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Both sides are at fault imho.

The Broncos handled this wrong from the start. I don't understand why the Broncos would consider trading for Matt Cassel considering they have a very talented QB on their roster. They need to make the team better-QB spot seemed secure. And while I understand why Cutler was upset, he needs to grow up and start to move on..............he's losing my support w/his whining.

chode_regulator
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
All this whining and crying coming from maybe the 15th best QB in the league. This is like when Greg Ellis bitches about his contract every offseason. Is a guy that painfully average really worth the trouble?

Hmmm...not a Broncos fan at all. In fact as a chiefs fan this gives me great pleasure. However, he set team records last season in several areas, which means in some areas he is now statistivally better than John Elway. His defense is horrible and nothing a QB can do about that.

gay cutler is a bum.... i hope they trade his ass to the lions

Maybe the Chiefs could trade Cassel for Cutler. I'd rather have him than Cassel

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
No way are the Broncos trading inside the AFC, let alone the AFC West.

monosylab1k
03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Cutler could be going to the Jets.

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Teams that could land Cutler in my opinion:

Vikings
Lions
Browns
Bucs
Jets

I could see all those teams making a serious move for him.

stretch
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM

0-22 ---- 12-1
23-29 --- 2-6
30-34 --- 2-6
35-39 --- 1-2
40+ --- 0-5
Total --- 17-20

It's not his fault that his defense has been TERRIBLE for his entire career. Elway was 6-31 when teams scored more than 30. Payton is 6-22.

Quarterbacks get too much credit for wins (see VY), and too much blame for losses.

Having said that, he's still being a little bitch, but I hope they find a way to make him happy because once he has a defense that doesn't get the Broncos in a hole immediately, he will get much, much better.

I definitely agree with this post to an extent. Which is why I believe Peyton Manning is the best QB in NFL history. NEVER had a good defense.

samikeyp
03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Everyone else here has said it, I might as well too.

lol Cutler.

:lol

Spurtacus
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Crybaby Cutler.

Someone have a pic of him and Rivers going at it?

monosylab1k
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM

0-22 ---- 12-1
23-29 --- 2-6
30-34 --- 2-6
35-39 --- 1-2
40+ --- 0-5
Total --- 17-20

Funny how there's always an excuse for Cutler and his losing ways.

Jay Cutler was a loser in college and he's a loser in the pros. And he's always had an excuse as to why he's a loser. Maybe it's time to start pointing the finger at the guy doing all the losing.

gaKNOW!blee
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Rumors are starting to swirl about Cutler to Buffalo. It's only lukewarm right now but dont be surprised if this thing heats up.

monosylab1k
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Rumors are starting to swirl about Cutler to Buffalo. It's only lukewarm right now but dont be surprised if this thing heats up.

lol they already brought a big can of gasoline to Buffalo, now they want to trade for the lighted match?

stretch
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
lol, cutler

Ghazi
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Funny how there's always an excuse for Cutler and his losing ways.

Jay Cutler was a loser in college and he's a loser in the pros. And he's always had an excuse as to why he's a loser. Maybe it's time to start pointing the finger at the guy doing all the losing.

Dude played at Vandy can't hold that against him.:p:

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
lol they already brought a big can of gasoline to Buffalo, now they want to trade for the lighted match?

Guess you don't know what they called Brandon Marshall.

johnsmith
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Guess you don't know what they called Brandon Marshall.

Marshall is only an off the field cancer..............unless he's fumbling in the redzone.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
They call him "Baby TO"

johnsmith
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
They call him "Baby TO"

They called him that in college too, it was because of the way he plays.

JoshO501
03-18-2009, 12:14 AM
oh my gosh did anybody watch the herm edwards role play with trent dilfer where herm was mcdaniels and dilfer was cutler? that had to be the gayest thing i have ever seen on espn. i was actually embarrassed for them.

J.T.
03-18-2009, 05:15 AM
I definitely agree with this post to an extent. Which is why I believe Peyton Manning is the best QB in NFL history. NEVER had a good defense.

He's had good D's the last few years they just take a group trip to the vasectomy doctor before New Years each year to get the rookies to catch on to the whole play like you have no balls in January thing.

stretch
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
He's had good D's the last few years they just take a group trip to the vasectomy doctor before New Years each year to get the rookies to catch on to the whole play like you have no balls in January thing.

i disagree. i mean they have been alright, but their run defense has constantly been horrible. and i think a big reason why their defense has put up decent and at times quite good stats over the past few years, is because their offense has been so good and efficient, that most of their opponents cannot keep up with them in scoring.

but his defense has NEVER been on the level as the defense that tom brady or joe montana had. Manning has had to carry that team more than Brady or Montana has ever had to. those guys could rely on their defenses to provide them good field position, and werent in positions were they were pretty much forced to score on almost every possession. Manning hasn't consistently had that luxury, not to mention he calls his own plays. when considering all that, and the fact that he is simply a better passer period, puts him at #1 all-time in my book. however, unless he wins another ring or two, most other people wont look at him that way.

stretch
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
lol cutler

jack sommerset
03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Thunder Dans heart may be broken. Talks are in the works for Brady Quinn to go to the Broncos.