PDA

View Full Version : Suns 118, Lakers 111

SpursDynasty
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Good job Phoenix today for going out there and getting another routine win against an underdog Laker team. Nothing spectacular about this win considering it was just the Lakers, but good job nonetheless. They just went out there and played their game. If more teams would just go out there, play some defense, get your rebounds, and get good looks at the basket against the Lakers, the Lakers would be about 40-20 rather than 48-12. Good job at getting the high percentage shots with Shaq. If Amare isn't so concerned about being the man when he comes back, Phoenix can do some damage in the West and possibly make the WCF's.

It was another day of 20 missed shots for the so-called MVP Kobe Bryant. 10-for-31 against the Nuggets and then 18-for-38...wow, it's amazing what happens when teams play DEFENSE against Kobe and not play Mickey Mouse basketball just because it's Kobe. No trash talking or disrespect to the Lakers with this thread, just making a point that if teams go out and play their game against the Lakers, the Lakers most likely lose and are a #5 seed team. Again, good job Phoenix. Nothing shocking or surprising about this win.

turiaf for president
03-01-2009, 07:31 PM
if lakers play THEIR game, they most likely WIN and are a no 1 seed.

IronMexican
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
If the other team always made their shots like their supposed to, LA would be 0-57

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
if lakers play THEIR game, they most likely WIN and are a no 1 seed.

You guys have been susceptible lately. Still the favorites, but the gap isn't as wide as once thought.

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
You guys have been susceptible lately. Still the favorites, but the gap isn't as wide as once thought.

Only team even close is the Spurs.

The rest of the west, yes the gap is very wide. Save your Hornets BS since we all know if they got in a game 7 with the Lakers, CP3 would let Sean muthafuckin Marks try and win the game.

Banzai
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Suns had to definitely bring their A game today..of course the Lakers brought NO game.

Pelicans78
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Only team even close is the Spurs.

The rest of the west, yes the gap is very wide. Save your Hornets BS since we all know if they got in a game 7 with the Lakers, CP3 would let Sean muthafuckin Marks try and win the game.

Instigator.

KB24 MVP
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Lol Spurs D is funny acting like an idiot all the time appearing when we lose games but when we win hes nowhere in sight lol

BeeGee
03-01-2009, 08:05 PM
No trash talking or disrespect to the Lakers with this thread, just making a point that if teams go out and play their game against the Lakers, the Lakers most likely lose and are a #5 seed team. Again, good job Phoenix. Nothing shocking or surprising about this win.

Lol - this fool must be jokin'. So basically, everybody has laid down and made the Lakers the best team in the West, right? Typical Spurs fan garbage. if you took a minute to watch the Lakers and inform yourself CORRECTLY before you spit out that bullshizm, you'd see that the Lakers depth is what has them at 48-12, not Mickey Mouse defense on Kobe. Kobe has been able to coast a whole lot this year because everybody else is contributing our depth is our biggest weapon. So while you take 12 losses as proof that if teams go out and "play their game" the Lakers would be a #5 seed, I'll take the 48 wins as proof that no matter how much you wish this was the 05-07 Lakers, we're better. I'm not talkin' trash or trying to disrespect anyone though. The season is a grind, dude. Anybody can and will be beaten on any given day, but I'll take my team against your any day and we'll see who can "play their game".

Uh no trashtalking here though :rolleyes

benefactor
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Brotha Bee...SpursDynasty is our resident village idiot. Even most Spurs fans can't stand him.

dirk4mvp
03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Brotha Bee...SpursDynasty is our resident village idiot. Even most Spurs fans can't stand him.

Every fanbase besides the spurs like the guy. There was a thread almost every day asking when he was coming back when he suspended himself a few weeks ago.

benefactor
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
They just miss him for entertainment value.

BeeGee
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
lol Facto, waddup, family. Tks for the heads up, big homie. That'll save me from wasting any time on him.

BeeGee
03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
He suspended himself? Ok nuff said

Xylus
03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Suns had to definitely bring their A game today..of course the Lakers brought NO game.

No shit, we don't have our two (arguably) best players.

SpursDynasty
03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't know why people take this as trash talking. I simply stated that if teams go out and play more than half-assed, the Lakers are average. Today's game and the Denver game are proof of that.

Dinamita
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
disappointing game.

cobbler
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know why people take this as trash talking. I simply stated that if teams go out and play more than half-assed, the Lakers are average. Today's game and the Denver game are proof of that.

Most dont take it as trash talking. Most posters take it just for what it is. The same ole same ole dribble that maybe one or two times was amusing... and now is just an ignorant person spewing the same boring material.:lmao

BUMP
03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Most dont take it as trash talking. Most posters take it just for what it is. The same ole same ole dribble that maybe one or two times was amusing... and now is just an ignorant person spewing the same boring material.:lmao

jdev82
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
like your signature
but why the hell is bruce so short? hes like 6-7 6-8

iggypop123
03-02-2009, 01:30 AM
like your signature
but why the hell is bruce so short? hes like 6-7 6-8

no he isnt. thats with shoes at best. its like saying that beasley is 6-10. laughable

TheMACHINE
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM

regardless if trash or not, i notice most of his threads are losing steam and the only guys responding are newbies. Sure is getting old....fast

Brazil
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
ST needs SD

Lakers999
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
there are 42 FT attempts by the suns and the only 20 by the Lakers, I wonder if everyone here is on the same page when we say "only a 7 point win"

considering some kind of lop sided FT shooting never happed in the at&t center spurs fans could care less about the facts because the point is Laker Lost right???

fucking pathetic

lurker
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
there are 42 FT attempts by the suns and the only 20 by the Lakers, I wonder if everyone here is on the same page when we say "only a 7 point win"

considering some kind of lop sided FT shooting never happed in the at&t center spurs fans could care less about the facts because the point is Laker Lost right???

fucking pathetic
If Mavs fans can't use that excuse, neither can you. Sorry.

Xylus
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM

fucking pathetic

The Suns got to the line more because they were the more aggressive team, attacking the basket and scoring in the paint. Outside of Kobe and Gasol (who both went to the line on a number of occasions), no one on the Lakers attacked the paint aggressively. Kobe took over because the rest of his team looked deflated, settling for jumpshots in the 2nd half.

And had the Suns made their FT's (26-42), it would have been a blowout.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM

fucking pathetic

Laker fans seem incapable of understanding that the team that takes it to the hole more gets more free throws. It seems like such a simple concept but LA fans proved that they struggle with it after game 2 of the finals last year.

RedsLakers24
03-02-2009, 01:04 PM
The suns won this game because the wanted it more, it wasnt the refs, lakers were shooting a bunch of Jumpshots, everyone was useless, except kobe and gasol, i think we should start morrison instead of walton just to see what will happen,

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
The suns won this game because the wanted it more, it wasnt the refs, lakers were shooting a bunch of Jumpshots, everyone was useless, except kobe and gasol, i think we should start morrison instead of walton just to see what will happen,

OK well the smart Laker fans are man enough to admit a loss thanks for not being dumb RedsLakers.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I have to admit that even though I desperately want the Suns to make the lottery for their own betterment, it was tremendous fun seeing the scrappy Suns defeat the Lakers.

Amundson is pretty dumb, but that guy can play basketball. Very little offense, and I'm not sure he really understands much that's going on, but his hustle and timing are really very good for a scrub. He's a ton of fun to watch. Seeing Barbosa improve is also a pleasure. I hope that kid can figure things out, because if he does he'll be dynamic.

MambaJuice2408
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM

ask the cavs and celtics what happen when the Lakers play their game

Xylus
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
This is feeling more and more like the '06 season when Amare was out and it seemed like we had no hope of going anywhere. The team embraced the underdog role and fought for every win despite being undersized against every single oppponent. The main difference being that we now have Shaq anchoring the paint instead of Boris Diaw.

The team is obviously structured a little different, but the feeling is the same.

MambaJuice2408
03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
It's about time the Lakers hit an offensive slump. They have gone pretty much the entire season without having two consecutive bad shooting games "by the team" like this...

Hopefully it serves as a reminder to play better defense, because the offense can come and go.

No way Phx should have scored that many without Nash playin. However, they deserved to win because of the Lakers mindset of thinking they just have to show up and trade baskets and only play defense the final 5 minutes of a game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
No way Phx should have scored that many without Nash playin. However, they deserved to win because of the Lakers mindset of thinking they just have to show up and trade baskets and only play defense the final 5 minutes of a game.

That's my feeling. Phoenix caught LA asleep. It was a great win but it doesn't clinch any championships. They need to build off it not get high off it.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Aberration

iggypop123
03-03-2009, 03:01 AM
lakers half assed it and when they tried to play odom was taken out of the game by refs. other than that its not a big deal

Kamnik
03-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I just hope Duncan will be able to play so good as Shaq does at 37.

Props to Shaq!

mogrovejo
03-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Laker fans seem incapable of understanding that the team that takes it to the hole more gets more free throws. It seems like such a simple concept but LA fans proved that they struggle with it after game 2 of the finals last year.

That's because they're the exception to that rule, mostly due to Kobe - whose inside shots/FTA ratio is absolutely ridiculous in the entire history of the league. Kobe is the only player in the game that, for some reason, is able to go to the line at an insane pace (almost 10x per 48) in spite of 80% of his shots being jumpers.

de Soto
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Good job Phoenix today for going out there and getting another routine win against an underdog Laker team. Nothing spectacular about this win considering it was just the Lakers, but good job nonetheless. They just went out there and played their game. If more teams would just go out there, play some defense, get your rebounds, and get good looks at the basket against the Lakers, the Lakers would be about 40-20 rather than 48-12. Good job at getting the high percentage shots with Shaq. If Amare isn't so concerned about being the man when he comes back, Phoenix can do some damage in the West and possibly make the WCF's.

It was another day of 20 missed shots for the so-called MVP Kobe Bryant. 10-for-31 against the Nuggets and then 18-for-38...wow, it's amazing what happens when teams play DEFENSE against Kobe and not play Mickey Mouse basketball just because it's Kobe. No trash talking or disrespect to the Lakers with this thread, just making a point that if teams go out and play their game against the Lakers, the Lakers most likely lose and are a #5 seed team. Again, good job Phoenix. Nothing shocking or surprising about this win.

Phoenix got lucky because the Lakers had a real bad day...just like the Spurs had a bad day in Portland. Although the Trailblazers ARE a lot better team than the whining and easily manhandled Suns...:rollin

At this rate, it is becoming less and less clear that the Lakers have any superiority whatsoever over the Spurs...
:flag::flag::flag:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Although the Trailblazers ARE a lot better team than the whining and easily manhandled Suns...:rollin

Suns are 34-25 Portland is 37-22. Three game difference keeping in mind the fact that for all but 8 games the Suns had a horrible coach at the helm. Doesn't seem like too big a difference to me.

I shouldn't expect someone with a name in bright pink to actually think their thoughts through, so my bad I guess.