PDA

View Full Version : Hill and Udoka have to go

SpursDynasty
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Udoka is just being himself and George Hill, he had some great 20 point games early in November but he hasn't done anything but drive down our season field goal percentage since...

They would be better off elsewhere

i LUV da SpURZ
03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
we can develop hill but yea udoka has 2 bounce

Mr. Body
03-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Udoka may be finished. Hill is horribly overrated on this board. He's just alright.

Dingle Barry
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Udoka may be finished. Hill is horribly overrated on this board. He's just alright.
His production is inconsistent. He is a rookie. He has the skills to become a good pg.

lefty
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Udoka? yes

Hill ? no fucking way !!!!

bdictjames
03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
When is Udoka coming off the books?

DMX7
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Udoka is terrible, I think he is coming off the books soon.

Ice009
03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
So looking back would you guys have been happy to trade Hill for Camby if that offer was accepted?

ManuTP9
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Udoka is fucking garbage

Chomag
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Dude, Hill is a rookie.

weebo
03-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Hill will be a good pg once he gets a handle on the position and learns his strengths on offense.

poop
03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
hill actually reminds me of a really young Tony parker...he get all these great drives to the bucket then flubs the layups. he's already got the groundwork-if he can polish his finishes the way tony ended up doing, he will prove to be extremely valuable

DespЏrado
03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
So looking back would you guys have been happy to trade Hill for Camby if that offer was accepted?

Seriously there were so many lamenting the idea of letting Hill go for Camby, I wonder where those people are now?

It was a no brainer at the time, but giving up on Hill now is even worse a mistake than not trading him for Camby. You can't give up on a guy like Hill until he has a year under his belt. Giving up on a rookie who is just learning the hardest position in the game is nuts. He can still turn into a hell of a baller.

Udoka I have no clue what his deal is. The guy could and should be so much more than what he has turned in to. I can't help but feel he has given up on this team, especially when Bowen and Finley seem like better options than him.

benefactor
03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Dude, Hill is a rookie.

Spursmania
03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Get rid of Udoka. Keep Hill-he's an unpolished rookie. Give him some time and the Spurs will be happy with him. All that aside -did he suck tonight? I give a resounding Yes. But, so did our starters.

sook
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
ime ftw!

benefactor
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Seriously though...Udoka is beyond terrible. When he ran out and fouled Fernandez while he was shooting that three I almost tossed my remote through my TV. I don't think my blood pressure can handle many more minutes from him.

SequSpur
03-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Udoka is just being himself and George Hill, he had some great 20 point games early in November but he hasn't done anything but drive down our season field goal percentage since...

you're a midget!

Thompson
03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Seriously there were so many lamenting the idea of letting Hill go for Camby, I wonder where those people are now?

I'm right here, and I'm still glad we didn't. Now we keep our promising backup point guard (I agree with the other poster who hopes Hill will improve much like Parker did when he learned how to finish). I don't think Parker was as automatic as he is now when he first started.

Camby would have been nice, but I would like it more if we could sign Rasheed Wallace cheap in the offseason while keeping Hill. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I still like that we kept Hill (or rather, Sterling lost his mind and decided to keep Camby so that he could continue paying him $10 million to lose for a few more years).

SouthTexasRancher
03-01-2009, 11:10 PM

Udoka The Bum....I agree totally!!! Pop should leave him in Portland and tell him it was fun while it lasted kid, but you're completely washed up as an NBA player. Your best bet is the playground against a bunch of junior high kids.

Hill...No way...are you nuts? Give the kid time to develop over the next couple of seasons. He is going to be a top notch guard once he gets everything down where it is just reaction. Right now he is torn between being what he was in college and playing the way Pop wants him to play.

whottt
03-01-2009, 11:22 PM
George Hill is going to be an excellent player with an unusual skill set once he develops. If he didn't play behind one of the best PG's in the league he'd be starting on this team over some guys that start for other teams.

You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure out that if he gets minutes he's a pretty effective PG, even for a rookie, and if he doesn't he struggles with his confidence and consistency.

Never Post Again.

Budkin
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
WTF happened to Udoka? He was pretty solid last year.

SouthTexasRancher
03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
WTF happened to Udoka? He was pretty solid last year.

He looks to me like a deer caught in the headlights. Otherwise I have no idea. Possibly a shrink is in order for him!

Austin_Toros
03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Udoka stinks. And yes, Hill isn't the talk of the town he once was. I'm sick of him already.

DarrinS
03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Hill is still young. Udoka can hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, if you're watching a recorded Spurs game and you notice Udoka playing in the first half, you know that Pop has no interest whatsoever in winning and you might as well stop watching.

Joe Schmoogins
03-02-2009, 12:38 AM
jayc_23 where you at?

The Truth #6
03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Udoka makes what, $1million/year? He may not have delivered what people wanted but it's not like he's relatively overpaid. People just had too high of expectations.

Having said that, he has regressed. Who knows why. Probably a combination of declining athleticism and San Antonio End of Bench Disorder.

EricB
03-02-2009, 01:18 AM
:lmao @ you retards bailing on George Hill.

"Spurs fans are idiots" - Marcus Bryant

No truer words were spoken.

iggypop123
03-02-2009, 01:34 AM
hill hit and crashed and burned at the rookie wall. thats all

crc21209
03-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Hill will be fine, anyone remember the Boston game? Eveeeerybody was on his nuts then, hell he even shut down AI. He'll be fine. Now Udoka, has to go. Hairston has to take his spot in the rotation.

SpursDynasty
03-02-2009, 02:15 AM
How about D Rob come out of retirement

wisnub
03-02-2009, 03:15 AM

Udoka will definitely will go,since hes done nothing and Hairston really developing. I got no idea what u said about Hill, I guess you only look at statistic but didnt watch Spurs games...Hill improve his D,hustle for ball, and still got many potential...the thing is you got to understand basketball and watch Spurs games in order to see that he contribute to team and got potential to be great. Spurs draft not based on scoring statistics alone,there are more things to analyze..and look whos they got in low draft: Manu and TP..not to mention Mason Jr develop into 3 point threat, and I almost forgot about Bonner but nevermind..Bonner is always controversial

angelbelow
03-02-2009, 03:34 AM

???

Spur-Addict
03-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Udoka is fucking garbage

:lmao

Funny, Sad, yet so true.

Ice009
03-02-2009, 03:56 AM
I love George on defense and I like to see him to continue to get better there, but on offense he is pretty bad.

He can't get to the rack and he's always passive. His handles don't seem to good either. When he gets in just past the free throw line that is an area where he seems to lose the ball quite often. When he starts a lot of drives you usually see him pull out just before he gets to that point and pass it off to someone else.

I still really like George, but I probably would have traded him for Camby even if it would have been a tough decision.

Anyway I will support George and hope he can get better to help us the rest of the regular season and playoffs. I might be on him a little bit, but I think George has got it in him. He just has to forget about some of the last few games and move on and start free.

Muser
03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Udoka should hand out the Gatorade.

rascal
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
George Hill is going to be an excellent player with an unusual skill set once he develops. If he didn't play behind one of the best PG's in the league he'd be starting on this team over some guys that start for other teams.

You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure out that if he gets minutes he's a pretty effective PG, even for a rookie, and if he doesn't he struggles with his confidence and consistency.

Never Post Again.

Agree. Hill was playing well early in the season when he was starting and getting consistent minutes.

Rain318
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Hill is still young. Udoka can hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, if you're watching a recorded Spurs game and you notice Udoka playing in the first half, you know that Pop has no interest whatsoever in winning and you might as well stop watching.

i second this statement
Udoka is either the human victory cigar or the human white flag

Dex
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
i second this statement
Udoka is either the human victory cigar or the human white flag

I'd be okay with Udoka in that capacity.

Unfortunately, Ime got some minutes that happened to coincide with the defense played against Portland (the first game) and Dallas, and now I think Pop's concocted the crazy notion that this guy actually knows what he's doing again.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I really hate Spurs fans, even though I'm a die-hard..you guys are fucking annoying..

you guys bust on Ian for getting injured and call him a "bust", and you guys are shitting on Hill now..THESE GUYS ARE LATE FIRST ROUND PICKS..what the fuck do you expect from a late first round pick?! we aren't going to get lottery production from a 26th fucking pick..

he's already had A LOT of good games this year, and he's exceeded expectations..he's a rookie learning the TOUGHEST position in basketball, which is the PG position..a lot of these people are mad that we couldn't get Batum, even though he plays a much easier position, and he was picked ahead of Hill..

stop being so fucking spoiled..we aren't getting lottery picks..if we were actually getting lottery picks, you'd all be crying about how we're in the lottery..

galvatron3000
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
all fans are annoying atleast the ones who makes brainless statements. Get a clue, Hill is a rookie, he wasn't drafted high so there is room for improvement and that's EXPECTED. Udoka is just in a bad struggle and would seem to need a new place of residence after the season or if the SPurs need to waive a player who isn't going to help in the long run.

rayray2k8
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Hill is a rookie you moron..
I think your expectations on George were way too high..
Even for your standards. :rolleyes
Udoka on the other hand, he's got to go.

loveforthegame
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Hill is a rookie and needs time to adjust and live up to all that potential. We've seen the flashes of what he can do but have to live with the downside as well.

Udoka can go.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 01:08 PM
George Hill: 18 MPG, 6.5 PPG, 2.1 APG, 2.3 RPG, 40% shooting..

26th round picks in the past..

Aaron Brooks: 12 MPG, 5.2 PPG, 1.7 APG, 41% shooting..
Jordan Farmar: 15 MPG, 4.4 PPG, 1.9 APG, 42% shooting..
Jason Maxiell(I'll put his 2nd year, since he didn't play much in his rookie year, and he's a big): 14 MPG, 5 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 50% shooting..

Kevin Martin: 10 MPG, 2.9 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 38% shooting..
Ndudi Eby: nothing..
John Salmons, 2nd year: 21 MPG, 5.8 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 1.7 APG, 39% shooting..
Mamadou N'diaye: nothing..

Sam Dalembert was solid in his 2nd year, but he was playing 25 MPG..he's the only 26th pick in the 2000's to make a significant impact instantly, once his minutes became significant..

Hill is right on track..

Dex
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I find it funny how everyone is (rightfully) jumping to the defense of the rookie, but Ime Udoka...

At least I'm not the only one who feels like this guy is under-performing.

Silverheart80
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I love that TP is our starting point guard, but I'm just as happy to see a guy like George Hill as our backup behind him. As many have said already, he's a rookie and he's gonna be just fine with more playing time and experience. I think already his defense and hustle can help us win a championship from a backup role with limited minutes, even now, and he'll only get better in the next couple of years.

Spurs Brazil
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
George Hill: 18 MPG, 6.5 PPG, 2.1 APG, 2.3 RPG, 40% shooting..

26th round picks in the past..

Aaron Brooks: 12 MPG, 5.2 PPG, 1.7 APG, 41% shooting..
Jordan Farmar: 15 MPG, 4.4 PPG, 1.9 APG, 42% shooting..
Jason Maxiell(I'll put his 2nd year, since he didn't play much in his rookie year, and he's a big): 14 MPG, 5 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 50% shooting..

Kevin Martin: 10 MPG, 2.9 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 38% shooting..
Ndudi Eby: nothing..
John Salmons, 2nd year: 21 MPG, 5.8 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 1.7 APG, 39% shooting..
Mamadou N'diaye: nothing..

Sam Dalembert was solid in his 2nd year, but he was playing 25 MPG..he's the only 26th pick in the 2000's to make a significant impact instantly, once his minutes became significant..

Hill is right on track..

Agree, Hill is playing like a normal rookie. He has a good upside

Texas_Ranger
03-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Hill's got the Beno syndrome!

Agloco
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Hill can stick around.

Udoka's pickup = fail

Indazone
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Hill is just young and hit the rookie wall as opposing defenses have analyzed him and devised strategies to play him. He'll learn and adjust. Ime on the other hand...as a veteran player I don't see much upside.

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Good post! While he looks passive to me at times, the more I watch it looks like he is really working on being a point guard first, which is most likely what pops wants from him. His numbers are good for a small school rookie who is changing from a sg to a pg and lets not forget he is like the 7th-8th option on the team.

his posting up better rookie numbers than benos rookie and sopho years here, hence even his whole spurs tenure here....

jayc23
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
jayc_23 where you at?

Here... I am too busy running a business to deal with every tool that opens his mouth.. We all know by now the potential of George .. I don't have to rant and defend him.. you want JV back at point.. didn't think so .. STFU

sananspursfan21
03-02-2009, 05:37 PM

scratch the first guy on the title to this thread

Chomag
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I just don't understand what some of you are expecting from Hill.

He is learning the PG position. He has to set up the and offense not just run down and take the shot every time he has the ball. Also like someone said, he is like the 8th scoring option on our team so cut the kid a little slack.

Although he does make some mistakes at times I think Hill is development is pretty much on pace where he should be.

I do wish to see him getting about 5 minutes more a game then he is now though.

senorglory
03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
San Antonio End of Bench Disorder.

I think this is a very real thing, and possibly the best diagnosis; or an alternative diagnosis is that Udoka has been Beno'ed.

SpursDynasty
03-02-2009, 06:11 PM
George Hill was great at the beginning of the year when Tony and Manu were out....based on his play at the beginning of the year I thought he would provide the Spurs with a new energy/spark the way Devin Harris did when he became a starter for Dallas in 2006. Except Devin Harris made his shots.

I think he should get more minutes. Parker got 29 minutes a game his rookie year.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
another thing..

wasn't George a SG in High School and in College? I thought I heard that somewhere, and that he was adjusting to being a PG..if that's the case, then that's even more reason to expect inconsistency..

MarHill
03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Hill is a keeper and will only get better. Unfortunately, Udoka may be a goner in the off-season. I really had high hopes for him....but it hasn't worked out the way I thought he would. He was tabbed as the Bruce Bowen replacement and that has never really materialized.

He's a decent player and if the Spurs don't keep him for next season..I could see him go back to Portland.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I hope he retires..I wouldn't wish Ime on any team..