PDA

View Full Version : Kobe deserves absolutely no blame whatsoever for the Suns winning today

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Great win for the Suns, I wasn't expecting that at all and I hope this propels them to do well in their upcoming road trip. I don't really feel like over estimating this win for them, they caught a team asleep and took advantage. Good move but I'm not ready to crown them George Mason like some people are.

I'm making this thread because Kobe doesn't deserve blame for supposedly being a "ball hog" today. Kobe has been anything but a ball hog this year and has tried to get his teammates involved, meaning that he clearly doesn't care at all about putting up points if it means his team wins.

Today however, the one way LA was going to win is if Kobe took over, and they almost did. Here are a few things that happened today:

1) Lamar Odom forgot to attach his dick to his body before the game
2) Luke Walton had one of his "I'm only in the NBA cause of my dad" games
3) Derek Fisher couldn't hit water if he was shooting from a boat

Kobe has absolutely no control over any of those things. If his teammates aren't doing shit, he's got no choice but to do what he did and take over. Also, LA didn't lose this game on offense, they lost it on defense. The guy Kobe was guarding, J-Rich, was 3-10 and had 8 points. One player can only guard one player. If Pau Gasol is going to pretend there is no such thing as a weight room and lets Shaq get shots at will, that isn't Kobe's problem.

So great win Suns, just tryin to make a point that Kobe can only create a wide open shot for his teammates, he can't make the shot for them.

IronMexican
03-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Didn't read the post. But I agree with the OP. This one was on Everyone not named Kobe or Pau.

j-money24
03-02-2009, 12:40 AM
defense is the thing that will stop those lakers from winning the championship.
if they dont start playing "DEFENSE"
than i can easily see the cavs winning it all this year.
but good win for the suns they deserve it, shaq is still beasting it, and gentry is the right coach for this team, if stoumdamire and nash can get healthy, they can be a really dangerous team, the reason why they were struggling was because of porter but they got rid of him. but sadly stoudamire wont be back this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 01:05 AM
defense is the thing that will stop those lakers from winning the championship.
if they dont start playing "DEFENSE"
than i can easily see the cavs winning it all this year.
but good win for the suns they deserve it, shaq is still beasting it, and gentry is the right coach for this team, if stoumdamire and nash can get healthy, they can be a really dangerous team, the reason why they were struggling was because of porter but they got rid of him. but sadly stoudamire wont be back this year.

Amare being out has yet to have a negative impact on their record. They won the OKC game, lost the Boston game which they would have lost with Amare, won against Charlotte, lost to LA in LA w/o Nash so they would have lost with Amare, beat Toronto, and won today.

Arguably Amare being out has had a positive effect on their record. The only way I see him impacting the W-L of the games so far is the game today where he might have made the Lakers take it more seriously and might have been what got Odom going.

TheSpursFNRule
03-02-2009, 04:14 AM
did anyone see Kobe foul Grant Hill 2 or 3 times when Hill was bringing up the ball? Nothing was called until a second later when Odom was called for a foul. Kobe gets away with murder and it drives me nuts. I fucking hate that guy.

21_Blessings
03-02-2009, 07:49 AM
did anyone see Kobe foul Grant Hill 2 or 3 times when Hill was bringing up the ball? Nothing was called until a second later when Odom was called for a foul. Kobe gets away with murder and it drives me nuts. I fucking hate that guy.

Cry more.

Banzai
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif)

sook
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif)

:lol

Hemotivo
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM

:lmao

pauls931
03-02-2009, 05:11 PM

The Kobe rules?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
As a Spurs fan we don't claim this guy...he sounds more like a Suns fan with a Spurs fan name pretending to be a Spurs fan because he is embarrassed to be a Suns fan.:downspin:

God, what do you have against Suns fans? If you were to say Suns homers I would get it, but not all of us are like that Da_Suns_fan dude.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 05:35 PM
As a Spurs fan we don't claim this guy...he sounds more like a Suns fan with a Spurs fan name pretending to be a Spurs fan because he is embarrassed to be a Suns fan.:downspin:

I don't even think Spurs fans claim your sweet and sour chicken ass.

dirk4mvp
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't even think Spurs fans claim your sweet and sour chicken ass.

That's what I was thinking. But now that you've said that, be prepared to see some Miami Heat pictures.

Spursfan092120
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Was I the only one that heard the commentators say that even though Kobe scored 49, Amundson did a great job defending him? How is that even freaking possible?

gaKNOW!blee
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Was I the only one that heard the commentators say that even though Kobe scored 49, Amundson did a great job defending him? How is that even freaking possible?

well, he needed 38 shots and 10 fts to do it.

and i think he was talking about barnes.

lefty
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Gasol was great

Kobe was back to his old self, AKA Koballhog

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Because all of Kobe's shots were low percentage.....nothing you can do about fade away 20 footers.